MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
28 April 2024, 08:21:06
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : The "How Was Your Day?" Thread
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 » Print
Author Topic: The "How Was Your Day?" Thread  (Read 1531447 times)
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #3650 on: 23 January 2009, 01:38:06 »

Dr. House teaching is only slightly less mean than Dr. House doctoring, but yeah it's cool.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #3651 on: 23 January 2009, 04:25:35 »

So, yeah, I don't think I updated you guys on how my second stand-up performance went... but it went well. I had a heckler but I tore him an asshole and it was great, and fun.

I'm still not good at all. Like, this performance was better than my first one, but in comparison to every stand-up comedy performance ever, it was absolutely terrible. Though, I'm REALLY hard on myself.

Like, I love Roomhates and I'm doing it for fun and experience, but I always hate the final product and I don't understand how people actually find it funny and keep watching. But sooooo many people do. I keep meeting people that I've never met around campus and they'll be like "Oh, hey, I saw Roomhates man, it was awesome! When's the next episode?"

Friends keep showing other friends who keep showing other friends and it just kind of balloons and a LOT of people like it.

But I think they're crazy.

Anyway, we pretty much wrapped on filming today.

The series was supposed to end with a rap-style music video sort of thing with rewritten lyrics to In The End by Linkin Park, but I finally decided at quite ltierally the last minute that this is a terrible idea.

And we thought of something SO fantastic that I can't wait 'till this weekend when we're going to film most of it. It's just some hilarious stuff that'll really wrap up the whole series and be that single final exclamation point.

I went to see a comedian tonight who was in town with some friends. Dan Cummins, maybe you've seen him on TV before. I've given up expecting other people around me to know these obscure comedians.
He's actually pretty good, I've seen him before and I still liked him a lot tonight.

One of my new buddies in the stand-up comedy club opened for him so that was pretty cool.

Anyway, Dan Cummins was telling a joke about blind people, and Krysten, one girl I was with, leans in to me and says "Does he know there's an actual blind guy in the audience?"
So I whispered loudly back to her: "IT'S A JOKE."

And Dan heard this, so he was like "What's goin' on over here?"

I didn't feel like explaining what actually happened, so I threw Krysten under the tire and said "She just didn't get the last joke."

Which was awesome because then Dan went off on her for a good two minutes just making fun of her.

I'm an asshole. She was not happy with me - I haven't seen someone get so embarrassed in years.

Anyway, cool stuff is that I talked to Dan Cummins after the show. He's already met some of the guys in the Stand-Up Comedy Club. The cool part was that he didn't really try to give me pointers or advice, he was just genuinely chill about it and boosted my confidence and such.

Overall, I've been in a good mood lately.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #3652 on: 23 January 2009, 04:36:28 »

Sounds like a good time.

I'm going to do another Rock Band/World Tour game contest next month.
If it's World Tour, I'm going to do expert drums and vocals at the same time. That should score some points.
Of course I'll sit out of the song that out guitarist will play guitar and sing on to make up for it.

Then we'll do a Chinese fire drill on the last one.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #3653 on: 23 January 2009, 11:09:56 »

I went to see TNA live last night, and it was superb.

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #3654 on: 25 January 2009, 01:10:48 »

So my dad decides to buy a lottery ticket, for an estimated pot of 43 million. I know the chances are crazy low, but it'd still be great if we won.

If we somehow manage to win, I'll pay for Legends 3 to be made :D

LOL BANDWAGON
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #3655 on: 26 January 2009, 16:51:35 »

Slept in and missed my first class.
Don't care.

Now I'm downloading the Windows 7 beta and I'm going to install it on VMware (as the way the files are located around my disc I can only create a 6 gig partition) and I'm going to see how well it works.
Should be fun.

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #3656 on: 26 January 2009, 20:00:47 »

I've probably spent about three hours of my time actively trying to get Tribes 2 to work again. Between all the possible compatibility modes and creating a virtual machine with Windows 98 I've exhausted basically any idea I could possibly have. #####ing unhandled exception c0000005
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #3657 on: 26 January 2009, 20:19:03 »

Slept in and missed my first class.
Don't care.

I woke up this morning, saw the clock was 11:35 AM and I thought the same thing.

And then I realized it was a dream and woke up for real. It was 8:30.

I really hate it when that happens. I'm relieved, but dang.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #3658 on: 26 January 2009, 21:24:12 »

I slept in and was a half an hour late for class today.

I'm in class right now. Started at 3PM.

Anyway, ##### C++ and its OOP.

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #3659 on: 26 January 2009, 23:58:35 »

I should have done my homework before I started on this. Windows 98 doesn't like my crappy integrated Intel graphics card chipset, and vice versa.

Windows 2000, on the other hand, is supported. I'm going to try that next. In fact I'll probably switch my D: partition to win2k when I'm done with win7.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #3660 on: 27 January 2009, 00:09:07 »

Okay, so Dan (the same Dan from Roomhates, yes) and I were about to start editing Episode 5, when I got the sudden craving for Chipotle, a wonderful restaraunt that I haven't been to in a while.

He says "So let's go" and I say "Somebody told me that there isn't a Chipotle around here" and he says "No, I'm pretty sure there is."

So he types "Chipotle" in on Google Maps on his iPod Touch and we head for the bus stop and head out.

It's very cold.

After many wrong and missed buses, we finally trek about a mile to the spot that was marked for us on Google Maps. There is no Chipotle to be found. I gleefully make fun of the name of a restaraunt called "Bagle Beanery."

Confused, we try to find a spot with WiFi so we can check Google Maps again. Obviously, the oldest, most run-down looking place on the block is the only place with working WiFi.

We discover that when Dan typed in "Chipotle", it showed a bunch of restaraunts that have chipotle sauce.

Not the restaraunt, Chipotle Mexican Grill.

We would NOT be deterred.

In the still freezing cold, we trekked back to a bus stop after checking for another Chipotle.

This was becoming like a really bad version of Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle, except the minorities are a Jew and an Asian, the White Castle is a Chipotle, and nobody's doing drugs.

But we did basically live out the entire rest of the plotline.

Including Neil Patrick Harris.

Finally, we found a Chipotle... but it was closed for whatever reason.

Ended up settling for Taco Bell and now everybody has to wait even longer for Episode 5 of Roomhates since we got nothing done.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #3661 on: 27 January 2009, 00:52:19 »

I'm running Windows 7 on a virtual machine right now.

I've already done a bunch of tweaking and for only using 3/4 of my processors (dual core 2.0GHz AMD)  and 1.2 gigs of RAM it runs really well.
Once it actually gets running it's better than Vista, even though I've pretty much tweaked it to look and behave like Vista.

It's pretty sleek and runs better than I expected.
My computer freezes for like 5 minutes whenever I try to do things at the same time on both though.
That gets a little annoying.

Also setting up the virtual machine to run right on top of all the data I have on my hard drive can be tough, as right now it treats Vista like it's a computer on the same network, with everything public.

Sorry to hear about that Sano.
Depending on what level retardation he was, he probably in control. Most are.

And ASR I think it's funny that it searched for places with chipotle SAUCE.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #3662 on: 27 January 2009, 02:07:12 »

I forgot to mention that the restaraunt we accidentally went to first was that same Bagle Beanery that I had pointed out. We went in and asked if they had chipotle sauce, and then walked out when they said "yes, we do, why?"

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #3663 on: 27 January 2009, 21:09:14 »

Allnighter last night.

Long day.

Dogs, barking.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #3664 on: 30 January 2009, 06:08:45 »

Finished Episode 5 of Roomhates earlier tonight.

Called up a bunch of people and had a full screening of all 5 episodes.

Finally got to the fifth episode, premiering to about 15 people gathered behind my computer in my room. It was uncomfortable.

I'm glad I watched it with a crowd and got all the reactions because Episode 5 is really just... it's a different episode. You'll see when you watch it. If you watch it.

I don't understand why so many people seem to actually really love Roomhates but I guess I'm okay with it. If I think it's bad and know that I can do a lot better, yet everyone really seems to like it, I can't wait until I actually do something that I personally find to be of a high quality.

Admittedly, Episode 5 does have some pretty sweet stuff, and a great ending. If you can call it an ending. More of an all-out epic (in the actual sense of the word) high-intensity finale.

It's uploading right now. Watch it tomorrow morning. Or whenever.

Because that's it.

I'm FINALLY done with Roomhates.

Well, we're making DVD's and a blooper reel... but... ugh. Damn it. Why'd I remind myself?

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #3665 on: 30 January 2009, 16:28:54 »

BLOOPER REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #3666 on: 1 February 2009, 03:47:24 »

Dan suggested we do commentaries and I suggested he go keel over and die.

But the blooper reel should be good. We had a lot of fun. That quick 2-second shot of Becky (Emma) tying her shoe in Episode 4 took us, like, an hour to film because we couldn't stop laughing about how it sounded like she said "Menstrual Institution" the first time.

Posted on: 30 January 2009, 16:53:57

Did a test DVD of Roomhates today without any bonus features. It actually... looks really nice. It feels a lot more professional when it's all nicely packaged the way I did it. Had to use Sony's #####ty Click To DVD software which allows VERY little customization, so that bugs me. They have to make professional DVD creation software where you can really design and customize the menus.

Anyway, just got back from the Last Comic Standing show. This was the last show on the tour, here in Kalamazoo at Western Michigan University. Aren't we special?

I only liked a couple of them, out of four. I think I only laughed twice during the winner's set. I liked the 3rd place guy the most.

But overall, we had fun. A good night.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #3667 on: 1 February 2009, 06:24:56 »

So, I'm having a whack attack-right now. I'm feeling the beginning of a fever coming on, soar throat and a extremely crazy headache to boot. But I somehow beat Crystal Snails stage without effort, no damage run, got the heart tank without thinking, took the ride carrier to the mini-boss. And took out Crystal Snail with just the X buster, not taking one hit.

Then I went on to Wire Sponges stage to dominate that, more than usual in that stage, anyway.. I'm buzzing out or something... It's gotten to the point where I'm watching TV with my mouth agape.

LOL BANDWAGON
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #3668 on: 1 February 2009, 07:20:05 »

My TV's input stopped working earlier this month.

Haven't been able to play videogames or watch DVD's or anything.

I mean, the TV still works.

But yeah, I don't miss the videogames.

And I have a portable DVD player.

It has put a stunt on movie night, though.

I think I'm going to write a screenplay.

Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #3669 on: 1 February 2009, 23:34:24 »

So I'm at the register and I realize, I got no money. I'm seriously broke.
Why?
'Cause I bought Fable 2 and I renewed my LIVE Gold membership last night.
Man, I've got no money.
No more money to buy games.
No more money to spend while out with my friends.
No more money to buy anything for the girl I'm limerently attracted to, but I don't really care, I've been givin' her tons of ##### lately and she seems pretty disinterested in me anyway, so I don't think V-Day is going to matter much.
Ya know, things are going to be okay, the only games I even have the slightest interest in buying have been out forever and are totally marked down. The only new game I see me buying in the near future is MadWorld, and NMH2 won't be out for a whole year, so it's all good.
I'm too quick to bitch about stuff.
I still need a job either way.
Anyboo, am I the only one who didn't even know the fancy football thing is on today and still doesn't care?
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #3670 on: 2 February 2009, 00:39:21 »

So I'm at the register and I realize, I got no money. I'm seriously broke.
Why?
'Cause I bought Fable 2 and I renewed my LIVE Gold membership last night.

:)

Also, I'm watching that football thing.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #3671 on: 2 February 2009, 00:44:01 »

I hate football.

I hate sports. Mostly.

Only thing I like out of the Super Bowl are the commercials.

I'm not going to watch them however, because that requires me to watch the Super Bowl.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #3672 on: 2 February 2009, 01:26:57 »

I've got some friends over and the TV's on, but I only watch for the commercials.

AND BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN.

"I WANT YOU TO PUT YOUR CHICKEN FINGERS DOWN."

QUOTE OF THE YEAR.

AND THEN.

HE POWERSLID HIS BALLS INTO THE CAMERA. THAT WAS BADASS.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #3673 on: 2 February 2009, 04:41:01 »

HELL YES IT WAS!

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #3674 on: 2 February 2009, 04:43:59 »

There's been a banana in one of the urinals on my floor for about two weeks now.

It's just been sitting there, halfway down the hole but not blocking it, soaking up urine and toilet water.

A banana in the urinal.

A banana.

In the urinal.

I'm going to try to get somebody to eat it tomorrow for $60.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #3675 on: 2 February 2009, 04:59:19 »

Whine, whine, whine! That's all you ever do!

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #3676 on: 2 February 2009, 05:20:26 »

I'm not whining.

I think it's awesome.

I want someone to eat it so bad.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #3677 on: 2 February 2009, 05:41:45 »

It... it was a joke...

;_;

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #3678 on: 2 February 2009, 06:11:37 »

FINALLY in training to be a cook at the restaurant, figures that my second shift on line would be for the superbowl. Fortunately our restaurant's superbowl party is lame enough that I was anything but busy (in fact I probably spent more time restocking and cleaning than cooking #####), but unfortunately my shift was truncated as a result.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #3679 on: 2 February 2009, 12:23:52 »

Last night I watched half of the Superbowl.
Then I went to go study for a Bio test, which is today.

I bought some coffee on a whim and chugged it.
Stayed up 'till 1 AM studying.
Have a paper due today, figured I'd wake up early and do it.

Well, I didn't fall asleep until 5.
I had bursts of 3 minute naps which felt like hours except I woke up even more tired.

Today is going to suck, and I will need lots of naps.

A paper due today, a quiz, and a test.
The day after Superbowl Sunday.

Oh yeah, Steelers, woot.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #3680 on: 2 February 2009, 22:36:55 »

Today, after my lame Biology class, I went to go purchase things. Mainly a calender and school books.

I went to Gamestop, and on the 360 there, was Street Fighter 2 Turbo: HD Remix.

I was passing it by when I recognized a familiar tune.

Way too familiar.

I mean, waaaaaay too familiar.

Like, I was listening to something that's been playing on my iTunes for maybe over two months that I downloaded from OCReMix.

This is the music that was playing on the title screen.

I found it interesting, and just now, I looked at the OCReMix website, and found this.

Looks like Capcom likes OCR.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #3681 on: 3 February 2009, 02:51:02 »

Ha, I have some of his MegaMan remixes on my iPod.

Posted on:  2 February 2009, 22:43:06

There's a pretty big fire burning at an apartment complex not too far from my campus. It's all students that live there.

Apparently nobody has been hurt, but that's still a little scary.

Probably some idiots that started it doing something stupid.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #3682 on: 3 February 2009, 18:16:24 »

Probably was just someone's elaborate scheme to kill their roommate.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #3683 on: 3 February 2009, 18:21:07 »

Sounds reasona--HEY.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #3684 on: 3 February 2009, 20:51:10 »

Today, after my lame Biology class, I went to go purchase things. Mainly a calender and school books.

I went to Gamestop, and on the 360 there, was Street Fighter 2 Turbo: HD Remix.

I was passing it by when I recognized a familiar tune.

Way too familiar.

I mean, waaaaaay too familiar.

Like, I was listening to something that's been playing on my iTunes for maybe over two months that I downloaded from OCReMix.

This is the music that was playing on the title screen.

I found it interesting, and just now, I looked at the OCReMix website, and found this.

Looks like Capcom likes OCR.

Not Capcom, but Backbone Entertainment I believe.

But that's pretty awesome, now I know where to get the Soundtrack for free.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #3685 on: 3 February 2009, 20:59:45 »

Oh, I didn't tell you guys.
Yesterday (running on 1 hour of sleep from the previous night, mind you), I went through the motions of the day until it was time to lift with the football team.

I get down there and lift like a madman (I hadn't lifted last week because I was sick), and was pretty much lifting better than I ever had before.

Well I overdo it when I get to biceps (which we do while squatting, and right after squats makes the quads hurt like crazy).
After my last set I couldn't stand up. My legs were stuck in the squatting position.

When I did get up I got dizzy.
So I'm standing there trying to get my brain working and I start to black out. Coach puts a hand on my shoulder right before I fall over, takes me out to the hallway, where I proceed to sit down and respond like I've just had a concussion. 

Then I start puking.
Into a garbage can, but still.
That hallway is the same one that that leads to the pool, and there was some little kids thing going on there.
Roughly 20 kids saw me puking my guts out.
It was awesome.

I've been sore from the lift ever since, but besides that soreness I felt great after.
Gonna maybe lift again tomorrow, and see how my body is holding up.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #3686 on: 3 February 2009, 23:01:10 »

Today I started my first day of weight training, which was a fitness test everyone taking a phys ed class had to do. The 25 minute run, I've always been able to do well, but this week I had a fever, so I said NO MAS, and just did 13 minutes to pass. Got into second period still feeling #####ty, then I decided to sign out because I was gonna pass out. Got home and passed out.

LOL BANDWAGON
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #3687 on: 3 February 2009, 23:02:14 »

Feels good man.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #3688 on: 4 February 2009, 01:18:41 »

If I live at home 10 seconds longer I might cut my own throat with a vinyl record of "Rapper's Delight" by The Sugarhill Gang, side B.

My legs were stuck in the squatting position.

L.
O.
L.

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #3689 on: 4 February 2009, 03:13:55 »

How do you pick the side of the record you slit your throat with? Must be some sort of ninja ability.

Unless you were planning to slit your throat with the SURFACE of the record :S
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #3690 on: 4 February 2009, 03:33:33 »

Well, he was. Got a problem wit' 'dat?

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #3691 on: 4 February 2009, 04:28:07 »

I just finished Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang.

I liked it quite a lot, but it won't be a favorite of mine.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #3692 on: 4 February 2009, 04:39:05 »

Unless you were planning to slit your throat with the SURFACE of the record :S

Yes, it's;

some sort of ninja ability.

So DEAL with it.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #3693 on: 5 February 2009, 00:25:42 »

Thought this was funny: http://www.siude.com/siu_accused_of_copying_plagiarism_policy-1.1318397

Anyway, going on stage again tonight. Excited. Might post the video on Youtube this time. Maybe.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #3694 on: 6 February 2009, 03:45:18 »

http://protodudesrockmancorner.blogspot.com/2009/02/source-of-zeros-power-its-in-hair.html

Protodude is dumber than usual.

LOL BANDWAGON
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #3695 on: 6 February 2009, 07:02:18 »

That kid is something else. He is to humans what the 1898 Systeme Panhard is to the 1970 Corvette Stingray.

VS.

Crud VS. Awesomeness.

Except Protodude has less charm and really puts the "Proto" in protohuman.
« Last Edit: 6 February 2009, 07:07:52 by Mikero » Logged

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #3696 on: 6 February 2009, 13:43:19 »

I think the temperature just rose a bit, Mike.

LOL BANDWAGON
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #3697 on: 6 February 2009, 23:25:48 »

Today I tried making an account on this website that has this MMO I want to try.

Turns out my e-mail was already taken, so I went and sent a password to my e-mail.

Turns out I registered this account back in 2006. It's weird because I don't remember making this account at all, but I can tell that it's mine.

I sometimes wish I could remember things better...

Anyway, I'm off to cook some beef udon noodles with my new cooking pot.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #3698 on: 6 February 2009, 23:50:25 »

You're a cooking pot.

LOL BANDWAGON
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #3699 on: 7 February 2009, 01:19:22 »

That registering for things thing has happened to me before.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 » Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : The "How Was Your Day?" Thread
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string