MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
28 April 2024, 12:32:00
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : The "How Was Your Day?" Thread
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 » Print
Author Topic: The "How Was Your Day?" Thread  (Read 1531480 times)
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #6150 on: 24 June 2020, 03:44:12 »

Be careful out there, but from the COVID and the police.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #6151 on: 24 June 2020, 22:40:29 »

hey everybody :)

i've been trying to be active at protests and donating while also balancing safety during the pandemic. stressful times, lots of high emotion, but very fired up.

i've also been drawing a daily comic strip about being married to betty boop. miss you all!!!!!!!

I love the comic and the sketch still makes me so happy

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #6152 on: 26 June 2020, 19:00:56 »

I think its that self-challenge mentality that got me into such a bad spot. It's one of the reasons I liked to smoke or drink when I'm playing games, I found myself self-handicapping and using that as an excuse for the challenge. Eventually I almost started drowning in it as it became the norm.

That's interesting. Definitely not my style but I see how that can happen. I never drink alone or anything and don't even drink much at all anymore. My concept of challenging oneself is more about trying to learn new skills, finding new hobbies, or move where my goals are.

I got my job back the other day, That was neat.  Can you dudes believe I work at college-level Writing center?  Like, actually reading other student's work and improving on it?  Those of you who know me from like... 2004 might be blown away by that I guess... Maybe.   I actually blame this board and the people I kept in communication around that time for building my writing skills and building my vocabulary in a lot of ways.

That makes me happy to hear, congrats WW!

hey everybody :)

i've been trying to be active at protests and donating while also balancing safety during the pandemic. stressful times, lots of high emotion, but very fired up.

i've also been drawing a daily comic strip about being married to betty boop. miss you all!!!!!!!

I love that comic, it's so informative to me for how to get and keep a hot wife.

Also thanks for the support in all this man.

I went to protests too and actually have been able to start the ball rolling on some actionable change in my workplace. Hopefully it works out, in the long run I would like to set up an outreach program to show minority children that animation is viable career. In the short term I sort of became "the guy" for this stuff at work and organized a panel discussion and Q&A with myself and black members of the studio. It went amazingly well, it was the most cathartic and gratifying experience I've had in a while, I even saved the announcement graphics for it.

Something I fought for was to allow anonymous questions and to not shy away from uncomfortable topics/questions. If people are afraid to ask things, what's the point? There were portions where people cried, laughed, everything. I'm already trying to get the wheels moving on the next one because there's other people I want to see on the panel. Actually, one of the people helping behind the scenes was attacked (for being black) the night after the panel, so there's an obvious need for more discussions.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #6153 on: 25 July 2020, 16:11:28 »

Dude, I'm so psyched for one of the guys I work with. Taurin Clarke, who does our IT stuff for our NYC stores, got to do the variant cover to Captain Marvel #22, out this October!

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #6154 on: 30 July 2020, 19:01:59 »

That's dope, did he do all of it or just pencils/inks/colours?

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #6155 on: 2 August 2020, 19:58:57 »

That's dope, did he do all of it or just pencils/inks/colours?

I believe he did it all.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #6156 on: 4 August 2020, 21:16:43 »

Sick, I like that colouring style.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #6157 on: 24 August 2020, 19:44:33 »

Update on my co-worker, as of issue #22, he's going to be doing the main covers for Spider-Man: Miles Morales, plus he's got a bunch of non-yet-announced variant covers for Marvel, plus a few for Image. Being on furlough really helped get his foot in the door!

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #6158 on: 25 August 2020, 01:44:09 »

I got engaged on August 8th. Hard transition to saying fiancée instead of girlfriend after 5 years.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #6159 on: 25 August 2020, 19:01:10 »

Congratulations.  I for one, am still planning to die alone in a house full of cats.

Teelio
Sniper Joe

« Reply #6160 on: 8 September 2020, 15:24:43 »

Tomorrow marks the 1 week anniversary of my new "dream machine" - for work and play. I was scoping for months, but with school rushing in, I wasted too much time window-shopping.

Thanks to the great johncarllos! That shopping list you constructed was incredibly handy. I used it to compare specs of other PCs before I found one worthy to take home. Though I would have loved a custom-built one, I know too little about building PCs to trust myself in making one. This tower is an excellent starter though. No problems, smooth, silent, and sexy to boot.

Looks like I may be able to explore VR afterall...

tlo
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #6161 on: 8 September 2020, 17:06:15 »

Ooooh, I love that mirror-y finish on the case! Looks like a good workstation to me!

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #6162 on: 13 September 2020, 15:39:48 »

I got engaged on August 8th. Hard transition to saying fiancée instead of girlfriend after 5 years.

I know I said congratulations on FB, but congratulations again! When doing wedding plans, make sure to have Rez be a flower girl.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #6163 on: 14 September 2020, 20:38:37 »

Delta is the only one who is allowed to wear a dress.  I will be the bacon boy and throw bacon bits at them, as is tradition.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #6164 on: 14 September 2020, 23:28:33 »

Since we bought the dress already, can somebody help us convert it into a jumpsuit?

know I said congratulations on FB, but congratulations again! When doing wedding plans, make sure to have Rez be a flower girl.

Thank you! Rez, do you mind sharing the role of 'flour' girl with a 30lb sack of flour on a skateboard?

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #6165 on: 16 September 2020, 17:55:41 »

Do you want bacon or not?

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #6166 on: 4 December 2020, 16:14:26 »

Congrats again John! I don't know about you but my fiancée and I have been holding off on plans with covid now, but I know other couples that have set dates for next year.

I started a new job, but at the same animation company I've been at for 10 years. I used to be the head of my department so it was a hard decision to go back to the bottom of another one, but I'm way happier at the moment. Basically I grew stagnant and bored at the top of that old dept., I wanted more stimulus and to become more versatile. I'm now a character builds and rigging artist, which is basically creating the in-program characters for animators to animate. It combines the technical Toon Boom stuff I was doing before with more drawing.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #6167 on: 4 December 2020, 19:09:58 »

Started a kidney stone today!  Now I'm on 4 different medications to help with that.  I'm also on day 3 of nothing but McRib diet.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #6168 on: 4 December 2020, 22:22:21 »

Congrats again John! I don't know about you but my fiancée and I have been holding off on plans with covid now, but I know other couples that have set dates for next year.

I started a new job, but at the same animation company I've been at for 10 years. I used to be the head of my department so it was a hard decision to go back to the bottom of another one, but I'm way happier at the moment. Basically I grew stagnant and bored at the top of that old dept., I wanted more stimulus and to become more versatile. I'm now a character builds and rigging artist, which is basically creating the in-program characters for animators to animate. It combines the technical Toon Boom stuff I was doing before with more drawing.

Thank you again! Pretty much have everything planned already, just waiting now.

Speaking of new jobs, I changed careers again! I'm now a letter carrier for the United States Postal Service. Lots more hours, lots fewer days off, but once I'm a 'regular' the pay and benefits will be absolutely insane. I like the active life of the job too. It also feels nice to contribute to a service every day, and pretty much everyone is always happy to get their mail.

Started a kidney stone today!  Now I'm on 4 different medications to help with that.  I'm also on day 3 of nothing but McRib diet.

🤔 Hmmmm. I don't see a correlation.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #6169 on: 7 December 2020, 22:06:41 »

Nor do I.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #6170 on: 5 January 2021, 16:27:46 »

Haven't been around much, I was in a bad place over the holidays due to losing my grandfather to COVID-19 in early December and I'm just starting to come out of all that now that I'm back at work and in a routine. Hopefully everyone had a better time over the past month, but I also wanted send out a happy birthday to our boy Speed!

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #6171 on: 5 January 2021, 17:58:41 »

Sorry for you loss.  Hopefully 2021 will be a much better year all around.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #6172 on: 8 January 2021, 01:42:07 »

Happy Belated Birthday, Speed!

Sorry to hear that news, Mike. I can't even imagine what that must be like, especially with all the hoaxers out there. Glad you're back into your routine, hope things are looking up.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #6173 on: 11 January 2021, 19:01:38 »

Thanks guys. The good thing is we were able to manage celebrating his 100th birthday in September at least. But honestly even at 100 years-old, him losing his life to this pandemic rather than just old age feels like robbery.

I think a lot people just say "well they're old" which is fine under normal circumstances but this is basically a case of others being irresponsible. He lived in a veteran's home in Montreal, and Quebec has been absolutely terrible about keeping Covid out of old age homes this whole time.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #6174 on: 24 January 2021, 15:35:06 »

My house's furnace ##### the bed on Thursday and isn't getting fixed until tomorrow (Monday). We're pretty much just bundling up and staying undearneath tons of blankets. Thankfully it isn't too bad at night time.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #6175 on: 25 January 2021, 18:12:11 »

Pipes would be my big worry with that.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #6176 on: 23 February 2021, 15:20:24 »

Pipes would be my big worry with that.

Funny you should say that, because a pipe connection burst on Friday for a good 15 minutes. Got water on my Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, Sony PlayStation, Rock Band drum kit and a box of my Star Wars stuff. Then Sunday night my wife discovered that the water got a lot farther in the basement. So with that, I lost a couple of DVDs, about half of my Star Wars books (which were never supposed to be in the basement in the first place, thanks #####ty movers!), and I have about 800 CDs to go through to inspect for water damage.

State Farm wants the games consoles tested and cleaned before they'll move for replacement, so I have to get in touch with my local indie video game store later this week.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #6177 on: 23 February 2021, 20:28:03 »

I'd tell insurance to ##### off, refurbished electronics are not ideal.  They should just replace your stuff, like they're suppose to.  Are you looking at getting enough from them to replace all the games/cds/movies?

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #6178 on: 28 February 2021, 23:03:13 »

I'd tell insurance to ##### off, refurbished electronics are not ideal.  They should just replace your stuff, like they're suppose to.  Are you looking at getting enough from them to replace all the games/cds/movies?

I've got a $500 deductible, which I may hit after the video game systems are cleaned, laundry done, and list submitted of everything that got damaged. I finished going through the CDs with my brother, and there's a bunch of indie/punk compilations that are expensive as ##### now, along with a couple of indie 90s bands that never went anywhere and it looks like there's no discography listed online. So this should be fun to see what they have to say.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #6179 on: 1 March 2021, 02:54:02 »

Hopefully you can even FIND replacements for some of that, money aside.  I don't know how much video game stuff you had or from which eras, but some of it will EASILY push you past that $500.  Look at whatever it's going for on Price Charting or other tracking sites, and double that price.  That's what ebay will cost you to get it.  I hope you're able replace it all though.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #6180 on: 1 March 2021, 14:32:11 »

I'll be honest, if insurance moves to replace them, I doubt I'll replace the retro systems. We don't have the time to play everything and the money could be used elsewhere.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #6181 on: 1 March 2021, 21:27:30 »

Silly Speed, you don't play them, you put them on the shelf to admire!

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #6182 on: 9 March 2021, 03:13:25 »

I was migrating some of my old archived files between RAIDs when I rediscovered the Ask Doctor Wiley comics I hung on to from... however-many years ago.

It filled me with a warm nostalgia, and I thought to myself "I wonder whatever happened to The MMM"

Lo and behold it's still here, though it looks as though Rez and Speedy are pretty much the last men standing. (Makes sense that it'd be a couple MMM OGs)

I don't know that I have anything worthwhile to contribute to what remains of this place, but I want you guys to know that I miss you all and the community we shared here.

I hope you are all happy and well, wherever life has taken you.

No more pencils, No more books
I built a city out' one brick, it had a Mayor and a Crook
I made the Crook stab the Mayor, then slay himself in the guilt
I stole the brick back and migrated east, now let's build.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #6183 on: 9 March 2021, 06:16:18 »

Yo Edge!  Good to see you!  Several folks still pop in once in a great while.  Abe just updated the board version/code a few months back, which is why it's not skinned.  Hopefully he gets a chance to do that soon.

I'm still just as bitter as always (even more so!) as you can probably tell from my posts.  Hop on over to Discord, I'm usually on (since AIM was nuked).  I'll DM you my ID.

I actually reread Ask Dr. Wily not that long ago myself.  It's a timeless classic that should be revisited every so often.  Truly the pinnacle of the 2nd age of the Matrix.  Though Professor Hazard had me beat every which way on the comics.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #6184 on: 15 March 2021, 22:39:14 »

Hey Edge! Awesome to see you! Hope you're doing well.

Update on my consoles - I took them over to Complete In Box (an independent video game/comic book store in the Lancaster, PA area) and they were kind enough to test out all three, and all three work without issue! So hooray for that!

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #6185 on: 17 March 2021, 21:23:38 »

That's good to hear at least!

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #6186 on: 3 July 2021, 17:56:59 »

I had to put one of my cats to sleep.  He was 16 years old.  Press F to pay respects.  Max, I will see you on the other side one day.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #6187 on: 4 July 2021, 00:20:50 »

Sorry to hear that Xero.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #6188 on: 4 July 2021, 02:41:40 »

Sorry, Xero.

Your cat's life was made better by living with you.

I hope this doesn't stop you from getting another cat. There are too many sad and lonely cats out there.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #6189 on: 4 July 2021, 13:37:27 »

I have 2 other cats but once they pass I think I'm done with pets, they still have some years to go. 

Max was actually my other brother's cat but he gave him to us along with another cat as his wife was going to have a baby.  He was very affectionate and always followed me around.  Each of the cats had a favorite human.  Nemo (an orange cat) gravitated towards my dad, Jasmine gravitated towards my Mom and Max gravitated towards me. 
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #6190 on: 4 July 2021, 14:36:29 »

F

Sorry to hear that, Xero.

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #6191 on: 4 July 2021, 15:18:26 »

I'm so sorry. Losing a pet is hard. I still feel the loss of my little budgie friend and that was over two years ago. I still bring flowers to the spot he's buried.

He was such a good bird, though. He'd follow me everywhere and would fly to you upon request.
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #6192 on: 7 November 2021, 14:41:08 »

Yo, so ##### State Farm with all of that water damage stuff from last year. I kept submitting the documentation/photos they wanted, and they kept coming back with a new "oh well now we need xyz" every two weeks and then in a email saying that all paperwork had to be done by a certain date (which had then passed).

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #6193 on: 10 November 2021, 02:11:04 »

What?  They can't possibly get out of having to pay a claim by just asking for more and more stuff until the date runs out.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #6194 on: 4 December 2021, 01:06:14 »

Anxious tonight. Running a half marathon tomorrow in a town 2.5 hours away. Check in ends at 9:15 and the race starts at 10. Forecast? 10 degrees, 0 with wind chill.

If you never hear from me again, I got 'Jack-Nicholson-at-the-end-of-the-Shining'-ed.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #6195 on: 4 December 2021, 03:43:15 »

We're not building a statue of you instead of Mega Man.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #6196 on: 5 December 2021, 15:32:49 »

I did survive, believe it or not. It was torture.

View was nice, though.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #6197 on: 5 December 2021, 19:27:35 »

Well, that settles the statue problem.

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #6198 on: 5 December 2021, 20:30:40 »

Getting winded just thinking about running. There must be a hole in my heart or something.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #6199 on: 8 December 2021, 23:16:13 »

Well, that settles the statue problem.

Right, it's still gonna be Novaman with his undies on his 'thingy', right?

Snare, I get winded thinking about running. The trick is to just listen to books and podcasts. No brain thinky no lungs hurty.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 » Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : The "How Was Your Day?" Thread
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string