MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
28 April 2024, 16:49:58
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : The "How Was Your Day?" Thread
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 » Print
Author Topic: The "How Was Your Day?" Thread  (Read 1531512 times)
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #3150 on: 19 November 2008, 22:10:22 »

I'm angry enough that you reminded me who Soulja Boy is.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #3151 on: 19 November 2008, 22:20:26 »

I FEEL THAT THIS DID NOT GET ENOUGH ATTENTION ALSO SOULJA BOY IS STUPID YEAH

Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun.

Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-two million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea.

This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

And so the problem remained; lots of the people were mean, and most of them were miserable, even the ones with digital watches.

One man, entirely miserable and equally disinterested in digital watches, sat at his desk typing a literary anaylsis regarding a wholly remarkable book (which, by a staggering coincidence, was where the first four paragraphs of this post were ripped from.)

As he typed an increasingly boring literary analysis for an increasingly boring Thoughts and Writing class on an increasingly boring Wednesday morning (which, mind you, had been having a boring day of his own and deserves to sympathized with), he found himself running out of readily available knowledge on the subject, with about two more double-spaced pages to go.

He unwittingly head over to Wikipedia and cautiously scanned the appropriate article. It struck him how almost but not entirely unlike the real Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy this website was.

As he scrolled dow---- WHAT.

WHAT.

......WHAT.

Apparently a sixth Hitchhiker's Guide book is being written. By Eoin Colfer, who wrote the Artemis Fowl books (which I admittedly enjoyed quite thoroughly but does not mean I am letting him off the hook for this blasphemy.)

It is called "And Another Thing..." and scheduled for an October 2009 release... and I am going to have to read it but holy hell am I angry that this is happening.

I don't even know what to think.

Who said this was okay?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_7619000/7619708.stm

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #3152 on: 20 November 2008, 01:37:32 »

I'm not a hitchhikers fan, but you should definitely make that a Facebook note.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #3153 on: 20 November 2008, 01:42:48 »

Edge, or someone, mentioned that in the thread in which we kept doing our dialogue with the titles of Douglas Adams' books.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #3154 on: 20 November 2008, 01:45:19 »

I didn't read that. I clearly would have remembered reading that. I did not read that. I am so startled.

I'm not a hitchhikers fan, but you should definitely make that a Facebook note.

I forgot to do that. I was going to do that.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #3155 on: 20 November 2008, 02:17:11 »

Yeah.

I'm very happy with myself right now. For a couple reasons. But one of them is that I scanned like 4-5 seperate drawings the other day (the first of which you've seen is my latest Mikero pic) and I'm actually just being withholding and not posting it all right away. Some of it needs to be coloured, but I'm happy to say I coloured and finished 2 full pieces in 2 days, which I never do.

Edit: Seven. Seven scans. A couple are just doodly stuff though.
« Last Edit: 20 November 2008, 02:33:32 by Mikero » Logged

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #3156 on: 20 November 2008, 04:18:55 »

Book sale was still on today, I browsed it again to see if there was anything I wanted.

BAM! Shining like a candle in the void, American Gods by Neil Gaiman.

Instant purchase.
saldite
Sniper Joe

« Reply #3157 on: 20 November 2008, 17:31:21 »

I'm in a fairly jolly mood today. It's snowing so damn hard outside that school got canceled and whatnot. That, in turn, creates for a day filled with chillin'.

Lots of chillin'.

Yep, today is going to be great.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #3158 on: 20 November 2008, 19:22:04 »

I'm in Maine.
and it hasn't snowed yet.
FRIGGIN MAINE.

It's also been below freezing for 5 days straight with 25MPH winds.
Lows of 10 degrees Fahrenheit. Without windchill.

Football practices have been SUCKY.

BUT MAINE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE SNOW YET!
« Last Edit: 20 November 2008, 19:33:08 by Johncarllos » Logged

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #3159 on: 20 November 2008, 19:27:53 »

Here, you can have Michigan's snow.

I hate snow.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #3160 on: 20 November 2008, 19:33:37 »

We start football practice as soon as it gets dark out.

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #3161 on: 20 November 2008, 19:41:15 »

I also hate snow.

I've never had too much snow before, maybe three feet at most, but I hate it with a burning (freezing, whatever) passion.

No snow in Vancouver yet, which is quite odd, but a relief.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #3162 on: 20 November 2008, 21:13:32 »

Been snowing a bit here but nothing that lasts.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #3163 on: 21 November 2008, 18:00:52 »

I have the ECAC Northeastern Bowl game to play in tomorrow.
It's expected to snow at least 3 inches during the game.
I have no long sleeve skin tight green shirts (NCAA rules).
My arms are gonna be freezing.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #3164 on: 23 November 2008, 02:34:03 »

This starts with this statement; I live in a city. I do not live in the country, not in farm land, and no where near anything like a zoo.

So yesterday, on my way to work, I was walking through the parking lot of a bunch of businesses. I walk through this place to my bus every day. Before I turned a corner I thought "Ah #####. I forgot my phone, and I'll be late if I go back. But I probably won't need it anyway, plans have already been made for tonight."

So I turned the corner and looking around thought "What is that? A big fake bird?" It was, to my soundless astonishment, NOT fake.

The wild turkey walked a few steps before eating something in the grass right outside the door of some printing company. I could not believe my eyes. In a rather overtly causous arc I walked by it on the opposite side of the car park, watching this foul fowl. It was just... there. As if everything was fine. Not another human in sight.

I kept on my course, though, lest I be mercilessly pecked. I've heard tell that wild turkeys, being turkeys, are complete dullards and that wild turkeys, being wild, will attack people out of no where. I don't know, but I was running late and had no phone to take a picture, so showing up late to work claiming turkey-attack wouldn't fly.

I have no idea how a turkey could possibly have been deposited there. And if you've not seen a wild turkey in person before, it's startlingly big. It'd take a good sized hug to get arms around that thing. I'm still slightly creeped out about it. At night I walked through there a couple times (going to and from the bus 'cause I went drinking downtown) and I didn't see it again. Or it didn't feel like fighting me.

I'm worried it lives in the overgrown vacant lot. Well, maybe not-so-vacant.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #3165 on: 23 November 2008, 02:52:17 »

That's like seeing deer in the suburbs of Michigan. Because it happens.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #3166 on: 23 November 2008, 03:03:50 »

A deer would've made more sense.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #3167 on: 23 November 2008, 03:16:09 »

Yeah, but you're always like "Really? Really? Go back to the woods."

There should've been one wild deer in 8 Mile. Because that ##### happens, man. That #####'s REAL.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #3168 on: 23 November 2008, 03:37:24 »

I'm not sure you've stepped foot south of 10 Mile!

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #3169 on: 23 November 2008, 03:40:11 »

I live right off of 14 Mile. That's where things get the realest!

Lunchebox
Super Robot

« Reply #3170 on: 23 November 2008, 05:48:25 »

So, I went apartment hunting in Boston, yesterday and today.

First place was alright, and I was all set to movie, pretty much.

My dad wired me some money for a deposit.

Unfortunately, my ATM/Debit card refuses to work for some odd reason.

So, I had to go to the bank, but by the time I got the money, it was too late.
Haha, yeah, definitely don't read Hitchhiker's Guide out of order. Especially since a lot of Mostly Harmless has to do with the whole Stravomula Beta thing that definitely made no sense to you.

BUT STILL. A SIXTH BOOK. WHAT.

Salmon of Doubt has the first 11 chapters, I think, of what was either going to be the sixth Hittchhiker's book, or the third Dirk Gently Book.

It featured Zaphod and Dirk, IIRC.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #3171 on: 23 November 2008, 06:28:00 »

Yep, read Salmon of Doubt. 11 chapters, yeah, originally going to be the third Dirk Gently, but Douglas said it had more a Hitchhiker's feel to it and was thinking of turning it into a sixth book. Dirk's in it, yeah, but no Zaphod. Dunno' where you got Zaphod from. But yeah, it was hell to read, because it was literally JUST the set-up of what was going to be an amazingly creative novel. Great stuff about the Schrodinger cat in there. And now we'll NEVER know where he was going with ANY of it.

But yeah. That doesn't mean I want someone else writing a sixth book just because it isn't there. That doesn't even make sense. Why did anyone even let this happen? The Hitchhiker's Guide series DID end. It had an ENDING. It wasn't like Adams died before finishing off a major cliffhanger. It was a nicely rounded-off ending, if a bit grim.

There is no need for anyone to write a sixth book.

I'd love to boycott it, but of course I'm going to read it. There's no way I won't be able to. But it's going to be really painful and I'm much more upset about this than I should be, but reeeeeeally.

Douglas Adams was a genius, and it's not at all possible that anyone else can live up to those books because they were so genuinely HIM. You can't just pass off the torch. You just can't.

And the thing is, Eoin Colfer is a GREAT author. I've read the first two Artemis Fowl books and they are actually really, really good. I read one of his other books, too, The Wish List or something. Decent. Didn't read the third Artemis Fowl. But my point is... I don't CARE how good he is. He's just not Douglas Adams, and he has no right writing a sixth Hitchhiker's book.

Lunchebox
Super Robot

« Reply #3172 on: 23 November 2008, 18:51:07 »

Yep, read Salmon of Doubt. 11 chapters, yeah, originally going to be the third Dirk Gently, but Douglas said it had more a Hitchhiker's feel to it and was thinking of turning it into a sixth book. Dirk's in it, yeah, but no Zaphod. Dunno' where you got Zaphod from. But yeah, it was hell to read, because it was literally JUST the set-up of what was going to be an amazingly creative novel. Great stuff about the Schrodinger cat in there. And now we'll NEVER know where he was going with ANY of it.

But yeah. That doesn't mean I want someone else writing a sixth book just because it isn't there. That doesn't even make sense. Why did anyone even let this happen? The Hitchhiker's Guide series DID end. It had an ENDING. It wasn't like Adams died before finishing off a major cliffhanger. It was a nicely rounded-off ending, if a bit grim.

There is no need for anyone to write a sixth book.

I'd love to boycott it, but of course I'm going to read it. There's no way I won't be able to. But it's going to be really painful and I'm much more upset about this than I should be, but reeeeeeally.

Douglas Adams was a genius, and it's not at all possible that anyone else can live up to those books because they were so genuinely HIM. You can't just pass off the torch. You just can't.

And the thing is, Eoin Colfer is a GREAT author. I've read the first two Artemis Fowl books and they are actually really, really good. I read one of his other books, too, The Wish List or something. Decent. Didn't read the third Artemis Fowl. But my point is... I don't CARE how good he is. He's just not Douglas Adams, and he has no right writing a sixth Hitchhiker's book.

Bleh, it's been about five years since I read Salmon of Doubt.

It was going to feature Zaphod in it eventually, or would have in a rewrite.

I don't remember, and don't have the book nearby to refresh my memory.

But what is this about someone else writing another Hittchhiker's book? I have not been paying too much attention.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #3173 on: 23 November 2008, 19:07:12 »

Yeah, it's what I'm angry about.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_7619000/7619708.stm

Apparently Douglas Adams' widow handpicked Eoin Colfer to write a sixth Hitchhiker's Guide book. Which I don't understand why this was even an issue, and why she was handpicking anyone to write it in the first place.

But yeah, with all this Hitchhiker's talk, plus me doing a literary analysis project on it for writing class, I've decided to start reading it again.

This is gonna' be... my eighth or ninth time. Can't remember. Every time is even better.

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #3174 on: 23 November 2008, 19:40:49 »

Yesterday was a crazy day for two reasons.

First: I took a break. First time I've had the opportunity for that luxury in a good two or three months. It was very refreshing.

Second: Manager slipped and fell square on her ass, I think I heard something about a fractured tailbone. It was not fun to watch. Ambulance had to be called, and by the looks of things the damage was not only to her tailbone.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #3175 on: 23 November 2008, 19:49:44 »

Ouch.

It's crazy because I fall and get tossed around and jump from super-high places and do so much stupid ##### but I've never so much as broken a bone.

But then there's things like people simply slipping and getting seriously hurt. It bothers me.

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #3176 on: 23 November 2008, 20:07:38 »

I'm not big on the stupid ##### thing but I know exactly what you mean, and of course that is the difference between being 18 and being 40.

Oh well.
Yubi Shines
Robot Master

« Reply #3177 on: 23 November 2008, 22:15:47 »

Hmm... IMO, Eoin Colfer is a decent author. Not outstanding, but decent.  The first two Artemis books were great, but I think it went downhill from there. Opal Deception was okay, but I just did not like the rest of the series. Supernaturalists was also not so good -- it was like an abridged version of Shade's Children. So I'm also not so enthusiastic about this idea.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #3178 on: 24 November 2008, 20:22:21 »

Am back. Was a dull week, actually. Doesn't seem I missed much here, actually.

See you in a week Costa. If you keep that avatar when you're back then like you smellish.

Funny, my friends call me that to differentiate between me and another Mike.

And yeah, it needs to be changed pretty badly.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #3179 on: 24 November 2008, 22:04:08 »

CHANGE IT NOW.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #3180 on: 24 November 2008, 22:58:54 »

Today was pretty unlucky.

First, my alarm failed to go off, so I rushed to get to class. I get there, and realize that... there ISN'T any class today because the teacher was having seperate conferences with us throughout the day. And then I remembered mine was a couple hours ago.

Plus three days ago.

Ha. Ugh.

Anyway, I get back and start playing Rock Band with some friends, and then the yellow button on my controller breaks. Greeeeeeat.

Not about to go buy a new one. Apparently it's working again, but it still stops every once in a while. Very annoying.

But anyway, right after that happened, I went to get on my laptop. I open it up and hear a huge crack.

The right hinge on the flappy part thing on my laptop broke. UGH.

I mean, the computer is fine, but now I can't really shut it lest I completely break it off its hinges.

Then some friends and I went to look for an apartment, but basically just had more problems.

A very off day, really.

Capped it off with a purchase of Tropic Thunder on DVD. The special edition. This movie deserves that.

Gonna' watch it with commentary later.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #3181 on: 24 November 2008, 23:35:04 »

See you in a week Costa. If you keep that avatar when you're back then like you smellish.

Funny, my friends call me that to differentiate between me and another Mike.

I know how that is. In some circles I'm "Collymore".

Which is cool.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #3182 on: 25 November 2008, 00:46:24 »

At military school, you didn't HAVE a first name. It was always "HEY, ROBBINS, GET OVER HERE!"

But I'm usually just called my first name.

My roommate's name is Alex, which is annoying for other people because they don't know how to say either of our names' plural. Because my name plural sound like "Alex" anyway.

And our room is usually a meet-up point, so it's always "Okay, we'll be at the Alexessxexes's's's room" because nobody can say it.

PLUS HIS REAL NAME IS ROBERT. HIS MIDDLE NAME IS ALEX. BUT HE GOES BY ALEX. I DON'T EVEN GET IT. I yell at him for those daily.

In the hood, I'm known as A-Robb, gangsta' extraordinaire.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #3183 on: 25 November 2008, 05:19:20 »

You two should get married so he can be Robert Robbins and you can be Alec Alexbutreallyrobert Robbins.

Today I had soup. And then I ate the bowl!
(I didn't really do either, but I miss that commercial.)

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #3184 on: 25 November 2008, 05:22:39 »

"I'm glad our last name isn't Drew because then you'd be Nancy Drew and I'd be Andrew Drew." [/Weeds]

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #3185 on: 25 November 2008, 06:58:18 »

I drew a naked man today.

Then I did modded my Wii.

Overall, great day.

My drawing skills are starting to get better.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #3186 on: 26 November 2008, 05:36:29 »

I get back from college and my mom has a new (old) computer she got from some of her friends.

Except it doesn't work worth a crap.
They gave it away because they couldn't figure out what was wrong with it.

7 hours later, all the bull crap programs are gone, viruses are removed, it's been updated to XP service pack 3, had 2 gigs of updates installed, and I had to put new firmware on the wireless card, and reinstall all the drivers for it and ALL this other crap.

But now it only runs 3 programs on startup instead of FIF-#####ING-TEEN.

It's a 1GHZ processor, 512MB of RAM, and 20 gig hard drive HP laptop.

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #3187 on: 26 November 2008, 15:56:56 »

I would say keep the case and build a new computer with it, but obviously that's not going to work if it's a laptop.

Play Windows 98 games?
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #3188 on: 26 November 2008, 16:20:56 »

Back then they still had those old tricks where you could go into word and type "blue" in a blue font or something at a special size and then press some weird button combo and it would take you to some weird mars rover game.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #3189 on: 26 November 2008, 17:16:30 »

It actually works pretty swell right now.
Just a little slow.

It's really for my sister and she's just going to type papers and surf the internet with it.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #3190 on: 27 November 2008, 00:22:44 »

Hahaha, "swell".

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #3191 on: 27 November 2008, 00:28:39 »

Don't knock "swell."

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #3192 on: 27 November 2008, 00:50:38 »

Now I have to fix ANOTHER computer.

My sister's boyfriend's laptop is infected with a few viruses and I'm trying to remove them.

All this computer crap is gonna kill me.

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #3193 on: 27 November 2008, 01:13:52 »

My morning was going quite well until some idiot decided to give me a crash course in hood surfing. Fortunately there was no ill intent and I remain totally uninjured.

Rest of my day has been totally uneventful, though.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #3194 on: 27 November 2008, 16:00:25 »

crash course in hood surfing.

So much said in so little.

Posted on: November 26, 2008, 08:32:42 PM

WOW.

I go to turn on the TV to play Guitar Hero, and there is Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends float in the Macy's parade.

Well.
I watch it for about 3 seconds.
THEN.

THEN.
[size=8]THEN.[/size]

THAT song started.

Ugh.

AND THEN RICK ASTLEY HIMSELF COMES OUT TO SING IT.

tl;dr
I got rickrolled by the Macy's parade.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #3195 on: 27 November 2008, 16:01:18 »

I KNOW RIGHT? RIGHT AFTER THE NEW PIKACHU FLOAT.

I JUST GOT RICK ROLL'D.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #3196 on: 27 November 2008, 16:18:35 »

I have no idea what any of that means.

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #3197 on: 27 November 2008, 18:30:31 »

Huge parade on thanksgiving.
Broadcasted and everything.

Anyways, here we go.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozzVdswvXdc

dzx9
Sniper Joe

« Reply #3198 on: 27 November 2008, 18:38:36 »

It's been interesting to say the least.

I am.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #3199 on: 27 November 2008, 19:10:30 »

Hey.

Look.

That guy!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 » Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : The "How Was Your Day?" Thread
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string