MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
28 April 2024, 08:21:33
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : The "How Was Your Day?" Thread
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 » Print
Author Topic: The "How Was Your Day?" Thread  (Read 1531448 times)
AlexThePenguin
Super Robot

« Reply #1850 on: 24 July 2008, 04:12:22 »

xD

I was that annoying kid who corrected her mother's grammar. >_>

(Yes, I was always in the right as far as the correction goes.)

That's nice, dear.
XJ
Sniper Joe

« Reply #1851 on: 24 July 2008, 04:12:56 »

Well, he IS a big bird! And she wasn't using a proper sentence structure.

It was my training for MMM.

Ramen Noodles!
AlexThePenguin
Super Robot

« Reply #1852 on: 24 July 2008, 04:14:31 »

I'm sorry, but it amuses me that you started a sentence with "And" whilst discussing proper sentence structure.

>_>;

That's nice, dear.
XJ
Sniper Joe

« Reply #1853 on: 24 July 2008, 04:16:27 »

Thus what I was going for.

Definitely.

No lie.

::)

Ramen Noodles!
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #1854 on: 24 July 2008, 04:17:43 »

I'm now told Sesame Street is bad for you, like it's bad for your concentration or something to that effect.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1855 on: 24 July 2008, 04:19:24 »

On MMM, I type the way I speak. So I start sentences with "so" and "and" and "but." And I put commas in places where I would, well, pause... and ellipsiseses or however you #####ing spell the plural of that are placed in areas where I would pause longer.

And I use the words "like" and "eh" and "ugh" and "hehe" and "haha" where I would admittedly actually say that.

XJ
Sniper Joe

« Reply #1856 on: 24 July 2008, 04:21:31 »

Yeah, I type like that too. I don't talk with single letters like "u" or "c" or "I."

And apparently, everything on TV is bad.

Except for the Catholic Channel. And I know what you're thinking now.

"Holy #####!"

Ramen Noodles!
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #1857 on: 24 July 2008, 04:25:01 »

I usually say one of the following replies when someone says some research bullcrap.

"I heard there's some research saying that Diet Coke causes cancer."

Response 1) "This just in: YOU'RE GOING TO DIE ANYWAY."

Response 2) "Studies show that you can actually get cancer from breathing. I swear to God."

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1858 on: 24 July 2008, 04:29:56 »

I have a habit of overusing the "80% of all statistics are made up on the spot" line to counter "research bullcrap."

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1859 on: 24 July 2008, 04:34:42 »

On MMM, I type the way I speak. So I start sentences with "so" and "and" and "but." And I put commas in places where I would, well, pause... and ellipsiseses or however you #####ing spell the plural of that are placed in areas where I would pause longer.

And I use the words "like" and "eh" and "ugh" and "hehe" and "haha" where I would admittedly actually say that.

Same.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #1860 on: 24 July 2008, 05:43:37 »

Mm-hmm I do the same. I also talk with certain friends like you would on the internet if you were a complete #####ing fooooool.

kinda liek dis n i evun sometiems sez lol

LOL BANDWAGON
XJ
Sniper Joe

« Reply #1861 on: 24 July 2008, 14:37:32 »

So I woke up at eight as per usual, and I watch the weather channel to see that it'll be rainy all week. Including Saturday, which is my singing gig.

And my mom got me the Sausage Biscuit, not my preferred Sausage McGriddle.  It's not gonna be a good day.

Ramen Noodles!
AlexThePenguin
Super Robot

« Reply #1862 on: 24 July 2008, 18:08:49 »

Your mother buying you breakfast makes it a bad day?

I wish I had the money to eat out. D:

That's nice, dear.
Yubi Shines
Robot Master

« Reply #1863 on: 24 July 2008, 18:16:06 »

Just got news that my paternal grandfather is dead. He was cremated yesterday.

Um.

Not sad, exactly, not even shellshocked. Any sadness there is is for my aunts and uncles and grandmother who are over there dealing with it, while I'm thousands of miles away. The monk who performed the funeral service wanted it to be a joyful farewell to match the life he had, and I'm glad about that.

Not fishing for sympathy here or anything, but the news is just sort of sitting on my mind right now.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #1864 on: 24 July 2008, 21:04:15 »

Huh, sorry for your loss, but it's really cool you feel that way.

LOL BANDWAGON
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1865 on: 25 July 2008, 02:12:06 »

Yeah at least you have a good attitude about it.

Your mother buying you breakfast makes it a bad day?

Well she didn't get the RIGHT sausage meal. GOD! I mean, #####. How #####ing ##### is his life? Why does everything bad happen to him?!

AlexThePenguin
Super Robot

« Reply #1866 on: 25 July 2008, 16:31:58 »

Why have we trained our customers to expect free things and/or special deals?

We have a special going on where any size soft drink is one dollar, and I constantly have people looking at the receipt and proceeding to bitch and moan because they got a meal, so their drink shows up as $1.83 instead of a dollar. This is, of course, despite the fact that with our meals, it's discounted to the point where, if you split the cost up, the drink is about a dollar. Most people are mollified once they learn this, but we still have people who demand to have the meal refunded and charged separately.

We also constantly have people asking if we have special deals on sandwiches daily, as well as asking if we have things like the Angus Burger (because it totally isn't new, therefore logically stating that we'd at least have a sign or something if we did have it) or turkey sandwiches or muffins.

I don't know what your Canadian McDonaldses sell, but bran muffins? Turkey sandwiches? Isn't that what they have delis and/or sandwich shops for?

There are also the people who only want one pie, and then insist that they won't pay more than 50 cents for it. Yes, it's stupid that two pies are three cents more expensive than one pie, but that's because the two pies are discounted. If you're that cheap, why are you eating out at all?

Going back to the signs business that I mentioned earlier: You'd seriously think the population of people who can read the menu board could also read

a) the prices,

b) the clear signs saying that we don't have espresso,

c) the "Order" and "Pickup" signs,

as well as at least have the logic to realize that no espresso means we don't HAVE lattés, much less free ones on Friday, and no, we can't substitute something completely different because you want a free drink.

_____

Jesus, I'm glad it's payday.

That's nice, dear.
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #1867 on: 25 July 2008, 16:56:40 »

Ouch. x_x

I don't know what your Canadian McDonaldses sell, but bran muffins? Turkey sandwiches? Isn't that what they have delis and/or sandwich shops for?

Yeah, we do have those kind of things up in Thunder Bay.

Lunchebox
Super Robot

« Reply #1868 on: 25 July 2008, 17:04:31 »

Why have we trained our customers to expect free things and/or special deals?

We have a special going on where any size soft drink is one dollar, and I constantly have people looking at the receipt and proceeding to bitch and moan because they got a meal, so their drink shows up as $1.83 instead of a dollar. This is, of course, despite the fact that with our meals, it's discounted to the point where, if you split the cost up, the drink is about a dollar. Most people are mollified once they learn this, but we still have people who demand to have the meal refunded and charged separately.

We also constantly have people asking if we have special deals on sandwiches daily, as well as asking if we have things like the Angus Burger (because it totally isn't new, therefore logically stating that we'd at least have a sign or something if we did have it) or turkey sandwiches or muffins.

There are also the people who only want one pie, and then insist that they won't pay more than 50 cents for it. Yes, it's stupid that two pies are three cents more expensive than one pie, but that's because the two pies are discounted. If you're that cheap, why are you eating out at all?

Going back to the signs business that I mentioned earlier: You'd seriously think the population of people who can read the menu board could also read

a) the prices,

b) the clear signs saying that we don't have espresso,

c) the "Order" and "Pickup" signs,

as well as at least have the logic to realize that no espresso means we don't HAVE lattés, much less free ones on Friday, and no, we can't substitute something completely different because you want a free drink.

_____

Jesus, I'm glad it's payday.

Do your customers call your shakes Frapps?

They keep asking for Frapps at mine.

I don't think they know what a frapp is.

And preaching to the choir on the pie thing.

"And I'll get one apple pie, that's 50 cents, right?".
AlexThePenguin
Super Robot

« Reply #1869 on: 25 July 2008, 17:19:45 »

No frapps, but then again, there are enough coffee shops around here to float a cruiseliner.

We get people asking if we have twist cones or strawberry or mango ice cream.

"No. We have vanilla soft-serve, or vanilla soft-serve dipped in chocolate."
"Is the chocolate dipped the same price?"
"No, it's 20 cents more."
"I don't want that, just give me three cookies."
"We only have oatmeal raisin, or it'll be about five minutes for chocolate chip."
"Just give me the coffee, then."

Ye gods.

« Last Edit: 25 July 2008, 17:32:23 by AlexThePenguin » Logged

That's nice, dear.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #1870 on: 25 July 2008, 17:25:54 »

I had a guy, who said he wanted a 99 cent drink. That's a 16 oz cup. That's it. He paid me $1.06 (including tax, of course), and I gave him his soda.

He started to bitch and moan saying that I'm a rip-off artist. He pointed to the sign on top that says "Upgrade your combo. 69 cents for a Medium. 99 cents for a Large."

I explained that was for a combo meal for Large fries and drink, but he still insisted that I was wrong and that he paid for a 40 oz.

The manager gave in and gave him a Large cup.

People are babies.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

AlexThePenguin
Super Robot

« Reply #1871 on: 25 July 2008, 17:27:14 »

Babies are smarter.

That's nice, dear.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1872 on: 25 July 2008, 18:03:59 »

Best response possible.

Yubi Shines
Robot Master

« Reply #1873 on: 25 July 2008, 18:52:24 »

Why do people screw with the people serving them food? Spitting in your drink is the least of what they can do to you.

Just finished reading The God Eaters by Jesse Hajicek online, and oh my god, you guys.

For an amateur novel featuring people born with super-speshul abilities and omgpersecuted for it and pretty-boy shounen-ai action, it's GOOD. The characters burn and leap off the page and grow.

The paperback's horribly pricey, but I really think I'll be ordering it.

EDIT: Speaking of ordering stuff online, DO WANT
« Last Edit: 25 July 2008, 21:45:18 by Yubi Shines » Logged

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1874 on: 26 July 2008, 01:37:45 »

There were many times working in fast food were I would have loved to punch someone out over the counter. And I quit before I even worked the cash (they dicked me over for working cash, but that's not why I left, just a part of a series of #####).

I don't know what your Canadian McDonaldses sell

The same as yours. ::)

But I guess they have bran muffins in Thunder Bay apparently. I don't know, I've never liked muffins much. I know they HAVE muffins at our McDonald's' (Two apostrophes or what? That always confuses me.) but I don't know about bran muffins. The only "bran" I like comes with raisins and is a wicked awesome cereal.

there are enough coffee shops around here to float a cruiseliner.

I have to say, I have absolutely no idea what that means...

Anyhoo...

Today at work (the Silver Snail, as it is Friday) I had to go to the bank as usual, but when I got there the teller couldn't do the deposit because my boss forgot to put the account number on the slips (there's slips for businesses, you probably already know that...) so I did the rest of the banking stuff and walked back, got my boss to fill it in, then had to walk ALL the way back to the bank to do the deposit.

But this time I had the girl teller that I usually get and we chat a bit every week so it was cool and she game me a free TD Canada Trust (That's Canada's TD, I think the U.S. has TD Banknorth, yea?) water bottle for coming there twice on such a hot humid day, and it is pretty sweet. I like it 'cause it's one of those aluminum/tin waterbottles, has a TD logo (which I like because the logo is green and TD is a sponsor of the Boston Celtics) and one of those tops that is basically just a loop so you can put it on your bag or whatever and the top screws into the bottle, whereas most waterbottles are the opposite (the cap having the "female" part instead). So that was nice of her. When I left the bank so I immediately dropped it, so it has a few dents and scratches already. But whatever, it's, er, punk now. And I'm sure to use the bottle everyday.

Also when I got in my boss gave me free stuff again. I got a T-Shirt of the new Mummy movie. Whatever. AND a Hellboy II belt which is wicked! The belt itself is just OK, I probably won't use it. It's brown. It says Hellboy II on it. Whatever. But the buckle, ooohh the buckle, is the B.P.R.D. buckle like they have in the movie! It's not plastic or anything either, but it still isn't real metal. But it's strong enough. It's great because I saw that buckle online and told my assistant manager it existed and we should sell them and wanted to get one myself if we ever got them in, but now I got it for free! It's sweet because the buckle says nothing on it, just the logo so if you don't know what it is then whatever but if you do know then you probably think it's a cool buckle.

I just have to remember not to wear it with my Hellboy II T-shirt. Because I don't want to be THAT guy, you know?

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1875 on: 26 July 2008, 02:30:27 »

But whatever, it's, er, punk now.

I say things like that whenever I ruin/scratch/dent my stuff. I usually say "ghetto" or "gangsta" though.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1876 on: 26 July 2008, 02:35:06 »

I got with punk, or metal if the damage is severe and #####ing wicked.

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #1877 on: 26 July 2008, 02:38:59 »

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO ASR THAT'S RACIST!!!

Yesterday at work a customer came back and told everyone working with me that I did an amazing job and was really kind and courteous.

Today I was told I sucked because I couldn't handle waves of people (Come on, managers, what are you doing? I NEEDED HELP! ;_; ). I can only do two orders at a time, cause yeah. But I have customers piling up in every direction "I'LL HAVE A POGO I NEED A LARGE POUTINE they cried!". Anyway, one lady starts pouting "Oh, I don't want anything anymore, actually I'll have a large poutine" and then she left cause she didn't want to wait for her fries to cook. What a bitch.

That and there's some serious workplace drama goin' on. Talk about hostile environments. I AM TRAPPED IN THE MIDDLE! THIS IS CALLED "TRIANGULATION"!

lol i h8 wurk, im guna win dah lotery 2moro

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1878 on: 26 July 2008, 02:44:20 »

Who eats a #####ing Pogo AND a poutine anyway? They're both good but... #####. They do NOT go together.

(Yes I realize they were probably ordering for two people. But it's fun to dream.)

Where do you work? I'd like a Pogo or poutine, and I want to make the choice when I get there and not now!

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #1879 on: 26 July 2008, 03:25:14 »

Cafeteria at Science North. EVER HEAR OF IT?

Anyway, I've rued the day my friend got me the job there (He wanted someone to talk to!). The building also has a wonderful room, called the Butterfly Gallery, I should be working there, taking care of caterpillars, tending the pupae and nurturing butterflies...!

I wanted to be the baron of the butterflies...Master of the moths! The legend of all things Lepidoptera! But no. It's all Pogos and Poutines for me. >:[
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #1880 on: 26 July 2008, 03:27:53 »

Thats like a super hero story in the making! Soon you'll have the ability to fly and shoot webs outta yer butt.

LOL BANDWAGON
saldite
Sniper Joe

« Reply #1881 on: 26 July 2008, 04:18:32 »

My day sucked.

The first computer my family ever purchased (which we got about three to four weeks ago) busted, and we currently lack the funds to repair it.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1882 on: 26 July 2008, 04:19:14 »

That's the best place to shoot webs outta', Wind!

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1883 on: 26 July 2008, 04:29:48 »

Cafeteria at Science North. EVER HEAR OF IT?

Is that in Sudbury? I haven't been. I had to google it (I hate using that as a term, but I keep doing it) because I thought you were talking about a place in Montreal.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1884 on: 26 July 2008, 04:32:49 »

I like the verb google!

It's so ridiculous.

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #1885 on: 26 July 2008, 21:17:14 »

Yesterday I discovered the payscale of my new job.

$8/hr plus my takings from the tip pool.

#####. I am sooooo screwed.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1886 on: 26 July 2008, 21:18:33 »

I don't know, it's not great but people make loads off tips.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1887 on: 26 July 2008, 21:19:26 »

4th of July weekend at an ice cream shop last summer gave me more than my week's pay in tips.

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #1888 on: 26 July 2008, 21:22:56 »

I don't know, it's not great but people make loads off tips.

It was not quite enough to bump me up to $9 on average for the week.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1889 on: 26 July 2008, 21:23:50 »

What are the hours like?

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #1890 on: 26 July 2008, 21:26:30 »

Varies, but I haven't had more than 20 in any given week so far.

#####, it's too late to get a second job too because I would have to quit it in four weeks anyway.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1891 on: 26 July 2008, 21:45:58 »

You can just say you're going to stay and then quit. People do it all the time when they have to.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1892 on: 26 July 2008, 21:48:42 »

It's not like they're going to not let you quit.

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #1893 on: 26 July 2008, 22:07:20 »

True.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1894 on: 27 July 2008, 03:09:29 »

So, basically I'm just up North at my condo with my family this weekend and I'm doing so much nothing it's not even funny. I had to cancel tons of plans with my friends including a grad party I wanted to go to, but whatever, I'm over it now.
It's not that it's boring up here, it's just that they dragged me up without warning and I had tons of stuff to do at home.

Today I mainly just played videogames. And yesterday, too. I haven't had days like this in a while.

And I've been watching Spaced with commentary. Simon Pegg wins about a million more bonus points for listing off his favorite TV shows of all time, and he had Arrested Development and Curb Your Enthusiasm among other of my favorites on there. This man DOES have taste.
I'd really really love to see some of his old stand-up, but I can't find anything anywhere.
Also, his American accent is hilarious. "OH SIMON I BET YOU'RE A HUGE FAN OF MONTY PYTHON! No, it's just the last thing British you remember."

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1895 on: 27 July 2008, 07:08:04 »

I found myself very restless today. Woke up earlier than I do on weekends. Was storming all day, and my mom took the car to Montreal for the weekend.

I tried to read a bit but it didn't work out, so I drew for Mittens and Crumplehorn and put on the DVD commentary for Knocked Up, and then the commentary for Superbad after that.

Surprisingly Collin and Sonia asked if they could come over, which is rare since I live the farthest from Collin than anyone and he complains if I want to do anything here. So they came over and I also invited Robbie, who was bored at his house, to come over. Robbie lives close but only got here at the same time as Sonia. Anyway we watched the end of the Superbad commentary and then they wanted to watch another funny commentary so we watched the The 40 Year-Old Virgin one, which is very friggin' long.

Then we played a bunch of Soul Calibur 3, and they went home.

Now I'm restless again, so I'll probably just go read and then sleep while listening to a House rerun.

Not being at work feels very weird, being able to relax feels very weird. It's almost unsettling.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #1896 on: 27 July 2008, 07:26:45 »

I haven't played much of Soul Calibur 3. I should because It's my newest PS2 game, but I'd rather be on Brawl or Mario Kart.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1897 on: 27 July 2008, 07:53:52 »

Those are both pretty meh. But SC3 isn't as good as SC2, so whatever.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1898 on: 27 July 2008, 12:49:16 »

So yesterday at 1:30 AM I got back from a week of football.
Beat to crap the whole weak, bad headache and stuff.
I sprained my Ankle.
Only got 1/4 of playing time on the game because of it.
Triple sessions sucked.
So, I was able to get to sleep about 2AM, and had to get up at 6 to college orientation. Sucky day, they told me everything I'd known before, all I was enlightened on was what kind of stuff happens on campus (concerts, sex, booze, Disc Golf, and the like).

Now I'm gonna see my girlfriend for the first time in over a week.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1899 on: 27 July 2008, 15:49:04 »

Which Soul Calibur was the one with Link? That's the only one I've played. I liked it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 » Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : The "How Was Your Day?" Thread
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string