MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
28 April 2024, 01:15:53
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : The MOVIE Thread
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 » Print
Author Topic: The MOVIE Thread  (Read 856331 times)
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #350 on: 6 May 2008, 14:14:23 »

DAYUM that looks good.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #351 on: 6 May 2008, 14:23:25 »

Acid will do that to you.

LOL BANDWAGON
Xzeemo
Sniper Joe

« Reply #352 on: 6 May 2008, 16:05:52 »

I went and saw IronMan the other day. I thought it was really good. I walked in though knowing absolutely nothing about him though. I saw him make an appearance in Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3, but I didn't know any of his back story. I was pleasantly suprised with how good the movie really was. I half expected it to suck due to it being like the sixth superhero movie to come out, but it kicked some ass.

In the end we are naught but shadows and dust...
Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #353 on: 6 May 2008, 19:32:11 »

MANK!

That's quality.

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #354 on: 6 May 2008, 22:44:53 »

Iron Man is the best Marvel comic to film movie they've ever done.  I wasn't expecting it to suck, but frankly I was stunned by just how good it was.  And the casting was phenominal all the way.  If you've not seen it yet, be sure to stay through till after the credits.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #355 on: 6 May 2008, 22:47:44 »

I wasn't expecting it to suck, but frankly I was stunned by just how good it was.

Perfect way to describe my same thoughts. I never advocate movies like this, but I've been telling everyone specifically to go out and see it.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #356 on: 7 May 2008, 03:19:59 »

We were sitting in the theater, and my friend goes "...but Nick is white!"

In the regular (616) universe he is. In the Ultimate universe he's Black, and they a lot of the movie stuff from Ultimate universe. It would have been too hard to cast the 616 universe Nick Fury (he was played by Hasselhoff back in the old Captain America one, and that was no good) so they went with the Ultimate Nick Fury which was an obvious casting choice.

Xzeemo
Sniper Joe

« Reply #357 on: 7 May 2008, 03:53:52 »

Man... all of you guys keep saying to stay after the credits. What did I miss? y.y I guess I should just go see it again.  :)

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #358 on: 7 May 2008, 05:04:07 »

You missed a commercial, pretty much.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #359 on: 7 May 2008, 06:01:15 »

We were sitting in the theater, and my friend goes "...but Nick is white!"

In the regular (616) universe he is. In the Ultimate universe he's Black, and they a lot of the movie stuff from Ultimate universe. It would have been too hard to cast the 616 universe Nick Fury (he was played by Hasselhoff back in the old Captain America one, and that was no good) so they went with the Ultimate Nick Fury which was an obvious casting choice.

Actually, Hasselhoff played Nick Fury in his own made-for-TV movie. Fury never appeared in any of the Captain America movies.

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #360 on: 9 May 2008, 20:59:39 »

I might see Speed Racer tomorrow.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #361 on: 10 May 2008, 02:05:11 »

YOU CAN DIE.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #362 on: 10 May 2008, 03:27:12 »

I cringed when I found out Matthew Fox was in it as Racer X.

NOT MY JACK

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #363 on: 11 May 2008, 15:24:43 »

I cringed when I found out Matthew Fox was in it as Racer X.

NOT MY JACK

He's actually great as Racer X.

I saw Speed Racer yesterday afternoon. It was fun, and it's obvious that the Wachowski brothers love the series - I'm sure that Tatsuo Yoshida would've been proud of this film. At the same time, I was left disappointed by it. Even though it's visually impressive, it's not a great film, yet not bad either. Probably the most impressive "meh" I've ever seen. Good luck to this film trying to break even; it sure as all hell won't in the USA.

Positives:
-Feels like a smarter, 2 hr. 15 min. version of the show.
-The acting is pretty good, although Matthew Fox was really the only one who stood out to me.
-The trippy visuals are awesome.
-The race scenes are pretty damn ridiculous and equally awesome.
-If you were planning to go see while on various illegal substances, you made a good choice.
-The movie is visually stunning.
-It's great seeing Peter Ferandez as a TV announcer (the original voice of Speed Racer, I recognized his voice immediately) and Richard Roundtree (the original Shaft) as a race car driver.

Negatives
-It feels like a 2 hr. 15 min. version of the show.
-It feels long for a 2 hr. 15 min. movie, as the pacing is somewhat crappy.
-The script isn't the greatest
-Too much time is spent building up a plot that feels like it should have ended 20 minutes earlier than it did.
-The PG rating ensures that you'll be seeing this with bratty 4 and 5 year-olds unless you go to a late showing.
-Not really a negative, but where's Connie Orr (the original voice of Trixie)?

Oh yeah, and for those of you who really like the show, there's a subplot introduced that may cause your brain to go bat-##### crazy. It's okay, really. Don't flip out...it resolves itself.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #364 on: 11 May 2008, 16:19:29 »

I flipped out when I found out Matthew Fox was playing Racer X. I was just dumbfounded. It does not seem like his sort of role at all... hehe.

I saw Forgetting Sarah Marshall last night. Very funny movie.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #365 on: 11 May 2008, 16:59:35 »

I was honestly surprised with his performance as I didn't think much of him in Vantage Point.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #366 on: 11 May 2008, 17:09:11 »

I was scared because I thought it would make me think LESS of him, and as an avid Lost fan, I didn't want to think of him as a ridiculous Speed Racer abomination.

So, this is good news.

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #367 on: 12 May 2008, 03:22:11 »

Saw Iron Man last night, and I agree with all the awesomeness spoken previously of the film. I'd have to consider it my second-favourite comic book movie of all time, right after Batman Begins and right before The Mask :S
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #368 on: 15 May 2008, 00:54:16 »

I saw the Harold and Kumar sequel last night. It was fun. Felt short. But I liked it.

Want to see Speed Racer soon.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #369 on: 17 May 2008, 07:49:43 »

I saw Speed Racer again tonight. It was a lot better the second time, probably because I didn't have any expectations that needed to be met and there were no little kids in the audience. Still not a great movie, but a lot of fun.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #370 on: 19 May 2008, 22:32:10 »

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AoNDp03udhg

Ogawd.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #371 on: 19 May 2008, 23:46:44 »

...George Lopez?

I almost barfed.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #372 on: 20 May 2008, 00:01:23 »

What do you expect with the cliche crap Disney comes up with now?

LOL BANDWAGON
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #373 on: 20 May 2008, 00:11:15 »

This is leaning more towards stupid than cliche.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #374 on: 20 May 2008, 03:23:48 »

I couldn't even finish watching that. And I'm by myself right now too.

I'm embarassed to watch it BY MYSELF. That's how bad it is.
Xzeemo
Sniper Joe

« Reply #375 on: 20 May 2008, 04:06:07 »

What The #### was that?

I think I'm bleeding out of my eyes.

O.O

That was more vile than HSM. WTF?

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #376 on: 20 May 2008, 04:28:54 »

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AoNDp03udhg

Ogawd.

Ogawd is right.

Xzeemo
Sniper Joe

« Reply #377 on: 20 May 2008, 04:34:39 »

Yes.

WTF???!!!?!?!? Sums it up nicely too.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #378 on: 20 May 2008, 12:02:43 »

I don't feel like living after watching that.

Xzeemo
Sniper Joe

« Reply #379 on: 20 May 2008, 15:40:29 »

I seriously want to go find the guy that made that. Terrible things will be done >.>

Rama Olendris
Sniper Joe

« Reply #380 on: 20 May 2008, 15:52:01 »

Uuuuuhhhg! I WAS right. Hollywood is completely out of ideas! That trailer made me honestly want to punch kittens.

Emit hcum oot evah uoy neht, siht dear nac uoy fi.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #381 on: 21 May 2008, 02:03:36 »

Kittens!? WHY!? CHIHUAHUAS!

Oooooooo CHIHUAHUAS!

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #382 on: 21 May 2008, 02:04:50 »

*hits Chaos in the back of the head with a pipe*
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #383 on: 21 May 2008, 02:31:28 »

I hate that the song is stuck in my head.
I might gouge out my memory.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #384 on: 21 May 2008, 02:34:31 »

Good thing I watched only 15 seconds of it. I can't remember anything other than those dogs. And George Lopez (lolwtf?)
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #385 on: 21 May 2008, 03:28:16 »

This movie has restored my faith in Disney.  ::)

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #386 on: 21 May 2008, 04:36:55 »

WHY GEORGE!? WHY!?
Jakey
Robot Master

« Reply #387 on: 25 May 2008, 21:45:06 »

Guys, don't go see Iron Man.  It's the worst #####ing movie ever.

Get this, the guy wasn't even made of iron. He was just a man in an iron suit. But get this, the suit wasn't even made of iron. It was like a technometalwhadjahoozit.  Total BS.  Iron can't even shoot lasers. I looked it up. I'll bet the flying was fake, too.

In conclusion. Iron Man sucks. Save your money for Jack Black's panda movie. At least you'll see some real action instead of a couple of pussies firing puss grenades at each other.

I give it a 5/5.

Posted on: May 21, 2008, 01:27:20 AM

Hey, and don't see Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skullzzz either.  I mean, old people, are OLD.  And plus Shia Lebouf. I'm surprised I typed that correctly. I'm surprised this movie wasn't MORE RIDICULOUS! I mean, Russians? Aliens? Am I spoiling the movie? Do I care?

Did I mention Harrison Ford is old as balls? I think I did not. So now I did.

In conclusion.  Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skallsz blows big wads of crazy. Kung Fu Panda is sure to be a karate CHOP at the box office, so you should see that instead.

I give it a 1up.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #388 on: 25 May 2008, 22:08:38 »

I don't want to even bother with the new Indie, but I'll get dragged to see it eventually.

All it means to me is that A) Hollywood is deep into the revival fad and Back to the Future 4 is probably on the way and B) they're going to stop making those delicious Limited Edition Indiana Jones Mint Crisp M&M's soon.

In other news, I bought Pulp Fiction on DVD today on a whim. Mainly because I remembered it being #####ing awesome the last time I saw it, and that was when I was 5-13 years old, somewhere in that range. I can't remember.
Watching it now, when I can actually understand and appreciate it for the wonderful film it is, I'm now safely adding it to my small list of Favorite Movies Ever Made along with the likes of Jurassic Park, Shaun of the Dead, and Back to the Future 2, an honor that the likely imminent Back to the Future 4 will not be sharing.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #389 on: 26 May 2008, 01:44:09 »

Back to the Future 4 wouldn't even make sense and anyone who knows those movies knows that.

Kind of like how they're making more Terminator movies that happen during the war with the machines even though that's incredibly stupid. But you know, whatever, the third movie ruined the entire point and message of the series anyway.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #390 on: 26 May 2008, 03:45:48 »

ASR, There is one part in that movie that i use a partial definition in my relationship with my girlfriend.
In Jackrabbit slims when they are sitting there quiet for a few seconds and "Don't you hate that? Those long awkward silences, but you know you've found someone special when you can just shut the ##### up for once."
Paraphrased of course.
Pulp Fiction is one of my favorites too.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #391 on: 26 May 2008, 04:03:04 »

Yeah, but I've heard that line before. From here:

For some reason, I love this lone comic strip by itself. And yeah, this is obviously from after Pulp Fiction was made, but I didn't remember the line from the first time I saw the movie, so yeah. Sinfest wins.

Pulp Fiction really is one of those "perfect" movies. I almost applauded whilst sitting there in my own living room alone.

Back to the Future 4 wouldn't even make sense and anyone who knows those movies knows that.

Trust me, that's not enough to keep it from ever happening.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #392 on: 26 May 2008, 04:30:26 »

I just shared that with my girlfriend.
She loves it.
Dude, ASR, you're the man.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #393 on: 26 May 2008, 06:09:04 »

Indiana Jones made me laugh. Like, the story itself was cool to me. Nothing overwhelmingly awesome, but good for an Indiana Jones. But like, all the main characters should've died probably well over ten times before the movie ended, and some of the stunts the characters pulled off could just NEVER have happened in real life. It was so ridiculously unbelievable that I found myself laughing at it. Still, it's nothing you wouldn't expect from an Indiana Jones film. I guess there's a nostalgia factor involved, but I enjoyed it, and I would so see it again.

[spoiler]He survived a nuke BY HIDING IN A FRIDGE. A #####ING NUKE. I LOL'D.[/spoiler]

Jakey
Robot Master

« Reply #394 on: 26 May 2008, 07:14:18 »

Yeah, that was like. Whoa.

I liked the part with the siafu ants. I liked that part because I remember watching this documentary about killer ants and the siafu was one of those killer ants they talked about, and then they were in Indiana Jones and I was like YO YO YO I KNOW YOU ANTS.

They aren't massive and huge like he says they are.

Lunchebox
Super Robot

« Reply #395 on: 28 May 2008, 17:20:56 »

I saw Iron Man a few weeks back, and being a fan of the comic, I have to say... I loved it.

It had everything I wanted out of an origin movie... Except one thing.

What it had:

1. Witty, drinking, playboy Tony Stark.
2. Perfect casting
3. A very true to the source, albeit more contemporary, telling of the origin.
4. Tony Stark coming off as eccentric and brilliant, rather than just a cold Genius.
5. Pretty awesome pseudo-technology
6. Cool looking suits
7. Rhodey and hinting at War Machine
8. Tony actually drinking
9. Decent looking fight Scenes

What it lacked:

1. Well, not really lacked, so much as the fight between Iron Man and Iron Monger could have been longer.

So really, Iron Man was AWESOME.

Surprisingly, I'm REALLY looking forward to the new Hulk movie.

Edward Norton is one of my favorite actors, and co-wrote the movie.

From what I've seen, he seems to understand Hulk better.

Tim Roth as the Abomination ALSO looks pretty cool.

And they made it clear that this movie is a reboot, which I am HAPPY about, since the 2003 movie SUCKED. (Absorbing Man is his father, WHAT?)

Also, creators have made it clear that the fight scene at the end of the movie, between Hulk and the Abomination, is twenty minutes long.

[spoiler]There will also be a cameo by Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.), in the vein of Sam Jackson as Nick Fury in the Iron Man movie. [/spoiler]

Also, there's another Captain America Easter Egg, like in Iron Man (The shield is in one of the background shots), an it's the Super Soldier serum (or so they say).

Then after that, it's Hellboy II: the Golden Army, which, at first, I was weary of, since the first one wasn't very good, but after reading the comic (that was basically the opening sequence of the movie), and seeing trailers and footage of it, I'm optimistic.

And The Dark Knight looks so good. Batman Begins was really great, and this one doesn't look disappointing, and though at first Joker's look had me suspicious, I think he can be great.

And that Two Face picture on the previous page didn't hurt.

EDIT:

And for those that haven't heard, the Captain America movie in 2011 will indeed be set in World War II, which is #####ing awesome.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #396 on: 28 May 2008, 18:24:24 »

I too am excited for the new Hulk Movie.
I love Edward Norton's acting.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #397 on: 28 May 2008, 21:22:50 »

I wish Jarvis had been a man instead of a computer system.

Problem with the new Hulk is that directors or producers or whoever are pushing/pushed for a Hulk Smash type movie and Norton is pushing/pushed for a whole emotional thing. The indecision makes me wary.

Lunchebox
Super Robot

« Reply #398 on: 29 May 2008, 14:02:17 »

I wish Jarvis had been a man instead of a computer system.

Really, I didn't mind Jarvis as an AI, since, on the whole, he wasn't as important to Iron Man as say... Alfred is to Batman.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #399 on: 29 May 2008, 21:57:06 »

Well I figure if they had made him a man it would have far too Batmanny of a movie especially with Dark Knight coming out later.

But Jarvis is so charming. I miss him. In the comics too.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 » Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : The MOVIE Thread
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string