MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
29 April 2024, 03:10:15
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : Upcomming Gammes Toppic
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 » Print
Author Topic: Upcomming Gammes Toppic  (Read 387343 times)
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #550 on: 17 October 2008, 18:18:05 »

I found a Bond game for Gamecube lying around my house this summer, along with some Harry Potter Quidditch World Cup game.

Apparently my brother got them, and I never knew about them.

The Bond game has the single greatest intro movie ever.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #551 on: 18 October 2008, 02:33:08 »

Agent Under Fire?

I really liked that one.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #552 on: 18 October 2008, 02:38:11 »

Now I can't even remember if that was it.

But it starts off with forcing you to play the tutorial every time you don't have a memory card or saved data on it, and there's a level where you have to drive a car chasing a train, and eventually boarding it from underneath on the railroad tracks.

It's a sweet game.

von Teelio
Sniper Joe

« Reply #553 on: 18 October 2008, 03:28:23 »

That would be Everything or Nothing.

Agent Under Fire was an ass kicker, but I let a friend borrow it for a bit, and he managed to scratch up the CD to the point to where it could only play the beginning movie. He still owes me another copy as of today.

Nightfire was almost just as good. The controls were too whack for me to actually enjoy it. Otherwise, it would have been amazing. The sniping level with the warehouses was too damn great.
« Last Edit: 18 October 2008, 03:35:28 by von Teelio » Logged

Macher; the Absolute

R.I.P. MMM... You are missed.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #554 on: 18 October 2008, 04:12:18 »

I saw a trailer for the new Bionic Commando game at Gamestop.

LOVE IT.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #555 on: 18 October 2008, 06:56:14 »

That would be Everything or Nothing.

Yep, yep, that's it! Love that game.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #556 on: 19 October 2008, 00:52:24 »

It was no Agent Under Fire.

Nightfire was... Meh. Just OK. And yeah, the controls weren't so hot. I remember it looked nice though. Especially driving stuff.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #557 on: 19 October 2008, 00:54:20 »

I heard it was very short.

I liked Agent Under Fire, but none of these new Bond games live up to GoldenEye. The good one, not the new one where Bond isn't even in the game.

von Teelio
Sniper Joe

« Reply #558 on: 19 October 2008, 00:56:22 »

The Good News

The Bad News: Nowhere near the gameplay that EoN was. Yes, ANOTHER first-person shooter.

Macher; the Absolute

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #559 on: 19 October 2008, 05:49:40 »

Bond games have an odd history.

GoldenEye started them all off with a fantastic bang, and then from there they ranged from total crap to unexpectedly awesome.

I've played ones that I can't stand and others that I loved to death, and I usually can't remember the names of them after the fact.

EDIT: Watched that Quantum of Solace gameplay video. It actually looks really good. I probably will never play it, but it still looks top quality. Cool that they're using the CoD4 engine, too.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #560 on: 19 October 2008, 06:22:34 »

Yeah, I'll be getting QoS for my shiny PS3 if the reviews turn up good. Haven't had a good Bond experience since Agent Under Fire.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #561 on: 19 October 2008, 07:21:42 »

Uhm. So... I saw a commercial for Saint's Row 2...

It looked better than GTAIV.

von Teelio
Sniper Joe

« Reply #562 on: 19 October 2008, 07:30:41 »

The first Saint's Row was sick enough to make me forget the GTA series ever existed.

Macher; the Absolute

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #563 on: 19 October 2008, 07:46:02 »

What does that even mean?

von Teelio
Sniper Joe

« Reply #564 on: 19 October 2008, 08:28:58 »

Don't worry about it sweetheart.

Macher; the Absolute

Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #565 on: 19 October 2008, 13:06:32 »

I'll be getting it when I have the moneys.

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #566 on: 20 October 2008, 15:57:16 »

http://www.dqix.jp/

DRAGON QUEST IX

YEEEEEEEEEEEAH.

From that trailer it sort of looks like they're keeping the style from VIII, but going back more to the roots of the series in terms of overworld and stuff. Regardless, if it's as awesome as VIII was, I'm getting it.

... come to think of it, I still need to finish VIII. Not far from the end, but still.

It's always a wonder to me why I like these games and hate FF. My main complaint about FF is the battle system being so boring, yet DQ's battle system is even less advanced (in every incarnation)... but it's also the same battle system every game, more or less. You always feel like you're playing DQ. I guess that if it isn't broken, you don't fix it.

I hope they keep the whole world map as huge and explorable as the last game, myself.
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #567 on: 21 October 2008, 16:44:35 »

Wow, Chron, you've always shown disinterest in Dragon Quest games before.

Regardless, DQIX will be awesome.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #568 on: 21 October 2008, 22:57:01 »

http://www.dqix.jp/

DRAGON QUEST IX

YEEEEEEEEEEEAH.

From that trailer it sort of looks like they're keeping the style from VIII, but going back more to the roots of the series in terms of overworld and stuff. Regardless, if it's as awesome as VIII was, I'm getting it.

... come to think of it, I still need to finish VIII. Not far from the end, but still.

It's always a wonder to me why I like these games and hate FF. My main complaint about FF is the battle system being so boring, yet DQ's battle system is even less advanced (in every incarnation)... but it's also the same battle system every game, more or less. You always feel like you're playing DQ. I guess that if it isn't broken, you don't fix it.

I hope they keep the whole world map as huge and explorable as the last game, myself.

Maybe you enjoy it's simplicity. It could be a bit more fun. I don't know because I've never played any of those Dairy Queen games.

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #569 on: 22 October 2008, 14:45:38 »

The soft serve is good, but the burgers are not edible.

Wow, Chron, you've always shown disinterest in Dragon Quest games before.

Regardless, DQIX will be awesome.

VIII I like, and some of the previous ones aren't all too bad.
I've never finished any of them, but I've also never felt like I hated any of them, either.

... Mikero's probably right. It's likely the simplicity I like.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #570 on: 23 October 2008, 03:14:01 »

Don't get the chicken finger basket thing more than once a month. My friend used to have it a lot and he noticed a dramatic increase in acne, he then promptly quit having that meal and it cleared up.

Anyway, I've heard tell that Breath Of Fire games got worse after they tried to make the system newer or something? I think it was BoF... I've not played that either so again I'm unsure. But it's probably that kind of thing with you and Dagron Quest.

Dr.
Sniper Joe

« Reply #571 on: 23 October 2008, 03:28:12 »

The Multiplayer in Saint's Row 2 is not as advanced as the GTA series, yet the single player game play is also very good.

I'd only get GTA 4 for the online play.

Dctr`
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #572 on: 23 October 2008, 15:22:47 »

Don't get the chicken finger basket thing more than once a month. My friend used to have it a lot and he noticed a dramatic increase in acne, he then promptly quit having that meal and it cleared up.

Anyway, I've heard tell that Breath Of Fire games got worse after they tried to make the system newer or something? I think it was BoF... I've not played that either so again I'm unsure. But it's probably that kind of thing with you and Dagron Quest.

Never got into BoF1, I love 2, 3 is great and 4 isn't too bad either.  5 is the X7 of BoF, and successfully killed the franchise.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #573 on: 23 October 2008, 15:41:26 »

I weep for the Breath of Fire franchise.

Also, BoF 1 was decent, but the story line wasn't quite as epic as 2 or 3.

No more pencils, No more books
I built a city out' one brick, it had a Mayor and a Crook
I made the Crook stab the Mayor, then slay himself in the guilt
I stole the brick back and migrated east, now let's build.
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #574 on: 25 October 2008, 01:22:53 »

IV is my favorite there, but then I love the whole Fou-Lou thing.
And the music is wonderful.

V is an atrocity to RPGs and the ideas contained within should never see the light of day again.
Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #575 on: 25 October 2008, 01:24:47 »

I haz Fallout 3.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #576 on: 25 October 2008, 04:02:29 »

OMG GUITAR HERO WORLD TOOOOUR!!!!!!

I want it, but I don't wanna shell out $50 right now, considering how little money I have in general.

I'm doing online surveys to win a $50 gift card to Gamestop.
Worth the time.

I opted against the full band kit, as the drums need their own Wii Remote to work wirelessly, and I can get any ol' USB mic for the vocals.

I'll miss the nice new guitar though......

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #577 on: 25 October 2008, 04:12:02 »

...but don't you need the drum set?

Well, anyway, is it out now?

And does is it interchangeable with Rock Band instruments at all?

Basically, I can't decide if I want to get Rock Band 2 or Guitar Hero World Tour.

I'm leaning more towards Rock Band 2 only because I already own all the instruments, but then again, they updated their drum set, too, so, well, #####.

At first I wasn't gonna' get either but now I really want one.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #578 on: 25 October 2008, 04:36:37 »

All rock band 1 and 2 instruments work with Guitar Hero World tour.

Pretty much, everything works with these new games now.

Also, it comes out in about 24 hours and 24 minutes.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #579 on: 25 October 2008, 04:40:31 »

Uh, doesn't Guitar Hero's drum set have an extra button or whatever (I heard that anyway)?

I don't care for either one though, I'm fine with GHII. Now, if someone were to give the game to me I'd be cool with that. And that might happen.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #580 on: 25 October 2008, 04:43:51 »

In Guitar Hero World Tour, if you connect the Rock Band drums, the note chart will change as it will KNOW that there are only 4 pads and a Bass pedal.

It a really neato feature.

ALSO, you can connect Midi drum sets to the GH:WT drums and use that instead, if you wish.
Pretty neat stuff.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #581 on: 25 October 2008, 04:51:50 »

I think what I'll end up doing is comparing songlists.

I heard the other day that Rock Band 2 has Linkin Park on it. That is interesting to me, since I never really thought of them ever being included in these games. I'm too lazy to check, but any confirmation on that? I figure it's probably like "In The End" or something new from Minutes to Midnight like "What I've Done."

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #582 on: 28 October 2008, 22:54:46 »

I haz Fallout 3.

Is it as good as it looks? It looks really cool. I haven't played the first two or anything but I just saw a bit about it on TV. I've been thinking about getting a 360, this would be something I'd want to try.

von Teelio
Sniper Joe

« Reply #583 on: 29 October 2008, 01:45:25 »

Resistance 2 looks #####in spectacular. But godammit, you stupid piece of ass##### PS3...

Macher; the Absolute

MOX
Robot Master

« Reply #584 on: 29 October 2008, 02:54:58 »

I'm currently playing the beta for Resistance 2, once it closes on the 30th I'll be sad because I'm only saving up enough money for Little Big Planet =(. The 8 player Co-Op is my favorite part of the beta, fighting thousands of monsters.

I was impressed by Fallout 3 from the E3 trailer but I haven't played the past games. I'd want to play it as an RPG though it looks too easy if you can just automatically select the head when attacking, then again I'm not exactly sure how the RPG elements work in the game.
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #585 on: 29 October 2008, 03:04:17 »

Select head, chance to miss, generates a chance to hit other body parts near the head or air. That's how it works from what I understand of it.
MOX
Robot Master

« Reply #586 on: 29 October 2008, 03:05:58 »

Oh, that clarifies things more for me.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #587 on: 29 October 2008, 03:33:45 »

But I'm sure constantly aiming for the head and killing would make your character turn into a bad guy. Which is naturally what 99% of players will do, but I'd opt for disabling weapons or enemy locomotion instead.

Yes, it's one of those new games where you can "do anything and go anywhere" but probably really can't and also one of those new games where "every choice you make effects everything" but there's probably only a small amount of end results. But that kind of stuff is very interesting to me.

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #588 on: 29 October 2008, 03:41:03 »

Just like Oblivion.
And from what I remember it's the same guys.

I'd still like to work for them though.
Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #589 on: 29 October 2008, 22:58:53 »

From what I've played so far of Fallout 3, I like it. If you're a fan of the last two Elder Scrolls games, then this should be right up your alley.

Yes, you can go almost anywhere you want within the first 45 minutes of the game. The enemies are scaled to you, but there's a good bit of range to that scale, so there are certain areas that if you wander into, be prepared to get decimated. It's almost suffocating in it's size.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #590 on: 30 October 2008, 03:09:03 »

Nice.

Chron, let's get this and go around looking at rocks!

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #591 on: 30 October 2008, 07:05:34 »

I find it humorous how the game is grey and bland, exactly what you would expect after a nuclear holocaust, and yet the dirty reality of it all seems trite, since it's the same visual color palette that most games of this generation have been using.

Not that Fallout wasn't grandfathered into the look, I just find it funny how it seems to have less impact than it probably should.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #592 on: 31 October 2008, 02:42:19 »

Is there lots of bloom too? New games love to jack the bloom.
(See: Twilight Princess)

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #593 on: 31 October 2008, 06:28:18 »

Yeah, the bloom is jacked from what I saw.

Quick story that's kind-of related to Fallout 3...

We all have experiences where the employees are just plain asses to us. And I have a story to tell, which happened today.

While some of my friends were at Wal-Mart doing their Halloween business, me and another guy went to EBGames because I needed to exchange some games for another friend and he (the guy with me) wanted to buy Fallout 3 and Far-Cry 2.

The employee asked if I had ID. I don't have ID on me, and he tells me I can't sell the games because I needed to be 18 (which I am) to do so.

So, as a last ditch effort, I showed him my birth certificate and he accepted it. He let me sell the games and I put it on a gift card.

Next, my friend went to buy his games. The worker didn't think he was 17 so he showed his Status Card to prove he's 17.

Now, a status card is, for the uneducated, a card showing that you're Native. It also has a mugshot of you with your birthday. And this is a Government issued piece of identification.

The guy, who is an Assistant Manager according to his name tag, did not accept the status card. And yet, he accepted my birth certificate which was not only laminated thus voiding it, and while it is Government issued, it doesn't have my mugshot on it. Just a bunch of text that I could have easily printed out myself.

In the end, I bought the games for him because there wasn't much else we could do (didn't want to go through the trouble of calling the manager and we were in a hurry anyway).

So yep. Another case of dumb EBGames/GameStop employees.
« Last Edit: 31 October 2008, 06:34:26 by Vinchenz Rock » Logged

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #594 on: 31 October 2008, 07:34:59 »

...so you weren't carrying your ID, but your birth certificate happened to be handy?

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #595 on: 31 October 2008, 13:09:49 »

That's all I use.....

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #596 on: 31 October 2008, 14:46:38 »

...so you weren't carrying your ID, but your birth certificate happened to be handy?

I don't have any other form of ID. I knew it wouldn't work much as ID because it doesn't my my mugshot on it. But I thought it would become handy someday.

That's all I use.....

WE ARE BROTHERBAND NOW.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #597 on: 31 October 2008, 14:47:15 »

Don't you get a school ID or something?

I literally can't go anywhere without my school ID because so many things on campus require it.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #598 on: 31 October 2008, 15:00:44 »

Don't you get a school ID or something?

I literally can't go anywhere without my school ID because so many things on campus require it.

Kind of, but it doesn't have my birthday on it. And I only need to use my ID when I buy food and when I want to open my room door.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #599 on: 31 October 2008, 15:05:31 »

I use my ID to get food.
That's about it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 » Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : Upcomming Gammes Toppic
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string