MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
28 April 2024, 22:42:57
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : Upcomming Gammes Toppic
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 » Print
Author Topic: Upcomming Gammes Toppic  (Read 387319 times)
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #800 on: 28 February 2009, 22:49:49 »

omfg

Capcom
Mega Man Starforce 3 Black Ace - June
Mega Man Starforce 3 Red Joker - June

yes!1!1!!1

i kno rite

Yu-Gi-Oh! ™ 5D's Wheelie Breakers - May 19
Yu-Gi-Oh!™ 5D's Stardust Accelerators World Championship 2009 - May 19

I knew the latter was going to happen, but I just hope this junk bombs. Really badly.

The Legendary Starfy - June 8

Is that Staffy? That star dude from Brawl?

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #801 on: 28 February 2009, 22:56:40 »

Yes, it is.

There have been five games in the series released in Japan, three on the GBA and two on the DS. This is the fifth one, so it doesn't seem like we're getting the other ones.

I heard the series is good, though.

Slugkid
Robot Master

« Reply #802 on: 1 March 2009, 04:24:23 »

This is the first Stafy game released out of Japan, right?
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #803 on: 1 March 2009, 04:25:51 »

Since I've never seen one, I'd say so.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #804 on: 1 March 2009, 13:45:44 »

They always looked fun.

I still want Crazy Taxi for Wii.

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #805 on: 2 March 2009, 22:21:34 »

That post looks great with your rolling avatar settling on your Mini.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #806 on: 2 March 2009, 22:22:51 »

And then I sat here for 30 seconds refreshing the page until I realized what I was doing.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #807 on: 23 March 2009, 19:19:57 »

New Punch-Out!! Trailer!

Fat Albe- I mean, Doc is back! So are the training sequences too!

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #808 on: 23 March 2009, 19:44:34 »

That's by far the best looking Wii game I've seen since Super Mario Galaxy.

I can't wait for this.
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #809 on: 23 March 2009, 19:48:08 »

Indeedlies. I'd love to get that.

LOL BANDWAGON
Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #810 on: 23 March 2009, 22:24:55 »

It does look a bit good.

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #811 on: 23 March 2009, 22:27:06 »

That looks pretty sweet.
I doubt I'll get it though, as I'm getting ready to trade my Wii for a 360.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #812 on: 23 March 2009, 22:30:10 »

I find that stupid, because if some super fantastical game comes out for a Wii, you're Wii-less. I'd just buy a 360 somehow, you can trade games, but systems are no no's.

LOL BANDWAGON
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #813 on: 23 March 2009, 22:37:55 »

Name 10 great Wii games.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #814 on: 23 March 2009, 22:59:29 »

1. Super Mario Galaxy
2. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
3. Legend of Ze-- Oh wait, that's really a GameCube game ported to the Wii!
4. Resident Evil 4 Wii Edi-- Whoops, that's also a port to the Wii!
5. ... Mega Man 9?
6. ...
7. #####
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #815 on: 23 March 2009, 23:03:55 »

You forgot Metroid Prime 3, but yeah, Wii sucks pretty bad right now.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #816 on: 23 March 2009, 23:05:27 »

No. You're missing my point.

I don't want to trade something big, I'd probably regret it. Even if the 360 is better here and there, the Wii has some qualities over the 360. But if you completely dislike it then go nuts.

LOL BANDWAGON
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #817 on: 23 March 2009, 23:10:13 »

Yeah, that's why I said "Right now".

Nintendo is bound to announce a Zelda game sometime, maybe even later this year.
« Last Edit: 24 March 2009, 01:09:47 by Vinchenz Rock » Logged

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #818 on: 23 March 2009, 23:30:53 »

Well, No More Heroes is great.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #819 on: 24 March 2009, 00:47:06 »

I forgot No More Heroes.

That makes 7.
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #820 on: 24 March 2009, 01:09:24 »

Madworld is apparently really good.

Also, guys, don't forget that No More Heroes 2 has been announced.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #821 on: 24 March 2009, 01:21:23 »

Yeah, that's why I said "Right now".

Nintendo is bound to announce a Zelda game sometime, maybe even later this year.

I still haven't completed Twilight Princess.

No comment necessary, I just get bored for some reason time to time. It's still fun to replay.

As for a new Zelda, it's the same thing I want out of Twilight Princess. Preferably anything BUT Wind Waker.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #822 on: 24 March 2009, 01:26:09 »

As for a new Zelda, it's the same thing I want out of Twilight Princess. Preferably anything BUT Wind Waker.

Wind Waker was awesome and is better than Twilight Princess.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #823 on: 24 March 2009, 01:26:41 »

What? Are you CRAZY, Chaos? Wind Waker #####ing rocked. Arguably better than Ocarina of Time if I didn't have such a nostalgic connection to Ocarina. It's miles better than Twilight Princess.

I know a guy who says Madworld is awesome. Not my kind of game, but hey. I hated No More Heroes after a week with it (but I loved it for the first week.)

I haven't bought a new game since... Wario Land Shake It. And before that it was MegaMan 9, and before that, it was Brawl.

Oh, and Banjo Kazooie. I think that was the most recent purchase, actually. That kept me occupied for longer than any of those games except MM9.

Oh, and wait, I got Rock Band 2, whenever that came out. But that hardly counts. It's more of a party thing.

I haven't touched my DS in months.

I'm really fading out of video games, ha.

But yeah, even as a diehard Nintendo fan, I'll admit that 360 is the better system. The Wii's just not getting any big games, and that's odd to me. I don't know, it feels like they gave up on it.

Punch-Out looks cool but from what I can tell, it's basically just an updated version of the original.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #824 on: 24 March 2009, 01:44:24 »

I believe Developers give up on it because they think either:

A) They HAVE to use motion controls in their games.

B) The Wii has inferior graphics, therefore it isn't worth it.

... Although I have to say, I really wish Nintendo stepped up on the graphics a bit more for the Wii, because then we'd actually have stuff like RE5 on the Wii instead of crap like Dead Rising: ChopShoot Til You Get Annoyed to Death by Zombie Parrots.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #825 on: 24 March 2009, 01:47:06 »

What? Are you CRAZY, Chaos? Wind Waker #####ing rocked. Arguably better than Ocarina of Time if I didn't have such a nostalgic connection to Ocarina. It's miles better than Twilight Princess.

I've heard this crap many times before. Wind Waker just never appealed to me, and I especially don't like sailing the seas. Also, on an not-so-important note, I felt back-stabbed by Nintendo when I saw the graphics. I like a much darker tone when playing 3D Zelda. Call me weird.

In fact, I only like Phantom Hourglass just a little because it felt more like the old school Zelda.

But to answer your question directly:

Are you CRAZY?

Yes. This should be established.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #826 on: 24 March 2009, 02:32:25 »

OH ##### HERE WE GO

Wind Waker is beautiful. I love the graphics and the scenery and the art style. It's stylistically—musically and visually—the most unique in the series in my view. And I DO love the game. But no, it's NOT better than Twilight Princess. Twilight Princess kicked its ass. And it had nothing to do with the art style, it was just better.

Main issues:
- HURRDURRR I'M SAILING THE SEAS
I would get up and make a sandwich and eat it every time I had to go somewhere.

- TRIFORCE PIECES
REALLY cheap way to extend the game and make you explore everything.

Whereas Twilight Princess doesn't have any headache parts, for me. It's actually fun ALL THE WAY through. If nothing else, that's what makes it better for me.

Wind Waker was interesting, theoretically. Story-wise. Some of the new things in Wind Waker was groundwork for the good things in Twilight Princess. I liked learning different techniques based on the "parrying" movements from Wind Waker.

I don't want them to make the same thing as Twilight Princess. Well, they will, but to follow up on that particular Link's next adventure. I'm talking about their new duet of games, they shouldn't just go back on the style in Twilight Princess (they wouldn't copy it directly, anyway). That's how these games continue to be fun, they keep reinventing it. And I'd think we only got a Twilight Princess because of the way kids like—well, kids—received the art style in Wind Waker. Twilight P' was a direct contrast to that to please the other dudes. To contast THAT, I'd like to see a return of the magic bar. For example.

Before anyone says it, yeah. I admit I'm a Zelda fanboy. Makes me wonder how I ended up at a MegaMan site.

Anyway I don't care if they go back to a cartoony Zelda. I just don't want the oceans, but I'm not particularly worried they'll go back to that. If they even made a game supposedly referencing Wind Waker in its PAST, I'm sure most of the ocean water would have cleared up, I could deal with a much smaller number of much larger islands.

And Twilight Princess wasn't nearly as dark as people would like to think.
EDIT: They gave the ReDeads a freaking sword! Just to make them less scary.
« Last Edit: 24 March 2009, 02:38:06 by Majikn » Logged

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #827 on: 24 March 2009, 03:56:10 »

I'll admit the oceans were sometimes annoying but if you take those out, then you're missing a huge element of the crazily unique and engulfing atmosphere they created for that game.

Twilight Princess was constantly boring me and I haven't touched it since the second I beat it. I hated the wolf parts, too.

I personally think that Twilight Princess is the worst out of all the 3D Zeldas (Ocarina, Majora, and Wind Waker being the other three... not things like Phantom Hourglass.)

But yeah, I know, opinions are opinions. It's just that mine are generally better.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #828 on: 24 March 2009, 04:04:16 »

^And are right.

(in the case of Zelda)

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #829 on: 24 March 2009, 04:55:58 »

Well again, I don't think The Wind Waker was bad. It made up for the annoying parts I suppose. But Twilight Princess didn't have as much (if anything—feel free to argue that because I can't think of anything at the moment) to make up for. You didn't even have to play any of those dumb songs and then go into the stupid sequence every single time. You just had seven... SEVEN howling parts. Only seven. THANK YE GODS. And when you wanted to control a statue, you didn't whip out your ocarina, you just batted a glowing ball at it!

I forgot the "Song of Command" thing, too. Oh my #####. I can't say it enough. I enjoyed the game. But there was too much of this crap. I'm not in a game to exhaust my patience, I'm really in it to play the thing. I can't enjoy it when that's in the way. On the plus side, the negativity comes from all that crap being near the end of the game. It leaves you with a bitter taste.

But I'm not outright ignoring the rest of the game. I love the game for its style and its music. I preferred when the music was more prominent in dungeons like it was in Ocarina of Time, but this game has some great tracks. I didn't enjoy it so much for how the gameplay was made to integrate with the story. I appreciate a good story as much as anyone, but if I'm playing a game, I'd prefer if the gameplay took the priority in quality. That means serious changes would need to be made.

By the way, one or two of the bosses are a bit challenging when you have only three hearts and no bottles, in case you wanted to try it. I haven't tried this with Twilight Princess yet.

I'm not dignifying the opinion bit; if you choose not to argue further you may by all means do so, but if you feel like educating me why your opinion is better I'd much rather you do that than just say that it's better.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #830 on: 24 March 2009, 05:19:30 »

Hey, I thought the end where you went to Ganon's Tower was great, especially the fight with Ganondorf. And I actually enjoyed the sailing parts, more so than the parts with the wolf. The Triforce finding was the only real annoyance. That, and how easy the game was.

If anything, Twilight Princess felt bitter towards the end; it was dungeon after dungeon after dungeon after dungeon, with little exploration and character interaction. And all of it was easier than Wind Waker too! And when I found out that the final dungeon was Hyrule Castle, again, I just simply sighed.

Twilight Princess tried too hard, IMO, and it just started to get stale. Don't get me wrong, I still liked the game and it was a refreshing experience, but I haven't touched it once since the second I beat it, and the only time I'm going to play it again is the Wii version, for the Zeldafest I'm participating in right now.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #831 on: 24 March 2009, 05:52:56 »

Is the final dungeon usually Hyrule Castle? Even in Ocarina of Time, it was Ganon's Tower, wasn't it? I mean in this particular instance I expected it to be Hyrule Castle, but I don't recall if I played any of the other Zeldas where that's actually the final dungeon.

I find that both would be improved if both had the good elements of the other game. I just like one more than the other because one had less to improve.

Hehehe I couldn't possibly enjoy the sailing parts more than I enjoyed being a wolf, because being wolf was actually enjoyable for me. I was human whenever I could help it but it's not like it bothered me, whereas I didn't enjoy sailing period.

Wind Waker seemed to me like it was dungeon after dungeon after dungeon too, anyway. Bear in mind I've played them back to back, TP first, and I was trying to fly through both... no, I don't see much of a difference there. Both had their own between-dungeon parts, and then WW had more off-dungeon stuff because they overkilled it with all the piece-hunting, if I recall correctly. And I didn't really care much about any of the characters in The Wind Waker except the few important ones. Namely Ganon's change of character.

I wouldn't really talk about the difficulty level, because I don't think 3D Zelda's ever been difficult and difficulty is not what I expect from a Zelda game. It WOULD be pleasantly welcomed (at least an option to increase the difficulty—I think I'd eat that up) but I don't see it as necessary because I just do the "three heart challenge" afterwards. Man, I did that with Minish Cap. If I recall, that was pretty tough. But the non-3Ds/handhelds usually are. I'd like to try that with a tougher game like A Link to the Past or Link's Awakening, but it'd take me a bit of practice to get as good as I was, and then some because I wouldn't be able to do it even then.

EDIT: So I checked, and there's one other game where Hyrule Castle is the final dungeon, and I'll hide it for those who would prefer: [spoiler]The Minish Cap.[/spoiler]

I skipped the CDi and remakes and that weird satellite-Zelda-thing because in two cases I don't care and in the other cases I don't really think they count.
« Last Edit: 24 March 2009, 06:07:52 by Majikn » Logged

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #832 on: 24 March 2009, 06:21:42 »

There was Ganon's Tower that was where Hyrule once stood and Ganon's Pyramid where the location is the same in the Light world, but yeah, I didn't enjoy Hyrule Castle as the last dungeon.

Also, you can't do the 3-Heart challenge in ALttP. It's impossible because the dungeons don't end until you pick up the heart after you defeat the boss.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #833 on: 24 March 2009, 06:26:07 »

Oh, haha, I didn't even realize because I haven't tried it yet.

Well, it can still be hacked.

Ganon's pyramid can't really count as a dungeon, I think. His tower was up on the mountain and then you chase him over to the pyramid. And then his tower in Ocarina of Time was so not even a castle, so I can't agree that it was anything like the final dungeon in Twilight Princess.

Slugkid
Robot Master

« Reply #834 on: 24 March 2009, 13:39:54 »

My opinion doesn't count much, I only played Ocarina of time(100%'d) a bit of Majora's Mask, and a bit of Twilight princess, plus some not 3d games
But on Twilight princess I so totally hate being a wolf. Ok, they have to add something new to each game, and all, but...being a wolf? I just don't like it. On Zelda games I try out all there is to be tried out, even if there's nothing to be tried out. Like "Hey, can I get to that tree branch over there?""No-You can't jump long enough" Then I try jumping twice, then rolling and jumping, then going to the village, picking up a cucco, going through the screen and watch it dissapear, going back to where I wanted to jump, and try other 5 times or so, including bombing myself to see if I can be moved by the explosion.
But, I don't do that in wolf form, it's like all that was lost or something.
I also don't like whistling grass. Ocarina playing was MUCH better. If you give me the  game, I probably remember all the songs.(Not counting the Serenade of Water. I NEVER remember it.)
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #835 on: 24 March 2009, 13:54:29 »

Song of storms.

Such a fun song....

Slugkid
Robot Master

« Reply #836 on: 24 March 2009, 14:09:18 »

I loved it, so much. Too bad it doesn't let you play it as a kid until you learn it as an adult.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #837 on: 24 March 2009, 14:55:51 »

I need to replay Ocarina of Time over the summer. It's been at least 7 years since I've touched it, and I have that Gamecube collector's version (never played it.)

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #838 on: 24 March 2009, 18:06:14 »

End of the music game world.

http://www.djhero.com/

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #839 on: 24 March 2009, 22:01:17 »

1. Super Mario Galaxy
2. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
3. Legend of Ze-- Oh wait, that's really a GameCube game ported to the Wii!
4. Resident Evil 4 Wii Edi-- Whoops, that's also a port to the Wii!
5. ... Mega Man 9?
6. ...
7. #####

Brawl barely classifies as good, dude.

But "de Blob" is actually really awesome and I can't wait to get back to it.

If I had to say what Wii games I know are great;

1) Super Mario Galaxy. Yeah.
2) Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess. It's pretty different from GC in my opnion, and the Wii controls for it are a HNL (hole nutha level) so it's it's own thing and I loved it all.
3) de Blob. Seems weird, yes, and I'd never have tried it if it wasn't given to me but it is really #####ing fun.
4) Spider-Man Web Of Shadows. I love it, gotta finish it sometime. Might buy it, even.
5) Marvel Ultimate Alliance. With the right friends, hella addictive even it gets frustrating at parts and it's real fun. Can't wait to try the sequel.
6) MM9. That counts I think.

And then I guess Brawl and that's it, but I've really only played a few Wii games other than those at any length and they are Super Paper Mario, GH3, and RE4 so ech. I've tried a couple others I think, but I can't remember what.

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #840 on: 24 March 2009, 22:03:25 »

Oh, and the Wii has World of Goo, which is ten redeeming features to itself
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #841 on: 25 March 2009, 03:07:51 »

It's easy to name a lot more fun games for the 360.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #842 on: 25 March 2009, 03:16:10 »

I just counted the 360 games I own and realized how much I've stopped playing video games in recent years.

In order of purchase:
- Dead Rising
- Guitar Hero 3
- Rock Band
- The Orange Box
- Rock Band 2
- Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

That's it.

And here's for Wii, even crazier (in random order):
- Wii Sports
- Wii Play
- Metroid Prime 3
- Wario Ware Smooth Moves
- No More Heroes
- Super Mario Galaxy
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Although, in the case of the Wii, there's a ton of games I've bought used and sold back, including stuff like Rayman Raving Rabbids (actually a gift), Resident Evil 4, that Donkey Kong racing game.

And I have a TON of Gamecube games.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #843 on: 25 March 2009, 03:38:05 »

I don't have jack.

I think I'm actually getting tired of videogames in general.
Evolving more to computer games.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #844 on: 25 March 2009, 03:42:07 »

For me it's more surprising because I used to be extremely spoiled and had an obscene amount of games for SNES, N64, GBA, DS, and Gamecube back in the days.

You COULD attribute this drought to me suddenly having to pay for everything myself AND switching to the more expensive hobby of collecting DVD's, but really, I'm just not a gamer anymore.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #845 on: 25 March 2009, 03:45:54 »

Let me just twist this around a little into something I'd say...

I still have quite a bit, but nothing all too recent.

I think I'm actually getting tired of videogames in general.
Meh.

There ya go.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #846 on: 25 March 2009, 05:19:24 »

Eh, I'm not much of a console gamer anymore. But I love dem DS and PSP games.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #847 on: 25 March 2009, 22:21:07 »

SPEAKING OF ZELDA (was that this topic?):

http://www.destructoid.com/gdc-09-legend-of-zelda-spirit-tracks-revealed-update--126257.phtml

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #848 on: 25 March 2009, 22:45:00 »

That reminds me, I have to go finish Phantom Hourglass...

New game looks good.
Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #849 on: 25 March 2009, 22:53:43 »

...Why is there a train?
I'm going to assume that that isn't a direct sequel to Phantom Hourglass.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 » Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : Upcomming Gammes Toppic
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string