MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
28 April 2024, 20:02:02
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : Upcomming Gammes Toppic
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 » Print
Author Topic: Upcomming Gammes Toppic  (Read 387305 times)
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #250 on: 6 September 2008, 06:57:45 »

WELL YOU'RE WRONG.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #251 on: 6 September 2008, 07:20:18 »

My life is a meaningless ruin.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #252 on: 6 September 2008, 13:18:21 »

I never cared if it said Greatest Hits or Players Choice on my cases.

It makes you look like you jump on the bandwagon AFTER everyone else has determined that it's a good game.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #253 on: 6 September 2008, 16:01:43 »

So what? If people are going to judge you for wanting to play a game and it happens to have a certain label on it, ##### them.

And even if you do jump on the bandwagon and only buy games with a certain special label, whatever. Video games are for your personal enjoyment and most people are smart enough to recognize that, mauling tent aside. It's not like any intelligent person would look at your collection, see the labels on the video games and automatically assume you parade them around like a poseur, being all "Yeah, I'm a hardcore gamer. I'm good at videogames. Look at all the awesome Player's Choice games that I have." You know what I mean? No one's going to care enough to make that assumption, and if they do, they're probably stupid.

One guy was trying to call me out as a Nintendo fanboy once and I was like "He really wants to start this out of the blue? Honestly." And I just told him I'm not biased for or against Nintendo, and he didn't know what bias meant so that ended the conversation really quickly.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #254 on: 6 September 2008, 16:12:29 »

One of the many things that peeve me, and I know it peeves others.

So what? If people are going to judge you for wanting to play a game and it happens to have a certain label on it, ##### them.

*cough*MegaMan*cough*Yu-Gi-Oh!*cough*

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #255 on: 6 September 2008, 17:31:10 »

No one is talking about titles, CV. No one is even talking about judging someone for HAVING Player's Choice games. Most of us are just saying we don't like them because they aren't aesthetically pleasing at all. I doubt anyone gives two #####s if someone ELSE buys games with Player's Choice labels on them, they just don't but them for their own collections.

But, if YOU want to talk about judging based on what games you like to play, I could say some stuff about Yu-Gi-Oh if you really want me to.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #256 on: 6 September 2008, 18:40:27 »

It's stupid! And stuff!

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #257 on: 6 September 2008, 19:58:51 »

I'm guilty of judging people based on what games they play.

For example, if you think Halo is the greatest game ever and it's all you play, I assume you don't know what the ##### you're talking about, and I'll likely blame you for how completely bland games have become.

However, if you think Halo is the greatest game ever and you have a broad range of titles in your library, I'm more likely to take you seriously.

...though I'll still weep on the inside.

No more pencils, No more books
I built a city out' one brick, it had a Mayor and a Crook
I made the Crook stab the Mayor, then slay himself in the guilt
I stole the brick back and migrated east, now let's build.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #258 on: 6 September 2008, 23:19:58 »

For example, if you think Halo is the greatest game ever and it's all you play, I assume you don't know what the ##### you're talking about, and I'll likely blame you for how completely bland games have become.

Same.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #259 on: 7 September 2008, 01:27:42 »

That's a tiny bit unfortunate. I was actually going to add a part mentioning people who go around SAYING "Such and such game is the best game ever" because what I actually said in my post wasn't meant to apply to those people. Naturally if someone says "Halo was the best game ever" they probably don't know what they're talking about so feel free to call them out.

Mike, I was only responding to JC's post, basically saying why I thought that someone shouldn't be refusing to buy "Player's Choice" or whatever games for fear of how it makes you look. If I had a problem with you preferring the look of normal games over "specially" labelled games, I'd have said something regarding that, but I really don't, so I said nothing. Even though I don't feel the same way as you, but that's okay.

Edge: I'm sure there are problems regarding the quality of games these days, true. I don't just blame the average gamer—I blame things that shouldn't be mentioned here as well—but I see where you're coming from. What I mean is just if I want to PLAY a game, no matter what it is, I don't have to advocate it. Sometimes I find enjoyment out of things that are... okay. For example I liked playing FF7. I paid a small sum of money for it a long while back (naturally when I was much younger) and I recognize that it has flaws, but if I enjoy it, I enjoy it. I suppose you could call me selfish in a way for contributing to its success, but that's about the only judgement I can reasonably accept.

(I bought FF7 used so I don't think I actually made much of a contribution if any, but it's an example.)

If it's any consolation though I've been MUCH more selective about games I buy these days. I'd like to think my "taste" is improving.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #260 on: 7 September 2008, 03:17:48 »

Mike, I was only responding to JC's post, basically saying why I thought that someone shouldn't be refusing to buy "Player's Choice" or whatever games for fear of how it makes you look. If I had a problem with you preferring the look of normal games over "specially" labelled games, I'd have said something regarding that, but I really don't, so I said nothing. Even though I don't feel the same way as you, but that's okay.

Yeah, I was responding to ChaosVortex, though, not you.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #261 on: 7 September 2008, 03:46:09 »

Oh okay, I thought part of it was directed at me.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #262 on: 7 September 2008, 03:46:53 »

I don't recall me every mentioning anything about Player's choice.

When Majikn mentioned that, all it did was just make me remember all the junk people tell me about games like Mega Man, Yu-Gi-Oh!, and maybe Mario and other "child-themed" games. Stuff like "You should play Halo! Gears of War! Some other random bloody FPS."

You can diss Yu-Gi-Oh! if you want. I like the game, half-way like the anime. I'm a fan of it no doubt. I won't deny it, but just like how I don't like certain things about Mega Man, I don't like certain things in Yu-Gi-Oh!

If you want to bash something that's actually worthwhile to hear than just say "You play Yu-Gay-Ho!" and make some idiotic comment, then I assume you don't know what you're talking about. Otherwise, bash away. Chances are, I might just nod my head and agree.

And also, I'm guilty with Edge a tiny bit with Halo. I knew it was popular, so I tried it out. I hated it. I don't get why people like it. I just... don't. I can't comprehend it.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #263 on: 7 September 2008, 03:49:37 »

My point was only that I don't have respect for people who endorse mediocrity as anything OTHER than mediocrity.

I also blame the propaganda/hype monster that is Microsoft.

Granted, hype has always been a part of video games. Mario Bros. 3 had it's own movie to hype it. Difference being, back then, the games usually lived up to what they promised.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #264 on: 7 September 2008, 03:50:02 »

I enjoy the game Halo because it has tight controls.

I used to play with my buddy Joe all the time, that's how I got to like it.
Fun multiplayer.

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #265 on: 7 September 2008, 04:17:36 »

I got the PvP FPS thing out of my system playing Quake (and to a lesser extent, Goldeneye) when I was younger. Since then, it's been pure "meh"

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #266 on: 7 September 2008, 05:03:55 »

I enjoyed Goldeneye, haha.

Anyway I understand your point, I guess I was just self-analyzing and directing it at you for some reason.

The only FPS I've ever bought was Metroid Prime 3.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #267 on: 7 September 2008, 05:19:37 »

Goldeneye rules to this day.

Oh okay, I thought part of it was directed at me.
I don't recall me every mentioning anything about Player's choice.

When Majikn mentioned that, all it did was just make me remember all the junk people tell me about games like Mega Man, Yu-Gi-Oh!, and maybe Mario and other "child-themed" games. Stuff like "You should play Halo! Gears of War! Some other random bloody FPS."

You can diss Yu-Gi-Oh! if you want. I like the game, half-way like the anime. I'm a fan of it no doubt. I won't deny it, but just like how I don't like certain things about Mega Man, I don't like certain things in Yu-Gi-Oh!

If you want to bash something that's actually worthwhile to hear than just say "You play Yu-Gay-Ho!" and make some idiotic comment, then I assume you don't know what you're talking about. Otherwise, bash away. Chances are, I might just nod my head and agree.

And also, I'm guilty with Edge a tiny bit with Halo. I knew it was popular, so I tried it out. I hated it. I don't get why people like it. I just... don't. I can't comprehend it.

Right, I was just clarifying the actual focus of what we were discussing. I wasn't out to bash anyone or anything or any game such as Yu-Gi-Oh. The end bit of my post was just a little quip to round out what I was saying.

Yeesh.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #268 on: 7 September 2008, 05:21:47 »

I know, but you made made a sort of statement like I don't wanna hear anyone bashing what I like. I actually welcome it if it's intelligent. Naturally.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #269 on: 7 September 2008, 05:25:58 »

Goldeneye rules to this day.

Yes, and Perfect Dark.

The best FPS games ever.

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #270 on: 7 September 2008, 07:17:34 »

I disagree with you on that and cite Jedi Knight and Half-Life 2 as my examples, but yes, Perfect Dark does kick a fair amount of ass.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #271 on: 7 September 2008, 08:27:36 »

OKAY, SO YOU CLARIFIED. AND NOW IT'S GOOD. WE'RE GOOD. WE'RE ALL CALM AND CHILLING THE ##### OUT.

#####ING GOD. (kidding, but for the record I wasn't upset or anything before so it's all good)

I feel some strange need to play Jet Force Gemini. I hope they put it on VC.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #272 on: 7 September 2008, 22:57:45 »

Now I want to play that too.

But not for long. I really didn't get into it as madly as others, of course I didn't own it so there's that.

I never played Perfect Dark and never cared to.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #273 on: 7 September 2008, 23:14:08 »

Same as Mike. Like, that could've been my post.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #274 on: 7 September 2008, 23:45:19 »

ITS LIKE YOUR KINDRED SPIRITS

LOL BANDWAGON
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #275 on: 8 September 2008, 04:29:50 »

'It's like we finish each other's--'

"Sandwiches?"

'Sentences. Why would I say--'

"Sandwiches?"

'... That time I was going to say sandwiches.'

:-)

Ikeoko
Sniper Joe

« Reply #276 on: 12 September 2008, 13:52:58 »

I CAN'T WAIT FOR HARVEST MOON TO COME ON ON THE WII GAH!

But they keep setting back the release date and it's getting me mad. D:<

~ ♥ ~ ANNIE ~ ♥ ~

/l、
                    ゙(゚、 。 7            
                       l、゙ ~ヽ
                       じしf_, )ノ   kitteh!
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #277 on: 15 September 2008, 03:31:42 »

I find newer harvest moon games suckier and suckier and it's best on handheld. But I still might rent this one to try it.

Posted on: 13 September 2008, 15:36:31

All the animation I've seen of the new Star Wars game, "Force Unleashed" is the subbest par.

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #278 on: 15 September 2008, 14:30:02 »

That actually sums the game up well.

Massively disappointed in it.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #279 on: 15 September 2008, 14:47:01 »

Not that I would have bought it, since I have about a million other games I'd rather buy first, but what little I saw of that game actually looked pretty cool.

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #280 on: 15 September 2008, 16:02:51 »

As an old-school Jedi Knight fan I was disappointed from the very first time I saw any of it.

What happened to LucasArts to stop the flow of awesomeness anyway? Until five years ago or so they could do no wrong (Force Commander and Galactic Battlegrounds notwithstanding) and now I'm just not interested.
Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #281 on: 15 September 2008, 18:10:55 »

As an old-school Jedi Knight fan I was disappointed from the very first time I saw any of it.

What happened to LucasArts to stop the flow of awesomeness anyway? Until five years ago or so they could do no wrong (Force Commander and Galactic Battlegrounds notwithstanding) and now I'm just not interested.

Actually, if you take into account their entire history as a gaming company, their track record isn't nearly as good as you're making it sound.

And yeah SWtFU looked neat, but it gets really old, really quickly.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #282 on: 15 September 2008, 22:37:36 »

The movement just makes me not want to play it alone. Like in the commercial, the kid's eyes go totally weird when he looks up at Vader and really everything else just moves like rusty tin.

Not having played the game or seen the movie I'm about to mention, I have to put the animation in Force Unleashed on par with that Clone Wars movie which reportedly (and obviously, if you've seen the trailer) is animated like ##### with nothing having decent texture.

MOX
Robot Master

« Reply #283 on: 16 September 2008, 03:25:05 »

I downloaded the demo for SWtFU last week. Played it just for about 5 minutes, it's okay.

TBH the only Star Wars game I've played and owned in my life was Podracer on the N64.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #284 on: 16 September 2008, 03:45:09 »

It's beyond me how that game got so popular. All my friends had it.

MOX
Robot Master

« Reply #285 on: 16 September 2008, 05:06:24 »

It was the first game I got for the N64, dad got it for me as a bundle with the N64 as a gift.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #286 on: 16 September 2008, 05:19:13 »

Rogue Squadron (the first one, N64), now THAT was a game.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #287 on: 16 September 2008, 05:26:19 »

Rogue Squadron (the first one, N64), now THAT was a game.

Yes.

The Dragon Quest IV remake comes out today for the DS, for those who are interested (none of you, lol).

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #288 on: 16 September 2008, 05:26:49 »

If you played that and not X-Wing or TIE Fighter I feel sorry for you. I really do. Rogue Squadron was pretty good but either of those games could easily blow it out of the water.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #289 on: 17 September 2008, 02:47:51 »

I played them but never owned them. They were good and all too with that charming old polygonal new 3D of the early 90's and stuff but I couldn't get invested in them at all. Rogue Squadron was something else completely. It had the single best Death Star trench level I've ever played ever ever.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #290 on: 17 September 2008, 03:28:57 »

I don't play Star Wars games. They never really appealed to me.

Screw you George Lucas.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #291 on: 17 September 2008, 13:55:14 »

Phantasy Star Zero for DS looks PHANTASTY HA HA:

http://the-magicbox.com/0809/game080914c.shtml

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #292 on: 17 September 2008, 14:13:22 »

I like how you can draw what you want to say.

I just hope that its better than PSU...

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #293 on: 17 September 2008, 15:02:55 »

Like anybody takes time during a game to draw like that.

Someguy
Sniper Joe

« Reply #294 on: 18 September 2008, 02:00:38 »

Guitar Praise: Solid Rock

http://kotaku.com/5042779/guitar-praise-+-knocking-off-guitar-hero-for-jesus

This is gunna be way more awesome than Guitar Hero and Rock Band.

"A million years of evolution, we get Soulja Boy"
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #295 on: 18 September 2008, 02:10:31 »

lol

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #296 on: 18 September 2008, 02:22:21 »

I've haven't laughed this hard since I saw those CD-I games.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #297 on: 18 September 2008, 02:44:19 »

I wanna see the gameplay.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #298 on: 18 September 2008, 02:59:54 »

Hallelujah...

LOL BANDWAGON
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #299 on: 18 September 2008, 03:49:19 »

Quoting a comment on that page...

"Thou shalt not steal from thy neighbor..."

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 » Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : Upcomming Gammes Toppic
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string