MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
29 April 2024, 02:32:32
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : Upcomming Gammes Toppic
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 » Print
Author Topic: Upcomming Gammes Toppic  (Read 387338 times)
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #1500 on: 11 August 2010, 03:13:41 »

Cheesy looking, but I want this controller.
It has buttons.
Enough buttons.

---

Adding to this, it looks like I can't use my line about when MML 3 comes out any more.
Because Duke Nukem Forever is really coming out.  I was watching the playable demo at the PAX show floor on a live stream.

It's like the end of an era.
« Last Edit: 3 September 2010, 21:18:43 by Chron » Logged
TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #1501 on: 8 September 2010, 19:51:55 »

After more then a decade. XD.

Also, Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 IS A GO!!!

Tho not amny ppl here have interist for Gundam...

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #1502 on: 8 September 2010, 21:39:19 »

the idea of 'fps purists' demanding dual analog controls = LOL
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #1503 on: 8 September 2010, 22:03:13 »

New Ace Attorney Investigations game announced, starring Edgeworth again.
DeMatador
Noob

« Reply #1504 on: 10 September 2010, 01:15:35 »

New Ace Attorney Investigations game announced, starring Edgeworth again.

Hell YES. And apparently TGS-goers will be able to play a demo.

According to the Famitsu scans, I read, the game has been in development since September of last year.

Now all of you go check the unreadable official site.

SIGNATURE.
saldite
Sniper Joe

« Reply #1505 on: 17 September 2010, 01:58:04 »

I don't know how many of you here play this series, but the official Trailer for Yakuza Of The End from TGS is out.

As a fan of the series, I think it'd be worth checking out. Although, I doubt it'll end up hitting stateside.
TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #1506 on: 17 September 2010, 15:33:52 »

Didn't they say that on another one and yet it did?

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #1507 on: 28 September 2010, 18:32:19 »

Sonic 4 dates and prices revealed.

http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/112/1123849p1.html

The iTunes price will be posted sometime later in the future.

iTunes = October 7th, 2010 = ???
Wiiware = October 11th, 2010 = 1500 Wii Points
Playstation Network = October 12th/13th, 2010 = $14.99 Wii Points
Xbox Live Arcade = October 13th, 2010 = 1200 Microsoft Points

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #1508 on: 29 September 2010, 07:56:51 »

Some awesome 3DS teaser stuff:

3DS Video Line Up

And some screen shots.
« Last Edit: 29 September 2010, 20:28:39 by Vinchenz Rock » Logged

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #1509 on: 29 September 2010, 09:24:36 »

Man, the new Kid Icarus game absolutely reeks of Sin & Punishment from the screenshots. Which is not a bad thing, because I don't mind rail shooters at all.

Also, your links are horrifically broken. Like, beyond belief

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #1510 on: 29 September 2010, 17:01:36 »

Resident Evil game looks REALLY good, in terms of graphics so far anyway.

3DS is one hell of a system. Definitely a must have for me.
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #1511 on: 29 September 2010, 18:09:02 »

The thing is basically a multiprocessor powerhouse of graphical game content.
This has solidified the idea, in my mind at least, that multiprocessor algorithms work better for games than the single ones do.
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #1512 on: 29 September 2010, 20:29:16 »

Also, your links are horrifically broken. Like, beyond belief

Wow, you're right. Fix'd.

So, yeah. Nintendo 3DS is Video Game Device of the Year. All Years.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #1513 on: 19 October 2010, 19:05:25 »

OH #####

PROFESSOR LAYTON PHOENIX WRIGHT CROSS OVER GAME

More images here.
« Last Edit: 19 October 2010, 19:11:49 by NovaMan XP » Logged
Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #1514 on: 19 October 2010, 19:23:26 »

AAARGH!  I MIGHT DIE OF EXCITEMENT!

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #1515 on: 19 October 2010, 19:26:00 »

... I think it's safe to say that the 3DS is going to dominate.  Seriously, why the hell can't consoles be like this again?  They use to be.  The NES, the SNES and PS1.  Then it all went to #####.  But thank GOD for the DS.  It truly is the last bastion of gaming.

Also, I ##### my pants 3 times when I saw this news.  And 2 of them weren't because I was old.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1516 on: 19 October 2010, 19:34:13 »

I saw this earlier and I think I forgot how to stop smiling.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1517 on: 19 October 2010, 20:10:20 »

Well, I'm required to get a 3DS now.
It games like this are going to on it, what other great things will it hold?

It truly is the last bastion of gaming.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #1518 on: 20 October 2010, 04:15:17 »

Official site for the game.
« Last Edit: 20 October 2010, 04:23:21 by NovaMan XP » Logged
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1519 on: 22 October 2010, 04:38:36 »

Guys, I need money. Please donate to my cause. I'm going to buy as many copies of each Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton game I can find.

LET'S CONVINCE THESE GUYS TO RELEASE IN NORTH AMERICA

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #1520 on: 22 October 2010, 13:44:46 »

The art styles are in such conflict.  I mean this is a cool idea, and it's not that much of a visual disjoint.
But it is kind of funny looking.

I've never played either game series so this has me going "meh".

... anybody else notice that the 3DS has nothing but ports, sequels and remakes to look forward to?
I mean that's not a bad thing in my book, but you know, seems odd.

Golden Sun Dark Dawn.  Thankfully just DS.
Must have this thing.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #1521 on: 22 October 2010, 14:38:45 »

"nothing but"?  It has a fair number of original games too if I recall the list, though a good chunk of the most notable stuff are some of the remakes.  I don't think there were any ports per sey that weren't out and out remakes like Zelda or Star Fox.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1522 on: 22 October 2010, 22:34:37 »

Yeah but honestly, when I think of 3DS all I think about are the remakes, the Mario Kart sequel, the Kid Icarus sequel, the Paper Mario sequel...

Not that I mind that they're sequels, because they all interest me, but they're not "original" games either.

I wonder what they'll get by releasing MegaMan for DSiWare with pop-out sprites and foreground and pop-in scenery. I wouldn't be surprised.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #1523 on: 1 March 2011, 20:02:51 »

I played 5 3DS games at a Nintendo "seeing is believing" booth and was highly impressed.

SSFIV was exactly like it's console siblings, only with added 3D tomfoolery.  Moves were nice and easy to do on the circle pad .

Kid Icarus is a lot like Space Harrier, but controls were inverted which messed me up a bit but seemed great, airborne enemies really show off how DEEP the screen can go.  You control with circle pad and L trigger to move and shoot, and stylus to aim... I think...

Ridge Racer was exactly as you'd imagine, but the 3D looked great when in tunnels!

Zelda was like returning to a favorite dream, only this time it's more luscious than ever, but the 3D wasn't all that noticeable, although I played it last so maybe it wasn't as surprising.

The AR stuff I saw was really, REALLY awesome... trap doors opening on surfaces and huge enemies crawling out, flat ground bending into a canyon, having to move several feet to be "above" targets...!  Fantastic.

I'll buy SFIV and something else on day 1.

My friend played Pro Evo Soccer and said it was great, but we all forgot to play Resident Evil!

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1524 on: 1 March 2011, 21:45:39 »

I'm jealous Abe!

Man, this makes me want a 3DS.

Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #1525 on: 1 March 2011, 21:55:51 »

I always wanted one but since playing it I've got the fever for it.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #1526 on: 1 March 2011, 22:10:11 »

Shame the Zelda on it is OoT, I never cared for it.  Maybe we'll get a Link's Awakening remake or something.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1527 on: 1 March 2011, 22:41:29 »

This is probably the best you're gonna get for Link's Awakening (though I don't mind one bit):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvsJB9k9o8s

Aresian
Sniper Joe

« Reply #1528 on: 2 March 2011, 02:21:10 »

Shame the Zelda on it is OoT, I never cared for it.  Maybe we'll get a Link's Awakening remake or something.

It'll happen, don't worry. I'm pretty sure Link's Awakening is well respected by most, even today.

I know I do. At the very least though, the virtual console will suffice.

I AM DJSonic!
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #1529 on: 2 March 2011, 04:06:42 »

I can see the charm to LA but the only handheld Zelda game I liked much was Minish Cap... but then that's why I have a working GBA.

And all of my GB/GBC games.  For me, the 3DS still really has to prove itself with its own games.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1530 on: 2 March 2011, 05:51:22 »

I'm interested in getting like, all of the 1st party games without even trying them out first like certain people smarter than me have done.

But until then, maybe Res. Evil?

Guess I'm not worried about the eye effect because I don't wear glasses... but then again I don't know if there are long-term side effects of playing 3D for long periods of time.

I suspect there may be lawsuits in the future regarding harm for playing 3D stuff like 5 hours at a time.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #1531 on: 3 March 2011, 14:41:28 »

I easily drop hours at a time on a good game.  If it REQUIRES 3D to play and that #####s up your eyes, Nintendo made a bad move.  It's wholey unreasonable to design something that requires you to play for short periods and then stop for long breaks when it runs things that make you want to play them for very long periods of time.  It's also very disruptive to have to constantly stop playing.  It destroys the flow of a game.

That said, I don't think it will really be a problem.  I also have full faith the 3DS will be great in terms of games.  Of course I ALSO thought that about the N64 coming off the SNES.  Boy was I wrong!  But Nintendo has yet to fail on the handheld front, so I'll give them a pass until they do.

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #1532 on: 3 March 2011, 16:01:21 »

What I've heard just recently about the 3D for the 3DS is that the sweet spot for getting the effect is very small, and different for everyone.  If you change the position of your head it seems like you have to move the slider to compensate for it.

To me that's bad... but then I take a look at the screenshots for the Ocarina of Time remake and they're amazing.  Nothing is pre-rendered textures, it's all fairly high poly count objects.  My usual opinion about OoT is that it was great once, but I never wanted to play it again... but I want to play this remake.

On one hand the stereoscopic 3D is crap... on the other hand the 3D rendering is awesome for a handheld.

I think it may be worth the price after a drop or two, and I'll just turn off the 3D most of the time.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1533 on: 3 March 2011, 16:34:12 »

The slider can also adjust the intensity of the 3D effect, actually. You can slide it off for any games you want to if it bothers you, and slide it back on and to it's most intense at any time.

If I get it, highest setting all the way, I've been an advocating 3D for a long time due to my ability to look at it for hours and hours without any headache or discomfort.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1534 on: 3 March 2011, 18:24:41 »

When have you tested that beyond movie-length, John? Do you have a 3D TV?

Still, prominent 3D crap is kind of a new thing.
We don't exactly have a way to test that 20 years down the road something's gonna happen as a result of training your eyes to do this messed up thing.
I'm not saying that any entertainment shouldn't be 3D. It just doesn't hurt to be cautious, is all. I care a LOT about my eyes.

This isn't my criticism for the device itself, and if asked why I got it despite this I would say "It's NINTENDO, guys." I'm just saying I think I'll try to use the 3D effect not so much.

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #1535 on: 3 March 2011, 18:52:59 »

You guys are amazing at over exaggerating. I mean really the worst that can happen is you go blind.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1536 on: 3 March 2011, 19:02:22 »

I have a friend with a fancy newfangled 3D monitor and the glasses. Played 4 hours, no problem.

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #1537 on: 3 March 2011, 19:13:01 »

Yes but studies show that if you play 3D video games for more than 96 hours straight you might die.

So.

Take that.
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #1538 on: 3 March 2011, 19:16:22 »

Some people are immune to the ill effects.
I am.  I can do crosseyed/divergent eyed 3D all day long... but that doesn't mean I want to hold my head in one position all day just to play a game.

And yes, while the slider does change the intensity of the effect it really depends on where your head is and how close the screen is to your eyes... from what I've heard.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #1539 on: 3 March 2011, 20:09:14 »

I've heard if your head is way up your ass it's really hard to see the 3D effect.

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #1540 on: 3 March 2011, 20:14:26 »

Heard it smells like stank up in there.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1541 on: 3 March 2011, 20:31:19 »

I wasn't talking about the short-term side effects that we know about.

I meant more like possible long-term side effects of viewing 3D 4 or 5 hours a day for possibly more than one day per week. I don't think any person can say they've done anything like this to their eyes before 3DS. And some people play video games a lot more than I do.

Why is "it doesn't hurt to be cautious" unreasonable? I didn't say, "Don't buy it because it'll make you go blind." I'm just saying, we don't really know.

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #1542 on: 3 March 2011, 20:48:07 »

Majikn. Sweetpea, I know. I was 0% serious. :(
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1543 on: 3 March 2011, 21:06:27 »

I wasn't speaking really at you but more at the general vibe I'm getting.

Alekta
Noob

« Reply #1544 on: 3 March 2011, 21:59:46 »

I think Majikn has a point. No one tests these things twenty years before they come out and how normal kids/gamers use them. While the warning always say only play for X amount of time, hardly anyone does that. It will be interesting to see any side effects to the 3d. Heck no one expected the Wii to break tvs, but low and behold sweaty hands = tossed wiimotes! Yay for wrist straps!

I mean, everything new has some effect on some number of the population for whatever reason. How many of us will/do have painful wrists/thumbs from playing too long despite the 'warning' they give? I know I do. Kids will be kids, and there is an unanswered question of long term use. Cause it is rather new technology to be used for the first time on a large scale as a handheld.

I'm just glad the 3d can be turned off, to be honest. It seems nifty but personally I don't have any interest in it being a part of all my games all the time. Like the reason I was iffy about the wii was motion control seemed to be 'what every game would use'. Boy am I glad most of them actually can use the old GC controllers. I am interested in the games and the handheld itself, just not all the 3d stuff. The only games I know we'll get is Legends 3, but there are a whole heck of a lot more games to be out in the future I'm sure.
MOX
Robot Master

« Reply #1545 on: 4 March 2011, 03:21:13 »

Im personally curious as to how well the 3D effect actually works. They haven't even created 30 inch 3DTVs yet as far as I know and those all would require glasses. Not to mention that for modern games on the current consoles they lower the resolution in order to run the 3D effect at a playable frame rate. (though the resolution on handhelds is smaller so thats understandable)
Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #1546 on: 4 March 2011, 17:50:00 »

3D works brilliantly on it from what I've seen, although I do wonder how well people will use it in their games.

MOX
Robot Master

« Reply #1547 on: 4 March 2011, 20:28:34 »

Are we going to see kids with images floating from their 3DS's in the future? lol
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1548 on: 5 March 2011, 20:35:08 »

That's not how it works really, it's not a physical thing so you'd need to be directly behind the kid or with a comparable perspective to the user.

The 3DS has sort of... It's like two screens in one, so two planes, that show the same image except each shifted differently. This tricks your eyes into a 3D effect of some sort. Or at least that's how it was explained on TV.

Anyhows, a guy I work with has a 3D TV and says it's awesome for gaming. CoD Black Ops seems amazing in 3D, not that I'm really interested in 3D or Call of Duty.

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #1549 on: 5 March 2011, 21:10:13 »

Although true holographic video games would be pretty cool, much cooler than any sort of real-time 3D display we're capable of right now
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 » Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : Upcomming Gammes Toppic
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string