MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
29 April 2024, 04:04:35
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : Upcomming Gammes Toppic
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 » Print
Author Topic: Upcomming Gammes Toppic  (Read 387348 times)
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #1250 on: 16 September 2009, 14:24:36 »

The only reason Wind Waker isn't the worst Zelda Game ever is because Major's Mask exists and Spirit Tracks hasn't come out yet.  The game was awful.  The style was horrible.

On a more pleasant note though, A Boy and His Blob Wii is out soon... and I shall be getting it.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1251 on: 16 September 2009, 16:41:09 »

Rez you are a bully is what you are!

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1252 on: 16 September 2009, 19:16:46 »

The Wind Waker style is fine. I just wish they wouldn't keep re-using it.

And what's bad about Wind Waker, as you know, is the triforce #####.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #1253 on: 16 September 2009, 19:19:31 »

And the sailing. Don't forget the sailing.

The art style would have been fine would it have been something other than a Zelda game.

No more pencils, No more books
I built a city out' one brick, it had a Mayor and a Crook
I made the Crook stab the Mayor, then slay himself in the guilt
I stole the brick back and migrated east, now let's build.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #1254 on: 16 September 2009, 22:44:34 »

Just like the MMZ style would be fine would it have been for something other than a Mega Man game.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1255 on: 16 September 2009, 23:07:33 »

I think the Wind Waker style is the perfect Zelda style. Ocarina of Time always bothered me graphics-wise, and I'd have much preferred another Wind Waker-style game over Twilight Princess.

Wind Waker's style seems like the perfect evolution from A Link to the Past.

I don't see a parallel to MMZ's art style in relation to older MegaMan games.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1256 on: 17 September 2009, 01:47:44 »

ASR, we keep GETTING more and more Wind Waker style games. It's getting ridiculous. Twilight Princess was a refreshing change.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #1257 on: 17 September 2009, 03:08:09 »

That trailer made me laugh.

And I agree Edge. When I look for a 3D Zelda game, I expect something like Twilight Princess. Phantom Hourglass only passed for me because it played like the old Zelda, where it's mainly overhead, like ALttP. Now it just needs less sailing, less "go into the same dungeon 54 times", and more "Zelda".

EDIT: While I'm at it, I'm agreeing with Rez, but that's redundant, because we all know that's fact, and because Rez's word is law anyway.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
MOX
Robot Master

« Reply #1258 on: 17 September 2009, 03:32:24 »

Windwaker still looks sexy.
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #1259 on: 17 September 2009, 05:05:15 »

Wind Waker > Twilight Princess.

Fact.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1260 on: 17 September 2009, 05:12:24 »

Twilight Princess was actually pretty bad.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #1261 on: 17 September 2009, 15:18:27 »

I haven't liked ANY of the 3D Zeldas.  The last good one made was Link's Awakening on GAME BOY.  Granted I've not played the two Oracle games.  I've heard they were good as well.

OoT was just... not good.  I couldn't get into it.  My friend told me he tried to replay it once, but just couldn't hold his intrest.  We've played LoZ, LttP and LA several times.  I don't know what the hell they were thinking when they made Major's Mask.  It's truly an example of awful game design and presentation.  I will give credit where credit is due though, Rape Moon is an awesome guy.  He destroys the world and doesn't afraid of anything.  Shame he was stuck in such an awful game.  Wind Waker isn't much better though.  The style is simply horrid and does not fit Zelda at all any more than MMZ/ZX style fits Mega Man.  The game was horribly unbalanced with endless #####ing sailing, lack of dungeons and the horribly thought out TRIFORCE FISHIN'.  Game is an abortion of a sequel to what was at one point in time a great series.  Twilight Princess at least LOOKS about like what a Zelda game should, but falls into the trap of trying to do to much and be too epic.  Focus on Dungeons and puzzles.  And the "force you to play as a wolf for sections of the game" was a horrible gimmick.  And let's face it, those TYPE of gimmicks are becoming more and more prevailant in games today to keep things "fresh".  Well they don't.  They make the game stink quite badly.  I just want a good game with heavy dungeon/monster slaying/key finding/map getting/puzzle solving gameplay like the series started with.  Lose the fixation on "epic" story and give us a nice "glue the gameplay together" story that's simple and enjoyable to see as we plow through dungeon after dungeon.  And keep it top down view for gods sake.

[/rant]

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1262 on: 17 September 2009, 20:32:29 »

And the sailing. Don't forget the sailing.

The art style would have been fine would it have been something other than a Zelda game.

Fair.

The style is interesting and I guess it doesn't fit Zelda style considering the games that bookend it on consoles, but I didn't mind it. Thinking of the non console games however that came before Wind Waker (since after Wind Waker all the handheld Zelda games seem to use that style), it doesn't fit all that bad really.

The sailing is the worst part of the game, though I never gave that much a ##### and kinda liked it at first during the day time segments. And once you get the right song it's no big deal, you barely have to sail at all after that.

Triforce shards were fine, just a bit boring.

I still like Ocarina Of Time the best, though. Not 'cause it's that great (it's not, the hype is all nostalgia and nostalgia is entirely subjective by nature) but because I had such a good time with it and talking about with everyone. You have to remember I was like ten when this game out and we all thought it was the #####ing limit.

I quite liked Oracle of Ages and what I played of Seasons (the games and boy got stolen) but they were Link's Awakening. Pretty good though and I'd play them again if I had the carts.

But I love Wind Waker and I love Twilight Princess too. I unexpectedly didn't totally mind the shoe-horned in wolf parts. So I don't get how TP is "pretty bad", though I agree it isn't at all humble. Still, it was fun and that's that.

There's only a few Zelda games I think are pretty bad. The Adventure Of Link, Majora's Mask, Minish Cap, for instance. If someone likes those but doesn't like the ones I think are good then we just can't talk about Zelda anymore and that's it.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1263 on: 17 September 2009, 21:00:12 »

Link's Awakening was my first Zelda game and I think my favorite.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #1264 on: 17 September 2009, 21:03:07 »

Given how The Adventure of Link (Zelda 2) was so different from Zelda 1 and Castlevania 2 was so different from Castlevania 1 we're lucky Mega Man 2 wasn't totally different from Mega Man 1 (in the Nintendo's "big 3").

While I loved Castlevania 2 and we ALL love Mega Man 2, I just never ever cared for Zelda 2.  It was truly an awful game.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1265 on: 17 September 2009, 22:09:12 »

I kept trying to get into it. It's... not only awkward, but very hard. It was fun at times, but overall it left a bad taste in my mouth.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #1266 on: 17 September 2009, 22:23:11 »

Zelda II had an awesome concept but it failed in performance.

I wouldn't mind another Zelda game in the same style on the DS or something because it would be loads better due to being on an updated system alone.

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #1267 on: 18 September 2009, 06:46:01 »

I like Zelda II, but that really wasn't the case till I played it on the Gamecube. Dunno why.

Brutal Legend demo is available to those who pre-order from GameStop.

I am no longer worried about my money going to waste. I'm pumped for next month.

Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #1268 on: 18 September 2009, 16:28:00 »

Zelda II is still one of my all time favorite games, #####ting all over the first.

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #1269 on: 18 September 2009, 17:17:16 »

You really should just go back to the Abomonster avatar...

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1270 on: 18 September 2009, 20:32:17 »

Daft Punk + Queen + DJ Hero = Alec's probably going to end up buying this game now even though I totally was trying to find excuses not to up until watching this

Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #1271 on: 18 September 2009, 21:23:01 »

Absolutely horrific.
On their own, Queen sounds just fine.
By themselves, Daft Punk is godly.
But together they form an unholy cacophony which I can only assume is what they have on infinite loop in Hell.
Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #1272 on: 18 September 2009, 22:06:32 »

You got your descriptions of the two groups backwards.

And it doesn't sound all that bad, although the effect is definitely subtractive rather than additive.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1273 on: 18 September 2009, 22:20:18 »

:)

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #1274 on: 18 September 2009, 23:08:48 »

You got your descriptions of the two groups spot on.

And it doesn't sound good at all, it gave me cancer.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1275 on: 19 September 2009, 04:37:18 »

I just never ever cared for Zelda 2.  It was truly an awful game.

On this issue we can be best friends.

Daft Punk + Queen + DJ Hero = Alec's probably going to end up buying this game now even though I totally was trying to find excuses not to up until watching this

##### you. I am NOT watching that. I really want to but you're going to make me get the game and I do NOT want to do that. Although, it could turn me off 'cause I'm learning to actually DJ from friends of mine so...

Nah. I'm not gonna risk it.

No he didn't. I like both, I might even say I love both, but I'd rather listen to Daft Punk over Queen almost anytime. There's only so many times I can hear either in a day but I'm pretty sure I hear Bohemian Rhapsody or another of their overplayed superhits daily.

Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #1276 on: 19 September 2009, 06:03:06 »

Although, it could turn me off 'cause I'm learning to actually DJ from friends of mine so...

Great job breakin' the mold there, Mikey.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1277 on: 19 September 2009, 06:08:55 »

##### you. I am NOT watching that. I really want to but you're going to make me get the game and I do NOT want to do that. Although, it could turn me off 'cause I'm learning to actually DJ from friends of mine so...

Ha, I REALLY wish I didn't watch the video. Up until now, I've been able to write it off like "it's probably stupid, I don't want it." You're basically in the exact same boat I'm in, even down to the learning to DJ - except my friend's been promising me that for years and has all this equipment in his basement that he never lets me touch "because he'll show me later."

Although, it could turn me off 'cause I'm learning to actually DJ from friends of mine so...

Great job breakin' the mold there, Mikey.

Oh my GOD.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1278 on: 19 September 2009, 06:18:40 »

Like Sano's parents and everyone else that's ever existed, I'm choosing to ignore him.

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #1279 on: 19 September 2009, 15:08:09 »

Ignore this.
« Last Edit: 19 September 2009, 16:56:24 by Snare » Logged
Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #1280 on: 19 September 2009, 15:14:24 »

:D
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1281 on: 19 September 2009, 15:38:01 »

FRAWD CHIKUN

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1282 on: 19 September 2009, 17:04:24 »

do one of me being jewish

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1283 on: 19 September 2009, 22:35:17 »

I don't even like watermelon.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1284 on: 19 September 2009, 22:40:58 »

Now who's the racist/fruitist?

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1285 on: 19 September 2009, 22:54:23 »

I'm sorry, I said that incorrectly;

I don't even like to consume watermelon.

We can be friends (and maybe more) though.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1286 on: 20 September 2009, 01:26:23 »

Some of my best friends are watermelon.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1287 on: 20 September 2009, 07:20:32 »

To be honest, I lock my door when watermelon come near my car.
Not because I'm fruitist! I just think watermelon will beg for change or food because watermelon are all poor!

Also that last part of that last post was directed at you Alec. I'm giving you "the eyes" over the internet right now.

Jakey
Robot Master

« Reply #1288 on: 20 September 2009, 08:41:06 »

That video was freaking awesome.
Mike, just watch it. You can't deny it.

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #1289 on: 20 September 2009, 14:27:33 »

I actually have to agree with Sano on this (or at least part of this), and say that while I like both bands (Queen>Daft Punk in terms of craft. I don't blame the band for being overplayed.) the fusion of the two is gross.

I want to reiterate that I like Daft Punk but, that said, I can think of so many other DJs who I'd rather see doing this game.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1290 on: 20 September 2009, 19:32:17 »

Honestly, I think Daft Punk is too obvious a choice for the game. There IS a ton of other electro acts I think would be more appropriate. On the flip side, it's cool Daft Punk is doing the score for TR2N, and that just seems right.

Queen is not so obvious, so it's cool.

I don't blame Queen for being overplayed either, I'm just not in the mood for that these days.

That video was freaking awesome.
Mike, just watch it. You can't deny it.

Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuooooooooooo oooooohhhhh!

Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #1291 on: 20 September 2009, 20:40:03 »

Well, here's ScrewAttack playing DJ Hero.
If you get bored while watching just skip to like the last few minutes, because it's silly.
But I can safely say I'm definitely not interested in the actual game.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1292 on: 20 September 2009, 20:58:24 »

My favorite Queen song ("Don't Stop Me Now", and that has nothing to do with Shaun of the Dead... the fact that it was in SotD only made me love both more) doesn't get overplayed at all.

Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #1293 on: 20 September 2009, 21:05:05 »

In my opinion, Don't Stop Me Now is their best song.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1294 on: 20 September 2009, 21:30:47 »

It is.

White Shadow
Matrix Marine

« Reply #1295 on: 21 September 2009, 07:16:10 »

I actually have to agree with Sano on this (or at least part of this), and say that while I like both bands (Queen>Daft Punk in terms of craft. I don't blame the band for being overplayed.) the fusion of the two is gross.

I want to reiterate that I like Daft Punk but, that said, I can think of so many other DJs who I'd rather see doing this game.

The sound gave me foot cancer.

White Shadow
Jakey
Robot Master

« Reply #1296 on: 21 September 2009, 20:57:31 »

I'm sure someone's talked about Brutal Legend already. I can't wait for that game to come out. I love the whole Battle of the Bands idea and I've watched a few videos about it and it seems like that concept was the original basis of the game, but that in production it took a backseat to the single player campaign stuff. But at least you know they've put some thought into it. Of course, anything Double Fine puts it out, I eat up anyway. And Jack Black fits like a glove in all the cutscenes I've cutseen, just like Richard Horowitz in Pschonauts. Woo!

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #1297 on: 21 September 2009, 21:48:02 »

I hate Jack Black with the fire of one thousand suns, but having played the demo, I'm willing to forgive his previous transgressions.
The skill of Tim Schafer overpowers the suck of just about anything else.

Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #1298 on: 21 September 2009, 23:19:58 »

The skill of Tim Schafer overpowers the suck of just about anything else.

I agree whole heartedly, but I don't see the problem with Jack Black...
« Last Edit: 21 September 2009, 23:28:32 by Captain Sanoguchi » Logged
Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #1299 on: 23 September 2009, 19:38:11 »

I find his general persona to be more irritating than amusing, and with his usually heavy handed delivery only compounds his sins.

He's like an intermediary step between Will Ferrel and Dane Cook; neither of whom I care for.

Also, Brutal Legend is only perpetuating the myth that Jack Black is metal.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 » Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : Upcomming Gammes Toppic
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string