MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
28 April 2024, 21:55:05
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : Upcomming Gammes Toppic
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 » Print
Author Topic: Upcomming Gammes Toppic  (Read 387313 times)
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1100 on: 3 June 2009, 23:49:58 »

Oh wow Jack Black.
ㅎ_ㅎ

Mario stuff, Metal Gear stuff and Monkey Island stuff are all that interests me so far.

I'm dismayed at all the BUMF that's being announced as if it's somehow good...

Twitter and Facebook and all that ##### ##### that's already ruined the internet, now set to ruin games.

I was wondering where you were.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1101 on: 4 June 2009, 00:08:14 »

Oh, Brutal Legend? I remember reading about that a LOOOOONG time ago. It looks interesting, especially since it's by the dude who did Psychonauts, which I liked, even though it wasn't as good as people say it is.

But I probably (definitely) won't play Brutal Legend.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1102 on: 4 June 2009, 00:27:11 »

I also forgot to mention I'm super psyched about Brutal Legend.
Seriously, it's got Jack Black and it's made by Tim Schaefer!
...I loved Grim Fandango...
This is currently my most-anticipated game.

Aside from the two Mario games for Wii, this is probably the only other game that's been showcased at E3 that I'll be buying.

Rock Band: The Beatles

Both games I am also extremely excited for.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #1103 on: 4 June 2009, 03:01:20 »

Oh, Brutal Legend? I remember reading about that a LOOOOONG time ago. It looks interesting, especially since it's by the dude who did Psychonauts, which I liked, even though it wasn't as good as people say it is.

But I probably (definitely) won't play Brutal Legend.

You forgot Grim Fandango.
He made Grim Fandango too.
Why does nobody ever mention Grim Fandango?

Oh jeeze, I can't believe I forgot this one.
Dude, Nintendo showed off the most awesome DS game ever that everyone seems to have overlooked or forgotten about. Man, Nintendo seriously has not forgotten about the hardcore gamers. This game is so #####ing epic. I know everyone will be playing it like a week after it comes out, it's going to be more infectious than Pokemon and the swine flu put together. ##### the new Halo, ##### Assassin's Creed 2, ##### all that other bull#####. This game is so much better than every other game announced at E3 put together. I am of course speaking of the epicness that is only known as Style Savvy.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1104 on: 4 June 2009, 17:29:41 »

The Beatles: Rock Band opening cinematic.

Awesome.

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #1105 on: 4 June 2009, 18:15:33 »

Brutal Legend breaks my heart.
I was looking very forward to it when it was first announced.
Then they announced that Jack Black would be doing the voice acting, because as we all know, there's NOTHING more metal than Jack Black *rolls eyes*
But I figured, that's okay, I'll just turn off the voices and turn on the subtitles.
Then I saw the character design...
How am I supposed to ignore that it's Jack Black now?
I would have bought it, but now I can't imagine doing so.

If I didn't have a PSP, I'd get a PSP Go, assuming it's just as mod-able as the previous generations.

I'm disappointed that Assassin's Creed 2 is rehashing the same time period. Feudal Japan would have been a better setting, as I can't help but feel as though I've already done this all before.

Heavy Rain is looking good. Here's hoping it doesn't have the same issues as Indigo Prophecy.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 makes me happy. Now all they have to do is port Tales of Vesperia (in the US) and I will have officially lost any interest in getting a 360.

Ratchet & Clank Future also makes me happy. It's good to know that game designers out there are still using more than two or three colors at a time.

Uncharted 2 LOOKS good, but seems as generic as the first.

Is it possible for Pixel Junk to put out a bad game? "Shooter" is a stupid name though; Never let your consumer base decide anything.

I'm curious to see how Dante's Inferno will work out. I'd love to see a visual representation of all the circles of hell, especially if they stay as true to the imagery as they're claiming. That being said, the literature they're building off of had no conflict, it was pretty much just a poet walking through hell describing what he saw. I've seen their design for Dante, and I can't help but feel like, no matter how close they stick to the poem visually, they'll piss all over it in the long run.

YAY for another Team ICO game! Took #####ing long enough.

I'm anxiously looking forward to devouring the latest Metroid installment, though I'm not sure I understand how they're going to mix first person and side scrolling. Most games that try to tackle multiple perspectives fail at it.

I'm apprehensive and yet hopeful about Bioshock 2. I loved the first, I just really hope this obvious attempt at creating a franchise to milk doesn't sully the name of the original.

God of War III. Yup. It'd be hard to mess that one up, just stick to what works and finish the story. This game was the whole reason I bought a PS3 in the first place.

A resounding "meh" goes to the majority of the rest of what I've seen come out of E3 though.

That said, it isn't over yet. More opinionated rambling to come, I'm sure.

No more pencils, No more books
I built a city out' one brick, it had a Mayor and a Crook
I made the Crook stab the Mayor, then slay himself in the guilt
I stole the brick back and migrated east, now let's build.
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #1106 on: 4 June 2009, 20:23:51 »

LOL BANDWAGON
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1107 on: 4 June 2009, 20:34:44 »

Time to finally find and play the first two.

Slugkid
Robot Master

« Reply #1108 on: 4 June 2009, 20:35:32 »

wat
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #1109 on: 4 June 2009, 20:36:37 »

http://protodudesrockmancorner.blogspot.com/

Don't want to type the story.

LOL BANDWAGON
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #1110 on: 4 June 2009, 20:38:52 »

wat is this i don't even.
Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #1111 on: 4 June 2009, 21:29:43 »

I'll believe that when I see it.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1112 on: 5 June 2009, 02:23:30 »

The Beatles: Rock Band opening cinematic.

Awesome.

Dead link now.

This works.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oseosz-ntmQ

AND HOLY COW.
DO.
WANT.

THE END OF THAT IS INCREDIBLE.
« Last Edit: 5 June 2009, 02:30:58 by Johncarllos » Logged

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1113 on: 5 June 2009, 02:57:28 »

Yeah. It's like... it's like... it's like just really cool and stuff!

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1114 on: 5 June 2009, 03:06:34 »

It's pretty run-of-the-mill, until the ABSOLUTELY PSYCHEDELIC ENDING.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1115 on: 5 June 2009, 03:17:33 »

Agreed. Though the animation style in the beginning was cool enough for it to be above run-of-the-mill. Everything from when Here Comes The Sun starts playing is amazing, though.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1116 on: 5 June 2009, 03:24:39 »

Well, it's a typical start to game of that sort.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #1117 on: 5 June 2009, 08:26:16 »

I hope Live and Let Die is in it.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1118 on: 5 June 2009, 09:38:48 »

Not that I was going to get it, but "Saw Her Standing There" would be cool to have in it only because it's my favourite The Beatles song.

Yeah, "The".

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #1119 on: 5 June 2009, 18:01:14 »

Cool video. I like The Beatles pretty well, particularly their drugged out stuff.

That said, I don't care for Rock Band or Guitar Hero.
More power to those of you who do though.

It would be nice if the game actually featured tripped out visuals like that, but I'd almost think they'd be distracting, so I'd doubt it.

Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #1120 on: 5 June 2009, 19:58:18 »

I was wondering where you were.

Too sad for internetting lately.

E3 was mediocre.

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1121 on: 5 June 2009, 22:41:26 »

It would be nice if the game actually featured tripped out visuals like that, but I'd almost think they'd be distracting, so I'd doubt it.

The trailer shows some trippy visuals for certain songs, like I Am The Walrus and Octopus's Garden.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1122 on: 6 June 2009, 01:41:18 »

I feel like the only person on the planet who actually prefers Meet The Beatles to their later albums...

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #1123 on: 6 June 2009, 08:19:08 »

If I didn't do drugs, I'd agree with you.

On topic, having now soaked up pretty much everything E3 had to show us, and not wanting to sound like a fanboy, I think Sony really mopped the floor this year. Of the three press conferences, their line-up was easily the strongest. Everything anyone else had to show, they trumped. That glowing dildo motion controller bitchslapped Wii Motion + AND 360's camera at the same time, and their game lineup was second to none.

Pure insanity.

MOX
Robot Master

« Reply #1124 on: 6 June 2009, 09:04:49 »

Guitar Hero is fun but buying a new game with different songs but the same game mechanics isn't very appealing to me.

I dont really like how Microsoft and Sony are essentially giving a low blow the Wii, but it's probably what the market wants. I don't know how good the motion sensing for the 360 is, but the technology for the PS3's magic wand was incredible, it's definately a lot better than aiming at an IR sensor. Now that Microsoft and Sony will do essentially the same stuff as the Wii but with better hardware, it seems like the Wii will really be even more of a budget console in the future. (which is sad because it was really innovative when It first came out).

I'm still relaly excited for the games that are comming out for the Wii so when the price drops down again later this year I'd like to get one.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1125 on: 6 June 2009, 09:12:15 »

I got my 360 for games that don't have that motion sensor stuff.

So I'm not a fan. But I haven't actually looked at any E3 stuff other than what I've heard here 'cause... Eh.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #1126 on: 9 June 2009, 05:29:52 »

So I've been living under a rock and just now realized Super Mario Galaxy 2's existence.

I don't know how I missed Sano's post.

EDIT: Oh, and Vinchenz's post too. ...sometimes clicking the "new" button in the topic list doesn't really put you to the first unread post I guess...

I'm a little surprised they're making a SEQUEL to a main Mario game... that hasn't happened since... the NES games?

Oh right, and New Super Mario Bros. Wii. I don't want to play as either of the toads in that, ever.
« Last Edit: 9 June 2009, 05:37:43 by NovaMan XP » Logged
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1127 on: 9 June 2009, 05:49:10 »

Super Mario World 2, I cite.

It's not unheard of, it's just completely unexpected due to it not happening for two consoles straight. And I WELCOME it, kind of... I really just hope it's a GOOD sequel, that's all I can ask for. I don't mind so much that they're reusing the space theme for their next 3D platformer, given that it's also coming SOONER than expected.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1128 on: 9 June 2009, 09:58:45 »

Mario and Luigi 2.
Mario and Luigi 3.

And a plethora of Paper Mario games that all suck compared to the original which was just OK and really a worse version of Mario RPG which for Bob's sakes actually deserves the attention these other Mario games are getting which is in a way getting annoying which is an adjective right now which is the only moment in time that actually exists which is where it gets complicated which is complicated.

Don't count Mario's need to party and play sports only once a year each MAXIMUM.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #1129 on: 9 June 2009, 11:29:56 »

Mario and Luigi: Super Star Saga is an amazing game, however, and is almost as good as SMRPG. Almost.

The others are still good, IMO. Except for M&L2. What a disappointment that game was.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1130 on: 9 June 2009, 19:15:30 »

Mike, we're thinking in terms of platforming Mario games. Games like Paper Mario were always like... on-the-side stuff. Other than that I don't really know what you're talking about because while Super Mario RPG is a good game it's also not a new release. So... it wouldn't be getting any attention compared to upcoming Mario games. And I don't really think anyone OR their dog thinks the newer Mario RPGs are better than the original Super Mario RPG, but I for one have played them all and enjoyed them and I don't know why everyone's so on about how they suck.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1131 on: 9 June 2009, 22:38:25 »

Mario and Luigi: Super Star Saga is an amazing game, however, and is almost as good as SMRPG. Almost.

Uh, yes it is a great game. Uh, no it's not almost as good as Super Mario RPG.

Mike, we're thinking in terms of platforming Mario games. Games like Paper Mario were always like... on-the-side stuff.

I didn't notice the word "main" in "main Mario games".

Other than that I don't really know what you're talking about because while Super Mario RPG is a good game it's also not a new release. So... it wouldn't be getting any attention compared to upcoming Mario games.

That's not at all what I meant. I meant that game, being arguably the best side-Mario game of all, actually deserves a sequel more than the others. It has nothing to do with whether or not it's a new release.

And for the record the only Paper Mario I've really liked was the first one, and the one on Wii really sucked. Like.. A lot. It was fun for about the first level. I only played the first Mario & Luigi and I really liked it, so I don't know where you got the idea that I think all the Mario RPG style games that aren't Super Mario RPG suck. I only said the sequels to Paper Mario suck, but that's in comparison to the original because it was great.

And I don't really think anyone OR their dog thinks the newer Mario RPGs are better than the original Super Mario RPG

Never said that.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #1132 on: 10 June 2009, 01:25:10 »

And I don't really think anyone OR their dog thinks the newer Mario RPGs are better than the original Super Mario RPG, but I for one have played them all and enjoyed them and I don't know why everyone's so on about how they suck.

I know plenty of people who prefer the Paper Mario games to Super Mario RPG.

And I agree that Square-Enix should get off their asses and ask Nintendo to make another Super Mario RPG.

MOX
Robot Master

« Reply #1133 on: 10 June 2009, 01:57:34 »

I never finished SMRPG. I remember playing it during the sixth grade and enjoying it alot before my friend moved and took hes SNES with him. I believed I was at the part with the piano keys at some pond or something.

I need to play that game again. I really liked the graphics and music.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #1134 on: 10 June 2009, 02:50:31 »

I loved Paper Mario. I hated Super Paper Mario. That game was so #####ing boring and easy it just killed it completely.

Never played Thousand Year Door, and I don't care enough to anymore.

I should probably get SMRPG on the Wii's Virtual Console.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1135 on: 10 June 2009, 02:57:28 »

I liked Super Paper Mario.
It was charming.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1136 on: 10 June 2009, 03:23:48 »

Charming is too nice, but it was cute.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #1137 on: 10 June 2009, 03:42:00 »

I loved Paper Mario. I hated Super Paper Mario. That game was so #####ing boring and easy it just killed it completely.

That's a shame. TYD is the best of the bunch.

And I honestly got bored with SMRPG, but I intend to pick it back up. You should give it a shot Nova.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #1138 on: 10 June 2009, 03:49:29 »

That's a shame. TYD is the best of the bunch.

I hear otherwise.

And even though I haven't played it, I don't think anything could be more awesome than my first (and at the moment only) playthrough of Paper Mario.

Although maybe I'll give that one a shot, after SMRPG or something.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #1139 on: 10 June 2009, 03:58:06 »

I think Edge also agrees it's the best out of the bunch... but I gave TYD my vote as best because it's slightly harder, more stuff to do, the battle system is better, and I like the storyline a bit more.

You definitely should try it out. As for SMRPG, I can't personally say if I really like it more because I haven't beaten it, but it's fun. Not addicting fun, but it's good for a time killer.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1140 on: 10 June 2009, 06:10:59 »

It's very possible that NOW you wouldn't rate it as high but at the time it kicked the ass of the planet Earth and the rest of ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha.

I never finished SMRPG. I remember playing it during the sixth grade and enjoying it alot before my friend moved and took hes SNES with him. I believed I was at the part with the piano keys at some pond or something.

I think that's when you get Mallow, which isn't even half way! You missed out on a lot!

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1141 on: 10 June 2009, 06:41:08 »

Other than that I don't really know what you're talking about because while Super Mario RPG is a good game it's also not a new release. So... it wouldn't be getting any attention compared to upcoming Mario games.

That's not at all what I meant. I meant that game, being arguably the best side-Mario game of all, actually deserves a sequel more than the others. It has nothing to do with whether or not it's a new release.

Thought you meant "attention" from the fans.

And for the record the only Paper Mario I've really liked was the first one, and the one on Wii really sucked. Like.. A lot. It was fun for about the first level. I only played the first Mario & Luigi and I really liked it, so I don't know where you got the idea that I think all the Mario RPG style games that aren't Super Mario RPG suck. I only said the sequels to Paper Mario suck, but that's in comparison to the original because it was great.

I got the idea when you said they suck compared to Super Mario RPG, which is good to me, but not great. So if something is bad compared to something that's decent, fun, replayable... I guess it's arguable from there but I was thinking negatively.

I'm not sure I want a sequel to Super Mario RPG but I would have liked to see something in a similar vein to it. Actually more like somewhere in-between Super Mario RPG and Paper Mario/Mario and Luigi would be fine by me.

And I don't really think anyone OR their dog thinks the newer Mario RPGs are better than the original Super Mario RPG

Never said that.

Also a misunderstanding.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #1142 on: 10 June 2009, 22:02:45 »

So, you'll be able to catch Groudon in Soul Silver and Kyogre in Heart Gold after beating the Elite 4. Also, if you have both in your game, Rayquaza will be able to get caught.

And it looks like there's going to be an event surrounding Cynthia (champion from Pearl/Diamond/Platinum) and Arceus (Mr. Legendary Pokemon who is also God or something).

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #1143 on: 11 June 2009, 00:39:20 »

RAYQUAAAAAZA? Green flying dragon fella? Oh, snap.

I want Heart Goooold.. too bad I have to catch Kyogre, I prefer Groudon.

LOL BANDWAGON
TriggerUNIT
Noob

« Reply #1144 on: 11 June 2009, 01:11:41 »

I must say I'm looking forward to the next Metroid instalment... The name for the project, The Other M... Well it's stupid, yes, But what was presented looks sleek, and I actually think metroid has something to gain from a more brutal and barbaric fighting style, if combat is anything like the trailer.

If the trailer is anything to go by, I just hope they don't get happy with the melee and have that distract from the weapons Samus normally uses. Change is good, reconstruction this far in, not so much.

See clearly through the eyes of insanity.
http://sologun15.freeforums.org/index.php
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #1145 on: 11 June 2009, 02:34:08 »

So, you'll be able to catch Groudon in Soul Silver and Kyogre in Heart Gold after beating the Elite 4. Also, if you have both in your game, Rayquaza will be able to get caught.

And it looks like there's going to be an event surrounding Cynthia (champion from Pearl/Diamond/Platinum) and Arceus (Mr. Legendary Pokemon who is also God or something).

Arceus is the worst Pokémon idea ever I think.

Anyway, I guess that means we can expect Hoenn Pokémon to appear in those games in a new area or something like how Fire Red/Leaf Green had Johto Pokémon in those islands.
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #1146 on: 11 June 2009, 10:25:41 »

A lot of people are hoping for the Orange Islands to show up. I'm not one of those people, though.

I want Heart Goooold.. too bad I have to catch Kyogre, I prefer Groudon.

Online trading will definitely return, and they'll probably also add a Global Trading Center in the game somewhere, probably in Goldenrod. I wouldn't be surprised if it could interact with D/P/Pt's GTS either. You'll be able to do trades just as easily as before. So, it'll probably be very easy to get a Groudon.

I'm glad I'm getting Soul Silver because I have Kyogre already in Pearl by getting it in Sapphire (that seems much more complicated than it should...). I don't like buying more than one version of the same game, so buying Ruby just to get Groudon was a no-go for me.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #1147 on: 11 June 2009, 16:37:07 »

I think that's when you get Mallow, which isn't even half way! You missed out on a lot!

He went farther than I did years ago. I rented the game and I wasn't able to beat the first boss before returning it: The crocodile thief with the bombs.

But now, last I played it, I'm in some pirate ship.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1148 on: 12 June 2009, 00:28:58 »

Same here. But then I borrowed it from a friend in high school and then the guy got expelled. We grew apart, and I still have the game. So I won.

TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #1149 on: 12 June 2009, 00:47:17 »

This waaayyyy off tpoic. But the game that am excited for is Tekken 6. I've been a Tekken fan since Tekken 2 so yea. Coolness.

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 » Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : Upcomming Gammes Toppic
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string