MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
27 April 2024, 18:31:53
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : Matricians: Show your Music!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 » Print
Author Topic: Matricians: Show your Music!  (Read 343085 times)
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1050 on: 26 June 2009, 01:00:29 »

I bought MSTRKRFT's first album today, which I know I'll love 'cause I know a bit of it like "Street Justice".

It was two for twenty-five so I got that The Ting Tings album, "We Started Nothing". That one's really just for work more than for me, 'cause we need something a bit more pop influenced that isn't Garbage 2.0 and other old stuff that, while good, are old.

Sonia said you could burn an audio CD out of a DVD-R. I don't know if that's true and I was gonna try it but right now I just realized my computer only has a DVD PLAYER and a CD BURNER and it reminds me of how much that pisses me off since it's the same damn drive.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1051 on: 26 June 2009, 01:27:44 »

I do not believe that you can burn an audio CD out of a DVD-R.

Maybe a data CD?

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1052 on: 26 June 2009, 01:31:22 »

I need it to play on a CD player so a data disc is useless. Harumph. I'd try to take it down by 10 minutes but it's a mix, I spent hours figuring out which songs go where and I'm feeling sick right now so I don't want to have to do that all over again tonight.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1053 on: 26 June 2009, 01:41:55 »

If the CD player can play MP3 CDs (roughly 6 hours) (which it almost definitely can't unless it's fairly new and has a big sticker on it saying you can), you'd have to buy an MP3 capable CD (methinks) and have an MP3 burner.

Basically, use multiple CDs.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1054 on: 26 June 2009, 02:00:20 »

It can wait another week I guess, I'll take a look at the player tomorrow. I know we're able to play stuff of MP3 players too but... Eh.

TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #1055 on: 26 June 2009, 02:17:11 »

Now that I found out Michael Jackson died, I remembered that I have a cd of the dude somewere in my room. Am going to find it and listen to it for once. Too bad the dude is dead.RIP.

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1056 on: 26 June 2009, 02:30:19 »

I had recently found a pretty good deal on a sweet Thriller album limited edition collector's blah blah thing, but now I'm sure the price will go back up.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1057 on: 26 June 2009, 02:33:03 »

It can wait another week I guess, I'll take a look at the player tomorrow. I know we're able to play stuff of MP3 players too but... Eh.

Well use an MP3 player.

MOX
Robot Master

« Reply #1058 on: 26 June 2009, 02:47:26 »

I bought MSTRKRFT's first album today, which I know I'll love 'cause I know a bit of it like "Street Justice".

I've only listened to their first album but I love it; there's  a really distinct style. I still need to listen to Fist of God.
TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #1059 on: 26 June 2009, 06:33:20 »

I had recently found a pretty good deal on a sweet Thriller album limited edition collector's blah blah thing, but now I'm sure the price will go back up.

Am going to add that on the to do list now.

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #1060 on: 28 June 2009, 02:54:49 »

I NEED A HERO

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1061 on: 28 June 2009, 04:10:53 »

I'M HOLDING OUT FOR A HERO 'TIL THE END OF THE—

I'm really sad that's not Bonnie Tyler.

Her song has some sick trumpets.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1062 on: 28 June 2009, 06:18:15 »

I cook things in skillets.

Anyways, I listened to the first minute, it's okay, not really my type of music.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1063 on: 28 June 2009, 19:46:37 »

Well use an MP3 player.

Only my boss does it, I don't know if the hookup's just there or what, and I'm not really gonna bother so much.

I've only listened to their first album but I love it; there's  a really distinct style. I still need to listen to Fist of God.

I like Fist Of God better, it's more of a whole.
But yeah their first album, The Looks, is great too. I loved "Street Justice" for a while anyway. I can't wait to see them live this week!

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #1064 on: 3 July 2009, 07:54:48 »

I figured I'd share this. It's amusing to me, if nothing else.

Emili is very much a fan of Evanescence. I found their music tolerable enough, but after Ben Moody left and they came out with their second album The Open Door, they became completely unlistenable.
At the time, I pointed out that I thought it was funny that the band became so much weaker after the departure of Moody, who was only credited with co-writing their prior material. Emili, being as much a fan of Amy Lee as she was Evanescence, just attributed this to a sophomore slump, rather than the lack of Ben.

Recently, Moody teamed up with other former members of Evanescence who had either been fired or quit (my guess is that Amy Lee is a bit of a #####) and formed a band called "We are the Fallen" with a female vocalist who resembles Amy both visually and vocally. Having heard their material earlier today, it very literally sounds like it was lifted off Evanescence's album Fallen.

It was at this juncture that I reminded Emili of my observation a few years ago, and pointed out that such similar song structure and sound (which had clearly been lacking from The Open Door) seemed to have followed Ben, lending credence to my assertion that he was the one who was doing most of the writing.

Emili was less than happy. She said that she thought the music was clearly just a rip-off of Evanescence. I asked how it was possible for a band that was almost completely composed of the original line up of Evanescence and (who seems to be) the more influential songsmith, to essentially be ripping itself off.
This made her even less happy.

Seriously though, Evanescence collapsed when supported solely by Amy, but apparently Ben can pick right up where he left off.

Again, I'd like to point out that I don't really terribly much for this music in the first place, but it's hard not to notice that Ms. Lee isn't exactly the prolific writer she likes to claim to be.

[/rant]

No more pencils, No more books
I built a city out' one brick, it had a Mayor and a Crook
I made the Crook stab the Mayor, then slay himself in the guilt
I stole the brick back and migrated east, now let's build.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1065 on: 3 July 2009, 08:11:07 »

Even if I was a fan of Evanescence I would concede that.

A vast majority of the time I don't really have the stomach for the music, and even then, only from that one album. I feel like there's a lot of stuff in the "dramatic/theatrical" category that are a lot more meaningful and compositionally more interesting than Evanescence's music is, even when some of it is very similar to Evanescence.

I hope by "less happy" you don't mean shrieking fangirl, at least. That would just be... unfortunate.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #1066 on: 3 July 2009, 15:16:51 »

Shrieking, no.
Fan-girl, yes.

Em is really into "badass chicks" like Saline from Underworld or Æon Flux or Alice from the Resident Evil films. A female fronted rock band was perfectly along the lines of her taste.

I think she's just having a hard time coming to grips with Amy Lee not being what she built her up as in her head.

It's all pretty unfortunate. The idea of a metal band with clean, beautiful female vocals and an overlay of symphonic instrumentation and structure sounds really good in theory, it's just too bad that I have yet to hear a band that actually put those characteristics together without each constituent piece being mediocre.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #1067 on: 3 July 2009, 15:31:23 »

Months ago, I noticed something interesting. I listen to a christian radio when I drive around and certain songs come up. However, every time they play the song "In My Arms", I make a certain videogame connection.

Click this link and listen to the song. Don't watch the video, just listen. The video is just some dumb music video. The song begins at 0:40.

The chorus of the song sounds... very very familiar...

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #1068 on: 3 July 2009, 17:00:03 »

I think its funny that you made that connection.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1069 on: 3 July 2009, 18:01:19 »

pftahahaha.
They are a little similar I guess.
Hehehe.

I could barely stand the video that went with the first one though.

My girlfriend likes heavy metal.
I don't have too much of a problem with it, because it could be worse.

She also likes a bit of country. Ugh.

Her taste in music is listenable, because we also like some of the same regular rock bands.

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #1070 on: 3 July 2009, 18:04:12 »

While I'll listen to mostly anything, I'm in a bit of a hip-hop phase currently. My proximity to Minneapolis gives me a virtual cornicopia of underground artists to pick from, who led me to other, non-local artists, and so on.

Em hates hip-hop.

There are actually very few bands we agree upon, now that I think about it.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1071 on: 3 July 2009, 19:16:51 »

While browsing through all The Prodigy I downloaded, I found a new theme song for myself, like if I had my own MegaMan stage how Mike did with Phantom Pt. 2:

Stand Up - The Prodigy

AlexThePenguin
Super Robot

« Reply #1072 on: 3 July 2009, 21:28:11 »

[Evanessence stuff]

I find this interesting.

I enjoy Evanessence... until Ms. Lee starts singing. Then, I get an instant, debilitating headache. I'm absolutely not joking, either.

Ray used to play lots of it. There's just something that my body and/or mind can't handle about her singing. It's just an instant drain of energy and the kind of headache I otherwise associate with exhaustion.

It's odd, nevertheless. No other music does this to me. It happens to friends of mine, too.

That's nice, dear.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1073 on: 4 July 2009, 01:04:26 »

*shrugs*

I liked The Open Door more than Fallen. I guess that's just me. Though Fallen was clearly more catchy, unique, and solid. So yeah, it's a better album as a whole. There's just stuff I like in the newer one better, and the tour for it was really good--I got free box seats for when they were here. Though it wasn't something you jump around at.

But yes Evanescence definitely folded after The Open Door.

I enjoy Evanessence... until Ms. Lee starts singing.

Since she sings in every song I don't see why you even said that part.
I'm just being nitpicky, I guess. I'm in an odd mood between work and relaxing.

While I'll listen to mostly anything, I'm in a bit of a hip-hop phase currently. My proximity to Minneapolis gives me a virtual cornicopia of underground artists to pick from, who led me to other, non-local artists, and so on.

Em hates hip-hop.

There are actually very few bands we agree upon, now that I think about it.

My favourite Minnesota act is Atmosphere. But that's really the only Minnesota act I know.
It would be nice if someone other than I knew of their stuff here.

While browsing through all The Prodigy I downloaded, I found a new theme song for myself, like if I had my own MegaMan stage how Mike did with Phantom Pt. 2:

Stand Up - The Prodigy

Yeah that song is off Invaders Must Die. It's good. As is the whole album.
I think the song is too epic for a character's theme though.

Oh yah I have to talk about the MSTRKRFT concert I went to on Tuesday, but I'll do it later.

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #1074 on: 4 July 2009, 02:05:02 »

My favourite Minnesota act is Atmosphere. But that's really the only Minnesota act I know.

Other good MN acts include:

Brother Ali
Eyedea & Abilities
P.O.S.
The New Congress (a little more R&B but a #####ing amazing live show)
Heiruspecs (personal favorite)

There's good stuff out of Columbus Ohio as well, including:

Illogic
Blueprint
Soul Position

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1075 on: 4 July 2009, 02:21:26 »

Oh I didn't know Brother Ali was from Minnesota. He's pretty dope. I've only heard like "2nd Time Around" but I listen to it all the time and I'm into it. I was going to buy an album of his but I had other stuff to get first, so he's still on the list.

I like the name "Heiruspecs".

AlexThePenguin
Super Robot

« Reply #1076 on: 4 July 2009, 09:09:14 »

Since she sings in every song I don't see why you even said that part.
I'm just being nitpicky, I guess. I'm in an odd mood between work and relaxing.

I'm saying that I like the instrumentation and musicality, but that the problem is specifically with Amy Lee.

That's nice, dear.
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #1077 on: 11 July 2009, 12:32:07 »

Recent music purchases:

36 Crazyfists "The Occulus"
Anti-Flag "The People or the Gun"
Anti-Flag "Which Side Are You On? EP"
Bad Religion "New Maps of Hell (Deluxe)"
Blink-182 "The Mark, Tom, and Travis Show (The Enema Strikes Back!)" (live album)
Art Farmer "Gentle Eyes"
Michael Giacchino "Star Trek soundtrack"
NoFX "Coaster"
Pennywise "Reason to Believe"
Rancid "Let the Dominoes Fall (Expanded)"
Sly and the Family Stone "Stand!"
Sly and the Family Stone "The Woodstock Experience" (a recording of their set that they played at Woodstock)

I'm glad to see Anti-Flag bounce back after "Bright Lights of America"...that wasn't a terrible album, it just wasn't them. I must say that I was very impressed with Pennywise's latest - I only had a few cuts from various punk comps, and then they released the album for free to those who followed them on MySpace. I downloaded it, forgot it, and then finally listened to it last week...great enough that I went off and bought it.

I probably won't be hitting up the record store any time soon, but if I do, my next purchases will probably be thenewno2's album and The Vines' latest.

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1078 on: 15 July 2009, 03:53:51 »

MSTRKRFT

OK so I was supposed to talk about MSTRKRFT concert I went to on the 30th. It was AMAZING. First of all, DJ Kid SL opened for them and was really sick. Sick enough that by the time MSTRKRFT actually came on we were already tired!

MSTRKRFT themselves were SO awesome. We were right up close to them pretty much and they played such amazing stuff. They did a version of their song "Heartbreaker" that turned it from a chillout slow track into a hard house hype song! I've been trying to find a download for it ever since. When they played "Bounce" the crowd--obviously--went INSANE. At one point during the song I jumped up real high and JFK pointed right at me! I fell back down to the ground feeling very awesome and acknowledged. Much like when I was in Toronto for the The Prodigy concert, I was jumping around enough and dehydrated enough and sweaty enough that I thought I was going to die but didn't really mind it because it was a blast.

Much unlike the The Prodigy concert, however, MSTRKRFT didn't only spin their own stuff. Off the top of my head, they had "D.A.N.C.E." by Justice, "One More Time" by Daft Punk, AND "Warp" by The Bloody Beetroots (feat. Steve Aoki)! And more!

It was SO good.

Ice Cube

Oh yah. No big deal. I just saw #####ing Ice Cube live today at Bluesfest! He had an earlier than general, which is why I'm already back. I also didn't want to stay for any of the acts. I don't know stuff by them. I didn't care to see Our Lady Peace at 9:30. The Yardbirds had started on another stage during Ice Cube's set anyway, so whatever.

Ice Cube was really great. Good mix of the newer stuff and stuff from the early 90's. As usual, some guy had to act a fool and ran across the stage and security kicked his ass, but everyone thought it was awesome; Even Cube. He was laughing pretty good. Saw the cops take out a couple of guys near me too, at one point, haha.

Really good "Today Was A Good Day" and "Check Yourself", and "Straight Outta Compton" was combined with "##### The Police" pretty well (though the cops were around at that time (smell of skunk) so people were a bit more quiet). Also I hadn't heard all of the newer stuff but I liked it all, and he slowed down "Why We Thugs" a bit more than normal which was cool. Audience participation for "You Can Do It" was good, if not obvious.

I got some decent photos of it and a video too. I had a good time though it was expensive since we didn't stay for the other various shows all around.

MOX
Robot Master

« Reply #1079 on: 15 July 2009, 17:31:06 »

megajealous
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1080 on: 15 July 2009, 21:27:55 »

I need to, you know, go to some goddamn concerts.

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #1081 on: 16 July 2009, 09:39:34 »

Me too. I've seen a grand total of one performance. That was Andre Rieu and his Johann Strauss Orchestra, who stopped by Vancouver a few years ago. It was a great show with fantastic music, but it's not exactly what most people would brag about.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1082 on: 16 July 2009, 18:52:20 »

I wish it was the Johann Krauss Orchestra.
That would be ectoplasmic!

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #1083 on: 17 July 2009, 05:07:15 »

I snagged the new Eyedea & Abilities album.

I feel like crying.

The days of First Born are clearly gone.

I can't believe we waited 5 years for this.
« Last Edit: 17 July 2009, 05:17:22 by Edgecrusher » Logged

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1084 on: 20 July 2009, 00:39:58 »

I need to, you know, go to some goddamn concerts.

They are great.

Ice Cube was at Bluesfest here, and the annoying thing about that is also at this year's Bluesfest (but on different days so I couldn't go on one pass) was KISS, and Lynyrd Skynyrd along with some other acts I'd see (but don't really know or care about). So as much as I wanted to see KISS, and Skynyrd, I had to choose Cube since none of my friends seemed to want to go to the rest. Saw some photos of KISS on Facebook and it looks like I missed a good show, but it was too expensive for me to go multiple days. Argh.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1085 on: 20 July 2009, 03:18:16 »

Two of my friends went to a Beyonce concert last night. They apparently called me at the last minute to invite me, but my phone wasn't on me and I didn't get the call.

So.

Like.

#####.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #1086 on: 26 July 2009, 00:07:22 »

Two of my friends went to a Beyonce concert last night. They apparently called me at the last minute to invite me, but my phone wasn't on me and I didn't get the call.

So.

Like.

#####.

Your phone SAVED you.

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1087 on: 26 July 2009, 00:50:31 »

I don't care about Beyonce at all but I'd still go to the concert just for the fun of it.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1088 on: 26 July 2009, 08:13:25 »

Apparently this Béyonce tour is pretty #####ing epic actually. I've seen clips and photos.

While I don't like concert collectors I'd go to a Sasha Fierce Béyonce concert for the fun of it too. And I'm not a fan,  and even less of a fan of her character, but I don't see what's so wrong with her that Alec's phone "saved him".

saldite
Sniper Joe

« Reply #1089 on: 27 July 2009, 02:44:43 »

Right, so I've been listening to Daft Punk quite a bit as of late, and, on whim, I went into town today and bought their Homework album.

I have to say that this is one of my best musical investments in a while.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1090 on: 27 July 2009, 02:48:35 »

It's not like I was invited to a Jonas Brothers concert or something.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1091 on: 27 July 2009, 03:03:07 »

I only really like one song by Daft Punk that I've heard.

I'd hear more but it's a headache trying to force myself to try each individual song.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1092 on: 27 July 2009, 05:09:41 »

Right, so I've been listening to Daft Punk quite a bit as of late, and, on whim, I went into town today and bought their Homework album.

I have to say that this is one of my best musical investments in a while.

Get "Alive 2007". And "Human After All".

saldite
Sniper Joe

« Reply #1093 on: 27 July 2009, 05:28:56 »

Right, I'll look into those, Mike.

This is a style of music I'm quite unfamiliar with, so I have to bother to ask, but are there any artists musically similar to Daft Punk that I may want to check out?
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1094 on: 27 July 2009, 06:03:14 »

You mean electronic, i.e. the same genre, or actually similar. Because there's lots that similar just because people copy their idols.

But just to start off, some good electro;

-Justice
-The Prodigy
-MSTRKFT
-Boys Noize
-Tiesto
-Overseer
-Benny Benassi
-Delerium

That should give you a range of different styles for now, though I'm only expertly versed in some of those.

saldite
Sniper Joe

« Reply #1095 on: 27 July 2009, 06:54:35 »

Thanks, Mike.

I've been listening to quite a bit of whom you've mentioned, and I haven't encountered anything I've thought to be terrible yet.

I've been particularly enjoying MSTRKRFT, Boys Noize, Benny Benassi, and Overseer.
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #1096 on: 20 August 2009, 04:44:50 »

Midnight Juggernauts are pretty wicked.

Tombstone

This would go great with some drugs.

LOL BANDWAGON
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #1097 on: 20 August 2009, 04:46:37 »

Catchy. Nice video.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #1098 on: 20 August 2009, 23:30:04 »

Oh yeah. Among my birthday presents were Michael Jackson's "Thriller 25" album (the one from 2008 with all the Thriller tracks, unreleased stuff, and 2008 remixes), The Chemical Brothers' "The Brotherhood" (a big album of singles and Electronic Battle Weapons 1 through 10), but most importantly I got THOSE HEADPHONES I WANTED!

Except in black. Or rather a very dark grey. But I don't mind not having them in white, because these were pretty much the last pair in the city. And they're great.

Botba
Noob

« Reply #1099 on: 25 August 2009, 23:10:07 »

right now im lisining to through the wind:Quick mans theme with in the wind(from megaman zxa)(not quick mans theme)

if you dont have a clock, ITS PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 » Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : Matricians: Show your Music!
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string