MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
27 April 2024, 08:03:49
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : What game are you playing?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 » Print
Author Topic: What game are you playing?  (Read 1188252 times)
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #2950 on: 23 November 2010, 07:00:49 »

is there a bramble level

ACTUALLY DON'T ANSWER THAT

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #2951 on: 23 November 2010, 07:08:48 »

If there is a bramble level it had better feature a Stickerbrush Symphony remix :O
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #2952 on: 23 November 2010, 15:09:22 »

There are a LOT of remixed old tunes in here. They used a lot of the old music as templates.

As for a bramble level:
[spoiler]Unfortunately, no, but you probably won't even mind.[/spoiler]

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #2953 on: 24 November 2010, 03:50:14 »

DKC seems like such old classic themed games, that seeing this new Donkey Kong Country felt a bit out of place, or at least like DKC3.

DKC seemed like a real spin off of Donkey Kong's world and provided a great graphical adventure.

DKC2 was SUPERB with it's fantastic soundtrack, enemies, worlds, and darker spin on the whole series. It seems much more action packed and adventure themed when everything just gets a major serious overhaul!

And DKC3 just felt like it let that down. We still had a great graphical environment, but everything just felt way beyond "cartoony". The trailer of this game felt like a mix of that and the original DKC.

I hope it's much better than what I'm expecting.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #2954 on: 24 November 2010, 04:33:16 »

I will say that this one wasn't as atmospheric or brilliantly dark as DKC2, but the gameplay is just as tight - maybe tighter, if you don't have a problem with the motion controls.

They sampled a lot of music from the originals, which goes a LONG way in helping this game feel as well-defined and unique as those ones were, and the silhouette levels are on par with some of the most creative stuff you saw in DKC2. Minecart levels are plentiful and great.

It IS a bit cartoony - the Tiki enemies in particular seem a bit off-putting at first - but you get over that immediately. Somehow the mood from the originals really carries over here.

The biggest (only) complaint I have is the absence of the Kremlings, though I think that might have something to do with the legal ramifications of Rare's departure from Nintendo. This also explains the lack of most other Kongs and animal friends.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #2955 on: 24 November 2010, 10:32:06 »

The absence of Kremlings while sad, will not deter me from this game.

I think this game is excellent and the level designs are brilliant and sometimes evil.  (Looking at you Level 2 - K).  I'm loving every minute of this game so far. 

My only complain, abiet a small one is that it was uneccessary to us waggle controls for some of DK's actions.  But even then it's not really that bad. 

I'd say this is my absolute favorite Donkey Kong Country game.  Yes the Nostalgia goggles came off.  I love this more than DKC2.  Deal with it.
Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #2956 on: 24 November 2010, 16:27:35 »

Kremlings were never particularly good.

Everything I've seen about DKCR looks decent to me.

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #2957 on: 24 November 2010, 22:58:32 »

The Kremlings were just a typical bad guy that could take on different shapes and forms. You had the plain type, the buff types, the crawling types, and much more to the gang. Kinda like how Mario had different types of Koopas, only more diverse. It was good.

I don't know if I'll try this game out.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #2958 on: 24 November 2010, 23:14:36 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAkn0ORDxUc

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #2959 on: 25 November 2010, 00:16:05 »

I just watched stage 1 of a playthrough, and it seems alright. It really feels more like a new Donkey Kong game with just generic enemies than it feels like a branch off of the old DKC though. There are some similarities, but it's pretty different. Diddy doesn't seem to be a real playable character, and now resorts to being a helper like Kazooie is to Banjo. I imagine that means no more two-player team games, but I'm personally okay with that. Especially since Diddy gets a jet-pack and becomes more of an enhancement to gameplay than being just an extra character and piece of health. Besides all that, it still looks pretty fun and maintains that classic DKC gameplay, which really isn't that hard to screw up anyway.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #2960 on: 25 November 2010, 00:39:10 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAkn0ORDxUc

CHILDHOOD TV MODE ACTIVATE
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #2961 on: 25 November 2010, 01:31:35 »

Chaos, Diddy is fully playable in 2-player mode, which is like a better version of the multiplayer in NSMBW.

He's only an enhancement when you're playing 1-player, allowing you to use the jetpack - plus give you additional health - when you have him with you.

I know it looks different and new and like it's throwing away all the old stuff - that's EXACTLY what I thought and why I was worried. Then I played it. The best moments are when things like bouncy tires show up or when you start a level like one of the Factory ones and the old memories come flooding back, but it really is a polished game that is both its own new thing and a genuine successor to the old games.

Trust me. I had apprehension, too, and according to what you're saying... my worries were exactly the same as yours.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #2962 on: 25 November 2010, 02:09:55 »

I'm not actually worried, I trust Nintendo. The best way I can describe it is... it's not REALLY Donkey Kong Country because a lot of things are missing, but because the gameplay looks just like how it should be and it does look like a genuine Donkey Kong platforming game, that really doesn't matter. Like, at all.

This is all based on looks. I've yet to play it.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #2963 on: 25 November 2010, 03:02:06 »

I played DKCR at a store for a little while a couple of days ago.
Since I only played Donkey Kong Land (well, I've played most of them, but that's the only one I beat), I don't get as much nostalgia from it.

I think it's better than the old games.
Do I want to buy it?  Not really.  Maybe if I had a source of income.
But not really.
Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #2964 on: 25 November 2010, 03:18:41 »

i don't like monkeys ???

will I like this game??
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #2965 on: 25 November 2010, 03:29:11 »

Anyway I really don't like the look of the silhouette levels. I mean the style is okay. But I worry about the platforming aspect where I see the actual platforms being obscured.

I had to deal with Commando Man's stage in Mega Man 10 just now and I was not overly impressed. I was using the Proto Coil to keep myself oriented in a hell of sand.

(I'm definitely getting the game one way or another. I won't be able to help myself at this point.)

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #2966 on: 25 November 2010, 12:03:59 »

WHY ARE YOU EVEN QUESTIONNING DKCR?

GET IT!  IT IS THE BEST PLATFORMER I HAVE PLAYED EVER!  THIS GAME EASILY BLOWS NSMBWII OUT OF THE WATER!  I HAVE NEVER HAD SO MUCH FUN IN A PLATFORMER IN ALL MY LIFE!

BUY THE GAME!  BUY TWO COPIES OF THE GAME!  IT'S THAT GREAT!
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #2967 on: 25 November 2010, 13:29:58 »

But it's monkeys.
White Shadow
Matrix Marine

« Reply #2968 on: 25 November 2010, 17:42:23 »

I'm not actually worried, I trust Nintendo.

Still?

White Shadow
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #2969 on: 25 November 2010, 21:49:32 »

Xero, stop yelling. You're hurting my feelings.

I'm going to get it. I'm just playing other things right now. I have a lot of games I haven't finished and thus I haven't bought anything for like several months and I'm quite happy with that decision because I'm not spending like a lunatic. I really need to watch my spending. I have a lot of money but it defeats the purpose of saving if I wanna have a home in the near future.

On the other hand, there are a lot of stuff for Nintendo coming that I can't not get. Kirby isn't one of them, though I hear it's a great game, just not for me. I might go back and get Kirby's Adventure instead. I'll save money and get what's probably a tougher, more enjoyable experience.
Actually, to anyone who knows better, should I get Dream Land 3 or Kirby's Adventure?

As for right now I finally beat Final Fantasy IV, and I'm looking forward to 3DS remakes of the next Final Fantasy games.

And I'm going back to play my DS Castlevania games.

I'm also getting a lot of enjoyment out of Mega Man 10 as Proto Man, which has added length to the game through my sheer inability to learn fast enough to not get several game overs. I'm not sure if using Proto Man will teach me any bad habits for when I'm playing as Mega Man, or if it won't matter because I'll take so much less damage. We'll find out.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #2970 on: 25 November 2010, 23:46:49 »

I beat Fable 3. It's a really short game, and really easy. I had to TRY to die to actually die in combat, and the death penalty is literally nothing, you just stand up.
It's got some cool and fun side quests though and it's a fun place to explore.

Now I'm playing Black Ops, which I'm borrowing from the same friend who let me borrow Fable 3.

We've been playing the new Naruto Shippuuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 game, it's a pretty fun combat game, albeit simple.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #2971 on: 26 November 2010, 05:27:41 »

I'm not actually worried, I trust Nintendo.

Still?

Well, yeah. For the most part anyway. Most of the time I'm satisfied with their stuff, unlike Capcom for example.

WHY ARE YOU EVEN QUESTIONNING DKCR?

GET IT!  IT IS THE BEST PLATFORMER I HAVE PLAYED EVER!  THIS GAME EASILY BLOWS NSMBWII OUT OF THE WATER!  I HAVE NEVER HAD SO MUCH FUN IN A PLATFORMER IN ALL MY LIFE!

BUY THE GAME!  BUY TWO COPIES OF THE GAME!  IT'S THAT GREAT!

I would like to note that I was so totally going to buy NSMBW until I played it at Gamestop, didn't like it compared to the DS version, and thus decided against that. Basically, that's not really saying much. I'd probably rather rent this or something.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #2972 on: 26 November 2010, 14:53:57 »

I beat Fable 3. It's a really short game, and really easy. I had to TRY to die to actually die in combat, and the death penalty is literally nothing, you just stand up.
It's got some cool and fun side quests though and it's a fun place to explore.

Even though it was a mediocre game... I'd do anything to bring Walter back... Even if it means...

Sacrificing all of ya'll!  >:(
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #2973 on: 26 November 2010, 15:35:52 »

Walter is the man.
I need to have an evil play-through.

I made the choice earlier on to kill the chick with bouncy hair.
I regret it.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #2974 on: 29 December 2010, 20:23:29 »

I recently beat the new Medal of Honor game. Definitely a game worth checking out; I wish that they had just given it a little bit more polish before they released it. The comparisons between Modern Warfare 2 and the new Medal of Honor are stupid, and I honestly got more of a reaction out of Medal of Honor. Then again, the biggest reaction I got out of Modern Warfare 2 was "#####ING #####, MY 360 JUST RED-RINGED!"

I'm currently playing Alan Wake when my girlfriend is around because she's been bugging me about it (she doesn't want to play, she just wants to watch). I'm not sure what game I'll play next. Maybe Enslaved.

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #2975 on: 29 December 2010, 23:41:23 »

Enslaved has shoddy controls.
I've been PC gaming, everything installed I play at least occasionally.
Also been playing Modern Warfare 2 online with my brother, who is in the army. He's horrible. Makes for good cannon fodder tho. Look: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=7870274&l=cff7573f2a&id=540196030

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #2976 on: 30 December 2010, 17:58:37 »

Playing Dead Rising 2. Fun stuff, the co-op is glitchy as hell though, everytime someone saves the guest gets kicked out of the game, it's very annoying and it's making my friend and I hardly save, so then when something goes wrong we have to redo an hour of ##### we did.

The worst part is the game has been out 3 months and this hasn't been fixed... ugh.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #2977 on: 30 December 2010, 20:12:23 »

Get it on PC, lol.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #2978 on: 31 December 2010, 02:37:48 »

I've added ya on Steam, John. Didn't realize that you had an account. >_O

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #2979 on: 31 December 2010, 05:44:48 »

Yeah, confirmed the request.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #2980 on: 10 January 2011, 05:30:22 »

Just beat 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors.

My brain melted. Play this game. I absolutely loved it.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #2981 on: 10 January 2011, 22:39:39 »

Just beat 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors.

My brain melted. Play this game. I absolutely loved it.

THIS.  Nine Hours Nine Persons Nine Doors is #####ing GOD TIER.  The game's plot is one of the best I've seen in ages and all the bad endings actually serve a purpose to unlock.  The dialog is fantastic and the localization in general is amazing.  Top notch quality.  If you enjoy visual novels or just games with amazing plots and characters this game is a must buy.  DO IT NOW!

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #2982 on: 11 January 2011, 00:17:49 »

Too wordy and the words go far too slowly :(

But still good.

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #2983 on: 7 February 2011, 09:18:35 »

Have any of you guys played Amnesia: The Dark Descent?

It looks friggin' terrifying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loSzpvq73FY
This video is really loud and sweary, but it's hilarious. It's like the perfect ad for the game.

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #2984 on: 7 February 2011, 09:50:42 »

##### someone found me an MMO that I actually like. This is a problem.
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #2985 on: 7 February 2011, 13:54:05 »

yeah, someone got me back into RO a couple of days ago and that is really a problem

Have any of you guys played Amnesia: The Dark Descent?

It looks friggin' terrifying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loSzpvq73FY
This video is really loud and sweary, but it's hilarious. It's like the perfect ad for the game.

Hilarious indeed.
I'm almost tempted to play it just from this.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #2986 on: 7 February 2011, 22:02:07 »

I want it.

Posted on: February 07, 2011, 02:19:06 PM

I just played the demo.

##### THAT.

Scurry ;_;

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #2987 on: 8 February 2011, 05:26:06 »

In that case, if you're still interested in the overall experience, you could watch Lanipator from TeamFourStar play it. I saw one or two short segments while trying not to ruin the story for myself, and he's a really funny guy. His complete lack of fear of the game will keep you calm.

I intend to play this game, however. No matter how scared it makes me.

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #2988 on: 8 February 2011, 12:56:56 »

Lanipator, eh?
Now I'm torn between watching that and playing the game.
But I may as well try out the demo.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #2989 on: 8 February 2011, 13:25:44 »

It's sickeningly unstable, too.
It crashed 5 times on me in the hour I played it.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #2990 on: 8 February 2011, 19:04:44 »

Have you determined why it would do that? I mean, that's pretty random and I doubt there's anything wrong with your computer.

It didn't crash at all for me.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #2991 on: 8 February 2011, 23:25:38 »

I donno. I had maxed settings and was holding 45-60fps.

It stopped crashing as often after I turned off SSAO.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #2992 on: 9 February 2011, 04:13:25 »

What a bitch PC. "I'm too awesome for even recently developed games."

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #2993 on: 9 February 2011, 13:43:47 »

All for $550.

My card isn't strong on shadows and shaders. I need to upgrade it soon.

Alekta
Noob

« Reply #2994 on: 14 February 2011, 10:03:23 »

I play lots of different games, currently...

The Sims (the first one), Samurai Warriors 3 for the Wii (love co-op with Ares), Scribblenauts, Megaman Zero, Oblivion (and the spawn game Nehrim), Chrono Trigger, Spore, Pokemon HeartGold, Okami (love that game), and Animal Crossing Wild World.

Go between them often, got most time logged in Oblivion and Okami. Chrono Trigger was my first video game ever, and I don't think I will ever stop playing it for good. Currently own it for every platform it was ever out for.

Ares and I beat Fallout New Vegas not long after it came out, was rather disappointed. I don't know why I didn't expect it since Obsidian Entertainment/Bethesda Softworks games I have played have all been filled with crashes and glitches that needed the moding community to fix.

Oh, but I rant. I might try it again once the modding community has somethings that interest me. Dunno, though, with Skyrim in the future I might just wait...I should start replaying Morrowind now that we have a better screen situation. Oblivion spoils me with the voice acting, so I don't have to read anything. Nehrim is cool, though, since ALL the voice acting is in German. Very immersive.
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #2995 on: 14 February 2011, 14:06:03 »

Oh god going back to play Morrowind now is an exercise in self torture without some mod to completely change the leveling system.  Same thing for Oblivion and Fallout now that I think about it.

That is the good thing about Bethesda games... there are more mods than you'll ever need, and there's almost always something right for you after a while.

I'm still waiting for a Fist of the North Star mod for New Vegas.

uh but right now i'm still going through Dragon Quest IX and somebody got me back on Ragnarok Online so I may die of starvation here at some point
Alekta
Noob

« Reply #2996 on: 14 February 2011, 20:36:03 »

Changing the leveling in Oblivion is something I don't even think about, I just always get the mod. I forget which mod I liked, I know there is an exp one I never tried that Nehrim uses. I think the one I use is Kobus Character Advancement System.

Oh Ares and I joke that Bethesda doesn't make games, they make engines. That's why I'll never get a console version. Who will fix all the stuff they messed up? The mod community is awesome, though I was sad the lack of good companion mods in Oblivion verses how many there were for Morrowind. I assume the voice acting made them less interested.

Also, used to play RO with Ares. I only have a laptop with a touch pad and I found control... Awkward.
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #2997 on: 15 February 2011, 01:36:36 »

I'm currently playing Serious Sam HD. Tomorrow though - Marvel vs. Capcom 3!

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #2998 on: 15 February 2011, 02:44:10 »

I want ittttttt but don't have much expendable income for a while.

My girlfriend picked me up Batman: Arkham Asylum for PC today, it was on sale on Steam for $7.50.
Can't resist that.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #2999 on: 16 February 2011, 03:29:32 »

I'm currently playing Dragon Age: Origins off and on at home. It's... way too #####ing slow paced. It's alright, I guess, but it takes too long to micromanage and it's a bit too much like an MMO for not-an-MMO.

Also I can't get Blood Dragon armor because my friend lent it to me. Lametown.

At my girlfriend's we started playing Donkey Kong Country Returns, which is pretty good. But 2 players is way easier than 1 player, since Diddy is basically easy mode.

Also been playing a bit of Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 and every once in a while go back to Red Dead Redemption and other stuff you can just play without having to be stuck for 72 hours in item management menus..

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 » Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : What game are you playing?
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string