MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
27 April 2024, 14:00:14
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : What game are you playing?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 » Print
Author Topic: What game are you playing?  (Read 1188502 times)
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #3700 on: 9 April 2019, 23:45:01 »

There's a music bug in FF9 that I read about and that alone stopped me from getting it for Switch. Music is such a big deal especially in early FF games, and I have this thing about buying a game if I know it can't possibly be the definitive, most perfect version of itself.

The whole thing put me off buying ports of anything Final Fantasy related. I might never play FF9 unless I get it on PC and mod it or something, which might be a shame because I heard it's the best of at least the three PSX games.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3701 on: 10 April 2019, 14:28:29 »

All the Final Fantasys being digital only on Switch stopped me from buying any of them on Switch.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #3702 on: 12 April 2019, 17:24:39 »

Finished Mother 3 recently. I have some games on the go but haven't had much time to really play anything lately D:

I'll be picking up The Messenger around easter though, in the mood for some platforming.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #3703 on: 14 April 2019, 21:28:07 »

Xbox Spring Sale has started. I picked up Battlefield: Hardline, Grand Theft Auto 5, and ReCore.

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #3704 on: 23 April 2019, 20:25:22 »

I'm playing Cuphead and The Messenger.

Good times, both are funnier than expected.

LCrazy11
Sniper Joe

« Reply #3705 on: 26 April 2019, 22:55:00 »

found cod:black ops at CEX for £5, grabbed it and i am very glad the campaign was not spoiled for me

dun dun dun dun dun dun dun (mmx3 opening tune intensifies)
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #3706 on: 28 April 2019, 00:33:49 »

Cuphead is crazy hard! I think it may actually be tougher co-op for the run and gun stages, due to whoever is in front having less screen view.

And COD:BlOps has an excellent campaign. I think the best one in a COD game.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3707 on: 29 April 2019, 13:43:51 »

Cuphead isn't hard to beat, but it's hard to perfect.  I'm on Inkwell Island 3 and the bosses in general aren't really difficult, but if you want that A+ (or S depending on what level of difficulty you're playing), then it can be very tricky.

Now getting the P ranks however, that's a pain.
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #3708 on: 30 April 2019, 20:29:38 »

Cuphead isn't hard to beat, but it's hard to perfect.  I'm on Inkwell Island 3 and the bosses in general aren't really difficult, but if you want that A+ (or S depending on what level of difficulty you're playing), then it can be very tricky.

Now getting the P ranks however, that's a pain.

If your pee is rank and painful, you should probably see a doctor. *ba dum tss*

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #3709 on: 8 May 2019, 13:11:45 »

I just got to Inkwell Island 3 and I haven't found the game too hard yet. Especially considering how much people talk about how hard the game is. But as seasoned Mega Man players, we're already attuned to the pattern recognition portion of it.

But you do die a lot, and mostly that's due to what I find the most frustrating: Completely random bull#####. For instance the Grim Matchstick boss fight has completely randomized clouds. Normally that would passable but it gets really #####y during certain parts because you can be playing out of this world and then just get killed by the RNG instead of your skill or lack thereof.

I've noticed more things like this in modern platformers, even Monster Boy had some bats or whatever that a wildly erratic flying arc, and they'd even do it off-screen so during a particularly speedy sequence you could get bopped by a bat out of nowhere.

Might just be me, but that's not something I love in games.
But Cuphead is otherwise stellar.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3710 on: 8 May 2019, 13:42:48 »

I just got to Inkwell Island 3 and I haven't found the game too hard yet. Especially considering how much people talk about how hard the game is. But as seasoned Mega Man players, we're already attuned to the pattern recognition portion of it.

But you do die a lot, and mostly that's due to what I find the most frustrating: Completely random bull#####. For instance the Grim Matchstick boss fight has completely randomized clouds. Normally that would passable but it gets really #####y during certain parts because you can be playing out of this world and then just get killed by the RNG instead of your skill or lack thereof.

I've noticed more things like this in modern platformers, even Monster Boy had some bats or whatever that a wildly erratic flying arc, and they'd even do it off-screen so during a particularly speedy sequence you could get bopped by a bat out of nowhere.

Might just be me, but that's not something I love in games.
But Cuphead is otherwise stellar.

You should be able to slightly offset the randomness with a proper load out.  For him & Rumor Honeybottom, I went with the homing attack rather than the straight pea shooter.  This helped out during his 2nd phase so I only had to concentrate on the little flame assholes who try to jump at me.  On his 3rd phase I went with charge shot weapon as I don't have to worry about accidentally hitting his fireballs that split open and hit me by surprise.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #3711 on: 9 May 2019, 18:51:45 »

Oh well I had already beaten him when I posted that, he was just an example. I used the charge for the most part too, but with the boomerang type thing on the second phase. It really hasn't been a big deal for me, it's just a frustration with modern platformers.

LCrazy11
Sniper Joe

« Reply #3712 on: 22 May 2019, 21:21:44 »

i just played a black ops 1 zombies match on "kino der toten" and to make a long story short

i turned on power
crawly things scared the ##### out of me
i died a lot
got jugger-nog
got a thunder gun
pack-a-punched my thunder gun
and then while i was blasting zombie hordes the other players did something to make a song come on and it was a really cool song and we all died when it ended

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3713 on: 23 May 2019, 22:34:34 »

Just finished up Ace Attorney Trilogy HD and Shadowgate on Switch.  Not sure what to start next.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #3714 on: 24 May 2019, 18:17:19 »

Yo Rez, you're a seasoned Ace Attorney player. Is it worth getting the trilogy on Switch?

Obviously I adore the originals, will be looking for a game to play on my vacation, but I'm not totally sold on the updated look (I actually like the way it was originally animated). Did they significantly change anything that makes it not worth getting though? Haven't played an AA game since DS.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3715 on: 24 May 2019, 19:22:06 »

The graphics and animations are superb!  I can't believe how sharp and crisp everything looks.  It's like an entirely new game.  The Switch and PS4 version of Trilogy HD are the definitive versions of all 3 games.  There's no missing animation or music (that I could find or noticed).  This a far cry from the buggy version on iPhone and 3DS.  If you like the games, these are literal perfection.  Import it from Japan so you can own it physically, you don't want this game to be a digital time bomb.  I got mine from Play Asia, and it's amazing.  It booted right up into the US English version, even on the Switch menu with the right logos and names included.  The only difference is Japanese logos on the case and cart sticker.  I'm probably going to get this for PS4 as well at some point.

Although I honestly don't care for Apollo Justice, I hope we get a Switch/PS4 port of 4 HD, 5 and 6 like this.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #3716 on: 27 May 2019, 16:55:46 »

The Dragon's Lair Trilogy on Xbox One is a cool deal for $20 and is still hard as hell. Animation looks beautiful and it's fun to just watch the "movie" for each game.

LCrazy11
Sniper Joe

« Reply #3717 on: 27 May 2019, 21:00:29 »

i just uploaded some levels onto megamaker, has a topic post thing for that been made yet?

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3718 on: 28 May 2019, 13:13:17 »

If there was it would be in the other Mega Man games forum.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #3719 on: 28 May 2019, 14:12:01 »

Pretty sure ChaosVortex had a Mega Maker thread in the Classic Series forum a couple years ago.

I beat Cuphead on Saturday. It was pretty good but I don't see myself going for 200%. Overall, it's not as tough as the hype claimed it to be which I guess is a good thing. I have no problem with it's length, it felt just right, but because of everyone talking about how hard it is I expected it to take more than 15 hours.

The graphics and animations are superb!  I can't believe how sharp and crisp everything looks.  It's like an entirely new game.  The Switch and PS4 version of Trilogy HD are the definitive versions of all 3 games.  There's no missing animation or music (that I could find or noticed).  This a far cry from the buggy version on iPhone and 3DS.  If you like the games, these are literal perfection.  Import it from Japan so you can own it physically, you don't want this game to be a digital time bomb.  I got mine from Play Asia, and it's amazing.  It booted right up into the US English version, even on the Switch menu with the right logos and names included.  The only difference is Japanese logos on the case and cart sticker.  I'm probably going to get this for PS4 as well at some point.

Although I honestly don't care for Apollo Justice, I hope we get a Switch/PS4 port of 4 HD, 5 and 6 like this.

Great! Sounds like a buy then. It'll be perfect for my time off.

I never played Apollo Justice or the Edgeworth game, so I'm only hoping for remakes just so I can. I know nothing about Apollo other than I like his look.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3720 on: 29 May 2019, 15:45:47 »

It pains me to say it, but Apollo Justice is kind of a ##### game.  Game play wise it's fine for the most part, but it just #####s on so many characters and Apollo is such a weak character in his own game.  There was a lot of behind the scenes stuff with this game that really hurt the final product.  For what it's worth, I personally think they course corrected good and turned the series around for Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice.  Both use Apollo much better, and they do a much better job with Athena than they did with Apollo initially, although she's still a weak character. 

The 2nd trilogy is kind of all over with plot stuff between the 3 games and doesn't really have a satisfying end like the original one.  Most of the stuff in Apollo Justice is more or less just forgotten or rewritten by Spirit of Justice.  Add to that case 3 is the single worst case in the entire series (yeah, 2-3 isn't as bad as people pretend it is, and even if it was 4-3 is a hundred times worse).  And 4-4 is the single worst final case in the series with some complete nonsense that makes no narrative sense and ZERO satisfaction for the final confrontation (not even using the cornered theme).  Prepare yourself for disappointment.

Even with all that said, I'd still play it.  You'll want to so that 5 and 6 make more sense, even if they just toss out a lot of 4's plot (for the better).

Edgeworth's games are good, but 1 is a little rough.  2 is an AMAZING game though.  The only bad part is you'll need to play it on a flash card, mod a DS/3DS to play roms, or emulate it.  Either way, DO IT.  It's easily a contender for best Ace Attorney game.  The fact we never got it officially is a crime.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #3721 on: 29 May 2019, 18:52:37 »

By 2-3 do you mean "Tournabout Big Top"?

I thought that case's turns were really well done, even if the outcome is silly it was a good case gameplay-wise and one of the most memorable ones for me. I had no idea people had an issue with it, but Justice For All is the game I'm most familiar with anyway.

I'll definitely play through the Phoenix Wright stuff and then play the rest though, it's been too long since I played this type of game.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3722 on: 29 May 2019, 22:15:11 »

Yes, 2-3 is Turnabout Big Top.  It's commonly ##### on by the community as the "worst case ever", but as you said, it's really not all that bad.

I need to replay 5 and 6 again since I've only ever played each of those once due to them being digital and me borrowing my friends 3DS to play them.  Now that I have a modded 3DS (which I did ONLY to get Ace Attorney 5 and 6), I may do that.

I hope they do a Switch port of 4, 5 and 6 with the HD version of 4.  It would likely have dual languages on it given history.  I'd like to own 5 and 6.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #3723 on: 6 June 2019, 04:02:48 »

I agree with Rez on pretty much everything he said about Ace Attorney.

Recently I replayed Apollo Justice, and while I didn't hate it nearly as much as I remembered hating it, I still didn't like the amount of times Apollo gets his spotlight stolen in his own game.

Spirit of Justice was really great though.

The Ace Attorney Trilogy port on PS4/Switch is really nice. Aside from the obvious graphic and UI enhancements, they also implemented the investigation checkmarks from the more recent games, so you already know what you've investigated in that area. It makes reading every little random piece of dialogue a bit easier to without accidentally examining the same thing again.

And my favorite thing? Being able to save anytime without being booted to the title screen.

I also liked 2-3.  It had some nonsense, but overall it was entertaining.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3724 on: 6 June 2019, 14:55:07 »

My only real complaint is I wish they'd let you select which section of the case to start from like the newer games.  Sometimes I'd just like to start on the last section of the last trial day on cases like 1-4, 1-5, or 2-4 instead of having to play the ENTIRE case to get there.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3725 on: 19 June 2019, 12:27:37 »

This is the first time I've played the first mana game due to the collection.  Why didn't I play this sooner?  It's really good.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3726 on: 19 June 2019, 19:58:22 »

Secret of Mana?  Yeah, it's a great RPG.  It has a few issues on hit detection, but otherwise it's amazing with an amazing 90s Square OST.

Posted on: 20 June 2019, 00:56:12

I'm like 7 hours into  Bloodstained Ritual of the Night, and I LOVE it.  It's got a few little issues but it's pretty much exactly what I wanted (minus the 2.5D direction).  This is the polar opposite of MN9.  Everyone should pick up a copy of Bloodstained if they like Castlevania or Metroidvanias.  This might just be Iga's best game ever.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3727 on: 19 June 2019, 21:04:30 »

I've played Secret of Mana before.  I'm talking about the gameboy one. 

The first one for the SNES is a classic.  Can't wait to try trials out.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3728 on: 19 June 2019, 21:42:55 »

Ah I see what you meant.  I'll be interested to play 3 as well even though I have a fan translation for it (I just haven't got to it yet).

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #3729 on: 22 June 2019, 10:32:34 »

For the first time ever I played through the campaign of Advance Wars.

I remember playing Dual Strike when I was in high school and honestly being too dumb to figure out the proper strategies and I couldn't pass a certain mission involving nuking some blimp, but with this game today almost the entire thing felt like a tutorial. So now I'm playing the hard mode. It's great. I like how straightforward the rankings are for each mission so I know generally where I can improve (mostly with how many turns I take to beat a mission).
I'll probably eventually play the other Advance Wars games, including the DS titles, and then probably move on to Fire Emblem. I feel like I missed out on a lot of turn based strategy games. I mainly only played FF Tactics (which I love).

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
LCrazy11
Sniper Joe

« Reply #3730 on: 27 June 2019, 07:21:28 »

feeling masochistic so i might play Mega Man Battle Network 4

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3731 on: 27 June 2019, 16:39:48 »

Just beat Bloodstained Ritual of the Night on PS4.  Game is a 10/10 on it's merits/design/game play/music/atmosphere.  The game is hamstrung by only 2 things. 

First and foremost, no version of the game is really ready for prime time.  The game was clearly still not ready to ship.  It's had major updates and patches.  The Switch version seems to be literally almost unplayable.  PS4 has some glitches here and there and some jankey animations/transitions, but largely seems passable at this point.  These technical snafus insult an amazing game that deserves to be 100% polished in it's presentation and function.  None of it is typical "minor" things all games have.  These are serious systemic issues with how the game was built.  It does a disservice to the game.

Second, the 2.5D design choice.  This is also directly responsible for most of the issues in the first part, no doubt.  2D games never run or work well in 3D engines as they do in a true 2D environment from angles of platforms to collision and hit detection and clipping.  For what it ended up as, it doesn't look too bad visually, but you always wonder, just how much we're missing and how much better it would have looked in 2D.

I hope we get a rerelease of the game once all the patching is done and DLC releases.  Because of the degree of patches and fixes the game has across platforms, none of the physical versions are worth anything without massive downloads to fix them.  As such, we have a case of it's pretty much a digital download with most of the game on the disc to save you some time downloading the game.  That's not acceptable, and far from very minor updates that don't materially affect the game if you never (or are unable to) update.

Overall, this is EXACTLY the game we wanted.  It's pure SOTN Style Castlevania at it's BEST.  It's the best non Castlevania Metroidvania released since the DS trilogy of Castlevania games.  Amazing, amazing game.  If you have a PS4 I'd pick it up now.  Wait on Switch and 360 though as one is in an almost unplayable state and the other is waiting on patches to not break it.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #3732 on: 2 July 2019, 16:19:38 »

Played through the first Ace Attorney again now and the game is just as great as I remember. But I have to say I don't get why people call this art "enhanced" at all.

Truthfully this is minor and the gameplay and story are not effected, but some of this new art is flat out weak. I'm bout to sound way more annoyed than I am, but as an artist in animation I can't ignore the following.

It's not so much that they did a bad job exactly, it's that they did a very basic job and didn't try to improve much: But when you're taking pixel art and converting it to hand drawn that exposes flaws and limitations in the original. Now there's no concept of line weight which makes everyone flatter and creates tangent lines. The shading has this late-90's photoshop airbrush look to it, which contributes to the flatness thing and removes atmosphere.

Both of those issues hurt the animation, specifically the key posing. Going over old animation and converting it like that, you can't be asked to understand the original animator's intent and make a crisp line where there wasn't one before, that happens even in traditional animation if the clean up artist gets something that's drawn too rough, but it's something I wish was polished more because suddenly Lotta Hart looks like she's half-human half-space alien. Her eyes were always... far apart, but the thinner lines make that space seem larger. That's the type of result you should tweak to keep the "feel" true. Gumshoe often looks off and Maya's side pose is brutal. Then there's levelling, it wasn't perfect in the originals as shown with Maya and how they chose to have her eyes overlap her hair, but this was a good time to clean it up.

The whole look actually feels like they fed the old character art through a machine that auto-mapped it into 1x1px lines, and if that's actually true I wouldn't be surprised. Adobe Illustrator has a feature called Live Trace that does that basic thing.

None of this is an issue with backgrounds though, they always looked gorgeous but are even nicer now. Game is still fun as hell but even my girlfriend who only played a bit of Justice For All back in the day looked up at one point and said "I remember these looking better". I wish they had to option to keep the newer UI and features but switch to the old character models, because I truly think the series had better art originally. If anything, from the looks of screenshots the Apollo Justice mobile version hit the mark they were going for here.

For the first time ever I played through the campaign of Advance Wars.

I really miss Advance Wars. I've thought about picking up WarGroove to scratch that itch but... I dunno. I can get fantasy setting tactics from Fire Emblem.

Posted on: 27 June 2019, 18:31:41

MARIO MAKER 2

Loving it, though I really miss amiibo costumes.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3733 on: 2 July 2019, 21:13:58 »

Are you high?  Those aren't redraws, they're scans of the original art.  It looks amazing.  It's clean and crisp.  They didn't add frames from the original sprites either.  No one expected them to.  It's the original game with the actual original art the sprites were made from.  It's hard to believe we're looking at the same thing.

The HD Trilogy on Switch is literally almost perfect outside of outright remaking the games in AA6's engine with 3D models and updating the game play and cases to fit them better, which I wouldn't mind if they did.  But for an HD port, it's pretty much perfect.

Apollo Justice also already had higher resolution art to begin with.  I'm not surprised it looks better, because they have better source material to work with.  I hope we get a Switch port of that as well, with AA5 and 6 added in for a 2nd Trilogy.  Be nice to own a retail version of them, or own them at all since I didn't buy them because they were digital only and ##### Capcom for doing ##### like that.

LCrazy11
Sniper Joe

« Reply #3734 on: 29 August 2019, 18:37:48 »

i got both X legacy collections! enjoying 4, likeing 5 a bit, and i'm breaking 6 with the ultimate armour because in my mind, there are only two reasons to cheat on a game: 1. you beat it fair and square, 2. game bad

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3735 on: 30 August 2019, 16:41:05 »

Dabbling in Collection of Mana now that it's out retail.  Also picked up Metal Wolf Chaos on PS4.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3736 on: 31 August 2019, 00:12:48 »

Trials of Mana is so good.  My team is Duran (Dark/Light), Kevin (Devine Fist) and Hawkeye (Nightblade)  Focus on Physical attacks with scales/chips & Diversions/Techniques/Weapon Smacking bosses.  Tears through any boss with ease.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #3737 on: 3 September 2019, 14:06:51 »

Are you high?  Those aren't redraws, they're scans of the original art.  It looks amazing.  It's clean and crisp.  They didn't add frames from the original sprites either.  No one expected them to.  It's the original game with the actual original art the sprites were made from.  It's hard to believe we're looking at the same thing.

The HD Trilogy on Switch is literally almost perfect outside of outright remaking the games in AA6's engine with 3D models and updating the game play and cases to fit them better, which I wouldn't mind if they did.  But for an HD port, it's pretty much perfect.

Man. It's not personal, it's preference.

Obviously I didn't know they were scans of the original art, but I stand by what I said. From an anatomy and solid-drawing perspective the art was more solid as crunched pixels, though obviously less clean. That applies more to the first game than the others. In fact, Rise From The Ashes has much tighter art in general than the rest of PW:AA in the collection, and looked incredible imo, mainly because it was made later and had better source material. The entire idea of line weight is virtually non-existent in early PW cases and no matter how "crisp" it is that doesn't make up for it. That's like saying something is better because it's in HD. And it being scans of the original art somewhat excuses line issues, but doesn't excuse the softer and less dynamic shading (which I think is the bigger issue, not the line art). None of it is actually bad.... well except that one Maya drawing.

I never mentioned adding frames, so I don't know what you're on about there. My comment about the animation was do to certain poses looking more odd than in the GBA/DS era... I wrongly assumed they lazily tried to draw over the pixel art, that's my bad but in so doing a lot of character art lost volume. I do agree, however, that it's pretty much perfect for an HD remake otherwise. Though I don't see what good making it 2.5D would do.

Apollo Justice also already had higher resolution art to begin with.  I'm not surprised it looks better, because they have better source material to work with.  I hope we get a Switch port of that as well, with AA5 and 6 added in for a 2nd Trilogy.  Be nice to own a retail version of them, or own them at all since I didn't buy them because they were digital only and ##### Capcom for doing ##### like that.

I agree, and that's pretty much what I meant about hitting the AJ mark thing. I think they could have updated the original art a bit.

As I said, I probably came off bothered in that post but I wasn't. I just believe there was opportunity to fix some little mistakes, and literally working in art and animation I can't miss this kind of stuff.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #3738 on: 5 September 2019, 05:38:40 »

posting back on MMM for the first time in ages only to say that i agree with mike that the AA Trilogy art looks muuuuuch worse to me than the originals did and it bugged me the whole time i played

Posted on:  5 September 2019, 05:37:09

also new fire emblem kicked ass, playing astral chain now it's good. how's everyone doing

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3739 on: 5 September 2019, 10:46:15 »

Playing DOOM II on switch right now, Hopefully they'll update it soon as they said they would.  Also Turok 2 as well.  Can't wait for DOOM 64.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3740 on: 5 September 2019, 14:55:59 »

posting back on MMM for the first time in ages only to say that i agree with mike that the AA Trilogy art looks muuuuuch worse to me than the originals did and it bugged me the whole time i played

Posted on:  5 September 2019, 05:37:09

also new fire emblem kicked ass, playing astral chain now it's good. how's everyone doing

You guys are literally blind.  The art looks amazing and crisp, and blows the original DS sprites out of the water.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #3741 on: 5 September 2019, 17:14:26 »

This is hilarious. No one said it didn't look crisp, and I only said it could be even better.

Anwyay that Nintendo Direct was sick, I'm hype as hell for a lot of stuff even though I'd like to cut down on video games so I can focus more on art.

Definitely want to check out Astral Chain too, but so much is going on.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3742 on: 7 September 2019, 01:31:14 »

At least now Switch Online is worth having now with SNES games.  Playing Super Mario World for the billionth time. 

Trials of Mana looks neat, but if it's #####, I can fall back on the original one (which was #####ing godly), Luigi's Mansion 3 looks fun, And Sans as a Mii costume was sheer brillance.  I'm indifferent on Terry's inclusion in smash, but I'm sure he'll be good to play.  And hot damn they did Banjo good with the remixes.  I'm happy.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #3743 on: 7 September 2019, 01:56:25 »

Eh, for me it was worth it already to play some Mario 3.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3744 on: 7 September 2019, 05:21:18 »

The online is awful, and holding a proper virtual console hostage to "add value" to it is disgusting.  We won't be seeing a virtual console on Switch because Nintendo is clearly only offering it's older games as part of it's online service.  Enjoy your access to them depending on Nintendo's whim or the licensing of the 3rd party games.

If they had a proper virtual console where you could buy the games you want normally like on the Wii or Wii U AND just dumped all of them as a bonus for online subscribers, then it would be fine.  But they aren't and they won't.  I think it's painfully clear what their business model is for it.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3745 on: 7 September 2019, 21:06:40 »

Calm down Rez.  Nintendo's no longer doing monthly releases for the thing so hopefully if they want the service to prosper, they'll know what's good for them and do more frequent releases.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3746 on: 9 September 2019, 14:31:30 »

I don't give two #####s if they add every single game ever released on the NES, SNES, GB, GBA, and N64 for their online service tomorrow.  I don't want to rent the #####ing games, I want to BUY them.  I want the option to buy them, not rent.  That's my point, and the fact is they're just adding their old catalogs as rentals tied to their online service INSTEAD of having them available to buy permanently like other digital titles they offer on the eshop or past virtual consoles.

It's not a hard concept to get.  I don't care if they add stuff to the online service to "add value" to it as long as they have a normal virtual console to let us buy the games outright and own them (as much as you can own a digital game).  But they're NOT doing that, they're just dumping ##### onto the online service.  That isn't a substitute for a virtual console.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #3747 on: 11 September 2019, 16:29:32 »

I'm surprised you even like the Virtual Console model at all since it's digital.

I got the online (for $5 CDN) for Splatoon 2 so I'm fine with it, but I understand that at full price it's pretty trash.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3748 on: 11 September 2019, 18:20:50 »

Oh, I don't.  I can tolerate it because I own physical originals for almost all of it.  But between digital and streaming subscription?  It's not even a contest.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #3749 on: 22 September 2019, 17:24:09 »

I keep bouncing between Halo: The Master Chief Collection and LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga. It seems kind of weird - it feels like they botched the port of Episode I, but everything else remains relatively solid. Vehicle sections that aren't on rails still suck though.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 » Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : What game are you playing?
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string