MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
27 April 2024, 09:38:00
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : What game are you playing?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 » Print
Author Topic: What game are you playing?  (Read 1188338 times)
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #3150 on: 14 August 2011, 21:35:15 »

I'm not gonna lie - I bought a MS points card the other day and I've blown a good amount of it on stuff for my avatar...who is now wearing a Green Lantern t-shirt and is playing with a Voltron toy.

I'm a little annoyed with myself, because I forgot that Section 8: Prejudice existed, so I'll probably just pick up Ms. Spolsion Man.

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #3151 on: 16 August 2011, 00:50:31 »

My friend lent me Borderlands.

It's OK.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #3152 on: 16 August 2011, 03:19:45 »

Yeah, that's pretty much what I'd say about it too.

Apparently they announced a sequel or something... not really interested in it though.
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #3153 on: 16 August 2011, 04:08:45 »

Yeah, I didn't care for Borderlands too much. Everything required ten billion bullets and an hour to kill as your health barely drains. Not too interested in the sequel either.

I've been playing a bunch of older games, mostly because I'm on vacation and only brought my DS with me. Playing Final Fantasy VI right now.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #3154 on: 17 August 2011, 04:00:26 »

Burnout Paradise is so much fun. Best racing game I've played, methinks.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #3155 on: 17 August 2011, 05:56:09 »

I got Amnesia and the Penumbra Collection for $33.46 (CAD)!

I'm on Episode II of Penumbra right now. Playing them all up in order.

The first game... not so good.
It didn't have much in the way of explaining anything, but you could draw some conclusions based on the texts you would find. The combat mechanics sucked (you weren't really supposed to engage anything in combat anyway, so keep that in mind),
Some of the puzzles were kind of weird, in the sense that I would give up and use a guide a few times to figure out what to do. (For example I don't understand why you need an ignition key in a remote console to operate a giant moving vehicle...)
Also the atmosphere just lost its touch after a while.
I'll still maintain that it's a good game to introduce people to the engine, especially for people like me who are entirely new to the adventure/survival horror stuff, but if you've already played Amnesia and feel like playing Penumbra, you won't miss much by starting with Black Plague.

The gameplay with Black Plague so far seems just leagues better. There's MUCH more of a sense of danger and a necessity for stealth. The atmosphere is really unnerving. The story is absolutely delightful. Despite that it's completely scientifically implausible, just the concept of what's happening to the main character is so cool to me... I just think it was explained in the wrong way. I Am Legend (the book) described vampires with a compelling science, the same COULD have potentially been done for the Tuurngait, but that's a minor thing anyway.
There's also a character in it that I really like. He makes me laugh, despite (and probably because) he's a huge jerk.
I'm not too far in it because I'm too freaked out to play, so don't take this as my final word yet.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #3156 on: 17 August 2011, 12:46:01 »

Burnout Paradise is so much fun. Best racing game I've played, methinks.

It's one of my favorites. Insane speed, tight control, easy to play and just open.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #3157 on: 17 August 2011, 22:03:37 »

Yeah, I didn't care for Borderlands too much. Everything required ten billion bullets and an hour to kill as your health barely drains. Not too interested in the sequel either.

I've not encountered that at all, but maybe I'm not far enough in.

I have fun playing it, I just recognize it's not amazing.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #3158 on: 18 August 2011, 02:55:07 »

Mike, are you playing on the 360?

Also, the game is totally designed to be played with friends.
Solo, the game is pretty weak.

With 3 other people it's awesome because it scales the enemies to be stronger and you need to use each individual's powers to take them down.

Unless everyone is a soldier, then you just take turns deploying healing turrets.

Or if everyone is Berserker. Thousands of exploding, fire, acid, and electric punches kills anything in the game. Especially if spec'd to heal and have dash punching.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #3159 on: 18 August 2011, 04:20:50 »

360. I originally tried it splitscreen with another friend and it sucked real hard so I suppose you mean it's designed to be played with friends online, which I don't have much interest in. I get that though, but it's not an option for me right now.

It's entertaining enough alone for a borrowed game.

I'm playing as the Siren.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #3160 on: 18 August 2011, 12:20:41 »

She's second best right after soldier, in my opinion, because SMGs are some of the best weapons in the game.

It also works over LAN.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #3161 on: 21 August 2011, 23:07:20 »

Yeah. I never play as "soldier" in anything. It's always the most boring route and it's straight easy mode. I really don't see the appeal.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #3162 on: 22 August 2011, 02:22:40 »

Eh, I used Soldier, since my friends were already using the other guys and apparently nobody wanted the same people running around. Soldier is a great support/medic though.. although of course if you're playing solo there's no point to it.

I went and started a 2nd file solo as a Siren like a year ago and had a blast... up until around the halfway point of the game. Then I got bored and stopped playing.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #3163 on: 22 August 2011, 02:45:58 »

The soldier comment was in general, not specific to Borderlands, yeah. I have a friend who only plays soldier in anything (including Mass Effect) and I just can't wrap my head around it. I mean I GET that it's probably because he's in the military but it still seems like an incredibly boring modality.

I'm currently doing bull##### for Crazy Earl, not sure how far along that is.

SacredFireman
Metall

« Reply #3164 on: 22 August 2011, 06:31:09 »

Currently playing Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep. Played as both Aqua and Terra so far. I collected all the items and did everything for Aqua and am now going back and getting all the same things for Terra before I play as Ventus.

: TheRedPriest
: Ben
What's supposed to be awful about Rockman ZERO? I'd rather call Original Rockman awful.
You may leave this web site now.
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #3165 on: 30 August 2011, 03:36:04 »

Thanks to Hurricane Irene, my apartment didn't have power for two days. My girlfriend, roommate, and I played The Game of Life by candle and flashlight.

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #3166 on: 30 August 2011, 08:17:14 »

I think I've been on the internet too long. The first thing I thought was 'wow, that would take forever without a computer' - but then I remembered you're talking about the actual boardgame Game of Life, not Conway's Game of Life.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #3167 on: 27 September 2011, 04:15:11 »

I got and finished Portal while it was free recently. I'd say hit me up on my new Steam account but I can't add friends yet.

Also got Team Fortress 2, which is lovely.

Been playing the first Phoenix Wright off and on. And my girlfriend and I started playing Pokémon together--I'm playing Fire Red and she's playing Leaf Green. We started watching the old cartoon too for laughs but we'll probably quit that soon as it's not really good.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #3168 on: 10 October 2011, 16:52:59 »

Dark Souls is here, and I am playing it. And it is fully amazing so far. A lot of things were improved from Demon's Souls, even.

I just wish you could invite specific players to your world.

I also finally got a chance to buy Ico/Shadow of the Colossus, the PS3 remake. I tested the disc to make sure it was alright, but I'll get back to it... later.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #3169 on: 10 October 2011, 21:00:14 »

Oh man that's gotta be awesome.

I just played through the new Portal 2 DLC with Majikn last night. Interesting puzzles.

Also been playing Darksiders and the Battlefield 3 beta, which closed today.
And Dirt 3. And Trackmania 2: Canyon.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #3170 on: 10 October 2011, 21:11:38 »

Trackmania 2 is so awesome.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #3171 on: 11 October 2011, 03:05:55 »

I've been trying out this game called APB Reloaded. It's in "beta" still but it's basically like GTA mixed with TF2, in a sense... Massively multiplayer Red vs. Blue GTA/Saints Row style 3rd person shooter, basically. Red team is criminals and Blue team is cops. Mega customizable and pretty cool and Free To Play with few limits that you can pay to remove.

I'm hoping this'll keep me until Saints Row The Third comes out next month, but I might keep playing beyond that if all goes well.

Now, I'm still trying to find a way to make the game NOT lag so much I get plugged by everyone during missions and SUCK, but if anyone's been playing this or is interested I'd roll with youz; My character is an Enforcer (cops) named Collymore, my account is mccollymore.

Also I forgot to mention that my Steam account is mcCOLLYMORE, if anyone wants to play TF2. Though I know I'm late to that party, and I'm not sure if I'll lag there as well or not because I've only been playing bots so far. Still can't add friends because I haven't BOUGHT anything on Steam yet, so I don't know if it'll even work.

Aaannd I've been playing Pokemon FireRed "with" my girlfriend (she's been playing LeafGreen) and naming my Pokemon after Shakespearean characters.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #3172 on: 11 October 2011, 14:23:40 »

I picked up Tony Hawk: Shread for myself and DJ Hero 2 for my girlfriend, as there was a sale the other day over at Big Lots. Scored both games for $16 each - I've wanted to try the latest Tony Hawk games, but there was no way in hell I was going to pay full price for something everyone said was mediocre at best.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #3173 on: 12 October 2011, 05:07:30 »

I love DJ Hero.

ASR, I'm johncarllos on Trackmania 2.

That game is absurdly fun and good challenge.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #3174 on: 12 October 2011, 15:27:57 »

I beat Gears of War 3 last night. Excellent ending to a great trilogy.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #3175 on: 12 October 2011, 17:00:35 »

I thought the ending was a'ight.
Still just typical GEARS.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3176 on: 12 October 2011, 17:48:42 »

Aliens Infestation for DS.  It's not quite the Metroid style adventure I'd read it was, but its not bad, and it's hard.  You can't just shoot and win.  Controls aren't quite what I'd like them to be (specifically not being able to pause to change weapons) but it's still quite playable.  One thing I don't like is the fact you don't have lives persey so much as each team member is kind of like your supply of 1ups.  If you die, another squad member takes over where you dropped dead.  You can "recruit" more marines to fill up you team of 4 but unless you die and lose one, they don't actually join you.  I would have liked to have seen you be able to collect them all and swap your party out.  Also on that note, all the marines play exactly the same and have the same skills and weapons.  It would have been really cool to have some have more health, move faster, be able to use certain weapons etc etc.  I think it would have added a TON of depth.

But all that aside, I think I'd recommend it to anyone who likes Aliens or a good Metroidish type game.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #3177 on: 28 October 2011, 16:22:42 »

I just Platinum Trophy'd Dark Souls and am now moving onto Kirby's Return to Dreamland, which is absolutely fantastic.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #3178 on: 28 October 2011, 16:37:45 »

BATTLEFIELD 3 UP IN THIS BITCH.

Gorgeous game. Been running it maxed out and holding 40fps.
Gonna have to tone it down a bit in bigger levels, but hoooo dog it's nice.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3179 on: 29 October 2011, 02:24:18 »

Kirby's Return to Dreamland.  HOLY ##### BEST KIRBY GAME I EVER PLAYED.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #3180 on: 29 October 2011, 05:04:46 »

You and your hype.

I'm pretty much done with Kirby. It's not for me. I think I should have realized that sooner than I did, but I'm glad I didn't buy Epic Yarn and I won't be buying this one.

I don't think that they're BAD, I'm just saying. If you said Mario and Zelda are for kids I would slap you, but Kirby IS for kids. I don't know how you can argue around that. I think Sakurai himself would tell you the exact same thing.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #3181 on: 29 October 2011, 08:55:04 »

Kirby is a blast but it's also a breeze.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #3182 on: 29 October 2011, 16:22:12 »

Real Steel. Very meh.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #3183 on: 29 October 2011, 16:31:11 »

@ASR
Exactly.

When I'm weighing my options about which games I want to buy, I simply can't justify getting every single game that looks interesting, and I'm definitely going to prioritize an actual challenge.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3184 on: 1 November 2011, 10:00:48 »

You and your hype.

I'm pretty much done with Kirby. It's not for me. I think I should have realized that sooner than I did, but I'm glad I didn't buy Epic Yarn and I won't be buying this one.

I don't think that they're BAD, I'm just saying. If you said Mario and Zelda are for kids I would slap you, but Kirby IS for kids. I don't know how you can argue around that. I think Sakurai himself would tell you the exact same thing.

I won't argue with you there, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a blast to play.  Plus Whip ability is awesome.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #3185 on: 2 November 2011, 01:43:25 »

Playing Sonic Generations... fun game for the most part.

By far the one part of the game that just almost ruins it for me is the final boss. #####ing tedious ass final boss. Everything else is more or less fantastic though.
Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #3186 on: 2 November 2011, 17:24:42 »

Lots of Sonic bosses are horrifically long winded battles...

I might get the 3DS version of Sonic if it gets good reviews...

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #3187 on: 2 November 2011, 18:27:50 »

Sonic Generations is great. Tons of fun, it has its flaws but it's definitely the best Sonic game since Sonic Adventure 2 and it's also the first 3D Sonic that's felt like one of the old-school games.

If the 3DS one is different enough, I might even buy that one too when the price goes down.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #3188 on: 5 November 2011, 15:44:34 »

Is it better than Sonic Adventure 2? I liked that, but didn't like it as much as Sonic Adventure DX and I feel like if it doesn't APPROACH that game I shouldn't buy it outright.

Playing APB Reloaded, Batman: Arkham City, and Pokemon Fire Red.

No substantial complaints.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #3189 on: 5 November 2011, 16:08:14 »

Sonic Adventure 2 has more of an grandiose scale to it - it had that "next-gen platformer" feel at the time. This one just feels like the natural next step from 2D Sonic to 3D Sonic, even if that took them over a decade to finally get right.

Basically, story is at the bare minimum and super cheesy, but kind of enjoyable. The main focus is just on the levels and gameplay, plus the visuals are gorgeous.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3190 on: 6 November 2011, 11:48:42 »

Is it better than Sonic Adventure 2? I liked that, but didn't like it as much as Sonic Adventure DX and I feel like if it doesn't APPROACH that game I shouldn't buy it outright.

Nothing will be better than Sonic Adventure 2 because they don't have chao gardens. :P
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #3191 on: 6 November 2011, 21:19:02 »

Hm.

You say that, yet you also saaayyyy...

Mega Man 9 is the bestest game evar!!11

WHICH IS IT, XERO?!!!?!

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #3192 on: 7 November 2011, 04:51:59 »

Laaaaaawyeeeeeeered.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3193 on: 7 November 2011, 10:50:45 »

I really need to change my sig.
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #3194 on: 7 November 2011, 15:34:10 »

As a reminder, Outrun Arcade for the Xbox 360 will be taken off XBL sometime in December (most likely the end). Get it while you still can.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #3195 on: 14 November 2011, 04:54:50 »

Arkham City: Sorted. It was pretty good, I still have some of the extras to do.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3196 on: 18 November 2011, 15:41:14 »

Super Mario THREE DEE LAND Wa Haaaaa!!!

Loving it so far.  The levels are short and sweet and a blast to play.  My only gripe is the usual 3D fare for platforming of it just being hard here and there to figure out where you are or need to jump.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #3197 on: 18 November 2011, 18:23:31 »

Super Mario 3D Land is awesome, but it doesn't hold a candle at all to Rayman #####ing Origins.

Talk about a gorgeous surprise out of left field. The artwork and animations are incredible, and it's a joy to play.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #3198 on: 19 November 2011, 09:03:01 »

Agh, you're making me want games I have no intention of buying for quite a while.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #3199 on: 19 November 2011, 16:23:54 »

Soooo a friend of mine came into my room last night at 1:30AM with a proposition.

He had purchased the collector's edition of Skyrim for PC, with the dragon statue and artbook, soundtrack and all that hullabaloo, but the DVD drive of his PC broke, and due to his impatience, purchased the 360 version of the game.

The only reason he would replace his DVD drive is to play Skyrim, which would cost him about $20+ S+H. He figured he could part with the disc, the unactivated code, and even the soundtrack disc for $40. Since he kind of owed me a favor, he dropped the price for me to $30.

$30 for the Skyrim disc, an unactivated game code, the soundtrack, and the sweet map that comes with it.

I could not refuse.
Add Skyrim to the list of games I am currently playing.
Along with DC Universe online, Dirt 3, Sonic Adventure DX for PC, Burnout Paradise PC, Trackmania 2:Canyon, Battlefield 3, and more.

So many games. So little free time.

My thanksgiving break will involve a LOT of catching up :)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 » Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : What game are you playing?
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string