MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
27 April 2024, 10:34:19
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : What game are you playing?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 » Print
Author Topic: What game are you playing?  (Read 1188371 times)
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3800 on: 11 December 2019, 14:53:01 »

Just finished Raging Loop on Switch (also on PS4), a visual novel.  Man, it was quite good.  I dumped 12 hours into the first day, actually staying up all night to play it.  I think all in I have a good 20+ hours and beating it unlocks a lot of extra content to play through.

Of course I use "play" loosely, and there is no actual game play.  This is literally a book with pictures and music, so very much on the novel side of visual novel.  But the story and characters kept me going and going.  I really liked it.

While I generally like visual novels with more actual game play elements this one is a solid choice for fans of the genre.  I strongly recommend it.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Winged Warrior
Super Robot

« Reply #3801 on: 11 December 2019, 17:13:52 »

Shovel Knight just released it's final expansions, so I've been playing it on and off today. 

it's alright.
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #3802 on: 16 December 2019, 19:08:34 »

If you're a fan of retro top-down 2D racing games, Ultimate Racing 2D is pretty good although the AI is a tad punishing.

Posted on: December 11, 2019, 05:02:37 PM

My buddy gave me the digital deluxe edition of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order for Christmas Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck yes!

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3803 on: 17 December 2019, 10:22:58 »

Shovel Knight just released it's final expansions, so I've been playing it on and off today.  

.it's alright.

Plague of Shadows & Specter of Torment are better IMO.  Don't really care for the card game though
Winged Warrior
Super Robot

« Reply #3804 on: 17 December 2019, 15:48:16 »

Plague of Shadows & Specter of Torment are better

I haven't yet completed King of Cards, but I fully agree.  Plague took a while to really get the mechanics, but once I got the muscle memory down it was really fun.

Specter was really abnormally short, but everything felt good (albeit broken).

King is really weird, all the levels feel too short and chopped up and spread out to elongate the game.  The card came is fine, I guess, though I've started just cheesing them with cheats (the ingame mechanics, not CheatEngine). 

Still, I'll stick to my guns that King of Cards is "Alright."  Not great, not worth the wait, but it was free (to me) and it's better than most of the free entertainment I've consumed.
LCrazy11
Sniper Joe

« Reply #3805 on: 25 December 2019, 23:05:59 »

i got DMC 5, the outer worlds, and borderlands 3 for Christmas, three games i have been so hyped to play since they came out

dun dun dun dun dun dun dun (mmx3 opening tune intensifies)
Teelio
Sniper Joe

« Reply #3806 on: 26 December 2019, 06:20:53 »

I rented Borderlands 3 last week and got a few hours invested before I tuned out. Couldn't tell if I was tired of the Borderlands gimmick or just lost interest in those type of games.

Playing the Master Chief Collection currently, between Firefight & some classic Halo CTF & KotH.(Does anybody remember Halo PC: Custom Edition?)

I did get a chance to rent and check out Luigi's Mansion 3 last month; my first experience with this franchise. Boy, was that a fun campaign.

ScareScraper was addicting (didn't get a chance to play the ScreamPark feature). Looking forward to those expansions next year.

tlo
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #3807 on: 26 December 2019, 06:30:22 »

Got the Outer Worlds and Shenmue 1+2 for Christmas. Can't wait to try out Outer Worlds, it sounded like a lot of fun.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #3808 on: 28 December 2019, 00:19:34 »

Playing the Master Chief Collection currently, between Firefight & some classic Halo CTF & KotH.(Does anybody remember Halo PC: Custom Edition?)

I spent so much time on Sidewinder with the sniper and pistol. That game will always hold a special place for me as my first real foray into PC gaming.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3809 on: 28 December 2019, 16:14:11 »

Xe
          Ro
Baba is you
          Du
          Mb
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #3810 on: 31 December 2019, 16:24:07 »

I've been playing Jeopardy! on my Xbox One because that's obviously what it was built for.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3811 on: 2 January 2020, 18:22:14 »

Beat Raging Loop completely, started and finished Timespinner, and am about 60% though Link's Awakening on Switch.  I have a few more Switch games to get to soon, including Luigi's Mansion 3.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #3812 on: 3 January 2020, 16:14:39 »

Fired up Team Sonic Racing and LEGO City Undercover, which were the games I gave to my son for Christmas. I'm kinda disappointed with Sonic racing because it isn't like Sonic & Sega All-Star Racing Transformed; there's no easy mode and it is amazingly easy to go from first to eighth place in one hit - I don't mind the difficulty, but it really frustrates my son because he's five. I should've read the reviews before picking it up, but I didn't, so that's on me. The graphics and level design are gorgeous and I'm sure it would look amazing on a huge TV.

LEGO City Undercover is a blast; it's like Grand Theft Auto and Crackdown with LEGO characters. My son will need to have someone be his co-op partner to help him get the mechanics of the game, but it's a lot of fun and glad that I picked it up for him (and me).

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3813 on: 3 January 2020, 16:32:35 »

it is amazingly easy to go from first to eighth place in one hit

Yeah, I've played Mario Kart before.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #3814 on: 3 January 2020, 19:00:26 »

Finished Pokemon. It was really great, it's unfortunate how much hate it still gets for such small issues. It's become one of my favourite iterations.

Back on Fire Emblem Three Houses after a hiatus. Really good game.

I picked up a few smaller games on sale;

-Pan Pan is a cute puzzle game. I got it for like a dollar, and it was really enjoyable but do NOT buy it at the full price (something like $14). It's a 2 hour game at best, so just try to get it super cheap if you're interested.

-Tiny Metal is a decent stand in for anyone who misses Advance Wars as much as I do. Not much wrong with it, though I think it could be punched up a lot. I hear the sequel is even better, so maybe I'll get everything I want there.

-I also got a game called Opus which seems like a cute little story telling thing. Haven't actually played it yet but I'd wanted to grab it for a while.

I rented Borderlands 3 last week and got a few hours invested before I tuned out. Couldn't tell if I was tired of the Borderlands gimmick or just lost interest in those type of games.

You're lucky you can still rent games.

LEGO City Undercover is a blast; it's like Grand Theft Auto and Crackdown with LEGO characters. My son will need to have someone be his co-op partner to help him get the mechanics of the game, but it's a lot of fun and glad that I picked it up for him (and me).

I want that game! It seems designed just for me. Would say it's worth full price though? With so many games I've had a hard time justifying that purchase. Keep in mind that I only act like a five-year old.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #3815 on: 3 January 2020, 21:25:11 »

I'm only two missions in, but it feels very different from the last few LEGO games that I've played. I would've been okay with shelling out $30 for it; I think I picked it up for $10? It goes on sale a couple of times a year if you don't care about getting it digitally.

Posted on: January 03, 2020, 05:23:28 PM

it is amazingly easy to go from first to eighth place in one hit

Yeah, I've played Mario Kart before.

I know, but for my son who loves the previous game, it's pretty disheartening to be doing so well for 2/3s of the race and then the game #####s you over and you never finish higher than 7th place when you're five. Again, I wish there was an "easy" mode for younger kids.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3816 on: 3 January 2020, 22:53:33 »

true, but games were pretty unforgiving when we were kids.  Never too soon to grow some hair on the 'ol chest.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3817 on: 15 January 2020, 00:23:01 »

I'm playing Squidlet on the Switch.  It's a really adorable game that calls back to the old gameboy days.  I highly recommend it.
Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #3818 on: 22 March 2020, 21:53:17 »

I am finally playing Super Metroid for the first time on SNES mini  :D

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #3819 on: 22 March 2020, 23:44:06 »

I loved that game! In the same vein, I recently replayed Hollow Knight and am blasting through Ori and the Blind forest again before playing Ori and Will Of the Wisps.

LCrazy11
Sniper Joe

« Reply #3820 on: 24 March 2020, 13:58:02 »

beat dmc5 for the tenth time, and i just found a pretty cheap copy of left for dead 2 so i'm enjoying those

damn it's good to see this place back

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3821 on: 24 March 2020, 19:50:22 »

I am finally playing Super Metroid for the first time on SNES mini  :D

...how are you JUST now playing Super Metroid for the first time?  Well, enjoy it, because they never made one as good as that again.  Zero Mission was an ok remake of 1 in SM style, but lack of buttons on GBA hurt it.  AM2R is the best SM style remake of Metroid 2, I highly recommend it.

I on the other hand just got my hands on La-Mulana 1 and 2 for Switch, and I love it.  The remake of 1 gives you the option for the infinitely superior chiptune soundtrack over the remake remixes of them.  The Vita port didn't let you do that.  Also playing through Blasphemous on Switch.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3822 on: 24 March 2020, 20:55:17 »

I'm now playing Doom Eternal.

I'm enjoying it so far.
Teelio
Sniper Joe

« Reply #3823 on: 26 March 2020, 19:58:44 »

Got the new Animal Crossing since that's seemingly the only game my lady likes. Also my first time with an AC game. When do I unlock the ability to commit arson?

tlo
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #3824 on: 28 March 2020, 04:15:24 »

You can't. But you CAN develop a fiery hot crush on the pink fox girl I mean what? I'm not a furry. NOT a furry.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #3825 on: 28 March 2020, 15:12:47 »

I am finally playing Super Metroid for the first time on SNES mini  :D

...how are you JUST now playing Super Metroid for the first time?  Well, enjoy it, because they never made one as good as that again.  Zero Mission was an ok remake of 1 in SM style, but lack of buttons on GBA hurt it.  AM2R is the best SM style remake of Metroid 2, I highly recommend it.

I on the other hand just got my hands on La-Mulana 1 and 2 for Switch, and I love it.  The remake of 1 gives you the option for the infinitely superior chiptune soundtrack over the remake remixes of them.  The Vita port didn't let you do that.  Also playing through Blasphemous on Switch.

I tried to play Super Metroid a couple of times before but I always got lost early!  I am close to Ridley now.  I've only ever played Zero Mission right through.

I played some La Mulana years ago, very good.
« Last Edit: 30 March 2020, 00:12:04 by Abominator » Logged

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #3826 on: 29 March 2020, 16:56:03 »

I'm going between Doom Eternal, Yakuza 0, and Super Mega Baseball 2.

Doom Eternal is great and the AI is relentless. Slow, methodical, and the scope of the game is huge. Love it.

Yakuza 0 is my introduction to the series, which my wife was already a big fan. I'm digging it as there's so much to do, and the plots are ridiculous.

Super Mega Baseball 2 pretty much because the season has been postponed and I'm just jonesin' for the Marlins and A's to let me down. Plus Super Mega Baseball 3 is supposed to come out this year.

Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #3827 on: 30 March 2020, 00:13:05 »

Well I finished Super Metroid, which was good but not nearly as good as people make it out to be, then today I played through Streets of Rage 1, and I will soon start Black Mesa on PC.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3828 on: 31 March 2020, 21:15:07 »

Keep in mind Super Metroid, while still an amazing game that holds up well, was among the first of it's kind, and we've improved the formula over the last 30 years.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #3829 on: 1 April 2020, 02:25:10 »

Been smashing through Ori and the Will Of the Wisps. Fun gameplay, like a weird cross between Hollow Knight and the original Ori. Definitely feels harder, and there's less handholding. Spent way too long using the starting weapon waiting for upgrades until I realized that I could spec out a high damage ranged spam class with a heavy melee as a backup.

I also beat Red Dead 2 a few months back and occasionally hop into it to progress my low honor playthrough.

Also been messing about Halo Master Chief collection for PC, if anyone wants to hop on that.

And Dragonball FighterZ.

And Far Cry 5.

And VR games a-la Boneworks and Pavlov VR. Although I had to sacrifice of lot of VR space to expand the home office to actually do work in.

LCrazy11
Sniper Joe

« Reply #3830 on: 4 April 2020, 01:11:01 »

Well I finished Super Metroid, which was good but not nearly as good as people make it out to be, then today I played through Streets of Rage 1, and I will soon start Black Mesa on PC.
you may not get the praise now, but if you play it again and try to go to areas before you get the upgrades you need to get there, you realise one very interesting thing... you can still get there

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #3831 on: 17 April 2020, 15:47:29 »

I've been playing The Bradwell Conspiracy.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3832 on: 20 April 2020, 17:01:12 »

Beat La-Mulana 1 and working my way through 2.  Love both games.  1 is pretty much a "requires guide to play" game, and 2, while a LOT more friendly in that regard hit the point where I lost patience and just started using a guide in places.  Both are still tons of fun even with guides though.  Once I'm done I may go back and try to finish Blasphemous.  I dropped it close to the end, because I just couldn't beat a boss, and the game honestly isn't that fun for me Metroidvania wise.

LCrazy11
Sniper Joe

« Reply #3833 on: 22 April 2020, 01:08:35 »

i got jedi fallen order, i held off on getting it because i thought it was gonna be more EA trash, but then i realised that respawn made it and i knew it would be good, and it is a great game

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3834 on: 23 April 2020, 01:32:39 »

We should encourage EA when they actually make good games.  Hopefully they will learn that good games like DOOM Eternal and God of War are what people want.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3835 on: 23 April 2020, 16:08:51 »

Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!  Oh wait, you're serious.  Let me laugh even more! Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haha hah ahah ha... oh my.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #3836 on: 25 April 2020, 00:18:38 »

i got jedi fallen order, i held off on getting it because i thought it was gonna be more EA trash, but then i realised that respawn made it and i knew it would be good, and it is a great game

I tried it when it was on sale on Steam a while back. Ended up returning it due to PC compatibility issues. It didn't play well at high refresh rates and unless you heavily modded the game, you couldn't remove motion blur.

Also after 2 hours it was still holding my hand through unskippable tutorials on how to use the map.

It had lots of potential, and I may have enjoyed it more if I weren't spoiled by PC gloriousness and instead played it on a console.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #3837 on: 29 April 2020, 17:01:36 »

Tonnes of Animal Crossing.

My mother in law gave me giftcards to EB/Gamestop for Easter... during a pandemic... so I'm looking to get an eshop card online for some indie stuff.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3838 on: 29 April 2020, 21:11:13 »

Though I'm loath to recommend digital #####, you should look for Blaster Master Zero 1 and 2, and grab Cuphead while you can.  BM0 doesn't look like it's ever getting a retail release, and who knows if Cuphead's is ever coming out.  Plus Microsoft could pull it off the Switch eshop any time.  Castle Crashers is also made for the Switch.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3839 on: 30 April 2020, 00:56:37 »

Playing the Trials of Mana Remake on PS4.  Holy ##### it's far better than I thought it would be.  I was worried that they were going to pull another mediocre SOM remake but they didn't.  They went above and beyond. 
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3840 on: 30 April 2020, 16:24:10 »

I wish Secret had a better remake.  It's a remake in the best sense, but it's also down to the jankey hit detection and what not.  That should have been fixed.  Trials still looks a remake but it's farther from the original than Secret's was.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #3841 on: 5 May 2020, 13:38:32 »

Cuphead I've already annihilated so I'll look into Blaster Master for sure. Been a while since playing Castle Crashers, which I loved.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3842 on: 5 May 2020, 14:33:32 »

55 Hours in and I finally beat La-Mulana 2.  I liked the game.  A lot of quality of life improvements over 1, though 1 still has better music (if using the OG chiptunes), and overall I still like the first game better.  2 is definitely less obtuse, but still has so much you have to keep track of I think most people would need a guide to finish it.  Keep in mind though, you still have to be able to DO what the guide says.  The game has stretches that are HARD.  Great games both though, and I highly recommend them.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #3843 on: 14 June 2020, 15:35:27 »

Streets of Rage 4 is pretty great.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #3844 on: 15 June 2020, 08:43:29 »

Been playing Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition for the past couple of weeks. I've been really enjoying it, never played any of the games before.

There's a lot of side quests though. I'm pretty sure most of my playtime so far was just running around doing sidequests, though I don't mind since I usually play it while watching TV or something.

Also played Resident Evil 3 remake over a month ago or so. It was... eh. I never played the original RE3 so I'm not able to tell what was removed or unnecessarily changed. Personally not a fan of Nemesis being incredibly dumb in cutscenes, literally throwing Jill away so she can find some method to escape again.

Apparently a remake of 4 is being made now, which if done right could be amazing, but after RE3 remake I'm not so sure if they'll handle it right.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #3845 on: 15 June 2020, 13:08:11 »

I don't think RE4 needs a 'remake'. Yeah they'll change the controls and pump up the graphics quality, but if they change much they'll be messing up the best entry in the series.

I've been playing Valorant. It's kind of fun.

Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #3846 on: 15 June 2020, 14:45:23 »

I recently played through Hitman 1 & 2, and then Mafia II, and now i'm into Detroit on PS4.

Finally playing things that have been gathering dust for years.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #3847 on: 15 June 2020, 17:49:10 »

Replaying GTAV on PC (originally played it on PS3 so that's an upgrade) since it was was free from the Epic Games store. I've been having a lot of trouble with all the stuff going on lately so it's a good game to chill out with.

Just bought some stuff I'm excited to play on Switch too: Katana ZERO, Katamari reroll, Wargroove.

Significantly cooled down on how much Animal Crossing I was playing now that my island is mostly done, but I'm still doing bits here and there.
« Last Edit: 15 June 2020, 17:55:27 by Mikero » Logged

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3848 on: 15 June 2020, 18:34:14 »

All my friends are playing Animal Crossing and want my friend code, but I don't play that so they're disappointed in me, JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #3849 on: 15 June 2020, 21:50:59 »

Replaying GTAV on PC (originally played it on PS3 so that's an upgrade) since it was was free from the Epic Games store. I've been having a lot of trouble with all the stuff going on lately so it's a good game to chill out with.

I absolutely love the singleplayer story, and playing on PC is such a treat. It's still so gorgeous, especially the headlight rays at night when they go through other car's windows and cast shadows against buildings. The first time I saw that at max settings was breathtaking. It still is, but now it's breathtaking at 1440p, 144fps, on a mid-high end IPS panel.

My second time through the story I played in first person the whole time. Caught a lot of small details and side conversations I would have otherwise missed, and it vastly increased the difficulty (which is needed on most missions).

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 » Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : What game are you playing?
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string