MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
27 April 2024, 10:30:19
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : What game are you playing?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 » Print
Author Topic: What game are you playing?  (Read 1188369 times)
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #4000 on: 8 April 2022, 22:28:57 »

Got the new LEGO Star Wars and Godfall: Ultimate Edition to review. I played an hour of LEGO Star Wars on my lunch break and it's pretty cool. The game is HUGE.

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #4001 on: 9 April 2022, 21:19:13 »

Now I am playing Kirby and the forgotten land.  This game is one of my top 3 Kirby games between Super Star Ultra and Robobot
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #4002 on: 10 April 2022, 02:39:59 »

I'm looking forward to giving it a go myself.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Pokito
Noob

« Reply #4003 on: 10 April 2022, 22:39:17 »

I've been playing Breath of the Wild on Master Mode for a while now, I'm completing the Champions' Ballad. I want to do the Master Sword tests, but it's pretty tough, even through the first level!
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #4004 on: 11 April 2022, 00:23:27 »

Started playing Horizon Zero Dawn for the past week. Been enjoying it. I tried playing it a couple years ago and couldn't get into it but I probably just wasn't feeling up to playing an open world game at the time.

Haven't gotten the new Kirby but it does look like a lot of fun.
Pokito
Noob

« Reply #4005 on: 20 April 2022, 05:00:13 »

Started playing Horizon Zero Dawn for the past week. Been enjoying it. I tried playing it a couple years ago and couldn't get into it but I probably just wasn't feeling up to playing an open world game at the time.

Oh, I've wanted to play Horizon Zero for a while, I think I'll give it a try soon.

Hehehe there were a lot of memes of Kirby swallowing that car whole. It was terrifying.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #4006 on: 21 April 2022, 00:26:56 »

I think H:ZD is best at mid act 1 and late act 2. Things get crazy in act 3, and the difficulty jumps in a really awkward way at the end, but the overall story is an enthralling sci-fi tale as it unfolds the past.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #4007 on: 25 June 2022, 23:19:33 »

I'm playing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles:  Shredder's Revenge and Sonic Origins collection. 

I'm sad they #####ed up the music in Sonic 3 and K, but whatever.  Shredder's Revenge is #####ing awesome and I highly recommend anyone who loves beat em ups to get it along with Streets of Rage 4
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #4008 on: 27 June 2022, 19:22:30 »

I've been playing Shredder's Revenge. Leveled Donatello and April to level 10 in story mode.  Working on the others.  I'll be starting AI The Somnium Files NirvanA Initiative tonight.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #4009 on: 19 July 2022, 20:20:47 »

Play Power Washer Simulator. It is the best game ever.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #4010 on: 20 July 2022, 01:05:12 »

I think H:ZD is best at mid act 1 and late act 2. Things get crazy in act 3, and the difficulty jumps in a really awkward way at the end, but the overall story is an enthralling sci-fi tale as it unfolds the past.
I'm playing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles:  Shredder's Revenge and Sonic Origins collection. 

I'm sad they #####ed up the music in Sonic 3 and K, but whatever.  Shredder's Revenge is #####ing awesome and I highly recommend anyone who loves beat em ups to get it along with Streets of Rage 4

Smashed through Shredder's revenge with a buddy in a few hours last weekend. Very fun game.

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #4011 on: 20 July 2022, 23:38:41 »

the cuphead dlc came out last month so I've picked that up and replayed through the entire game on expert. : D
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #4012 on: 21 July 2022, 17:54:40 »

Finished up AI The Somnium Files Nirvana Initiative.  Pretty good sequel overall.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #4013 on: 21 July 2022, 22:34:44 »

Grabbed 'Stray' yesterday.

I like cat. Game is cat. Game fun.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #4014 on: 5 September 2022, 20:03:39 »

John, that post alone got me to buy and play through Stray.

I enjoyed the game, but definitely not as cat as I would have expected.

I was expecting 3D cat simulator adventure in a post-apocalyptic wasteland and mostly visual, dialogue-free storytelling.

It certainly delivers on most of those things, and I think it could do with a sequel that focuses on closing in on what it would be like to be a cat. More immersion, I guess, is what I'd like to see. In terms of what that story would look like, they've left a few story threads to paw at and see what unravels.

Anyway, Kirby and the Forgotten Land is fantastic and it's a worthy case study in how I think a Mega Man 12 could be successful in 3D. The only thing I would add to it is make Meta Knight/other enemies unlockable for player two AND/OR give Bandana Waddle Dee different weapons or fighting styles that coincide with Kirby's powerups to make him more interesting. It was my wife's first Kirby game so I wanted her to be Kirby. I couldn't complain though; it was still a blast.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #4015 on: 6 September 2022, 23:58:27 »

John, that post alone got me to buy and play through Stray.

I enjoyed the game, but definitely not as cat as I would have expected.

I was expecting 3D cat simulator adventure in a post-apocalyptic wasteland and mostly visual, dialogue-free storytelling.

It certainly delivers on most of those things, and I think it could do with a sequel that focuses on closing in on what it would be like to be a cat. More immersion, I guess, is what I'd like to see. In terms of what that story would look like, they've left a few story threads to paw at and see what unravels.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I have a lot of the same reservations. Thankfully the cost was worth it for a game where my wife enjoyed watching me play and guide my actions. Those are rare, ha.

My biggest issue is total lack of replayability. Once it feels like it's picking up steam it just starts trailing into the climax. I feel like with the light item, they could have built a few more hours and puzzles into the game.

The price of failure is high though, watching the 'game over' scenes is heartbreaking every time. :(

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #4016 on: 16 September 2022, 02:20:57 »

I am now playing Mighty Goose.  Dominic Ninmark composed the OST of the game (He is doing the music for Mega Man X Corrupted)  Game is pretty solid.
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #4017 on: 16 September 2022, 03:11:57 »

I am now playing Mighty Goose.  Dominic Ninmark composed the OST of the game (He is doing the music for Mega Man X Corrupted)  Game is pretty solid.

I had to review that game when it came out for Xbox. Solid and tough; I wish I was better at that game.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #4018 on: 17 September 2022, 23:47:55 »

It's not that hard.  Just roll if you think you're gonna get hit.  Also turn on outlines of enemy attacks because a lot of stuff happens so it's hard to see enemy attacks.  Also turn on rapid fire.  Working on S ranking the Mirror Dimension now.  2 more stages then I'll try the free update world.
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #4019 on: 7 November 2022, 22:35:25 »

Return to Monkey Island is a lot of fun. I also got chosen to be a brand ambassador with Outright Games today, so I'll be getting free games for my kids!

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #4020 on: 8 November 2022, 00:42:47 »

Return to Monkey Island is a lot of fun. I also got chosen to be a brand ambassador with Outright Games today, so I'll be getting free games for my kids!

Congrats! That's awesome!

I've been replaying Elden Ring, but offline and modded to hell so I can just explore and be near max level and not worry.

Even with most stats maxed, I die sometimes, mostly rolling off cliffs but I have had a few bosses kill me and some close calls. Turns out that max level spells have a stupid cast time. I'm multiclassed into like 4 classes though, so If I really spec into casting I'll cast really stupid fast. Can't give up my swordplay though.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #4021 on: 8 November 2022, 14:12:22 »

But now you have to run a YouTube, Twitch, and TicTok about games, that's too much pressure!

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #4022 on: 1 December 2022, 19:05:26 »

Still playing the hell out of Vampire Survivors.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #4023 on: 9 March 2023, 15:45:25 »

Metroid Dread should be renamed Metroid Mild Tension.

I am very much enjoying the game, but I'll call it what it is. The Dread in the title is the same ploy I see Marvel use when their name their films things like "Civil War" "Age of Ultron" and stuff. They're invoking something the old fans remember without concerning themselves if the content is appropriate to the title. They even added autosave points, which goes against the tone they say they're trying to set.

I enjoy the style of level design and how it compares to older entries, if only at least because it feels unique. It feels very interesting to play. I guess it's just too bad that when I think of "bounty hunter trapped in a hostile environment with very powerful enemies and is constantly cut off from backtracking to safer areas" I don't think of Metroid, because when I play as Samus, and especially when I play as Samus in such an environment, all that really happens is that the way forward is much more easily delineated and I go deeper into the labyrinth with the confidence to know I can handle what's coming. There's nothing to dread, at all. But there's plenty to enjoy. The controls and movement in particular—it feels like they were perfected. I hope the smoothness of it doesn't spoil my enjoyment of older games in the series. The environments and ambient wildlife are really interesting to look at as well.

I also can't complain too much as there's a limit to what I can expect from "Nintendo Dark".

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #4024 on: 11 March 2023, 05:07:32 »

I dread having to deal with the pace breaking EMMIs.  It's not scary, it's frustrating and a good 1/3 of every area is just "stop playing the game and run from EMMI or get 1HKO'd".  Other than that, I like a lot of what it does and it's really fun.  The core gameplay is really solid but there are a few movement issues with aiming weapons and I HATE HATE HATE freeze missiles.  Just give us the freeze beam.  I hope we get a new 2D Metroid soon.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #4025 on: 16 May 2023, 17:21:10 »

Garden Simulator is for people who want a "simulator" game with the gardening mechanics of Animal Crossing or Disney Dreamlight Valley and the zen of PowerWash Simulator. I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #4026 on: 16 May 2023, 17:49:57 »

I'm running Tears of the Kingdom right now.  I like it, but it reminds me of all the things I hated about BotW.  Unlike with BotW though, I've kind of got my fix of endless exploring and meandering and will probably play this one more straight through the story.  I don't see myself clocking in another 130 hours in this one.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #4027 on: 1 July 2023, 00:25:39 »

I'm running Tears of the Kingdom right now.  I like it, but it reminds me of all the things I hated about BotW.  Unlike with BotW though, I've kind of got my fix of endless exploring and meandering and will probably play this one more straight through the story.  I don't see myself clocking in another 130 hours in this one.

So how did that work out?

I finally caved and got a switch, but I REFUSE to play a modern game at 720p 30fps. SO I did it all legally, and got a first gen switch, used the hack software recovery hack, modded it, ripped the keys and game, and am playing Tears of the Kingdom at 60fps 4k. Except the "computer program of dubious legality" (Yuzu) is still a work in progress so sometimes I deal with some stutters or a drop to 40fps.

Can't wait for the 120fps mod if it ever comes.

Oh and the game is amazing. It's been years since BOTW so it's like visiting a friend that has grown up. The detail and level design is mostly excellent, I love that eventually there is a way to cheese every puzzle. I've got 3 dungeons done and I'd guess I'm halfway through(?) The whole newspaper arc does a lot to make the world feel alive and like things that matter are happening all over. I'm generally 25/75 on main quest and side stuff respectively. Took one night and just unlocked the whole map (overworld and sky at least, ##### the gloom), took a night to get all the fairies, sometimes I just relax with exploration and side missions.

I find a lot of internet content I'd binge on is getting boring/repetitive and I just jump on TOTK for an hour or two.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #4028 on: 1 July 2023, 01:13:03 »

I beat the game, and duping makes the game 1000x more playable.  I don't think I could play it without the dupe trick now.  The game is really good but the grinding is just too extreme.  The only difference in naturally farming/grinding and the dupe trick is I save 5 hours gathering materials.

I'll probably dupe a ton of stuff before I reconnect the Switch in case I do ever decide to 100% it.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #4029 on: 2 July 2023, 00:19:37 »

I beat the game, and duping makes the game 1000x more playable.  I don't think I could play it without the dupe trick now.  The game is really good but the grinding is just too extreme.  The only difference in naturally farming/grinding and the dupe trick is I save 5 hours gathering materials.

I'll probably dupe a ton of stuff before I reconnect the Switch in case I do ever decide to 100% it.

Yeeeeeah, I wanna try to beat the game without glitches/dupes. I've got a mod collection for the 4k and stuff that has a whole folder of cheats that I could use to give myself all of anything I want. Once I finish the main story I'll max materials/money and just knock out the rest of the stuff grindless.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #4030 on: 7 July 2023, 00:27:33 »

This.  I refuse to update the game after 1.1.0 since it removes most of the duplication abilities.  Being able to dupe weapons makes this a godsend.  ##### weapon durability. 
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #4031 on: 7 July 2023, 18:20:37 »

Also, I think 1.1.1 is still the only build that you can successfully dupe Fairies.  I have hundreds and being immortal is awesome!

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #4032 on: 13 July 2023, 21:57:50 »

Absolutely no part of TOTK has felt like a grind to me. If you need the duplication glitch then I feel like I'm not approaching this game with the same mindset at the very least, but TOTK is at least way better than BOTW in terms of resource abundance. You can conserve powerful materials / weapons without even flocking off to dupe stuff or farm literally anything ever. Perhaps that's partly because I find the base experience enjoyable enough that resources just flow in as I'm enjoying it. I have more materials than I'm ever bothered using. But enemies also drop powerful weapons that easily fuse with their own horns which are in even greater abundance, and that alone is a vast improvement on the durability issue for me and adds a layer of experimentation as well.

Just as happy to see the game modded if it means more people can enjoy it though.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #4033 on: 14 July 2023, 03:23:18 »

Work has been hell lately and I just want to play it 'easy mode' so I used a save editor and only modded my existing resource amounts, instead of duping, and I can finally fight Gleeocks. Even still, lots of food and they are such fun/difficult fights. Way harder than any of the first 4 dungeon bosses.

Looking forward to having time/capacity to play more than 2-3 hours per week and actually finish the game.

BTW Majikn, I agree. Until this point I've been just vibing with standard resource amounts but upgrading the armor was the biggest hurdle. Enemies doing like 8-10 hearts of damage is insane, and a maxed out armor set getting that down to like 1-2 hearts makes it feel more like a Zelda game instead of dark souls.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #4034 on: 14 July 2023, 14:58:57 »

I like TOTK but have barely played. Like Rez I got that fix from all these games that tried to clone the formula after BOTW like Genshin Impact so now with that feel and having a lil baby running around it's hard to find time to wander around in the game. But it's fun, it's cool, I'm eager to play more story (just easily distracted by side-things in the game).

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #4035 on: 14 July 2023, 21:54:12 »

The game is designed to distract you with side things...

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #4036 on: 15 July 2023, 01:15:41 »

I'm taking a break from TOTK and am now playing Gravity Circuit.  It scratches that Mega Man X/Mega Man Zero itch pretty well.  Plus it's another game with the music done by Dominic Ninmark, the Mega Man X Corrupted guy.

Update:

Beat Gravity Circuit and am doing new game plus.  Game is solid.  Would recommend.  It plays like the X/Zero series as I mentioned previously and the movement is satisfying and fluid.  Also being able to piledrive bosses is great.  The music is #####ing great too.  A lot of good bangers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-F31YH4hh8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRdJG34EyGo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXpvarvhtKQ
« Last Edit: 22 July 2023, 10:25:11 by Xero » Logged
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #4037 on: 17 August 2023, 03:52:14 »

Xero, Gravity Circuit looks awesome. Maybe I'll get it some day.

BTW Majikn, I agree. Until this point I've been just vibing with standard resource amounts but upgrading the armor was the biggest hurdle. Enemies doing like 8-10 hearts of damage is insane, and a maxed out armor set getting that down to like 1-2 hearts makes it feel more like a Zelda game instead of dark souls.
I dunno. There are many reasons why the damage output from the enemies doesn't concern me that much, but I get why it can FEEL hardcore. Dark Souls is one of my all-time favourites and I feel like I failed to be able to articulate why on this site back when it came out, and I suppose playing those games more than prepared me for a difficulty spike in this type of game, but BOTW also just isn't difficult for me because you can exploit pause and eat a fully cooked meal at any time which is where those resources come in handy. Dark Souls felt almost like the older Zeldas in that way, if you ignore that you have to use the limited bottles as the action is happening. That's not the only reason though—the way TOTK tweaked things often makes you able to use accessible things far more to your advantage earlier on than you could in BOTW. Handheld weapons break too but now more than ever, swords and spears and bows are far from the only thing in your arsenal.

I say all of this in the hope that it might make your experience of the game more enjoyable and less like a grind, but it's subjective I suppose. I can't necessarily tell you how to enjoy the game but I can tell you I enjoyed it more by focusing on the moment-to-moment, using tactics against enemies rather than relying on defense levels and health pools, and otherwise just doing whatever I fancied because the gameplay is so variable depending on what you feel like doing.

I like TOTK but have barely played. Like Rez I got that fix from all these games that tried to clone the formula after BOTW like Genshin Impact so now with that feel and having a lil baby running around it's hard to find time to wander around in the game. But it's fun, it's cool, I'm eager to play more story (just easily distracted by side-things in the game).
I like your use of the word tried, there.
I never gave Genshin Impact or anything like it a chance, to be fair.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #4038 on: 17 August 2023, 16:28:49 »

Genshin is a free to play mobile ##### so it never had a chance to be an actual game.  Or fun.  Design wise it looked pretty nice too, which is a shame.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #4039 on: 17 August 2023, 18:45:39 »

Nah, that sounds more like one of the many games attempting to copy it's success like Tower of Fantasy. It's definitely a real game, there's hundreds of hours of story and open world content as well as limited events, etc., and it's not strictly a mobile game unless you're into torture. Mobile is just the main revenue stream because of the Asian market but it's cross platform with PC and console, where it is actually playable imo.

I've played it for a long time (on PC) and in general I still think it's pretty fun, though I'm at a place now where the only excitement comes out of new story patches as I'm caught up with everything else. I didn't like the prologue stuff in the early game at all to be honest, that part is boring to me, but after that there's a solid game with good story and gameplay. In relation to other games of the type it also offers a lot more polish, a key aspect that led to a cavernous drop off for Tower Of Fantasy and the like.

That is as long you don't become a degenerate gacha player and just go with the free wishes. I still play it casually and even as an f2p player I have cracked characters and weapons enough to clear the hardest content in the game, so I don't think there's any real reason that anyone should get trapped by the monetization.

Gameplay-wise the exploration is good, they took BOTW's "climb-anything" approach to the open world and in 2020 there wasn't much of that. The story ranges from decent to really good depending on the chapter. Inazuma (all of ver 2.0) for example was excellent and that lasted a whole year. Ver 4.0 just released this week bringing in a whole new region again so hopefully that's fun.

What I liked about the gameplay most was the transformative reaction mechanic of combining different elements in combat. Instead of it being a simple pokemon style thing where water is weak to electric, etc., they made a cool system for different ways elements can react to each other. It's actually a pretty fun interactive system that makes characters all feel distinct. That made the combat really unique and fun. Unfortunately they don't want to expand that any further at this point because they specifically don't want the game to lose casual appeal, and imo that decision makes things far more bland and the content too easy for a verteran players.

For the record I'm talking about playing the actual game itself, which I think is fun. But to be absolutely clear: I think the parent company is awful, so I absolutely do not support them monetarily in any of their games (have been trying out their new one). I do not like gacha as a concept in general for a game either, and I also absolutely abhor the community/fans of the game online, they've done some awful #####.

But I'll stand by that in a vacuum the gameplay and design is still very good even if there's those exterior problems.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #4040 on: 18 August 2023, 01:33:41 »

I tried Genshin on PC and only got maybe 3-4 hours in. You make me want to try it again, but being an adult sucks and I've got too many friends jonesing for me to play Baulder's Gate 3 with them. I'm lucky if I get 5 hours in on videogames a week lately, I've been spending all my free time disc golfing as a hopeful semi-pro.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #4041 on: 18 August 2023, 02:33:34 »

Well here's the thing, I wouldn't necessarily recommend it mainly because it's a gacha game and that stuff is frought only with peril even if I like 80% of the game. I think I'm not super into live service games either. But I wanted to give it a fair look-in.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #4042 on: 18 August 2023, 16:05:51 »

Gatcha and Live service make ANY game unplayable if you want a real game.  Those mechanics are the anthesis to actual gameplay and game balance.  That's Genshin. 

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #4043 on: 24 August 2023, 18:31:58 »

Uh huh.

Anyway after ~8 years I finally updated my GPU (and RAM and storage) from an old GTX 970 to a Radeon RX 6750 XT last night. So while I have a lot of little specifications and stuff to take care of I'm finally back to some of the games that I could run but were giving me headaches like Cyberpunk. Feels good doing that myself after building the PC (my first build) so long ago.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #4044 on: 25 August 2023, 01:50:42 »

Uh huh.

Anyway after ~8 years I finally updated my GPU (and RAM and storage) from an old GTX 970 to a Radeon RX 6750 XT last night. So while I have a lot of little specifications and stuff to take care of I'm finally back to some of the games that I could run but were giving me headaches like Cyberpunk. Feels good doing that myself after building the PC (my first build) so long ago.

A good choice!

That card is a huge upgrade. What CPU are you running with it?

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #4045 on: 25 August 2023, 13:58:41 »

So in the dregs of 2020 WFH my old mobo managed to melt (but not the PSU or anything else) so I needed an emergency fix and the store did the best they could. Mobo and CPU got an update, which caused a bottleneck with the old 970 (but at the time it was impossible to find decent priced GPUs)--So my current CPU is an i7-10700F. Obviously a Ryzen would be more optimal but it is what it is, so far things have been pretty solid as I readjust all my games.

I just have one display that's always been a little whack. Cheap and old TV that I like to use as the main display to game on 'cause it's comfy. But it lacks a lot of synergy with PCs since it wasn't meant for this.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #4046 on: 26 August 2023, 02:08:20 »

I know the struggle of 'tv-as-a-monitor'. No sleep mode, no auto wake, settings can be wonky. Gotta either hit the power button or have the remote handy. Really really good monitors are getting dirt cheap now though as OLED, MicroLED, and Quantum Dots start to get in the affordable realm. Regular 1440p IPS 27-32' monitors are getting sub $250 in the states.

The 10700k is pretty rock solid. I can imagine most games on the 6750 XT are running close to max settings on even 1440p.

I've got 4k for the main screen (an LG TV, so all the TV issues plague me) and the 6750 XT is punch for punch with my 3070 so I know most games are running at least really solid. I'm running into issues with only having 8GB of VRAM so the 6750XT having 12 is HUGE for a lot of modern games. My saving grace is the Nvidia DLSS for a lot of games, or just running games at ultrawide so I still get the 1-1 pixel goodness but only half as many pixels rendering (which on OLED keeps the black bars actually black instead of glowy which is nice).

I can imagine Genshin is maxed out, haha.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #4047 on: 30 August 2023, 03:49:44 »

Been playing Baldur's Gate 3. I really like it. It's a lot of fun playing it solo and with friends. It's probably gonna be one of those games I replay quite a lot just to try out different things and classes.

Also I played Genshin for a while when it came out, and I kinda just got bored it one day. Can't say exactly why. Now if I try to go back there's so much stuff added I feel overwhelmed. Oh well. Maybe in the future if it's still alive then.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #4048 on: 30 August 2023, 22:00:35 »

I picked Tears of the Kingdom back up after 2 months to do some final grinds with the dupe glitch before I reconnect the Switch to WiFi.  I decided to fill out the depths map as well, since it's MUCH easier to use flying machines to get to the light roots, and those use parts, zoanite, and charges, all of which I can quickly dupe back to 999.  Also, I need to expand my battery to max, and that takes a LOT of zoanite.  Even with the dupe it's EXTREMELY slow to do.  I honestly don't see how Nintendo expected people to max that out normally without spending literally a year or more grinding for it.

However, once I finish those things, I'll probably go back here and there and do stuff in it.  Hopefully I've made enough supplies to be able to complete any tasks/quests I decide to do later.

Once that's done I have a few Survival Horror and Metroidvanias I want to start.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #4049 on: 31 August 2023, 03:26:16 »

I don't think Nintendo expected everyone to max out the battery any more than they expected everyone to get all korok seeds.

I maxed my battery out without duping anything and I played the entire game for... I dunno. Something above 200 hours would be my guess. A massive chunk of that wasn't spent acquiring or using zonaite at all. Duping honestly sounds way less fun to me than what I actually did.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 » Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : What game are you playing?
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string