MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
27 April 2024, 09:58:00
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Classic Series  |  : Mega Man 11
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » Print
Author Topic: Mega Man 11  (Read 35205 times)
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #250 on: 21 September 2018, 17:43:40 »

You can turn the voice acting off as it is its own separate option from sound and music.

And it reminds me of MM8 so I'm cool with it.

Good to know. I still haven't played the demo or anything to see.

SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #251 on: 22 September 2018, 00:25:17 »

I've been mulling over the possibility of just what kind of final boss this game will grant, given the demo couldn't strike a good balance between the gears and going gearless, and I'm thinking we may get another MM7 Wily Saucer kind of death match going as a result. Not an exact replica, but rather something cobbled together from Inafune's monster that might be nearly too fast and hard without gears but still a decent challenge with stuff like time slowing during certain moves.

Can't wait to find out what it is on the 2nd, as well as the missing $30 worth of DLC to fill the price point out.

Shape the world you live in, instead of letting others define it for you. Stop being reactive and become proactive, and leave a legacy worth remembering, since only you personally decide the limits of your greatness.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #252 on: 22 September 2018, 04:10:06 »

Can't wait to find out what it is on the 2nd, as well as the missing $30 worth of DLC to fill the price point out.

The sad part is how this is basically guaranteed. But at the very least the main game itself should be fun overall.

I forget to use the gears, but a lot of my deaths probably could've been avoided by using them...
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #253 on: 22 September 2018, 12:30:00 »

Just give me Bass and Protoman.  The game feels incomplete without them.  Duo would be a nice bonus, but Bass and Proto are necessary. 
LCrazy11
Sniper Joe

« Reply #254 on: 22 September 2018, 18:48:38 »

you could make them play differently than before like this:

protoman: same as megaman but with the shield jump and instead of charging he holds his shield in front of him, and he does not take double damage like in 9 and 10, power gear will let him charge and speed gear will work same as rock, also give him item 1 to work the same as rush coil

bass: same as 10 but instead of a spring he can air dash and double jump, (he cannot air dash upward like the x3 armour) power gear turns his rapid fire into a high damage beam the ignores     i-frames but over heats fast, speed gear will not slow down time but instead let him air dash unlimited times without hitting the ground

give all characters a super adaptor/treble boost ability, time protoman gets one

dun dun dun dun dun dun dun (mmx3 opening tune intensifies)
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #255 on: 23 September 2018, 01:15:57 »

Build the game for Mega Man, and then just let Proto Man and Bass break everything with their abilities.

Proto Man should have a shield ram dash instead of sliding, and Bass should have his double jumps back, yeah.

Roll could be added too, and use a melee weapon like in Powered Up except faster and more combo friendly like Zero.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #256 on: 24 September 2018, 08:50:30 »

Been practicing and learning to optimize on Block Man for when I go tackle the whole game blind as fast as possible. If anybody wants to see three runs on that, this is for you. I'll be hitting up more live on twitch this weekend.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #257 on: 24 September 2018, 15:14:41 »

I would actually prefer if a character could wall-jump over double jump.

Roll should work like a Dustforce character.

given the demo couldn't strike a good balance between the gears and going gearless,

Lost power for a few days this weekend so I finally cracked open the demo and this was my big issue. I don't really want to use the gear system, but I felt very much forced to.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #258 on: 24 September 2018, 17:48:02 »

I don't know. I'm able to handle the demo gearless. In fact at PAX, I tried to avoid it as much as possible because I knew of a downside but wasn't quite understanding what that entailed. I just assumed double damage. Once the demo came out, I understand the downsides. The cooldown for a single gear is only being forced to wait it out. There are no other cons, so there is no risk-reward system. You either abuse them or you don't.

The double-gear however is a separate issue. Designed to be a last resort, if it cools down, you're most likely absolutely #####ed. No better way to put it. Good luck firing one buster shot and no charge for a while.

Other than that, you can probably do all eight bosses minimum without any gears unless you're trying to be fast. To be fast, the Power Gear is the best and most abusive. The Speed Gear is really for those who want to be on the safe side. You can't handle the platforming of a section so you need it "toned down" for a quick second for example. It's definitely the "handicap gear" in my honest opinion.

The gears however do drastically change how bosses work. I'm not even sure weakness weapons are even effective anymore, which would be detrimental to the series if this is the case.

Hopefully you can do the game without gears, but we all know CAPCOM expects mastery of your abilities unlocked by the time you play the Wily levels. This is why weapons are necessary to progresss in Wily Levels like Mega Man 2, Mega Man 9, etc.

Posted on: 24 September 2018, 16:22:46

Not directly related to the game, but check out some good "demake" music tracks people have made. I would love to see an 8-bit version of this game like they did with MM7 and MM8.

Main Theme
Stage Select
Fuse Man (This guy in particular works on several tracks for Mega Man Maker)
Block Man
Boss Battle

There are of course others, but I feel they're usually trash compared to these.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #259 on: 24 September 2018, 18:55:58 »

That part were you're trying to jump on all the falling the blocks feels like they really just want to make you use the speed gear. It's certainly doable without, but it's obvious they want me to play that way and I don't like the way that kind of design feels. Otherwise the demo is decent.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #260 on: 24 September 2018, 19:27:59 »

I thought the same at first at PAX, but given they give you Rush Coil and given the assumption they would probably design the game to be "gearless", I was fine with it. The levels so far don't really force you to use gears, but Block Man seems to be the choice level for demo and introducing players to mechanics through good level design. This can all change by the time we see Wily levels though, so it's too early to judge the game based on the demo alone.

If I were to bash on the whole gear mechanic in some sense, it's definitely boss battles. The Block Man fight can be summed up in 3 phases. Given the second phase, it doesn't feel so much as a "recommendation" to use the gears, but more like a salesman at my door trying to sell the mechanic to me.

The first phase: Normal boss battle with a pattern just like your classic Mega Man.

The second phase: HEY GUYS I HAVE A POWER GEAR. REMEMBER YOU HAVE GEARS GUYS. LOOK AT MY POWER GEAR. POWER GEAR.

The third phase: Desperation attack, which isn't too new. It's welcoming. Except for Block Man, that's all he does. Hopefully that's just because he seems to be a very weak and desperate type of character.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #261 on: 24 September 2018, 19:58:00 »

I never used the gear against the boss since the Charge Shot is more than enough to damage him.  Plus his attacks are so easily telegraphed.  It took awhile to figure it out
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #262 on: 24 September 2018, 20:36:46 »

I never used the gears either.  I really don't think you need to.  Though the game is designed to make parts a LOT easier if you do use them.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Teelio
Sniper Joe

« Reply #263 on: 24 September 2018, 21:27:29 »

The demo was fun to sample. I believe the Double-Gear system is the extra sandwich layer on top of an easier difficulty for players that may be highly rusty or just newcomers to the series itself. I believe somebody already made that statement earlier...

Enjoying what seems to be levels with much more length and extensions to them than past installments. The frequent save points may be a blessing or a curse, depending on how well you enjoy challenge and/or repetition.

tlo
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #264 on: 25 September 2018, 13:51:06 »

I just wish there was a way to turn off the gears.  I don't want to "accidently" use them.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #265 on: 25 September 2018, 14:09:06 »

Put spikes on your triggers then.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #266 on: 25 September 2018, 21:57:31 »

I like the longer levels but I think it's silly still have lives be a thing in 2018. It's like having a time limit. Something I like in modern games are when the game is tough but I can just keep going. Like Super Meat Boy. Though I guess it could be difficult to have a Mega Man game without limiting lives.

it's too early to judge the game based on the demo alone.

Your point is sound but there's little else to do for now :D
Gotta assume the whole wheel of cheese is the same as the sample.

But having seen some others play the demo now I can see better how you don't need the gears. I may have over thought it, or just didn't put the time in.

I just wish there was a way to turn off the gears.  I don't want to "accidently" use them.

A "classic" mode would be nice. You could even take off the power selection wheel and some other things just to give it an extra nostalgia feel without sacrificing anything. (And that would be a good place for a limit on lives too)

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #267 on: 26 September 2018, 07:46:40 »

... I'm pretty sure you can just map your controller configurations to something else if you're THAT inclined.

Speaking of gears, I thought killing this little guy NEEDED the Speed Gear but clearly I was wrong 15 minutes ago.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #268 on: 26 September 2018, 09:08:13 »

... I'm pretty sure you can just map your controller configurations to something else if you're THAT inclined.

Speaking of gears, I thought killing this little guy NEEDED the Speed Gear but clearly I was wrong 15 minutes ago.

Rapid fire is so satisfying to use.  Almost makes charge shot obsolete
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #269 on: 27 September 2018, 03:38:25 »

If you mean the rapid fire button, I have never used it. That's all me.

Assuming it's the same type of rapid fire from the Legacy Collection, it's actually slower than my manual trigger finger.

Posted on: 26 September 2018, 22:36:17

If you guys want to see what I currently think is the most optimized fastest way to fight Block Man, here is roughly the quickest fight I've had of him:

[spoiler]
https://clips.twitch.tv/MushyGleamingZebraPRChase
[/spoiler]

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #270 on: 27 September 2018, 06:58:26 »

Rapid Fire in 11 is super broken on Newcomer since you don't have a limit to how many shots you can have on screen. It's kinda fun.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #271 on: 28 September 2018, 13:57:38 »

Acid Man intro if anyone cares.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgCqOgIcNF4
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #272 on: 1 October 2018, 09:05:04 »

A MM11 Block Man Demo speed run as well, if anyone cares.

https://youtu.be/fq6LrpRmRTw

Posted on: 29 September 2018, 13:04:27

Even faster Block Man: https://clips.twitch.tv/InterestingNaiveClipzKappaClaus

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #273 on: 1 October 2018, 10:00:42 »

The review embargo lifts today.

I'm gonna say the game will receive a metacritic score of between 75 and 85.  This game wont break any records, but it will still be a solid game overall.

From the very least it will be much better than Mighty No. Nothing
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #274 on: 1 October 2018, 14:35:38 »

Frankly, it doesn't NEED to break any new ground.  It's Mega Man.  That's what people WANT.  They have subseries that play different or do different things if you want something different.

Teelio
Sniper Joe

« Reply #275 on: 1 October 2018, 18:27:14 »

Metacritic gave the PS4 version an 81% while the Switch received a 79%.

GameSpot rewarded a 9/10 while IGN went for a 7.5 rating.

Not terrible, I suppose.

tlo
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #276 on: 1 October 2018, 18:37:55 »

I figured as much, but that's very good for a Mega Man game. 
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #277 on: 1 October 2018, 19:33:38 »

I don't trust reviews from websites that can't bother to finish a Crash Bandicoot game, claims Mario is "a hard series", doesn't know whether Sonic sucks or not, but treats Call of Duty like the holy grail of gaming.

You can ask me what I think about it later today, cause today is bustin' day! (In 9 hours)

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #278 on: 1 October 2018, 21:00:16 »

Honestly, a 7.5 isn't even bad. People seem to view anything under an 8/10 as awful or unplayable for some reason though...
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #279 on: 1 October 2018, 23:00:23 »

But then you have reviews like this.

https://www.slantmagazine.com/games/review/mega-man-11

I know it's bait but still pisses me off.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #280 on: 2 October 2018, 02:54:11 »

I literally came to post the same article. I haven't even played the game yet and could tell it was a load of horse manure.

Posted on:  2 October 2018, 01:12:59

I will be live now to play Mega Man 11. After I'm done, I'll be back here to drop my thoughts on everything.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #281 on: 2 October 2018, 03:33:28 »

I'm never having what that guy's having.

At least he gave ample information as to how much I ought to value his opinion.

I refuse to get cranked up to 11 over how a video game is rated, though.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #282 on: 2 October 2018, 05:56:06 »

For those that are curious for the Steam release and still wish to save money, GreenManGaming has a 23-25% off code for preorders and will likely still run discounts for the next week or so. I would imagine the bulk here will be getting it on the Switch or PS4, but there's always the occasional outlier.

Thanks to all the embargo talk and people rushing to get their MM10-tier gameplay out to the Youtubes with early copies, my hype has actually amped up a bit more due to there being some specials in the extra menu that nobody has unlocked at this point in time, which probably means a romp through the hardest difficulty modes and the gearless mode that has me hoping for a thrill much like unlocking Protoman in MMPU back at US launch. Even if it's not that, there is still the matter of the teased Anniversary Costumes from the earlier promos such as Star Force skin and the like that has gone under the radar. I'm hoping there's something there beyond "Piano Preorder DLC" and a barebone $30 price tag.

Shape the world you live in, instead of letting others define it for you. Stop being reactive and become proactive, and leave a legacy worth remembering, since only you personally decide the limits of your greatness.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #283 on: 2 October 2018, 06:00:01 »

Nintendo Switch's E-Shop service sucks.
Gamestop sucks.
PS4 won't capture.

https://youtu.be/z0g2bMLCxk4

I have to ASSUME the game releases on Nintendo's end in 3 hours... even though it's already released everywhere else.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #284 on: 2 October 2018, 07:03:31 »

Nintendo Switch's E-Shop service sucks.
Gamestop sucks.
PS4 won't capture.

https://youtu.be/z0g2bMLCxk4

I have to ASSUME the game releases on Nintendo's end in 3 hours... even though it's already released everywhere else.

Whoever helms the eShop for Capcom releases on the Switch needs to be given a parade where they're dragged out into the street and beaten like a pinata, since they pulled this with MHGU as well and made it clear this system is busted, while every major Nintendo release gets midnight EST / 9 PM PST releases. Now I'm just hoping that it's indeed mightnight on the west coast before they unlock it, since the hunter community was afraid we'd have to wait til noon the next day due to it not being a first party title.

Now I'm just watching a certain Matrician play through on Super Hero Mode to burn time until the game unlocks.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #285 on: 2 October 2018, 09:44:52 »

Listening to the music while I wait for after work to pick 11 up from #####ING GAMESTOP.

Tundra Man's theme is the best by far. 

The other themes are nice, BUT are marred by the poor use of instruments, or lack their of. 

The composer needed to use different instrument variety.  Hopefully the instrumental versions with the preorder will be better, but holy ##### Tundra Man's theme gave me chills.  Pun very much intended.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #286 on: 2 October 2018, 14:42:10 »

IT'S MEGA MAN 11 DAY!!!  We have to RUSH to Gamestop to get it!  We don't want to ROLL in late and miss it!  We are going to ROCK some fun tonight!  I BASS this on what I've seen so far, of course, but I will definitely BEAT the game!

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #287 on: 2 October 2018, 15:24:21 »

On the Nintendo Switch version, I finished beating the game, beating the game on Super Hero mode, and I'm #1 on multiple Time Attacks (temporarily)

I made sure to snag Block Man too. 3 minutes and 30 seconds.

I'll have video footage uploaded soon, or just check the VOD on twitch.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #288 on: 2 October 2018, 15:32:38 »

How does it rank among the Classic Series?
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #289 on: 2 October 2018, 17:19:16 »

My guess is it won't dethrone 8 as the "worst" Classic game.  I'm betting I will rate it solidly in the middle overall.  Depending on the music, maybe lower middle.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #290 on: 2 October 2018, 17:55:15 »

I've only played through 4 Stages so far because lolwork but so far it's fun. I'd say it plays better than 8, but might be inferior in stage design. I'll have a better opinion when I've played for more than an hour...
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #291 on: 2 October 2018, 19:49:37 »

I'mma wait a bit to get it but I'm glad it's not horrible. Stage design is a big thing though, and I wasn't impressed by the demo in that way. I don't trust reviewers full-stop, so I like hearing what you guys say about it.

Teelio
Sniper Joe

« Reply #292 on: 2 October 2018, 20:58:01 »

Mega Man 11's voice-acting is a sure far cry from 8's. It's not perfect, but nowhere near as hemorrhoid-inducing as 8.

The level design is extensive as hell. Though there are many elements that would encourage the Double-Gear ability, doesn't necesarrily FORCE you to use the perks, despite some added difficulty if you choose otherwise.

2 bosses down, and I can say this Mega Man title easily wipes floors with some of the past's inferior additions (7, 8 specifically)

As a Mega Man fan, whether hardcore or casual, it's surely one not to miss.

tlo
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #293 on: 2 October 2018, 21:10:50 »

I actually really love MM7, don't see what other people dislike about it.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #294 on: 2 October 2018, 21:26:37 »

imo, There has never been a bad classic Mega Man game.  Even the "Worst" was still very good and enjoyable.

I loved them all and hopefully 11 will be no different.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #295 on: 2 October 2018, 21:49:45 »

I personally don't like Mega Man 5 or Mega Man & Bass but even so they're still decent. Mega Man 7 is great, I find it odd people think its bad.

Bounce Man's Stage is definitely the worst I've played so far though.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #296 on: 2 October 2018, 22:17:06 »

I'll give my full opinion on the game later. I'm actually still exhausted.

Here's my full blind speedrun:
[spoiler]
https://youtu.be/tXcGFnaXQTY
[/spoiler]

My first time speedrunning Super Hero Mode will be coming soon...
... and it's even faster.

My Block Man time attack:
[spoiler]
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/317620967
[/spoiler]

At the very least, DO watch my Time Attack attempt.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #297 on: 3 October 2018, 01:14:59 »

Just did Block Man (again...) and Acid Man.

I tried Blast Man's stage but the boss #####ing killed me. 

Also I love the gallery.  It gives you detailed descriptions of the enemies and bosses.  It even tells you where the robots were built!!!

[spoiler]Tundra Man was built by Dr.Cossack[/spoiler]
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #298 on: 3 October 2018, 02:34:35 »

I'm done with the 8 bosses and I'm at the end now, will probably finish it tonight.

[Spoiler]Wily Stage Select is pretty cool, didn't want to have to play every stage in a row once again.[/spoiler]
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #299 on: 3 October 2018, 03:39:37 »

##### Torch Man's stage.  That is all.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Classic Series  |  : Mega Man 11
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string