MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
27 April 2024, 14:10:33
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Classic Series  |  : Mega Man 11
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » Print
Author Topic: Mega Man 11  (Read 35237 times)
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #200 on: 31 August 2018, 18:45:50 »

There is a bit too much "transforming" for my liking from what they've shown between Block Man and Impact Man.  Not a fan of that when done to that level of them turning into a giant #####ing stage boss size.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
LCrazy11
Sniper Joe

« Reply #201 on: 1 September 2018, 11:55:18 »

watch out he's a Japanese transformer! you can tell because he yells transform and turns into a weird floating shape

dun dun dun dun dun dun dun (mmx3 opening tune intensifies)
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #202 on: 1 September 2018, 17:13:29 »

Aren't we supposed to be getting a demo? 
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #203 on: 4 September 2018, 16:07:27 »

In Japan Impact Man is known as Pile Man. Which explains why his move is called Pile Driver...
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #204 on: 4 September 2018, 20:29:05 »

That's pretty close to Pie Man.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #205 on: 5 September 2018, 20:08:07 »

Does he have a french accent?

He does roll his R's but that's not a french accent, or if that's the attempt it's pretty bad (whether they're trying France, Quebec... Haiti, none of those sound like that). I've seen people say he sounds like an overdramatic and over-stereotypical Scandinavian (aka Tornbjorn from Overwatch). To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if the accent was trying to be Turkish or something either.

Regardless, I hope I can mute that #####. He's delivering lines like every dwarf in every fantasy film ever.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #206 on: 7 September 2018, 01:19:11 »

Demo is out on Switch now, PS4 and Xbox One tomorrow.

Also, Bounce Man.
« Last Edit: 7 September 2018, 04:03:35 by NovaMan XP » Logged
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #207 on: 7 September 2018, 02:36:53 »

Downloading the demo now.  Will post opinion once finished.

Posted on:  7 September 2018, 01:09:21

Played the demo, the games controls are tight and responsive as they should be.  Feels like a classic Mega Man game.  The game does push your ##### in hard, but it's still manageable.  You don't need to really use the gears at all.  I did game over since I'm a little rusty, but all in all I'm satisfied. 
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #208 on: 7 September 2018, 04:03:13 »

I got a game over twice, one near the end of the level, and second I got to Block Man with no health and no lives... went down to casual and then beat it. Thankfully casual seems to only lessen how much damage you take and doesn't change the stage design.

Overall, it seems fun. I'm a bit tired of games having lives systems though.
SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #209 on: 7 September 2018, 04:47:58 »

After playing the demo on my Switch, I feel the game is suffering from the same flaws that make me unable to fully enjoy MM8, such as the lackluster music, graphic style throwing gameplay off at points that would be spot on with the original looks, as well as just feeling like a $30 game. Also encountered two points in the demo that are very much dick moves meant to kill unaware players, which are not "ups and downs" from pits, so that's a great way to sell their product. One point involves an enemy that spawns and rides over a cliff edge, but respawns if you back up just a bit to re-allign your jump after the first major puzzle area, and before that was an otherwise impotent enemy with a hammer on a belt. Possibly a third if you get screwed by the new physics while doing the second block puzzle and the game registers you in a different spot from where you should be when jumping up to blast a way out.

I refused to use the gears and was pleased that beating the stage was possible, though from all the clips out for MM11, it's obvious the game is designed for their use in core stage elements to make them much easier. Same deal with the boss himself, as his cues were a bit too fast to regularly dodge at a certain point during the fight. I agree with Nova that lives should have been discarded by this point in time along with the yoku blocks, since old design for the sake of it doesn't really function in this age of platformers. Getting to the end of an otherwise longer than needed stage just to die to the boss and restart it all over again isn't flowing too well with me after sinking time into the X Collection and having the later games start me back at a check point upon retrying. If X7 can get it right and start me right back at a boss, then I hope that the final product does as much. Also noticed that Super Guard item that halves damage for a stage, so expecting either MM7 Wily Capsule-tier fight at some point or sadness for such an item to exist.

tl;dr - I went in expecting another solid MM9 or MM10 after nearly a decade, and instead had something more akin to MM8 / MM&B due to the new gear system and art style making it hard to judge hit boxes.

Shape the world you live in, instead of letting others define it for you. Stop being reactive and become proactive, and leave a legacy worth remembering, since only you personally decide the limits of your greatness.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #210 on: 7 September 2018, 06:35:04 »

It's not the art style, it's the fact it's in 3D.  The art style doesn't help though.  MM8 also was difficult to judge edges and what not due to the art style, just imagine if it had been in 3D as well (the ps1 x games also suffer from this, though not quite as much).

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #211 on: 7 September 2018, 10:19:23 »

Beat the demo.

Impressions

+Controls are very responsive and tight.  
+You don't need to use the gears at all.  They are useful in situations, but are not forced upon you.
+Level design is good, you know what's coming when you see it ahead of you.  Any time you get hit or die, it's your fault.  No bull##### suprises
+Weapons are MM9 levels useful.  Pile Driver is great for getting hard to reach items when horizontal distance is concerned.  Thunder Scramble is great for enemies above and for those wheel enemies.
+Rapid Fire is an option and tears though enemies and mini-bosses
+Boss has predictable pattern that you can memorize thus following the classic boss formula
+Voice acting is decent, but you can turn off the voices or even change to Japanese voices if you wish

-Gears are "Press" and not "Hold" so you have to press it again to turn it off.  A bit of an annoyance.
-Knock back is a bit of an ass so if you get hit by a pit, you're as good as dead.  Thankfully there will be a power part that will prevent knock back when hit so it's forgivable.
-Boss Power Gear is hard to dodge but I probably need to fight him a few times.  Why it doesn't let you slide under him is beyond me.
-Music is meh and samey.  Or at least I dislike the choice of instruments.  
-Minor nitpick but Mega Man's walking and ladder animations are a bit jarring
-You don't transition in the air when going through a boss door.  Game is #####.  #####ING DROPPED

But I kid, This game is going to be MM8 tier.  And I liked MM8 so I'm happy.  Then again I probably have ##### taste since I like X8 and the ZX series :D
« Last Edit: 7 September 2018, 13:52:27 by Xero » Logged
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #212 on: 7 September 2018, 14:21:25 »

Then again I probably have ##### taste since I like X8 and the ZX series :D

Can confirm.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #213 on: 7 September 2018, 23:28:49 »

I think my biggest disappointment is the music being kinda bland. Control wise the game seems fine... aside from some possible input lag, at least on Switch. I'll have to try out the demo on PS4 to see if it runs better or not.

Either way, I'll probably give up and play Casual mode in the full game because I don't have enough time to be replaying whole levels because of a game over anymore. Especially since the levels are rather long.

Also... Bounce Man is known as Rubber Man in Japan... I think it's safe to assume why they changed the name.

Posted on: September 07, 2018, 01:40:15 PM

So, Casual in the West is Advanced in Japan... so Casual is actually Normal and Normal is actually Hard. No wonder enemies hit for a #####load when I played it.

Casual it is for me then...
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #214 on: 8 September 2018, 00:59:31 »

I did it on Normal mode.  Wasn't really difficult once you get use to it.  Also it helps to turn on Rapid Fire and map it to a button.  Makes mince meat of everything including the mini boss.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #215 on: 8 September 2018, 02:11:26 »

I ended up switching the Gear buttons with weapon switching because I don't like using ZL and ZR for switching weapons at all... and I did have Slide mapped to A like the Complete Works games, though I never used it, so maybe I'll map Rush Coil to it and then have X be Rapid Fire...
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #216 on: 8 September 2018, 09:39:28 »

Also you don't really need to use Rush in this stage.  The E Tank can be grabbed by using the Pile Driver and dashing over to it.  I thought that was awesome.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #217 on: 8 September 2018, 11:07:38 »

I played the Demo at PAX (seen here) and what's not shown here is the day prior, I was cocky and tried Blast Man, only to keep dying to the mini boss 3 times.

My deaths were because the CAPCOM reps there hand you a terrible PS4 Mini controller for little tykes to play a modern day re-imagining of something brutally expected aimed at 20+ year-olds at an event literally crammed with 30+ year-olds. Seriously, where was the start button on that thing? It's a tiny black button, and where I'm playing isn't exactly well lit.

Blaming the controller aside, I tried Impact Man the next day for footage as seen in the link above, as it was the level least covered among the four bosses we had to select from. I died from poor controller into a spikes, then the rest were my bad involving pits. Then one last death into spikes cause I thought, "##### it. Let's demonstrate the weapons on camera" in an area where I really shouldn't have.

Dying in pits also comes from the knock-back when taking damage. It's absolutely brutal in this one. If you're at the edge of a platform, prepare to drop straight down without a thought.

Everything is solid so far. I'm forgiving the 3D design for now until I get an overall picture of the direction they're going with it. As for the music though, it's kinda lackluster. At least it was until I put the headset down at PAX and walked away, then bits and pieces of the song was a tad catchy.

Difficulty-wise it is good, but I do have some more negative opinions I am choosing to withhold until I live stream it on release ASAP. Until then, I'm practicing the hell out of Block Man's stage to the point where I WILL be embarrassed if I choke.

And to anyone who remembers me beating Mega Man 10 and getting number one on the leaderboards (temporarily): Yes, I am intending to do that again. I don't know if there's even going to be a leaderboard this time, but I don't care. I wanna beat this as faster than anyone else's blind attempts, cause you only get one shot at it.

Although... having played three stages already isn't exactly 100% blind... I am aware.
« Last Edit: 8 September 2018, 11:30:42 by ChaosVortex » Logged

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #218 on: 8 September 2018, 14:08:05 »

My only real complaint is the music.  I doesn't sound Mega Man to me.  Every other issue is minor nitpicks that can be overlooked.  Everything else is top notch.

I really hope this sells well. 
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #219 on: 8 September 2018, 16:23:06 »

Downloaded the demo last night on my Xbox One, will be playing it this evening. Not thrilled with the $30 price tag.

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #220 on: 8 September 2018, 18:09:02 »

Be thankful it isn't $59.99.

I just hope we get extra hidden content aside challenge modes and what not.  And I want a #####ing proper boss fight with Bass.  Bass's whole motivation was to prove he was the strongest and he just was nowhere in 9 and playable in 10 as his own character.  The rivalry needs to continue.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #221 on: 8 September 2018, 21:13:40 »

I really hope this sells well. 

Not to sound like advertising/bragging or anything but if you could, take a look at my Youtube channel for a quick second. Look at the views of videos and my low subscriber count. In particular, look at the PAX videos. The videos gathering the most attention are Mega Man 11, Jump Force, and Super Smash Bros Ultimate. There is also comment activity in those three if you wish to compare those, but comparing view count is easier. Given my low sub count, and the amount of attention Mega Man 11 is getting, it's safe to say people are checking that video out NOT because of the content creator, but the content itself.

Also to add that everyone I've heard who has played the demos, has made positive reviews.

In short, it IS going to do well. You don't even have to hope.

Also: Part of it's success I think has to deal with something CAPCOM has coincidentally done that they should have been doing for years. Part of the hype around this game is akin to Mega Man 9, where there was a waiting period between Mega Man games and NOT a release every year or two.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #222 on: 10 September 2018, 12:00:23 »

The thing with Mega Man is that despite how good it is it just never sells well.  I keep thinking it is because it was never advertised properly back in the day (The Japanese would get adverts while the US and Europe were more or less left in the dark.  Only a handful of Mega Man games made it over 1 million.  

Seeing how the US and Europe are actually advertising the game (Not to mention Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft themselves), it's appears to be getting a lot more exposure.  Could this be the first Mega Man game on its own (Not including re-releases) that breaks 2 Million?  I hope so.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #223 on: 10 September 2018, 14:20:56 »

2 Million?  Pfttt.  Capcom is planning on this baby to sell over 10 million copies.  That's a low estimate too.  Of course if it doesn't meet that very reasonable sales goal it will obviously show no one cares about Mega Man and it's a dead end franchise and the entire effort was a waste of time and resources.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #224 on: 10 September 2018, 14:35:18 »

And I want a #####ing proper boss fight with Bass.  Bass's whole motivation was to prove he was the strongest and he just was nowhere in 9 and playable in 10 as his own character.  The rivalry needs to continue.

Totally agree. Bass was set up to be the Vegeta of this series and they just kind of bailed on it. It's a bummer. Bass has one of the best character designs in all the MM franchises.

Have yet to play the demo because I've been swinging around NYC...

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #225 on: 10 September 2018, 14:49:19 »

A swinger's life isn't all it's cracked up to be my friend, believe me.  You're better off with Mega Man.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #226 on: 10 September 2018, 15:12:25 »

2 Million?  Pfttt.  Capcom is planning on this baby to sell over 10 million copies.  That's a low estimate too.  Of course if it doesn't meet that very reasonable sales goal it will obviously show no one cares about Mega Man and it's a dead end franchise and the entire effort was a waste of time and resources.

Well you're just a ball of sunshine ain't ya :D
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #227 on: 10 September 2018, 20:17:19 »

A swinger's life isn't all it's cracked up to be my friend, believe me.  You're better off with Mega Man.

Until I play the demo and know for sure, I think the assured safety of thwips is better than the potential pews.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #228 on: 14 September 2018, 15:10:52 »

Been playing the demo some more and I'd like to remove one of my nitpicks.

Even the bosses powered up form has easy telegraphed attacks.  It just took some time to figure out.  Block man can barely touch me now. 

Bounce Man's stage and theme is Cute!  CUTE! 

But the boss that would most likely be Acid Man looks the best by far.  Like Snake Man levels of awesome.

Posted on: 12 September 2018, 09:27:56

The amiibo functionality is #####ing #####.  It better do more than just give me a free daily item.  I could have used my Mega Man Smash Amiibo instead.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #229 on: 14 September 2018, 16:48:04 »

I was only getting the amiibo for collecting purposes anyway, I've never been a fan of locking content behind amiibos.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #230 on: 14 September 2018, 16:50:39 »

I don't care about the amiibo thing much, I personally just think it was better in past games that E-tanks weren't just given out so plainly.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #231 on: 14 September 2018, 17:19:55 »

I'd rather just get my E-tanks the right way. 
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #232 on: 14 September 2018, 17:36:46 »

From Dr. Wright?

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #233 on: 14 September 2018, 17:55:42 »

Yeah.  But every time I go to him he keeps trying to solicit me to become the mayor.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #234 on: 14 September 2018, 18:25:11 »

The Wright* way

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #235 on: 14 September 2018, 19:45:57 »

I DEEPLY disappointed they didn't add Dr. Wright to Skylines: Cities for Switch.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #236 on: 14 September 2018, 20:07:51 »

It's funny that he is in Smash.

Isn't Dr.Wright a Maxis property?
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #237 on: 14 September 2018, 20:41:18 »

I believe he's owned by Nintendo, as he was created specifically for the SNES version of Sim City. Plus a character based on him appeared in a couple Zelda games.

LCrazy11
Sniper Joe

« Reply #238 on: 16 September 2018, 10:23:15 »

i just tried the demo on newcomer and it was a lot of fun

dun dun dun dun dun dun dun (mmx3 opening tune intensifies)
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #239 on: 16 September 2018, 17:51:37 »

Newcomer is too handholdy, in my opinion.  Play on Casual if you want to start. 
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #240 on: 17 September 2018, 01:31:37 »

Newcomer is fine, honestly. It doesn't change the stage design at all, unlike Easy Mode in Mega Man 10. Aside from Beat saving you from pits and taking less/dealing more damage, it's the same game.

Personally, I'm going to play Casual so I can take my time and enjoy the game instead of getting frustrated. I'd rather save my normal run once I know everything the game is going to throw at me. Besides, I'm playing it on both PS4 and Switch so I'll do one Casual run and then a Normal run.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #241 on: 17 September 2018, 12:46:13 »

Newcomer just means spikes and pits don't kill. If you fall into a pit it can be abused with invincibility and fly anywhere in the room. Plus an Energy Balancer.

The others just modify how many lives and whether you have an Energy Balancer or not.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #242 on: 18 September 2018, 07:44:44 »

When I played Mega Man 10 I did Proto Man on normal, then Mega Man on hard. I was definitely bad at abusing Proto's shield so while it made the game easier for some, that wasn't the case for me. The double damage really hurt.

I loved that game though I had plenty of game overs. For me that was just part of the experience, because overcoming the challenge really added to my enjoyment of it. I'm not sure how I'd feel about the difficulty now. I'm definitely more of a casual gamer today than I ever have been, but I think if the controls are as tight as I would expect then I'll enjoy the difficulty.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #243 on: 20 September 2018, 02:16:37 »

New Robot Master:  Tundra Man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjFQdUcoJhM

HOLY ##### HE'S #####ING PERFECT!!!
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #244 on: 20 September 2018, 07:00:54 »

And the last Robot Master is Acid Man. Now we know them all.

Mega Man 11 is so close... hoping the Final Stages are interesting.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #245 on: 20 September 2018, 11:07:50 »

Those feet on Acid Man look strange.

But I love Tundra Man's design and personality.  

It looks like Acid Barrier is the token shield weapon and is the same usefulness in the vain of Jewel Satellite and Rolling Shield. 

I don't think there are any bad weapons this time.
« Last Edit: 20 September 2018, 13:26:38 by Xero » Logged
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #246 on: 20 September 2018, 13:36:47 »

Didn't expect to like Tundra Man but he's cool. I didn't really dig the design intially but now seeing that he's a figure skater it all works well. I don't know if the weapon you get from him is really appropriate to his character--That spinning move or the skating dash would have been better (especially the dash because that could give MM a more X-like momentum move), but it's all good.

... I still don't like the RM's talking constantly during the fight.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #247 on: 20 September 2018, 13:46:35 »

You can turn the voice acting off as it is its own separate option from sound and music.

And it reminds me of MM8 so I'm cool with it.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #248 on: 20 September 2018, 15:54:19 »

The bit of what I would presume to be Tundra Man's theme in his video didn't really strike me as very "ice/cold/frozen" as well as other ice themed robot masters.  Kind of disappointed.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #249 on: 20 September 2018, 16:41:28 »

Probably because they're using the same instrument synth for every theme which is a let down.  This would have been acceptable if it was an 8-bit game but sometimes trying to follow the nes games with limitations when making a game up updated everything doesn't always work.  The music needs more instrument variety than just techno rave synths. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Classic Series  |  : Mega Man 11
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string