MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
27 April 2024, 11:56:49
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Classic Series  |  : Mega Man 11
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » Print
Author Topic: Mega Man 11  (Read 35214 times)
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #100 on: 30 May 2018, 18:16:35 »

No female robot masters around this time. 

Maybe X9 will have a female maverick (Optic sunflower was female? & Berkana doesn't count)
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #101 on: 30 May 2018, 20:47:49 »

I wish they went and made another female robot master for this game but it seems there were no plans for one again.. At the very least maybe Roll will be playable in this game.

Also, Japan's getting a much more expensive (costs about $120) Collector's edition that comes with a few more things plus a 1-up.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #102 on: 30 May 2018, 20:54:10 »

Looks neat.  I think I'll buy it physical for the swtich, digital for the PS4 (I have a 1TB drive so why the ##### not).  Hopefully there will be other ways to get the Mega Man Amiibo by itself.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #103 on: 30 May 2018, 21:49:12 »

I hope the US gets the amiibo stand alone.  But at least since Japan is, we know there will be box art for it this time and not just a white card (though I'm grateful to have gotten it on card at all).

Also, if we never get another female robot master I can die a little less bitter.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Panda
Sniper Joe

« Reply #104 on: 30 May 2018, 22:14:13 »

In the Game Informer interview they said that they designed heaps of potential robot masters (at least one of which was female) but they cut them down to eight based off which designs and elements fit well together, and no females made the cut this time.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #105 on: 30 May 2018, 22:20:13 »

I remember reading that article.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #106 on: 31 May 2018, 13:16:52 »

if we never get another female robot master I can die a little less bitter.

I don't see the problem with female robot masters.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #107 on: 31 May 2018, 14:56:17 »

The whole gimmick is "Theme" Man.  They're all male.  It's a significant difference to me and I don't like it.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #108 on: 31 May 2018, 15:11:09 »

I don't see the harm of having a female robot master once in awhile.

Maybe in the next X game we'll have a rock/mineral based maverick.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #109 on: 3 June 2018, 02:04:57 »

Looks like some people were trying to guess the Robot Master names that were blurred out, and it seems like the names could be the following:

[Spoiler]- Acid Man / Glue Man / Gas Man
- Blast Man / Edge Man / Sharp Man
- Torch Man / Blast Man
- Impact Man / Builder Man
- Bounce Man / Cosmic Man
- Tundra Man / Quartz Man / Icicle Man[/spoiler]
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #110 on: 4 June 2018, 14:12:06 »

If there's any creedence to these, the most simplistic names are the most likely ones. Megaman doesn't get complicated with this stuff.

I highly doubt "Glue Man". I highly doubt fan guesses in general, but there's nothing about that design that is evocative of "glue". Of the guesses there, Acid Man is likely the closest. Everything about his design speaks to toxicity; Green fluid with bubbles accented by purple with a sharp point on the head, it's the common colour scheme and shapes for this type of character. If he's something other than acid/radioactivity/toxic then it's a waste of the design.

As for "Gas Man", well he's clearly got a fluid in those tubes rather than a gas. If they're thinking of "gas" as fuel.. then it's typically illustrated more yellow-ish than green, and we've already had the controversial Oil Man, but I could see them bending it that way.

The whole gimmick is "Theme" Man.  They're all male.  It's a significant difference to me and I don't like it.

They're all robots. Actually more important they're all drawings of robots. I really don't see the difference between "Theme" Man and "Theme" Woman. If it changed anything about the established universe or gameplay I could see the problem. Making some of them "female" only opens up the art direction, instead of stifling it which is clearly happening at this point since we seem to have Astro Man Jr. and Edgelord Form Gemini Man coming in MM11.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #111 on: 4 June 2018, 18:11:10 »

They're all robots. Actually more important they're all drawings of robots. I really don't see the difference between "Theme" Man and "Theme" Woman. If it changed anything about the established universe or gameplay I could see the problem. Making some of them "female" only opens up the art direction, instead of stifling it which is clearly happening at this point since we seem to have Astro Man Jr. and Edgelord Form Gemini Man coming in MM11.

We'll agree to disagree.  Vehemently.

Panda
Sniper Joe

« Reply #112 on: 5 June 2018, 11:38:52 »

It's Robot Masters, not Robot Mistresses!

(Actually, I wouldn't mind playing a game like that...  ;))
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #113 on: 5 June 2018, 17:06:57 »

It seems like the Switch version in Europe is digital only. No word on the other platforms yet.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #114 on: 5 June 2018, 17:50:50 »

That sucks. 

Anyways I've already preordered the switch version.  I really hope there is a playable demo so we can gauge if the game is going to be bad or not.  But from what I've seen, I don't think it will be bad.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #115 on: 5 June 2018, 19:25:34 »

We'll agree to disagree.  Vehemently.

Maybe you will.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #116 on: 5 June 2018, 21:48:05 »

I do everything vehemently.

And it's sad to see Europe getting the extra screwage again, as they usually get the short end of the shaft (but at least they got stand alone Bayonetta 1 retail for Wii U and a retail Fatal Frame 5 for Wii U), but at least Switch is region free so they can import.

It's still more Capcom horse ##### though.

Panda
Sniper Joe

« Reply #117 on: 6 June 2018, 11:54:44 »

Looks like a the amiibo might be NA exclusive as well?

Disappointed...
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #118 on: 6 June 2018, 12:50:17 »

I fail to understand why Capcom does things like this.  Do they think it might not sell well in Europe?  It makes no sense.  Although I know not much from a marketing standpoint, I really don't understand why they limit promotions to certain regions and the only thing I can guess is that it is cost related.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #119 on: 6 June 2018, 15:13:36 »

Yes, Europe gets screwed on Mega Man 11.  Japan gets the Amiibo and the US does, but it looks like it won't release in Europe at all for some reason.  Also the game itself is digital only in Europe.  I don't see how you can be a gamer in Europe, to be honest.  And while importing sucks, at least it's an option for the retail game and amiibo.

Capcom is ##### in most of their decisions.  They never did a retail for Mega Man 9 or 10 back in the day.  They moved Ace Attorney to digital only outside of Japan.  All of these would have sold more than enough to make a profit, but it wouldn't be "enough" profit to make it "worth their while".  That mindset is the core problem for most of their awful decisions.

LCrazy11
Sniper Joe

« Reply #120 on: 6 June 2018, 16:33:06 »

DAMN YOU CAPCOM! I'M STILL TECHNICALLY IN EUROPE BUT THAT WILL CHANGE SOON BUT ANYWAY I STILL WANT A PHYSICAL COPY

dun dun dun dun dun dun dun (mmx3 opening tune intensifies)
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #121 on: 6 June 2018, 16:59:37 »

Calm down.  You can still import the game.  But still it's lame.

Posted on:  6 June 2018, 15:47:54

On a different note.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6Tb9-YgObw

Developer interview.  It's in Japanese, but from the gist of it, it looks like they are trying to emulate the classic games as close as possible from Mega Man's movements.

Good to know they are following the source material VERY CLOSELY.  But still, that walking animation needs to be fixed.  It still irks me.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #122 on: 7 June 2018, 02:00:19 »

Needs to go back to 2D to really get there though.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #123 on: 7 June 2018, 10:04:11 »

Sprites or Hand drawn art like Wario Ware Shake it?
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #124 on: 7 June 2018, 17:57:37 »

Sprites. Personally, hand-drawn is still not the same the tightness, it only works well (in my opinion) when the whole game is designed around it like Cuphead. Shantae: Half-Genie Hero did a really good job converting to hand-drawn from the sprites though (but I still prefer the animation of Shantae And The Pirate's Curse more).

If you're going to try to emulate Mega Man's 2D movements 1:1 in 3D, you have to be cool with dropping frames (I mean "frames" in terms of animation, not framerate). So far, this was best done in Smash Bros., since they animated pose-to-pose very quickly.

Anyway, Capcom clearly thinks "Megaman doesn't do well in Europe historically" but doesn't realize that's 100% due to their own #####erage with the European market.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #125 on: 13 June 2018, 12:17:42 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_uafKElLVo&t=9s

Block Man Stage gameplay.

Looks really good here.  Only complains are walking & ladder climbing animation, but they are more nitpicks than anything.  I'm really liking what I'm seeing. 
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #126 on: 13 June 2018, 14:17:07 »

Definitely warming up to the look overall, especially since they're clearly tweaking and tightening the animations as they go. That run cycle is still a bit off though.

I see what you mean about the climbing, Xero. I kinda like it and kind of don't. It's just a bit... It seems like there's less frames there than for everything else, but I kind of like that it's a little stuttery.

That mini-boss thing was really well animated with a good character design. Actually I think I really like everything's animation outside of MM himself, gotta hope they keep tinkering.

Love: The design of green wheeler dude.
Don't love: Mega Man screaming when he dies.

Oh and that stage started to look a bit reminiscent of the MMX opening stage at one point, that was nice. Stage backgrounds are real nice looking.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #127 on: 14 June 2018, 15:26:56 »

Also Block Man's stage sounds pretty good.  Chill like MM8's soundtrack.

Posted on: 13 June 2018, 13:41:46

Looking at this game more and more.  I'm getting Mega Man 8 vibes, but better in nearly every way. 

Even the bosses have silly pun dialog.

October 2nd can't come soon enough.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #128 on: 14 June 2018, 16:35:17 »

I've also thought it had a very "Mega Man 8 but much better" vibe to it.  Not that I dislike Mega Man 8, but it was the weakest of the main series games.  Now Rockman & Forte, that might just drop down into dislike territory, as it's "Mega Man 8 but much worse".

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #129 on: 14 June 2018, 17:21:05 »

Played Mega Man 8 recently.  I liked it, but it's not the best.  I hate having to backtrack for bolts because I don't have the right weapon.  It's like X3 all over again.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #130 on: 14 June 2018, 21:37:46 »

But X3 was MUCH better than MM8.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #131 on: 16 June 2018, 00:57:29 »

I mean in terms of backtracking.

Posted on: 15 June 2018, 00:05:42

Mega Man 11 apparently one various "Best Of E3" Nominations.

This is #####ing awesome. 
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #132 on: 16 June 2018, 16:56:31 »

...did you mean won?

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #133 on: 19 June 2018, 14:39:35 »

i don't know if they won any, but the fact they were nominated at all shows good promise. 

Still being cautiously optimistic.   
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #134 on: 19 June 2018, 18:44:42 »

He meant because you said they "one various 'Best Of E3' Nominations"...

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #135 on: 20 June 2018, 12:19:46 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep8_ytSJmiY

Fuse Man Stage Gameplay.

I like how you can see what is going to happen if you pay attention to the level layout.  Games need to do this more often rather than having to go through blindly like the Zero series.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #136 on: 20 June 2018, 13:52:44 »

This person stinks at Mega Man.

Something I've been thinking about the sound design in this game that's kinda cool; The approach to the SFX and music parallels the visual approach of the game. It's reminiscent of classic Mega Man tunes but it's undeniably polished in a very modern way, just like how the game has this effect-heavy 2.5D look. I don't know if any of the music really grabs me yet but it's clear they are really trying in all aspects of the game to make sure they don't ##### this one up.

Still not sold the bosses talking during the fight, but cheesy lines like "prepare to diode" don't help.

Hearing the other people playing in the background is funny. One guy seems to be getting his clock cleaned by this game.

I like how you can see what is going to happen if you pay attention to the level layout.  Games need to do this more often rather than having to go through blindly like the Zero series.

I have just diagnosed you with sequelitis.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #137 on: 3 July 2018, 17:15:13 »

This person stinks at Mega Man.

Something I've been thinking about the sound design in this game that's kinda cool; The approach to the SFX and music parallels the visual approach of the game. It's reminiscent of classic Mega Man tunes but it's undeniably polished in a very modern way, just like how the game has this effect-heavy 2.5D look. I don't know if any of the music really grabs me yet but it's clear they are really trying in all aspects of the game to make sure they don't ##### this one up.

Still not sold the bosses talking during the fight, but cheesy lines like "prepare to diode" don't help.

Hearing the other people playing in the background is funny. One guy seems to be getting his clock cleaned by this game.

I have just diagnosed you with sequelitis.

I actually just watched that this morning.  RIDING ON CARS!!!

Posted on: 20 June 2018, 13:31:29

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXJov_SVIag
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMTHtbcCSKo

Episode 2 & 3 of Mega Man 11 development are up.

Episode 2 focuses on Mega Man's design, while Episode 3 focuses on stage design.

Posted on: 21 June 2018, 11:05:09

New info:

Blast Man:  The Edgy robot master whose lair is an abandoned amusement park/movie studio (Didn't Clown Man do this already?)  His stage gimmick is dealing with multiple explosives throughout the stage.  Also included is a roller coaster mini-boss (I'm guessing every stage is going to have a mini-boss or something). 

His weapon is Chain Blast, which allows Mega Man to make multiple bombs float and stick to enemies, they can be chained together to stronger explosions and the Power gear makes those explosions even larger.

Also Time Attack is returning and a new mode called Balloon Mode.  You have to destroy every red balloon while avoiding every blue balloon. 

Sounds neat.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #138 on: 3 July 2018, 17:27:54 »

If I'm not mistaken, Blast Man is the first instance of a brand new Robot Master who already has a Battle Network counterpart. There was a BlastMan.EXE in BN6.

I don't really care much for time attack mode, but the balloon mode could be fun I guess.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #139 on: 3 July 2018, 17:52:14 »

The next should be Torch Man but in name only.  (The dub of NT Warrior renamed Fire Man to Torch Man)
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #140 on: 3 July 2018, 18:56:59 »

I was going to say we already got Torch Man from that crappy Mega Man 3 DOS game, but I remembered that game also had an Oil Man, Blade Man, and Shark Man, so they may very well make a real Torch Man someday.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #141 on: 3 July 2018, 19:50:14 »

The Mega Man sized/styled Robot Masters still look really off putting to me scaled up to be bigger than Mega Man.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #142 on: 4 July 2018, 12:11:11 »

I like Blast Man's design.  And it appears his stage is pretty cool too, but the idea is semi-recycled from Clown Man, though I have to say it looks better.  I'll have to see it in action I guess.

Posted on:  3 July 2018, 23:47:01

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=20&v=LV5pbsjVKe4

Blast Chain in action.  It's basically a superior version of Danger Wrap.

Posted on:  4 July 2018, 01:40:33

Oh #####ing hell!  Not these enemies again. 
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #143 on: 4 July 2018, 15:18:31 »

I hate fighting them, but at the same time I'm glad they're there if you know what I mean. The challenge is what this series is about.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #144 on: 4 July 2018, 20:20:08 »

They will be easier though due to slide and charge
LCrazy11
Sniper Joe

« Reply #145 on: 4 July 2018, 21:10:43 »

but what if for no reason you cannot slide between the legs of the suit?

dun dun dun dun dun dun dun (mmx3 opening tune intensifies)
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #146 on: 4 July 2018, 21:38:56 »

You probably can slide under it when it tries to jump on you. If it still jumps at you anyway.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #147 on: 5 July 2018, 01:41:54 »

So far the returning enemies are as follows

MM1:  Pickelman, Sniper Joe
MM2:  Metall (Can be for any MM game), Sniper Armor, Batton
MM4:  Wall Turret
MM5:  Lyric, Tatepakkan
MM7:  Baccone (May be a new variant)

Also alot of new enemies too. 
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #148 on: 5 July 2018, 14:47:17 »

What other stage enemies would you all like to see return?

Have to assume Sniper Joe will be back, so I put my votes in for Matasaburo/Fan Fiend, Batton, and MM2's Monking.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #149 on: 5 July 2018, 14:50:04 »

I would think Shield Attacker, or a variant of will be back.  It's been in since 4.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Classic Series  |  : Mega Man 11
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string