MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
27 April 2024, 07:30:13
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Classic Series  |  : Mega Man 11
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » Print
Author Topic: Mega Man 11  (Read 35189 times)
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #150 on: 5 July 2018, 18:23:11 »

But would you like it to return?

That's one of those enemies I find the least inventive, but I guess should be in. They're in every MM clone pretty much anyway.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #151 on: 5 July 2018, 18:53:29 »

It wouldn't be the same without them.

I would more personally like to see more animal like enemies like Ratton, Sumatran, Au-Au, etc return. 
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #152 on: 5 July 2018, 19:33:27 »

That armor rider looks too turned to the side.  It should be more left or right facing.  Other than that I love it though.

My #1 wish would be for the MM1 Big Eye to come back.  Those things creeped me the ##### out back in the day.  No other "gate guardian" large enemy has ever really captured that same feeling of fear/dread as those Big Eyes.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #153 on: 5 July 2018, 21:30:24 »

Big Eyes were such a nightmare for me to handle as a kid. And then when Wily Stage 1 had three in a row... thankfully you had Ice Slasher to freeze them in midair.

And I agree, the other Big Eye type enemies were usually really weak or slow and easy to handle.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #154 on: 10 July 2018, 16:35:32 »

It looks like the big jumper enemy this game has a hidden compartment that hits you with a spring loaded fist.  My personal favorite was Jumbig from MM4.

Posted on:  6 July 2018, 01:31:01

Just wanted to bring something up.  When I was really young, I didn't think any of the enemies or bosses had eyes, it was just a giant white w over their faces.  Even in 11 it looks like they have giant white w's on their face.  Stupid I know, but just wanted to share that. :D
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #155 on: 10 July 2018, 16:49:47 »

What you saw vs what it was

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #156 on: 10 July 2018, 20:27:57 »

Capping it off with an emoticon of MM with his eyes closed is genius.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #157 on: 11 July 2018, 13:43:06 »

I mean am I wrong?  The ways the eyes are set up in the NES sprites make it look like a white lower case W for enemies and some bosses.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #158 on: 11 July 2018, 14:21:55 »

You are wrong, yes.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #159 on: 11 July 2018, 16:03:56 »

I mean am I wrong?  The ways the eyes are set up in the NES sprites make it look like a white lower case W for enemies and some bosses.

I tried. I tried really hard. I tried really hard to see what you see. I tried really hard to see what you see and I couldn't see it.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #160 on: 11 July 2018, 16:05:06 »

Keep in mind this was like when I was 5 to 6 years old. 
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #161 on: 11 July 2018, 19:16:17 »

Excuses are unexcuseable.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #162 on: 12 July 2018, 03:13:55 »

I tried. I tried really hard. I tried really hard to see what you see. I tried really hard to see what you see and I couldn't see it.

Same, I couldn't either. But I had a similar experience where I thought HeatMan.EXE's mouth was his eyes and didn't realize otherwise until i saw official art of him. So... I kinda get how it could happen.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #163 on: 18 July 2018, 00:47:05 »

Seeing that the Sniper Armor is back, do you think we'll be able to use it like a Ride Armor this time around?  Might be cool.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #164 on: 18 July 2018, 07:47:49 »

Could be fun if handled right. Wasn't there art of it with a 4 on it, implying it was planned to be Item-4?
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #165 on: 18 July 2018, 13:30:18 »

Legacy Collection databases state that it was originally created for Mega Man to use.

Posted on: 18 July 2018, 11:34:42

Gameplay footage of Blast Man Stage going on right now at CapcomTV Stream!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xYkm9NGgdo

Edit:  It was short, but pretty neat.

Looks like Sniper Armors explode upon defeating the Sniper Joe that pilots them.  So much for that.

Another returning enemy:  Propeller Eye from MM6.  Now it can fire shots.

The Rollar Coaster mini-boss appears to be unable to take damage directly.  You probably have to destroy the bomb-bots it drops and have it explode when the coaster comes by.  AT times, they will change direction and try to collide into you.
« Last Edit: 18 July 2018, 13:40:51 by Xero » Logged
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #166 on: 18 July 2018, 13:34:02 »

Looks like when he killed the Sniper Armor just now the whole thing just blew up, so I guess the ride armor idea is out of the question.

I still don't like MM's run animation at all in this, but at least the game looks fast and tight.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #167 on: 20 July 2018, 00:52:22 »

Also to note:  The music for Blast Man's stage appears to be the same music heard in the Pre-Order trailer when Dr.Light explains the Double Gear System.

Posted on: 18 July 2018, 12:42:53

And as many have predicted, the Fire Robot Master is indeed Torch Man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=27&v=kQnVfhhQM2U

Here is gameplay footage of Torch Man in Action.  I love how the bosses are tough this time around.  I still want a playable demo though.
« Last Edit: 20 July 2018, 01:21:53 by Xero » Logged
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #168 on: 20 July 2018, 17:18:46 »

I'm now squarely in the opinion I do NOT like how the bosses are giants compared to Mega Man.  They're at least twice as big as they should be compared to Mega Man.  It is visually very jarring.  It may not have been as noticeable in 8bits, but this style is extremely stick out.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #169 on: 20 July 2018, 18:16:09 »

Yeah he is a bit too tall there, but it doesn't bother me that much.  I'm more jarred about Mega Man's walking and ladder animations.  Other than that no other complaints.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #170 on: 20 July 2018, 18:54:55 »

Mega Man being tiny is definitely weird. I get that the bosses are normally bigger but Block Man is supposed to be short and yet he's enormous compared to Mega Man.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #171 on: 20 July 2018, 19:09:24 »

I'd care about it if they were established bosses from the past. Changing their size would change the gameplay. I don't really care what sizes the NEW bosses are. Looks like they just went back to Mega Man being kid-sized.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #172 on: 20 July 2018, 20:11:36 »

The difference was never that much for a similarly designed mostly human shaped Robot Master.  Most of them were maybe 3-5 pixels taller than Mega Man outside of your bigger less human shaped bots like Hard Man, Guts Man, and Frost Man.

Even comparing them to Mega Man, look at the scale for Light, Roll, and Auto.  The robot Masters would be bigger and taller than Auto.  They make Dr. Light look small.  No, the Robot Masters in 11 are just sized too damn big and it looks really really bad and out of place.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #173 on: 26 July 2018, 16:41:04 »

Footage of Blast Man & Torch Man + you can hear part of their music theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtiWiKEEy8I
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #174 on: 27 July 2018, 14:33:55 »

WHAT is with the aspect ratio of this video? I guess they formatted it for instagram... But now you can't really see a whole screen at once  ::)

Anyway I definitely see Rez's point about sizing when it comes to RM's like Blast Man. It is a bit odd because of his proportions. For Torch Man however I don't really care, he's just taller. Maybe it's something about his specific design, but they're all robots anyway so I don't really mind if their sizing isn't 100% uniform.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #175 on: 1 August 2018, 14:25:28 »

Balloon Attack mode footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zalt6e5h0JU
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #176 on: 1 August 2018, 19:27:33 »

I get that some people are not as good at Mega Man games, or video games in general, but everytime I watch people play it's so painful.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #177 on: 1 August 2018, 19:33:06 »

Either they are deliberately playing #####ty, or they really are that bad a video games.  I can't tell anyways.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #178 on: 1 August 2018, 19:38:00 »

Either that or maybe when playing in front of people they make more mistakes. I know I sometimes play #####tier when too many people are watching me play.

Either way, Balloon mode will probably be fun, at least for a bit.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #179 on: 1 August 2018, 21:25:22 »

It would be nice if they got people who could play to do some of these.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #180 on: 2 August 2018, 13:34:43 »

The official Japanese (AND ENGLISH!) websites updated with voice samples for revealed characters for Mega Man 11.  They give the Japanese CV's for each character the we don't know anything about the English voice actors yet...

http://www.megaman-11.com/us/

It's been confirmed that Todd Haberkorn (Jaco in Dragonball Super, Either Yun or Yang) is the voice of Fuse Man.

Sounds like Ben Disken (Numbah 1, Numbah 2, Shoutmon, Nova, Eddie Brock/Venom) is the voice of Mega Man

I think Cristina Vee (Ophilia from Octopath Traveler) is the voice of Roll.

Maybe Travis Willingham (Guile, Thor, Knuckles) is the voice of Block Man.

No idea about Blast Man, but maybe Kyle Hebert (Ryu, Gohan) is the voice of Torch Man.  Can't really tell.  Not sure about Wily either, but whoever did Light in MVC: I is reprising his role again.

I'm getting Mega Man 8 vibes and I love it!  Anyways I think Wily sounds pretty decent (Of course nothing will EVER hold a candle to Scott McNeil's portrayal of Dr.Wily)
« Last Edit: 2 August 2018, 13:53:42 by Xero » Logged
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #181 on: 2 August 2018, 14:46:08 »

I cringe as much as you all when watching this guy play Mega Man, but let's remember he's clearly trying to demo the game mechanics to the uninitiated more than anything else. That includes messing up so the audience understands the game better. It's also not fun for the people who haven't already decided to buy this game (unlike us) to see someone breeze through it.

Not to mention that watching someone play and actually playing are so, so,  different. Just watch a Let's Play; Even though the player might actually be good, you're going to notice more than them because you aren't concentrating the same way. It's a pretty common thing, and as Nova said I'm definitely #####tier with a group of people watching me.

But yeah, long winded take aside this balloon mode thing looks way more fun that I expected.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #182 on: 2 August 2018, 14:52:05 »

Roll does sound very Opheliay.  But Jesus H. Christ "Mega" sounds horrid.  I get that they're just shorting Mega Man, but I think it would have been better to just say Mega Man or just use his name, Rock, rather than Mega.  It sounds too much like Powered Up's changing his ACTUAL name to Mega.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #183 on: 2 August 2018, 14:55:54 »

Personally, I can't stand when they give him an  "actual name". Whether it's games or comics, when they call him "Rock" or "Mega" it sounds so silly to me. Which is saying something, since this is a series about a weaponized boy robot.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #184 on: 2 August 2018, 15:08:40 »

Someone needs to draw Roll dressed up like Ophelia calling Dr.Light "Your Excellency!" :D
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #185 on: 9 August 2018, 14:53:23 »

DEMO COMING IN ONE MONTH!

https://www.trueachievements.com/n33908/mega-man-11-demo-coming-to-the-xbox-one-next-month

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #186 on: 9 August 2018, 15:27:16 »

*Xbox*
*No Word of PS4 or Switch*

That's some #####ing bull##### right there
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #187 on: 9 August 2018, 19:22:13 »

I GUARANTEE you Xbox will dead last in sales for this.  Switch followed by PS4 followed by Xbone is how it's going to go.  It makes... zero sense to do a demo only on the platform you won't see many sales on.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #188 on: 10 August 2018, 00:17:19 »

Xbox will be dead last regardless.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #189 on: 10 August 2018, 14:28:13 »

Perhaps if there's an XBox demo there will be at least a PC one.

It's assuredly a Switch purchase for me, but I'm not using the demo to test the game on specific hardware, I just want to get a feel for if the actual game is a good time or not.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #190 on: 10 August 2018, 14:39:49 »

Perhaps if there's an XBox demo there will be at least a PC one.

It's assuredly a Switch purchase for me, but I'm not using the demo to test the game on specific hardware, I just want to get a feel for if the actual game is a good time or not.

Basically this.  From what I've seen looks very VERY promising, but I can't truly judge until I can try it out.  I hope it lives up to the hype its generating.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #191 on: 10 August 2018, 15:13:11 »

I'm skipping the demo regardless of platform(s).  I know I'm getting it and I want to start it with the whole game and not having played one stage to death when it comes out.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #192 on: 10 August 2018, 19:00:36 »

I'll play it once. I can resist playing it to death pretty easily but I'll be pissed if I buy the game and the gameplay is very unsatisfying (like an MN9 situation or something). I'm not really a collector, so I don't already know 100% that I'm getting the game.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #193 on: 12 August 2018, 03:58:20 »

I GUARANTEE you Xbox will dead last in sales for this.  Switch followed by PS4 followed by Xbone is how it's going to go.  It makes... zero sense to do a demo only on the platform you won't see many sales on.

Or maybe Microsoft forked over some cash to give their userbase a first taste. They seem to be going HAM on exclusives as of late, and perhaps while they couldn't persuade Capcom to make it a timed exclusive, they could've gotten a demo out of it. Just conjecture, because I don't see any other point in a demo as well.

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #194 on: 12 August 2018, 04:32:19 »

I don't recall there being any official announcement of the demo, so it probably just leaked for Xbox only so far and they'll announce the demo all platforms once they want to officially announce it. At least I would assume...
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #195 on: 12 August 2018, 19:57:41 »

Or maybe Microsoft forked over some cash to give their userbase a first taste. They seem to be going HAM on exclusives as of late, and perhaps while they couldn't persuade Capcom to make it a timed exclusive, they could've gotten a demo out of it. Just conjecture, because I don't see any other point in a demo as well.

Mega Man 11 is not the type of game most of Xbox's user base gives 2 #####s about.  Those people are almost exclusively Switch and PS4 users.  And they're not getting an Xbone just to play Mega Man 11 a year before they can on the console that has games they actually want.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #196 on: 15 August 2018, 13:44:30 »

The switch is the best console IMO for Mega Man & Mega Man X at this moment.  Being able to play X4 & X8 on the go is awesome.  Of course X1-X3 are perfect as well.

And of course the legacy collection is great. 

Posted on: 12 August 2018, 23:25:40

Jump Saver Mode Gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fRb04xo2uE&t=155s

Looks like you have to see how little you jump when clearing a stage.  Not sure what the point is, but neat I guess.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #197 on: 15 August 2018, 14:25:13 »

Did you see the jumpless run on Super Mario Odyssey?  The game has a jump counter in it to tell you how many times you jumped.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #198 on: 31 August 2018, 17:40:16 »

Impact Man Trailer
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #199 on: 31 August 2018, 18:13:40 »

I like his weapon.  That pile driver is like an air dash for Mega Man

Does he have a french accent?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Classic Series  |  : Mega Man 11
Jump to: