MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
28 April 2024, 21:39:13
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : Need a little help.
Pages: 1 2 » Print
Author Topic: Need a little help.  (Read 12259 times)
Morgan Guyer
Sniper Joe

« on: 13 January 2008, 04:50:11 »

I'm on a mission to collect every GREAT Gamecube game I've missed within the last 5 years. And I mean GREAT. So I need to know what I should get.

Here is what I have so far:

Super Smash Bros. Melee
Soul Calibur 2
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time + Master Quest
The Legend of Zelda: Collectors Edition
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Viewtiful Joe 1
Viewtiful Joe 2
Resident Evil 4
Sonic Mega Collection
Sonic Gems Collection
Star Wars: Rogue Leader: Rogue Squadron 2

What I ordered today:

Pikmin 2

What I hope to order soon:

Pikmin
Chibi Robo
Mario Kart: Double Dash
Super Mario Sunshine
Luigi's Mansion
Star Fox Assualt
Star Fox Adventures
F-Zero GX
Kirby's Air Ride

I need to know what else I should get from you folks.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #1 on: 13 January 2008, 04:53:40 »

Assuming, non Mega Man, I have these games:

Paper Mario 2: The Thousand-Year Door. Personally, my favorite Paper Mario game, and the most difficult one to boot (still easyish though).
Sonic Adventure DX
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
DragonBall Z Budokai 2

... I only really suggest Paper Mario though...

EDIT: OMG, I forgot Tales of Symphonia. It's a MUST PLAY.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #2 on: 13 January 2008, 04:55:32 »

So is Baten Katos 1 and 2.

Morgan Guyer
Sniper Joe

« Reply #3 on: 13 January 2008, 04:55:45 »

Assuming, non Mega Man, I have these games:

Paper Mario 2: The Thousand-Year Door. Personally, my favorite Paper Mario game, and the most difficult one to boot (still easyish though).
Sonic Adventure DX
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
DragonBall Z: Budokai 2

... I only really suggest Paper Mario though...

EDIT: OMG, I forgot Tales of Symphonia. It's a MUST PLAY.

Good choices, I forgot about Tales of Symphonia.

Though I'm not a fan of the 3D sonic games.
Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #4 on: 13 January 2008, 04:56:25 »

I don't know if you're an RPG guy but you can try getting Tales of Symphonia and maybe try getting the Baten Kaitos series, though they are not for everyone, they certainly are very unique gamecube exclusive games, give them a try.

Oops, I see Chaos and Vinch mentioned them before me!
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #5 on: 13 January 2008, 05:02:50 »

I'll try snatching Baten Kratos.

And like I said, I only really suggest Paper Mario and Tales on my list Morgan. I mean, both Sonic games are good, but no one plays Battle anymore and DX is meh. Budokai is great, but why settle for it when you can get Budokai 3 for the PS2?

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #6 on: 13 January 2008, 05:38:53 »

Some people are going to suggest, and you're going to get, games that you end up not liking. I think that's inevitable, Morg.

But I thought Beyond Good & Evil was a great game on GC.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #7 on: 13 January 2008, 05:47:45 »

Well, the two I specifically mentioned I sincerely doubt he won't like, but I looked at Morgan's list.

You're probably going to be dissappointed in Luigi's Mansion. I only played the demo and I wasn't entertained much, plus I heard it was pretty bad.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #8 on: 13 January 2008, 05:51:32 »

Mixed reviews on that game is usually what I hear. One person loves it, the next hates it, and there's no clear reason why either way. I found it pretty good, that said I never finished it.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #9 on: 13 January 2008, 05:53:49 »

Well, yeah. Like I said, I only played the demo which isn't really much at all. If I can manage to find a copy real cheap and actually have the urge to try it out, I might.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #10 on: 13 January 2008, 05:54:34 »

Luigi's Mansion? For me, it was enjoyable. It could've been better, but I still replay it a lot.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #11 on: 13 January 2008, 05:57:48 »

Also, I only played the demo of Pikmin, but it's a loveable game. I need to put it on my "WANT" list, right next to Legends 2.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #12 on: 13 January 2008, 06:14:00 »

I got bored of Pikmin. Glad I only rented it.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #13 on: 13 January 2008, 16:08:52 »

I agree with Mike on Beyond Good and Evil, but you ALL forgot

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Reqium

Great game.

Morg, if you PM me your address, I can mail you Super Mario Sunshine, though it's just the disc... I got it second hand.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #14 on: 13 January 2008, 17:31:48 »

Super Monkey Ball was the best launch title, no arguments. You need that one.

I dunno' if you're a fan of the Tony Hawk games or if you're interested in multi-console releases, but American Wasteland is right up there with my Gamecube games.

Morgan Guyer
Sniper Joe

« Reply #15 on: 13 January 2008, 19:14:26 »

I agree with Mike on Beyond Good and Evil, but you ALL forgot

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Reqium

Great game.

Morg, if you PM me your address, I can mail you Super Mario Sunshine, though it's just the disc... I got it second hand.

Thanks, but no thanks, John. ::bows::

I'm OCD when it comes to buying games, they must be brand new and factory sealed.

But again, thank you.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #16 on: 13 January 2008, 19:24:34 »

Awright.
But ED:SR is a must have.

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #17 on: 14 January 2008, 17:20:09 »

Star Wars: Rogue Leader: Rogue Squadron 2

Boo. Flight sims don't play well without a real joystick.
Kamon
Robot Master

« Reply #18 on: 14 January 2008, 17:41:24 »

Rogue Leader played perfectly fine. So do a number of other flight games.

MMM's pet Tachikoma.
Voulnet
Sniper Joe

« Reply #19 on: 14 January 2008, 18:42:34 »

Speaking of flight games, anyone play Ace Combat games?

Make mistakes. It's fun.
Kamon
Robot Master

« Reply #20 on: 14 January 2008, 18:44:34 »

I've only played 5, 0 and X but I think they're awesome!

MMM's pet Tachikoma.
Voulnet
Sniper Joe

« Reply #21 on: 14 January 2008, 19:18:58 »

I've played 2 through Zero, except for X. They're some of the best PS games I have ever played. I would love to play 6, the 360 version.
5 was by far the best and most epic game of the series.

Make mistakes. It's fun.
Kamon
Robot Master

« Reply #22 on: 14 January 2008, 19:51:53 »

I agree with you about 5. 0's last fight was just plain mean. The music kicked serious arse tho.

I'm hoping AC6 gets a PS3 release.

MMM's pet Tachikoma.
Voulnet
Sniper Joe

« Reply #23 on: 14 January 2008, 21:10:24 »

Amen to that, I don't wish to buy a 360 anytime soon, and I just can't accept the fact that there is an Ace Combat game I cannot get.

Make mistakes. It's fun.
Kamon
Robot Master

« Reply #24 on: 14 January 2008, 21:22:39 »

Same here. If there's no PS3 release, I might just miss out on AC6.

MMM's pet Tachikoma.
Voulnet
Sniper Joe

« Reply #25 on: 14 January 2008, 21:48:25 »

Hey Morgan, I don't know how you're seeing RE4 as a great game, especially plot-wise. I hated that game, being an dedicated fan of the RE series.
However, I suggest you buy some Ace Combat games, the best of the series are for the PS2, you'll love it if you love action, this game is no boring flight simulator.

Make mistakes. It's fun.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #26 on: 14 January 2008, 23:50:57 »

Voulnet, almost every gamer agrees that RE4 is, indeed, an amazing game. You're the first I've read stating their dislike for it.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #27 on: 14 January 2008, 23:58:59 »

Skies of Arcadia.

If you put either Starfox on your list because you liked the SNES or N64 games, remove both the Gamecube Starfox games.  They both suck ass.  Assault at least PRETENDS to try to be an actual Starfox game, but it does everything wrong.  The rail shooter stages don't play anywhere near as well as 64's and the rest is all poorly designed/implemented on foot or free range vehicle missions.

Then again, you have Prime 1 and 2 on your list.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #28 on: 15 January 2008, 00:59:56 »

The new StarFox games are such dissapointments... too many on foot missions that require you to kill everything and not enough rail shooter stages. Also the fact that there's only like TEN MISSIONS! Multiplayer ain't too bad though, many options...

I'm talking about Assult BTW. Adventures was like... a huge WTF. It wasn't even supposed to be a StarFox game.

Morgan Guyer
Sniper Joe

« Reply #29 on: 15 January 2008, 04:24:35 »

Skies of Arcadia.

If you put either Starfox on your list because you liked the SNES or N64 games, remove both the Gamecube Starfox games.  They both suck ass.  Assault at least PRETENDS to try to be an actual Starfox game, but it does everything wrong.  The rail shooter stages don't play anywhere near as well as 64's and the rest is all poorly designed/implemented on foot or free range vehicle missions.

Then again, you have Prime 1 and 2 on your list.

And Prime 3 for Wii.

I'm a Nintendo whore.
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #30 on: 15 January 2008, 04:31:37 »

We all know Rez is an old coot who hates Prime. :D

Anyway, if you really want to get SF Adventures and SF Assult, then here's some adive: Don't expect SF Adventures to be a Star Fox game and don't expect SF Assult to satisfy your Star Fox needs.

Voulnet
Sniper Joe

« Reply #31 on: 15 January 2008, 14:48:07 »

Voulnet, almost every gamer agrees that RE4 is, indeed, an amazing game. You're the first I've read stating their dislike for it.
I wonder what group of gamers is that.
If RE4 was a game of another series, I might agree to a little extent. However, I'm talking about a game that is part of the RE series.

The plot, the gameplay, the characters, the feel of the game and even the wannabe-zombies. Sorry, man. But this is no Resident Evil. Daughter of the president was kidnapped by some cult for political reasons? No way, give me the horror, the zombies, T-Virus, Umbrella Inc and Raccoon City all day long, let's not even talk about Leon Kennedy, urgh.

Sorry but if RE4 was a game of its own, not a part of RE4 series, I might like it.  But if you want to count it as such, then you shouldn't have made it like that, especially with the plot. If it wasn't for the fascinating plot and the horror of the RE series, the series would have been just one of those stupid 'shooting' games.

Make mistakes. It's fun.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #32 on: 15 January 2008, 19:08:10 »

I really didn't understand the plot in RE4 either. Good game, yes, but weird.

Right, they're trying to kidnap the president's daughter, inplant a virus, and send her back. Other than the fact that sounds REALLY stupid, the plan relies on the president's daughter to live. There are a bunch of times in the game where her life is intentionally threatened, which doesn't make sense to me.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #33 on: 15 January 2008, 21:52:11 »

ITS A GAEM OK GEET OVR IT!!111

LOL, though, I understand. The game has barely anything to do with Umbrella and Zombies.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #34 on: 15 January 2008, 21:56:34 »

This is one of those games where a game needs an interesting plot. RE4's is weird in my book. It's not horrible, just... imperfect.

The main villan told his entire plan. Right there, I would've shot the girl, but that's just me.

Hey, it'd ruin his plan, rite?

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Voulnet
Sniper Joe

« Reply #35 on: 15 January 2008, 22:36:58 »

If she was Bush's daughter, I'd kill her.

Make mistakes. It's fun.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #36 on: 15 January 2008, 22:37:51 »

She was, sorta.

In the last file of the game it shows a pic in the background of the President who strangely looks very similar to Bush (same hair and stuff).
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #37 on: 16 January 2008, 00:13:26 »

I wonder what group of gamers is that.
If RE4 was a game of another series, I might agree to a little extent. However, I'm talking about a game that is part of the RE series.

The plot, the gameplay, the characters, the feel of the game and even the wannabe-zombies. Sorry, man. But this is no Resident Evil. Daughter of the president was kidnapped by some cult for political reasons? No way, give me the horror, the zombies, T-Virus, Umbrella Inc and Raccoon City all day long, let's not even talk about Leon Kennedy, urgh.

Sorry but if RE4 was a game of its own, not a part of RE4 series, I might like it.  But if you want to count it as such, then you shouldn't have made it like that, especially with the plot. If it wasn't for the fascinating plot and the horror of the RE series, the series would have been just one of those stupid 'shooting' games.

RE4 was a great game.  RE4 was a bad Resident Evil game.  It ditched virtually all the games conventions that defined it and flushed the story the first 5 games made.  Using ink ribbons to limit saves creates some very real tension forcing you to manage your saves.  Combat was part of gameplay, but it wasn't a combat game.  Because of the limited ammo, combat always ran the risk of running you out of ammo which also caused a good deal of tension.  The inventory system made you choose weapons/ammo vs picking/carrying items.  This was a bit annoying at times, but the thought of not having enough ammo/powerfull enough weapon sent chills down MY spine.  Overly complex nonsensical puzzles?  Definitely a staple.  The often ridiculous ways to open doors/boxes was almost so over the top it was crazy, but at the same time it was a nice contrast to the terrifying atmosphere you were in.

RE4 had unlimited saved.  Combat became a large focus with ammo being thrown at you every few steps.  There was never any fear of running out.  You could carry half a house in your inventory.  Puzzles were all but eliminated and with the constant interaction with NPCs, heavy combat and ample supplies, the game never had any real sense of impending doom/terror.

The fact the game STARTS by saying "Yeah, Umbrella was destroyed by a stock crash, now it's 7 years later" nearly gave me an aneurysm.  I spent what, 5 or 6 years playing the series which was setting up a huge confrontation with the Umbrella Home Base, and then not only do we NOT get it, we're told it just fell apart from finances after US sanctions?  #### you Capcom.  Then we get a plot that's pretty much completely unrelated to Resident Evil with the most bare bones felt tacked on "Wesker is going to revive Umbrella now after 7 years" subplot.

Resident Evil 4 is a great game.  I loved it.  But let's be frank.  It was complete ##### as a Resident Evil game.  It failed to bring over the key gameplay features with the updated control setup, it focused on combat far too much and it wrote off the series plot.  And because of the success, RE5 will probably be (and looks to be) cookie cutter 4 set in a new local.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #38 on: 16 January 2008, 00:18:21 »

Sorry, see, I didn't know all that because RE4 is the only RE game I've played.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #39 on: 16 January 2008, 00:24:30 »

I played earlier RE games, and they were fun, but not my type of game.

Also, there were 'crap your pants scared' moments in RE4, like fighting the first El Gigante with a weak pistol and a shotgun with little reloads. You see it and say "aaaaw ##### dat."

I got creeped out by the first Regenerator too, all WTF HOW DUZ I KILL!?

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #40 on: 16 January 2008, 00:30:12 »

I didn't have a single real "HOLY #####" moment in 4.  A few "##### this is going to take a lot to kill".  The closest thing was the lake monster.  And even then that was more like "another boss fight" because of the combat focused gameplay.

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #41 on: 16 January 2008, 00:32:49 »

So I take it RE4 was a lot like Silent Hill 4.

It would've been better off as a standalone game. Eh, doesn't matter now SH has gone to hell. :/
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #42 on: 16 January 2008, 00:35:22 »

Ah man, Silent Hills 1-3 were awesome. Silent Hill 4 was really depressing. The concept was cool but it was badly implemented. Not to mention, the game was really short too.

I don't know much about Origins on PSP... and I haven't kept up with SH news, Snare, so how's the series going to hell?

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #43 on: 16 January 2008, 00:36:57 »

I don't know much about Origins on PSP... and I haven't kept up with SH news, Snare, so how's the series going to hell?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/zeropunctuation/2791-Zero-Punctuation-Silent-Hill-Origins

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #44 on: 16 January 2008, 00:37:37 »

So I take it RE4 was a lot like Silent Hill 4.

It would've been better off as a standalone game. Eh, doesn't matter now SH has gone to hell. :/

Nope.
Silent hill makes you puke with fear, then crap your pants.
In RE 4 just a few things popped out to scare you and you may have jumped a little. SH3 at least scares you. Completely. I watched my buddy Zack play it and it was cah-razay.

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #45 on: 16 January 2008, 01:14:29 »

How is it going to hell?

Silent Hill 5 is NOT being made by Team Silent but rather, the same team who made the Buffy the Vampire Slayer games.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #46 on: 16 January 2008, 02:15:59 »

The freakiest part of RE4 is like... the start. I hear. Because I haven't played it since 'cause I have no time. Chainsaw guys really #####ing piss me off though. They make me angrier than Lickers did, because at least with Lickers you felt both accomplished and freaked out after defeating one.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #47 on: 16 January 2008, 02:19:24 »

Chainsaw guy is only hard in the beginning.

He's so pathetic after that. But yeah, first time playing RE4 he was annoying.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #48 on: 16 January 2008, 02:25:31 »

He's as annoying as the first licker in RE2. Because you just have a shotgun with few shells, and the handgun.

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #49 on: 16 January 2008, 02:27:07 »

Silent Hill Origins wasn't that bad.

No more pencils, No more books
I built a city out' one brick, it had a Mayor and a Crook
I made the Crook stab the Mayor, then slay himself in the guilt
I stole the brick back and migrated east, now let's build.
Pages: 1 2 » Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : Need a little help.
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string