MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
28 April 2024, 22:30:10
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : Need a little help.
Pages: « 1 2 Print
Author Topic: Need a little help.  (Read 12260 times)
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #50 on: 16 January 2008, 02:31:48 »

The chainsaw guy's name is Dr. Salvador I think.
But the Chainsaw hags suck.

Also, in the waterworld level (Mercinaries minigame), the giant Dr. S with a double bladed flaming chainsaw.
I just about died when he came up behind me and killed me and I watched the death scene from a different angle and pretty much wtf'd.
Mercinaries was frantic fun.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #51 on: 16 January 2008, 02:33:56 »

How can multiple chainsaw guys have the same name? Is it a family business to be bat##### #####ing crazy? This is not the prequel that never should have existed to that Amityville movie.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #52 on: 16 January 2008, 02:35:27 »

Is it a family business to be bat##### #####ing crazy?

You made me smile. Big.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #53 on: 16 January 2008, 02:36:31 »

In the Bottlecaps you collect in the game, it says his name is Dr. Salvador. Lawl.

Chainsaw hags are the Bella Sisters. They only appear once in the game.

Salvador appears like... 6. In two different outfits.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #54 on: 16 January 2008, 02:38:43 »

But like... He dies dead when I shoot him in the face with a shotgun and then grenade his privates...

If we're still talking RE4.

You made me smile. Big.

lul

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #55 on: 16 January 2008, 02:47:53 »

Yeah, but then again, the balding guys that you kill 100 times in the village are Señor Pedro or something lame.
The guys with the pickaxes are named "Manuel" I think.

You made me smile. Big.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Voulnet
Sniper Joe

« Reply #56 on: 16 January 2008, 03:27:31 »

Voulnet, almost every gamer agrees that RE4 is, indeed, an amazing game. You're the first I've read stating their dislike for it.
I wonder what group of gamers is that.
If RE4 was a game of another series, I might agree to a little extent. However, I'm talking about a game that is part of the RE series.

The plot, the gameplay, the characters, the feel of the game and even the wannabe-zombies. Sorry, man. But this is no Resident Evil. Daughter of the president was kidnapped by some cult for political reasons? No way, give me the horror, the zombies, T-Virus, Umbrella Inc and Raccoon City all day long, let's not even talk about Leon Kennedy, urgh.

Sorry but if RE4 was a game of its own, not a part of RE4 series, I might like it.  But if you want to count it as such, then you shouldn't have made it like that, especially with the plot. If it wasn't for the fascinating plot and the horror of the RE series, the series would have been just one of those stupid 'shooting' games.

RE4 was a great game.  RE4 was a bad Resident Evil game.  It ditched virtually all the games conventions that defined it and flushed the story the first 5 games made.  Using ink ribbons to limit saves creates some very real tension forcing you to manage your saves.  Combat was part of gameplay, but it wasn't a combat game.  Because of the limited ammo, combat always ran the risk of running you out of ammo which also caused a good deal of tension.  The inventory system made you choose weapons/ammo vs picking/carrying items.  This was a bit annoying at times, but the thought of not having enough ammo/powerfull enough weapon sent chills down MY spine.  Overly complex nonsensical puzzles?  Definitely a staple.  The often ridiculous ways to open doors/boxes was almost so over the top it was crazy, but at the same time it was a nice contrast to the terrifying atmosphere you were in.

RE4 had unlimited saved.  Combat became a large focus with ammo being thrown at you every few steps.  There was never any fear of running out.  You could carry half a house in your inventory.  Puzzles were all but eliminated and with the constant interaction with NPCs, heavy combat and ample supplies, the game never had any real sense of impending doom/terror.

The fact the game STARTS by saying "Yeah, Umbrella was destroyed by a stock crash, now it's 7 years later" nearly gave me an aneurysm.  I spent what, 5 or 6 years playing the series which was setting up a huge confrontation with the Umbrella Home Base, and then not only do we NOT get it, we're told it just fell apart from finances after US sanctions?  #### you Capcom.  Then we get a plot that's pretty much completely unrelated to Resident Evil with the most bare bones felt tacked on "Wesker is going to revive Umbrella now after 7 years" subplot.

Resident Evil 4 is a great game.  I loved it.  But let's be frank.  It was complete ##### as a Resident Evil game.  It failed to bring over the key gameplay features with the updated control setup, it focused on combat far too much and it wrote off the series plot.  And because of the success, RE5 will probably be (and looks to be) cookie cutter 4 set in a new local.

Good, someone agrees that RE4 doesn't fit the RE series. I still have some faith left in humanity.
ASR and anyone else who hasn't played a game of the RE series(4 doesn't count) : Do yourself a good favor and play the games.

Make mistakes. It's fun.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #57 on: 16 January 2008, 05:31:23 »

Might get the GC remake of the first one to start out. Is it any good in comparison to the original? If not I'll just get that.

I have loads of money now and I've been out looking for older games that I missed out on, so yeah.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #58 on: 16 January 2008, 05:43:45 »

How is it going to hell?

Silent Hill 5 is NOT being made by Team Silent but rather, the same team who made the Buffy the Vampire Slayer games.

Ooohhh... OH GOD NO.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #59 on: 16 January 2008, 07:45:02 »

I really like RE4. But yes, it is no Resident Evil game.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #60 on: 16 January 2008, 08:26:36 »

I enjoyed playing Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction on the GC. Also loved it on the Xbox...

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
Pages: « 1 2 Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : Need a little help.
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string