MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
28 April 2024, 16:28:28
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  X Series  |  : Mega Man X Dive
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » Print
Author Topic: Mega Man X Dive  (Read 22047 times)
Xero
Matrix Marine

« on: 31 August 2019, 01:45:15 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ-p20Gddfk

For a mobile game it actually looks somewhat interesting.  It's made by Capcom of Taiwan.

Also *Skips towards Rico like a happy chao*

LCrazy11
Sniper Joe

« Reply #1 on: 31 August 2019, 10:21:20 »

i want a console port, they could probably make that work

dun dun dun dun dun dun dun (mmx3 opening tune intensifies)
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #2 on: 1 September 2019, 06:28:38 »

It still has mobile design, so it wouldn't matter if it was on a console.

But it IS nice to see some X8 characters in a normal X style and not that horrid X8 style.

Also Rico a cute.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #3 on: 1 September 2019, 17:40:38 »

I do wonder why so many Reploids need abdominal ventilation.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #4 on: 1 September 2019, 23:00:53 »

I mean, she's hot. It's not like she needs boobs either, but apparently her boobs are so hot that she needs ventilation for them.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #5 on: 3 September 2019, 03:58:48 »

Yeah, she looks cool. It's just she reminds me of Lana from Hyrule Warriors.

Some sort of blue haired no-name-but-given-a-random-name character.

Actually I just looked back at a picture of Lana and she has that same sideways ponytail. Is that just some common Japanese trope, or am I sensing a pattern where there isn't one?

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #6 on: 3 September 2019, 14:33:42 »

I came in ready to hate on new characters but that Rico is an excellent design.

Actually I just looked back at a picture of Lana and she has that same sideways ponytail. Is that just some common Japanese trope, or am I sensing a pattern where there isn't one?

Never thought about it but side-ways ponytail does seem to happen a lot in japanese character design, whereas in the west it went out with the 80's.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #7 on: 3 September 2019, 14:36:28 »

Were there any new characters apart from Rico though?

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #8 on: 3 September 2019, 14:41:52 »

Aside from playable Marino, Alia, Pallete, and Vile, no.

Playable Iris when?
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #9 on: 3 September 2019, 14:49:30 »

It's legitimately insane that Iris hasn't been playable yet.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #10 on: 3 September 2019, 20:59:06 »

Not if it's a direct port.  It needs to have a graphics and control overhaul.

SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #11 on: 4 September 2019, 05:42:03 »

Seeing as that one Asus phone will run the game at like 4k resolution and is designed to use the Not-Joy Cons configuration of controller from the getgo for this game per advertisements, a console port might not be out of the question. I mean we've got stuff nowadays like FFXV Mobile on eShop / XBLA / PSN, and it's just the phone version of FFXV ported over, while Nintendo and Microsoft have allowed phone titles in as freeware garbage on their systems.

I'm interested to see how the upcoming beta turns out this month and to see how the online works. I've noticed quite a bit has been recycled from Rockman Online's scrapped content, and seeing MM8 / MM11 footage in the background of one of the trailers makes me think we're going down a pretty big rabbit hole sooner than later with this one.

Shape the world you live in, instead of letting others define it for you. Stop being reactive and become proactive, and leave a legacy worth remembering, since only you personally decide the limits of your greatness.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #12 on: 4 September 2019, 16:59:45 »

Not if it's a direct port.  It needs to have a graphics and control overhaul.

Control overhaul won't fix it, it's been designed as a mobile game with all the tropes and fail that mobile game design uses.  I don't recall if it's been revealed if it's free to play, but if it is, it's DoA.  Cool downs.  Microtransactions.  These games are built around being BARELY playable to get you to buy your way to more playing or making EVERYTHING have to be bought (weapons, costumes, colors, etc).  The game itself was ##### before it was even announced.  The ONLY good thing we'll get out of it is Rico, some nice 3D models, and maybe some remixes.

SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #13 on: 12 September 2019, 03:23:52 »

Megaman Gacha with different character grades and weapons, though it has Delta's long missing remix for the password screen from MHX sitting in as the shop music. I'm trying to get my DS4 to work with the game at the moment, but otherwise Rez hit the hammer on the head about all the negativity involving the fallacies of F2P titles, such as energy to restrict access and the like.

Update: 2% chance to roll Ultimate Armor X, and my DS4 keeps aiming to the left, making it near unplayable.
« Last Edit: 12 September 2019, 04:55:59 by SB » Logged

Shape the world you live in, instead of letting others define it for you. Stop being reactive and become proactive, and leave a legacy worth remembering, since only you personally decide the limits of your greatness.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #14 on: 12 September 2019, 04:51:00 »

No one should be surprised about this.  It's mobile #####.  It's LITERALLY what mobile games do and how they are.  No one should have expected an actual game.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #15 on: 12 September 2019, 14:01:41 »

##### it.  I'm just here for any new artwork or remixes.  Keisuke Mizuno is #####ing on point.

Posted on: 12 September 2019, 17:39:07

Speaking of remixes, it appears there is 1 new remix so far.  Jakob's Elevator from X8.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvlqQMTYQVQ

Other than that there is MHX renditions of Storm Eagle, Flame Mammoth, Armored Armadillo, Original Storm Owl, Original X8 Stage Clear, and Remix X2 Stage Clear.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #16 on: 12 September 2019, 20:05:46 »

My understanding is they're reusing a lot of Maverick Hunter X stuff, and I was not a big fan of most of those remixes.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #17 on: 12 September 2019, 20:24:56 »

Yeah that's #####ing lazy on Capcom of Taiwan's part.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #18 on: 12 September 2019, 20:41:27 »

I mean, I guess we're lucky they didn't just reuse MHX and MM8 3D models.  But yeah, the only good thing to come out of this are some nice 3D models, some new key artwork, Rico, and maybe some new remixes.

SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #19 on: 12 September 2019, 22:26:22 »

I read that it's just a tweaked MHX engine (hence it runs on potato phones), which explains a lot of the early chop work being focused on X1 elements and sounds. The only actual maverick in the CBT seems to be Chill Penguin, while the rest are just various mechaniloids that yet again mostly stem from X1, save for Maoh and the X7 Scorpion.

I'll give them props for making yet another Xero recolor after nearly 15 years, though.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #20 on: 13 September 2019, 13:42:12 »

New artwork of Cinny, 2nd armor X, Steel Massimo, and Black Zero just popped up.

And here it is!

Posted on: 13 September 2019, 14:13:13

More music uncovered as well.

Old:  Cyber Peacock, Slash Beast, Desert Base (Command Mission), Central Highway (MHX), Storm Eagle (MHX), Armored Armadillo (MHX), Flame Mammoth (MHX), Boss Intro (MHX), Boss (MHX), Boss (X4), Stage Clear (X8), Loading (X8)

Original:  Main Theme, Event Theme

Remixes:  Jakob (X8), Bubble Crab/Duff McWhalen (X2/X5), Password (Shop/X1), Stage Clear (X2), In The Wind (Floating Ruins/ZXA), Danger Attraction (Purprill The Mandroid/ZX), Wood Man >:] (MM2)
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #21 on: 13 September 2019, 16:58:34 »

At this point it looks like we're getting everyone EXCEPT Iris... :(

Posted on: 13 September 2019, 19:23:50

The remix for MMX Password SUCKS.  It's so freaking slowed down and muted.  In other words I could have seen it in MHX.  It's just as disappointing as the other remixes in that game.

If anyone is interested in the music, here's a playlist on youtube https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLL36eVi0cSDZE8oaHiQvb-MJSDyDTtlTj

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #22 on: 13 September 2019, 17:56:38 »

Jakob & Bubble Crab are based as #####.

Good to see some ZX love in there too and Wood Man's theme is great.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #23 on: 13 September 2019, 19:43:05 »

Some of those might be actual new remixes, unless they're reused from something I haven't seen before.  But most are actual music from MHX and X4.  Granted X4 has a bitch'n soundtrack, but it's a really odd choice of things to mix and match from.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #24 on: 13 September 2019, 20:44:35 »

Only new remixes are Bubble Crab, Jakob, Danger Attraction, Wood Man, and In The Wind as far as I know.  I checked ZX Tunes and the Gigamix and they didn't match.

Hopefully more will be added after the beta.  Shame about the password though.
SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #25 on: 13 September 2019, 21:58:08 »

I did God's work by asking on the survey for beating the CBT that they consider adding Iris / Nana / Ciel and even Green Biker Dude to their roster. If Capcom can meme a Megaman gacha into existence, I at least want to have some fun with it at their expense. I also asked that the characters come with their default weapons, since Axl without his pistols or Alia without her buster is lame, and also asked that they have buster characters use those instead of lugging bazookas and stuff around GTA style with X and company.

CBT was pretty fun until the very end, where you're rewarded with the ability to skip stage replays if you have enough energy and 3 star them, making the experience suddenly shift to a modern mobile game into overgrinding for materials on the hamster wheel of powering up things. I'd give it an X7/10 at this point, where it only has up to go with better controller support and optimization alongside QoL updates.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #26 on: 13 September 2019, 23:36:03 »

It's fun, honestly, despite the free to play BS and such.

At first I was kinda annoyed at having to roll for characters, but you can apparently use the currency you get from rolling the same characters or weapons to buy the characters or weapons you don't have. So at least technically you can eventually get what you want for free.

And I agree with the default weapons thing for characters. It's kinda odd to see someone like Axl spawn in with his pistols and then they disappear and he pulls out another weapon.

Overall, I do find it a fun little time waster, but if it gets ridiculous and starts demanding I pay to win I'll just drop it like most other gacha games.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #27 on: 14 September 2019, 01:04:26 »

but if it gets ridiculous and starts demanding I pay to win I'll just drop it like most other gacha games.

...seriously?  It's not "if" it's "when".  That's LITERALLY the type of game it is.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #28 on: 14 September 2019, 01:23:46 »

Fair enough. I was being hopelessly optimistic.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #29 on: 16 September 2019, 18:40:12 »

More music uncovered

Remixes of Sigma X2 Form 1 & Sigma X4 Form 2.  Both sound pretty nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVHF0ywoD6w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpqH7D11Usg
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #30 on: 16 September 2019, 21:40:29 »

Interesting mixes.  Not too bad.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #31 on: 19 September 2019, 14:31:15 »

Datamine uncovered Iris skill icon.

DO #####ING WANT.

GIVE HER TO US CAPCOM!

GIVE HER TO US!!!!!1!!!shift+oneoneone
SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #32 on: 19 September 2019, 17:23:18 »

I'mma need a source for that, since it's not over on Protodude's blog along with all the other datamined items.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #33 on: 19 September 2019, 18:30:58 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kfe1aBdrtNo

at 10:00 mark.  May not mean she's playable but it would be #####ing dumb for her not to be since Capcom knows how popular she is.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #34 on: 20 September 2019, 04:42:06 »

That kind of game is made for just adding new models/characters and charging $5 each for them.  If they start adding new characters, Iris is surely towards the top of the list.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #35 on: 26 September 2019, 20:12:05 »

Exactly, just falls under the umbrella of every generic mobile game. There's pretty much nothing they could add that would make me want to play this.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #36 on: 26 September 2019, 20:22:29 »

Oh, no, nothing would get me to play this piece of ##### mobile game.  Nothing about it appeals to me in a mobile game design.  The only thing it gives us is some fairly nice 3D models to rip.  And I'd love to have an official 3D render of Iris!

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #37 on: 3 October 2019, 12:18:28 »

This isn't Mega Man X Dive related, but I just can't help but admire Keisuke Mizuno's style of the X series.  Here is art of X's 3rd armor by the guy.  If this guy draws every character & enemy in the X series, I'd buy a whole #####ing art book of his work.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #38 on: 3 October 2019, 14:12:12 »

Some of the best MMX art in a while.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #39 on: 3 October 2019, 15:45:39 »

THIS is what X should look like. Not that X8 #####.  I just want new key art for Iris by this guy.  And a 3D model.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #40 on: 5 October 2019, 00:42:24 »

It's crazy how you can really tell when an artist GETS it with Megaman. So much content out that MM-esque missed the mark.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #41 on: 18 December 2019, 01:51:35 »

New artwork my Mizuno, including a rendition of Classic Mega Man (who by the way is the next announced playable character for Mega Man X Dive)

Also where the ##### is Iris?
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #42 on: 24 March 2020, 19:51:56 »

No Iris, no holiday.

Posted on: 19 December 2019, 01:54:16

So the beta is open now, is Iris playable or not?

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #43 on: 24 March 2020, 20:52:51 »

Yes.

I will now download your game.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #44 on: 27 March 2020, 14:47:19 »

She's not been officially announced as playable, just added to the artwork with ALL THE OTHER PLAYABLE characters.  I thought given they've show her art and the new header art that has her was pretty much a solid confirmation and that when it launched she'd be there.  But she isn't.

I was never going to play this Free to Play mobile ##### anyway, I just wanted the art assets (key art, first official 3D model) and what not that could be reused in other actual good fan projects.  The 3D models are surprisingly good.  Way too good for this type of horse ##### gatcha free to play garbage.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #45 on: 30 March 2020, 17:05:41 »

Same boat Rez.  Also want to hear any new remixed music.  Its ##### that they are reusing music when they are also completely remixing music as well.

Posted on: 28 March 2020, 02:19:47

Looks like they have new art for special costumes.  Lab Scientist Zero, Kitty Cinnamon, and Motherly Alia

*Skips towards Alia like a happy chao*
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #46 on: 31 March 2020, 03:07:32 »

Didn't take long for the fan service...

So, been playing it on and off just to see what else there was beyond the beta content... and the difficulty spikes up immediately and gets worse from then on. Add cheap stage design that just involves "spam the bouncy spikeball enemy from X1" every 5 seconds" so that you die a lot. But that's to be expected in a mobile free to play game.

...also touch screen controls are still garbage.

At least the art and 3D Models are nice. The new remixes are good too. The reused tracks feel really out of place though.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #47 on: 31 March 2020, 21:13:43 »

Seriously, why would anyone expect this to be a good game?  It's designed purely to get you to pay money for unlocks just like every other mobile f2p moba in existence.  You will never get solid balanced gameplay/level design out of that because it would defeat the purpose of the game.

The fact they've done so much on original art (and art that looks amazing and not horrid like a certain other Capcom gatcha), original 3D models, and original music remixes is almost baffling given the overall ##### actual game play.  I'll take the assets though.  I just hope we eventually get HQ versions of the stills.

Winged Warrior
Super Robot

« Reply #48 on: 5 April 2020, 16:03:37 »

Looks like this game took a real Megaman X Dive.

(get it, it's like Megaman X Over but instead--  Yeah, you get it.)
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #49 on: 6 April 2020, 14:31:10 »

This is basically what the future of "gaming" will be.  All digital, all f2p/moba/gatcha garbage.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  X Series  |  : Mega Man X Dive
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string