MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
28 April 2024, 07:00:27
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  X Series  |  : Mega Man X Dive
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Print
Author Topic: Mega Man X Dive  (Read 22043 times)
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #350 on: 2 November 2022, 09:40:40 »

Gold is better.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #351 on: 2 November 2022, 17:18:01 »

If X is blue and Zero is red, then Xero should be magenta.

It's a hard truth, but it needs to be said.

Purple you fool.  Magenta is the print version of red.

Also, Xero isn't good at color theory.  Well, neither of you are, really.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #352 on: 2 November 2022, 20:33:06 »

I wasn't really talking about print but I suppose I could have been if I were talking about an artist's rendition of their colours merging or what that would look like rather than what pure red and pure blue light look like when placed together. I tend to think of colour in terms of light than in dyes or inks I suppose.

Admittedly I wasn't exactly sampling X and Zero's colour palettes for their exact shades and hues, either.

I'm under the impression that there are multiple different but valid theories/ideas about colour that we could apply here, but oh well!

I just wanted a magenta Xero.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #353 on: 3 November 2022, 00:08:29 »

10 minutes of relearning GIMP later....

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #354 on: 3 November 2022, 00:12:34 »

It's literally just Purple Zero, but here's the purp for Rez.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #355 on: 3 November 2022, 15:14:25 »

So, Nightmare Zero then.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #356 on: 24 November 2022, 15:29:24 »

Iris is apparently getting a Dive Armor (I sweat to #####ing god capcom.  Just retcon X4 and let Iris live so I can #####ing play as her.)
Also Bass + Treble came out this week. 
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #357 on: 25 November 2022, 01:26:34 »

No reason to retcon X4, just bring her back to life.  It's not hard.  Fix her chip in space, DNA data, etc.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #358 on: 25 November 2022, 05:32:17 »

Just have her say she hid herself while she repaired herself. Like Zero. Except she just took way longer.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #359 on: 5 January 2023, 23:25:02 »

Here is my-er...I mean Via's final form
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #360 on: 6 January 2023, 16:11:14 »

They clearly stole your fan character.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #361 on: 7 January 2023, 07:53:58 »

: NovaMan XP
Just have her say she hid herself while she repaired herself. Like Zero. Except she just took way longer.

Iris Virus.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #362 on: 4 February 2023, 12:29:10 »

New X Vs Zero Remix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s41MCWHv-jo
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #363 on: 5 February 2023, 04:02:08 »

I wasn't fond of it.  It was far too arranged and added in too much extra and slowed the pace of the piece down far too much.  Remix is too slow.  I suppose they were trying to make it sound "epic" but they failed.  The original went hard and fast and was epic already.

SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #364 on: 9 September 2023, 16:48:22 »

It's kind of crazy that the game is going down on the 27th of this month and there is an offline version up now for sale. I lucked out and ended up being one of the earliest testers for the Taiwan version years ago and have been playing on their version since launch, later migrating to their Steam version for better controls.

Offline isn't the worst thing in the world due to having the option to play as 120 different characters with no gacha elements, but I think it's a bit overpriced for most people at the moment. $20 is the sweet spot I feel for what it offers, though obviously lower would be better on a sale as there's no guarantee someone would enjoy the skinnerbox elements as Offline still has micromanagement and such due to keeping the power scaling system in the game. Having to constantly stop to grind the core events every few levels for arbitrary systems such as armor equips / skills / chips / leveling / zenny or leveling up as well as having to upgrade every so often weapons just drags the experience down.

My advice to break the game for a casual player that doesn't mind power tripping to bypass a lot of bull is play as Black Zero early on with his rank pushed to around 4 stars for a shield on demand, grind through the story campaign until beating 10-6 to unlock the ability to buy S-Rank Hunter Zero, then max that mad lad out in rank as well as invest in the Nightmare Sword to make DiVE Offline learn to respect your time. For those that don't know, they kept in X4/X5 Zero dash cancelling speed running tech but made it where your character rolls around, so it's ideal to get a character with a shield ability and spam dash + melee to tear through enemy healthbars.

Also, I'll share a secret with all of you, since we're clearly the elder society by this point in time, but the data string after the ending can be translated with 1337 and talks about ViA.

Shape the world you live in, instead of letting others define it for you. Stop being reactive and become proactive, and leave a legacy worth remembering, since only you personally decide the limits of your greatness.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #365 on: 11 September 2023, 15:20:34 »

I love the key art, but I utterly detest mobile style gameplay with cool downs and all that other #####.  And that's all been grafted onto usual Mega Man gameplay.  Also, the 2.5D is some of the worst I've ever seen.  All that said, if they do a physical cart for this I'll pick it up because it's Mega Man, but a digital buy would be a hard "never".

SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #366 on: 13 September 2023, 15:18:12 »

Seeing as they went for DiVE NFTs over any kind of console support when they made Offline a thing, I think your wallet is going to be safe for the long haul on this one.

Shape the world you live in, instead of letting others define it for you. Stop being reactive and become proactive, and leave a legacy worth remembering, since only you personally decide the limits of your greatness.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #367 on: 3 October 2023, 01:29:58 »

Apparently there are models of 2 additional bosses in the offline data files that are used in the end credits.  Eregion from X4 and Violen from X2
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #368 on: 3 October 2023, 16:32:05 »

Would have been cool to have all 3 X hunters

SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #369 on: 3 October 2023, 17:57:30 »

Those models show up in the ending credits made for the Offline version and glitch out compared to other models shown off since they were never implemented in the game. Prometheus from ZX(A) and someone else were in the data as incomplete playables.

Now that the Offline version has sold so well compared to what was expected by Capcom, the dev team is looking into DLC and other expansion content that I figured was coming when they stripped out DMC / Monster Hunter / Street Fighter collabs and what have you for the non-gacha version. We already have an X-Hunter event, but it uses a toy model skin for X called "X KAI" to explain it as a fourth member of their crew. I wouldn't mind seeing them get the proper crew together in the game, but due to the possibility of touch control players, they would likely dumb down the X Hunters AI for fights.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #370 on: 3 October 2023, 20:13:10 »

I mean the game was built to be touch screen controlled from the start so it never had a chance gameplay wise.  Add in some of the worst 2.5D I've seen and general mobile style gameplay (cooldowns/gear/etc) and it's just typical mobile garbage with a Mega Man skin. But man, it was a GOOD LOOKING skin at lest.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #371 on: 4 October 2023, 09:33:34 »

There is still so much potential for characters.  Duo, Double, Fefnir, Phantom, Red, Lumine, Enker, Punk, Quint, Ballade, ##### Robot Masters, Mavericks, pseudoroids, Mythos Reploids, Net Navi's are also possible.  We got Magma Dragoon.

And is there proof that X Dive offline sold better than expected?
SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #372 on: 14 January 2024, 07:03:43 »

It was an off-hand comment from someone on Reddit I suppose in regards to what one of the post-service dev interviews stated in regards to possible DLC. Outside of that, there's now an art book with unused concepts like Blonde Iris-Another and now people are modding things into the game that were incomplete like Prometheus from ZX(A) as a functional character along with the removed DLC characters as well as entire game systems that were gutted from Offline.

Edit - Seems Capcom just put out a survey for X DiVE asking people who say they bought it if we want it ported to consoles like Switch, so we might be in bizarro world where it gets a physical release all the sudden.
« Last Edit: 16 January 2024, 10:24:32 by SB » Logged

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #373 on: 16 January 2024, 23:44:17 »

The artbook has images for Violen, Eregion, Eyezard (mini boss from X4), Incentas, and Mosquitos (Miniboss in X3)
SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #374 on: 17 January 2024, 06:19:54 »

It would be nice if Udon or some other company handles translating it like the other books in the series, as the artwork was stellar for X DiVE, even if the entire purpose was to sell JPEGs for Capcom yacht money. I'd love to learn a bit more about the game's development side and how they came up with certain choices or designs.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  X Series  |  : Mega Man X Dive
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string