MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
29 April 2024, 10:17:29
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Matrix  |  MMM General Forum  |  : I seriously fear Mega Man's future.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 » Print
Author Topic: I seriously fear Mega Man's future.  (Read 64849 times)
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #50 on: 5 December 2007, 14:26:33 »

MMZ, ZX and SF are the only out and out #####pile new series.  Classic, X, Legends and Battle Network were ALL soild series and very well done updates/reimagings of the Blue Bomber.  It's been in the VERY near past that all quality and care was abandoned.  X and Battle Network both spiraled into terrible levels of poor design and bloating.  Legends and Classic were abandoned outright.  Then we get "great" new games like MMZ, which failed utterly to capture the magic.  Was it the poor stage design?  The basic gameplay systems?  The fact you didn't play as Mega Man?  The fact you actually got to play as Zero but it wasn't Zero?  The fact it began a roller coaster ride of cancer that would tear asunder the much beloved X series plot?  It was doubtlessly all of these things.  Capcom got it wrong on every detail. 

But the best part?  Up became down, left became right and bad became good.  This was the new standard.  And so we get 3 more of these piles of ##### games.  Not only that, the series and spin offs that had been so well done/conceived were also systematically infected by this poison, reducing them to the same level.  Battle Network became a quick cash in, losing all character and playability.  X was constantly beset by attempts to mold it into a base for MMZ, coupled by terrible stage design game concepts.  Axl.  For #####s sake, THEY MADE AXL.

Capcom could still reinvent Mega Man.  It could be good.  It's just NOT.  And it's because, in part, of the current game culture and what brain dead "HARCORE" gamers and today's Ritalin ADD kiddies. 

The future does not look bright.  But at least we still have a healthy supply of vintage games that have weathered well over time and are still just as good as the day they came out.  So yes.  I think I shall sit down with a glass of brandy and continue to enjoy the games that ARE good, and wait, perhaps in vain, for the next X or Legends reimaging to occur and for Mega Man to finally return to where he belongs.  In a good game.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Orange Devil
Super Robot

« Reply #51 on: 5 December 2007, 17:46:40 »

In my opinion, MMX and MM Classic, even Legends are SO much more satisfactory to ADD than BN and MMZ.

<3 Your friendly neighboorhood hippie
Lunchebox
Super Robot

« Reply #52 on: 6 December 2007, 01:17:31 »

In the future there will be robots.

MEGAMAN Battle Network Anniversary collection -- DS

Megaman Zero Anniversary collection -- DS

Megaman portable collection -- PSP
And even later...!

Megaman Anniversary collection PLUS! Playstation
Megaman X ANniversary collection Too! Playstation

This is the future of megaman. The ones your kids will think you are an idiot to love

Just like Teenage mutant ninja turtles
Just like Transformers
Just like garfield
and just like alvin and the chimpmunks

The first transformers cartoon is not as good as everyone says it is. The Movie, I heard is pretty good, but not the TV series.

It really hasn't aged well, but it makes for hilarious moments.
Dr.
Sniper Joe

« Reply #53 on: 6 December 2007, 01:36:59 »

I'm not saying the megaman games aren't fun, but seeing the same bull##### over and over... Ugh. ZX, I just can't get into. I got into SF because I was in love with BN. And I got in to X cause of Classic. Pretty much Classic attracted me to all.

Dctr`
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #54 on: 6 December 2007, 01:37:15 »

The show has aged like #####. I used to watch it when I was younger, and I swear it was so much cooler than it used to be. I can't bring myself to laugh, either, if only because I'm angry that it's so lame watching it now.

The movie was great, so nobody else badmouth it. It was actually really funny and action-packed, which is all you need in a movie nowadays. Plus, it had a hot girl in it, which only adds to the total sum of awesomeness.

I will admit, however, that watching Beast Wars with my buddies recently was some of the best fun I've had in a while.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #55 on: 6 December 2007, 23:11:17 »

I can understand the hate for BN, Zero, and Star Force, they all suck horribly and should have never been concieved, but ZX?  ZX IMO is a major improvement from the utter #####hole that is MMZ.  To me ZX was like playing MMX all over again.  I don't understand the hate for ZX really.  Rez sorry to envoke your tomatoe stick filled wrath but please enlighten me onto why you feel ZX is horrible.
Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #56 on: 6 December 2007, 23:16:06 »

The hate of ZX, for me anyway, is based on crapulent unnecessary story, far too many characters, and fusiony powers, which is always a lamer-magnet.

Jumping and shooting is what I like.

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
Xearez
Sniper Joe

« Reply #57 on: 6 December 2007, 23:17:29 »

i havent played it yet so i dont know.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #58 on: 6 December 2007, 23:20:42 »

Well I can at least understand the story for the two games.  As for the fusiony stuff it's not really that bad.  Infact if you can overlook that the gameplay for ZX is very fun and enjoyable.

The main reason I dispised the Zero series was because the difficulty and horrible systems of cyber elves, ranking, and weapons.  On top of that the level design in the Zero series was badly flawed, especially when having to rush through the levels defeating as many enemies as possible without taking damage.  

ZX on the other hand fixes those problems and actually makes the game fun to play and complete.  

At least that's how I think.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #59 on: 6 December 2007, 23:23:14 »

Storyline is cliched. ZXA's storyline is LESS cliched (only for Ashe), but still cliched nonetheless. However, the game's not bad.

And Mega Man has ALWAYS had a large arsenal of characters, most of which have been killed off.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
Winged Warrior
Super Robot

« Reply #60 on: 7 December 2007, 05:24:59 »

Alright, I JUST finished ZX advent. to prove a point

(bought it yesterday, and played it religously.

I played Ash, on easy.

[spoiler]the battles were fun, the levels were entertaining.

Using the bosses themselves, instead of just one of their weapons, (or in MMZ, Their element chip, or a move you had to unlock... each time you played.)

I enjoyed Z, It wasn't great, but it was Megaman. Same with ZX. I have issues on the voice acting. most of it was forced and fake. It had some dark tones...

When I saw the sage trinity. I knew Albert was my main boss.[/spoiler]

All in all, With games like ZX advent, I can see capcom eventually making a game for the wii to be like gods to us all.

They are focusing on portables...

Perhaps feeling out their fans.

Also
[spoiler]Whatever ares said in SB's topic (jerk)[/spoiler]
SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #61 on: 7 December 2007, 08:09:56 »

Alright, I JUST finished ZX advent. to prove a point

(bought it yesterday, and played it religously.

I played Ash, on easy.

Usasasa

Tewi: What? Easy mode? How disgusting!
Reisen: Everyone knows easy mode is only for kindergartners!

Seriously, you can't even really DIE on Easy Mode in ZX games. You didn't even experience the game outside of some choppy RPG "We'll just hand you cutscenes and story to digest, and you can take a few steps while doing next to nothing, and we'll reward you with more! HUZZAH!" kind of deal.

GET BACK OUT THERE, SOLDIER!

Shape the world you live in, instead of letting others define it for you. Stop being reactive and become proactive, and leave a legacy worth remembering, since only you personally decide the limits of your greatness.
Winged Warrior
Super Robot

« Reply #62 on: 7 December 2007, 08:16:04 »

Oh, I plan to.

I usually play Easy to get a hold of the gameplay and know the story.

I'll play it for the sake of fun later.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #63 on: 7 December 2007, 18:02:43 »

ZX IMO is a major improvement from the utter #####hole that is MMZ.  To me ZX was like playing MMX all over again.
That's it, no more trips to the brain slug planet for you.  To compare ZX to X is SO inaccurate one wonders if you're not immune to the Brain Spawn's attack.

Rez sorry to envoke your tomatoe stick filled wrath but please enlighten me onto why you feel ZX is horrible.
Gameplay.  The gameplay is awful.  Instead of having all your abilities to use, you get to change forms to do them.  That's annoying as #####.  No, ZXA didn't fix that.  At all.  Model X has what should be your buster, ZX's forced mode buster sucks ass compared to X's.  Saber is also still MMZ quality, which was never as good as X4's or even X5 or X6 Zero.  The only reason to use ZX is the buster.  The only reason to use FX is double jump/air dash.  Have fun switching between the two every 3 minutes just to get across a gap.  The rest of the forms are useless outside a stage designed reason to switch to it for 5 seconds to get past it.  ZXA is playing Axl by default.  Axl < X or Zero in gameplay.  Morphing into bosses does nothing and is even less practicle than the useless model forms.  So now in ZX you just have MORE useless forms that do nothing for gameplay.

ZX is actually quite possibly WORSE than MMZ in gameplay.  I won't touch the rest because it's all awful as well.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #64 on: 7 December 2007, 19:11:03 »

I see. 

Honestly it's not THAT bad.  Sure I don't like the idea of losing Model X and Model A needs to shut the ##### up and die slowly in a fire but past that ZX and ZXA is fun and enjoyable to me. 

But I understand why you hate it and I respect your opinion.  I still think ZX and ZXA are great and #####loads better than the pile of fail that is the Zero series.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #65 on: 7 December 2007, 21:43:54 »

I quite honestly don't see how.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #66 on: 7 December 2007, 21:50:03 »

Well for one thing you don't have to worry about cyber elves and ##### like that.  No need to pointlessly level up weapons, you actually find ##### such as Sub Tanks and Heart Tanks, no ranking system to make you look horrible at gameplay and the difficulty is at the perfect set. 

I even found Expert mode to be quite fun and enjoyable.  Not to mention boss rush and boss battle modes are a thrill.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #67 on: 7 December 2007, 21:56:23 »

Elfs were a big gameplay nerf, yes.  Ranking system just screwed you out of normal "beat the level" stuff you get in Classic or X.  While dumb, it didn't really detract from gameplay.
So pluses would be:

+ sub tanks/heart tanks back to X style

However, gameplay wise, that's really about it.  ZX's model system nerfs the CORE gameplay far more than the cyber elfs did the secondary gameplay of MMZ, and outside of ZX for the (gimped) buster, you only need FX for the double jump/air dash.  The rest are substancial filler that are even less useful than Water Wave or Rush Marine.  Stage design really isn't much better over MMZ either.

So I really don't see how you can say the gameplay is better than MMZ.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #68 on: 7 December 2007, 22:08:19 »

>_>

<_<

I think you mean Model HX that does that stuff.

*Is severly beaten with Rez's tomatoe stick*
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #69 on: 7 December 2007, 22:24:21 »

Pssh, you WISH.

:: releases Nibbles ::

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #70 on: 7 December 2007, 22:25:21 »

*Is severly mauled by Nibbles*
Dr.
Sniper Joe

« Reply #71 on: 7 December 2007, 22:26:44 »

*dies of laughter*

Dctr`
guitaristjoe
Sniper Joe

« Reply #72 on: 7 December 2007, 23:54:28 »

Say what you will, but I think that something needs to be done with the Wii.

Capcom has come up with enough games, I think they can figure something out there.

It's a bird!

It's a plane!

NO! It's a signature without some sort of fancy picture in it.  Go figure.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #73 on: 8 December 2007, 05:55:48 »

Capcom has come up with enough games, I think they can figure something out there.

Making a lot of game ≠ Making a lot of innovative/good games.

The latest MM franchises have been diarrhea omelettes.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #74 on: 8 December 2007, 05:58:45 »

There's a rumor going around that a game called "MegaMan Scramble Battle" is due for a Q4 2008 release or something...

Scramble Battle sounds so... ugh. But then again, this is coming from the people who gave us MegaMan "Star Force".

Again, it's only a rumor.

From Advanced Media Network:

Rockman Synergy Commons via NeoGAF and C3 News, has come across an interesting tidbit in the form of a purported Retailer List featuring a number of new Capcom games. Among no-brainers such as MegaMan Star Force 2 for the DS and not-unexpected titles like Zack & Wiki 2 for the Wii lies one new yet familiar gem, shining amidst the other titles like a diamond in the rough: Mega Man Scramble Battle.

The game, listed in some places as an action/RPG title, is said to be on track for a Q4 2008 or Q1 2009 release, which sounds about right where these kinds of revelations are usually concerned. Capcom, however, "does not comment on rumors," so there's no confirmation nor denial at this time.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #75 on: 8 December 2007, 16:14:01 »

I'm scared.

Dr.
Sniper Joe

« Reply #76 on: 8 December 2007, 16:51:45 »

You should  be.

Dctr`
TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #77 on: 15 December 2007, 06:26:27 »

At this point, I think Capcom ruined Mega Man...unless they do something BIG, like a Mega Man thats Final Fantasy-ish using whole the Mega Man universe...but it's Capcom were talking about, so that won't happen.

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #78 on: 15 December 2007, 06:55:44 »

That idea is terrible anyway.
TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #79 on: 15 December 2007, 07:02:16 »

Better than Mega Man games that use the NT system. Then agian, I simply dont like NT or anything related to it.

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
Panda
Sniper Joe

« Reply #80 on: 15 December 2007, 13:50:18 »

using whole the Mega Man universe.

This has potential.

Sure it would be a failure of a game, but it would be a damn EPIC failure of a game!
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #81 on: 16 December 2007, 00:14:10 »

I don't see why in this age of games where any descision you make in game can effect the entire game's outcome, that there are still weapons in MM games that affect absolutely nothing unless the area specifically needs you to use that weapon.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #82 on: 16 December 2007, 14:29:51 »

No offense to you Xero, but I like how you posted this thread now, when Rez has been saying this for as long as I've known him.

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #83 on: 16 December 2007, 15:05:18 »

Well the newer games are full of fail and suck.

Except for ZX.
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #84 on: 16 December 2007, 22:22:34 »

At least ZX still has the platforming style.. We should be thankful for that, now that all we're getting is a load of crap.

LOL BANDWAGON
Blitzkrieg
Metall

« Reply #85 on: 16 December 2007, 22:24:05 »

Why does MegaMan keep deviating from the original design? That's really my only complaint (Aside from not actually playing as MegaMan anymore) that they're focusing on making Megs more and more human with each game. I HATE that.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #86 on: 16 December 2007, 22:24:35 »

Soon  enough all the MegaMan games are going to Pokemon-y RPG games.

And I will stop playing MegaMan when that happens.

Why does MegaMan keep deviating from the original design? That's really my only complaint (Aside from not actually playing as MegaMan anymore) that they're focusing on making Megs more and more human with each game. I HATE that.

Agreed...
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #87 on: 16 December 2007, 22:46:58 »

Well tomorrow is Mega Man's 20th anniversary.  I'm hoping that we get Mega Man in Brawl.  But it's very unlikely.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #88 on: 16 December 2007, 23:21:59 »

Very unlikely. But I would be as giddy as a school girl if he was announced tomorrow.

Yeah, I realize how awkward that would look.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #89 on: 16 December 2007, 23:28:27 »

I told my friend's I'd scream. Possibly spaz.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #90 on: 17 December 2007, 00:59:02 »

You know, even people I know that don't play Megaman want him to be/expect him to be/think he should be in Brawl.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #91 on: 17 December 2007, 05:28:42 »

Well the newer games are full of fail and suck.

Except for ZX.

Sorry, but ZX is just as sucktastic.  Playing through ZXA is even worse than ZX.  Ashe charge shot = useless.  Morph forms = even more useless.  Changing between forms to do the equilivant of take one step across the room = same fail as ZX.  ZXA didn't FIX anything.  It just got rid of the almost passable new main characters for ANOTHER two new ones that are about as Mega Man as cyber elfs and combined them with a girly voiced even more whiny Axl.

So you have gameplay that works as intuitively as a 300 pound man trying to skateboard down a flight of stairs while stabbing his eyes with burning dobermans which you compare to playing like the perfectly simple dash, run, jump, wall climb all in one X series controls as well as a plot even worse than MMZ itself and you call it good?

Such a claim makes what Bush says credible my friend.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #92 on: 17 December 2007, 05:32:47 »

Such a claim makes what Bush says credible my friend.

"Overseas countries like Canada"

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #93 on: 17 December 2007, 05:42:48 »

I think the world over knows about our liar of a President.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #94 on: 17 December 2007, 19:04:41 »

Confused. He's just confused.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #95 on: 18 December 2007, 01:14:08 »

NOVA IS SAD.

: Kyouya Garyuu, RPM
In the January issue of Nintendo Power, they celebrate the Blue Bombers 20th Birthday.

And according to the articles, which I haven't read yet, but I'm gonna quote XHunter's post:

Quote from: XHunter
"What I found interesting is that Horinouchi had planned to create a game for the 20th Anniversary of Mega Man where all of the iterations of Mega Man could fight each other. Sounds almost like a Street Fighter or Marvel Vs Capcom type game. Unfortunately there wasn't enough man power to make the game a reality. Horinouchi concluded that he'd like to give that type of game another shot if given the chance."

And there you have it folks. I'll post the scans up shortly for all to read.

EDIT:

Scan 1
Scan 2
Scan 3
Scan 4
Scan 5
Scan 6

News Credit: XHunter, Rockman AMV Station
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #96 on: 18 December 2007, 03:31:41 »

This guy (Horinouchi) says he started his work on Mega Man with Battle Network 4.

That makes me lean to the possibility that he sucks.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #97 on: 18 December 2007, 08:09:56 »

Wait, where the ##### did it say that?! Now I'm neutral on the matter.
Panda
Sniper Joe

« Reply #98 on: 18 December 2007, 10:44:43 »

[laughs]
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #99 on: 18 December 2007, 11:27:06 »

It said that right in the beginning. Though, he seems like a likeable guy, and he sure does know what he's talking about as far as MegaMan goes. It's nice to have a producer who's actually a fan of the game, whether or not he started with MMBN4.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 » Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Matrix  |  MMM General Forum  |  : I seriously fear Mega Man's future.
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string