MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
28 April 2024, 17:45:23
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : No speed NO!
Pages: 1 Print
Author Topic: No speed NO!  (Read 1787 times)
Winged Warrior
Super Robot

« on: 11 May 2008, 23:19:42 »

So after seeing all I wanted to... Just from the trailers and the actor bios... I really feel violated.

NO means NO.

the graphics look like horrible hot wheels versions of the vehicles looping around without true from or physics. The fan reviews (or at least those televised) were "OMG GRAPHIC AWESOMNEZ!) But then again, those were the ones shown. Through the youtubing I did, I found only one thing that made my inner fangirl swoon, And that was a true to live mach 5 car.

so my question, did anyone dare to leave their homes to watch this large pile of dookie?

I plan to wait until the movie comes out on DVD where I can rent it for a dollar... because that's all I feel it'll be worth.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1 on: 11 May 2008, 23:32:56 »

Don't judge a movie by it's hype.

I haven't seen it yet, but I'll stand by that statement.

Don't go into Speed Racer expecting to see a wonderful movie. Go in expecting to see a cheesy movie adaptation of a cheesy cartoon. From what I know it's meant to be a sort of... true-to-life adaptation, cheesiness and all. In a good way.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #2 on: 11 May 2008, 23:42:05 »

I haven't been into it, but I'm never into movies really so there.

My friend says that he wanted to see them race on a volcano, not an actual track.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #3 on: 12 May 2008, 03:02:06 »

So after seeing all I wanted to... Just from the trailers and the actor bios... I really feel violated.

NO means NO.

the graphics look like horrible hot wheels versions of the vehicles looping around without true from or physics. The fan reviews (or at least those televised) were "OMG GRAPHIC AWESOMNEZ!) But then again, those were the ones shown. Through the youtubing I did, I found only one thing that made my inner fangirl swoon, And that was a true to live mach 5 car.

so my question, did anyone dare to leave their homes to watch this large pile of dookie?

I plan to wait until the movie comes out on DVD where I can rent it for a dollar... because that's all I feel it'll be worth.

Look at what I wrote about it in the movie thread. Visually it's awesome and it's definitely Speed Racer but yeah...there's a definite Hot Wheels vibe to the races.

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
Orange Devil
Super Robot

« Reply #4 on: 12 May 2008, 14:14:11 »

So many people hate this movie before they see it and it really makes me mad. I mean, look who directed it. They don't make bad movies.

And graphics looking fake? That's the POINT. It's ####ing Speed Racer. We're talking about a live action version of one of the corniest cartoons ever, what do you want, Lord of the Rings?

Anyway, they had two choices with this movie. They could have made it 3 Fast 3 Furious for all of those whiners out there who want it to be just another car movie, or they could have made it Speed Racer: The Movie, which they did. And they did a damn good job.

<3 Your friendly neighboorhood hippie
Rama Olendris
Sniper Joe

« Reply #5 on: 12 May 2008, 21:45:35 »

I'll judge it when or if I see it. I really don't like most 'reviews' for movies. I might be afraid of some things, but I'm not going to let what other people think hinder my own actions.

Emit hcum oot evah uoy neht, siht dear nac uoy fi.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #6 on: 15 May 2008, 23:58:11 »

I haven't seen it but I want to. It looks fun. I don't need Speed Racer to be an intellectually stimulating movie, that would just be a totally different universe skinned with Speed Racer looking stuff.

Kind of like the Super Mario Bros. movie, yea?

Pages: 1 Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : No speed NO!
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string