MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
29 April 2024, 03:47:09
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : Bully: Scholarship Edition
Pages: 1 Print
Author Topic: Bully: Scholarship Edition  (Read 9011 times)
Mikero
Super Robot

« on: 5 March 2008, 03:18:18 »

I had Global News from British Columbia on by accident (my mom was time shifting to watch today's Coronation Street) and they had a story about this new version of the PS2 game "Bully" and how people (parents) in BC are trying to get it banned or some crap because they think it will make kids be more like bullies.

Except that they are clearly idiots.

The game is rated T, so the kids can't get it unless their parents plain buy it FOR them. The T rating is for TEENS. Anyone older than 13 with half a brain knows better than to emulate a video game in their real life. If someone goes off, it's not the game that made them bat##### crazy, it was just a trigger or an excuse. Sometimes it's a way. But a trigger, excuse, and way can come from anything. Would they ban a book of the same material? No. It's like thinking that your kid listening to Eminem is going to make him kill that Kim bitch.

What do you guys think? I think it falls on the parents to keep the game out of the hands of their little kids, it's not Rockstar Games' responsibility after they clearly state that the game isn't intended for children. It's the same thing they do everytime a GTA comes out, but there's new heat this time because you're playing as a kid who becomes a kingpin (in kid terms, I guess).

I think it's important that kids don't play games like San Andreas, sure, but it's not going to make them criminals if they do. Frankly, as #####ing brilliant as they can be, kids are still dumbasses and are ignorant and wouldn't understand what's really going on. Even if they did, human development doesn't work on "this one thing made you act/think this way" and it would have to be a combination of things to make a child go crooked (like you #####ing up as a parent).

I think today's parents are #####ing lazy as hell and want to blame anyone but themselves when something goes wrong, but they don't want to make the effort to actually prevent things from going wrong. It's pretty interesting that they'd rather protest the game to the end that it isn't made, instead of just saying "No you can't have that game." Or maybe parents are so detached from their kids these days that they don't want to deny them anything. Only stupid people are breeding.

I'mma try it for Wii when I can. Came out today.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #1 on: 5 March 2008, 03:24:12 »

They should ban it.

I've seen people play Halo, and then the next day, they brought guns to school.

I've seen people play Gears of War, and then the next day, curb stomp'd.

I've seen people play Donkey Kong, and then the next day, barrel throwin'.

I've s-... yeah, you know where I'm going with this.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #2 on: 5 March 2008, 03:25:58 »

The only reason I still go to the bathroom is because I played Conker's Bad Fur Day. Because I can't have learned anything anywhere else.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #3 on: 5 March 2008, 03:35:24 »

No no, I just thought up this one.

I've seen people play Punch Out!, and then the next day, N*gga stole my bike.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #4 on: 5 March 2008, 04:10:18 »

It's true guys, I played No More Heroes and now everyday I use the bathroom and wear T-shirts.
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #5 on: 5 March 2008, 04:29:12 »

I bring my beam katana to school everday.

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #6 on: 5 March 2008, 05:30:10 »

I'm sure that makes you the envy of your peers.

I live in BC myself, and I speak as someone who took a lot of abuse between the ages of five and fifteen, and I really don't give a #####. Bullying does not arise from playing video games. Bullying arises from a multitude of other social conditions, but not video games, so far as I can tell.
Winged Warrior
Super Robot

« Reply #7 on: 5 March 2008, 05:37:45 »

I got the original about a month ago...

It's funny...

The only thing the game made me want to do is knee little kids in the nads.
Lunchebox
Super Robot

« Reply #8 on: 5 March 2008, 05:47:19 »

After playing Legend of Zelda and Super Mario, I took mushrooms, and for three days I was convinced the people I was slashing with my Jew-Sword (I call it the Jew-Sword because it has the star of David on it) were actually beasts and monsters, impeding me from saving the beautiful blond princess.

When I came out of it, I was a bout 20 feet away from a movie Premier Scarlet Johanson was at, naked, and covered in blood.

These were the greatest three days of my life.

Aslo, isn't Bully about a kid who gets bullied, getting revenge?
Winged Warrior
Super Robot

« Reply #9 on: 5 March 2008, 06:07:50 »

No, that's colombine, It's scheduled for release later this month.

Bully was about a kid trying to get all the cliques to unite and become one body, rather than several hatred ridden fools.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #10 on: 5 March 2008, 08:04:26 »

the beautiful blond princess.

A shikse! *spits*

You want your mother should lay down and die right here?!

Lunchebox
Super Robot

« Reply #11 on: 5 March 2008, 09:51:01 »

My dad is Jewish, my mom is Catholic or something.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #12 on: 5 March 2008, 09:55:53 »

Welll shtup.

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #13 on: 5 March 2008, 13:27:48 »

The best part of people protesting games like this is the overwhelming majority of parents who just don't #####ing care.

50% of the time I ask the parent if they're alright with the games content considering their kid is 5, and they get all indignant with me, like what the ##### is MY problem?

No more pencils, No more books
I built a city out' one brick, it had a Mayor and a Crook
I made the Crook stab the Mayor, then slay himself in the guilt
I stole the brick back and migrated east, now let's build.
Voulnet
Sniper Joe

« Reply #14 on: 5 March 2008, 19:47:38 »

A day after buying San Andreas for my little brother, I took it away, it contained too much swearing and cussing for his young ears. Believe me, cussing in games is a lot damn worse than beating random people and fighting. Kids adapt to swearing quicker and easier than they do with real violence.
Then there was this modded version of San Andreas that my brother got from his friend, all cussing was removed. Even the sluts were taken out of the game.
Kids won't really go on a killing spree in real life because they did it in a video game, but they sure are going to have a dirty tongue if they get exposed to too much cussing in vidoe games or TV.
I miss the days when video games were just... video games.

Make mistakes. It's fun.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #15 on: 5 March 2008, 21:08:45 »

San Andreas over did it on the cussing. I think that was the first GTA game to use the F word more than once (Or maybe at all).
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #16 on: 5 March 2008, 21:46:29 »

It fit the locale, time, and story though. I like all the GTAs but SA was the first that felt somewhat realistic to me. I didn't find it overdone at all. There was a lot in the game because there was a lot in real life. Especially in the 90's.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #17 on: 6 March 2008, 01:06:24 »

Yeah, I agree, the entire area looks so damn fine. I was amazed at how everything looked when randomly traveling in the game.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #18 on: 6 March 2008, 01:13:48 »

I enjoy GTA:SA, I played and beat it maybe 80% without cheats.
Never felt compelled to 100%, especially with the quarry missions.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #19 on: 6 March 2008, 01:16:15 »

There's very few games which I've 100%'d. I couldn't do it to any of the DKC games, and Mario Sunshine was a bitch to me.

I did finish Mario 64 though. Pointless 99 lives FTW.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Slugkid
Robot Master

« Reply #20 on: 6 March 2008, 01:21:05 »

I 100%'d Super Mario World. With all the dragon coins and exit. And the pointless 999 lives too.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #21 on: 6 March 2008, 04:48:21 »

Your parents must be so proud.

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #22 on: 6 March 2008, 13:25:26 »

Hookers, Drugs and Murder...

You know what would fit well with that theme? An American Psycho game.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #23 on: 7 March 2008, 00:20:19 »

The best part would be stabbing the girl while banging her and then chasing the other girl around as she flees. It would be epic like the inevitable Death Star trench run that appears in like Star Wars game.

Lunchebox
Super Robot

« Reply #24 on: 7 March 2008, 09:35:36 »

It fit the locale, time, and story though. I like all the GTAs but SA was the first that felt somewhat realistic to me. I didn't find it overdone at all. There was a lot in the game because there was a lot in real life. Especially in the 90's.

Agreed, and living in the city/state it was based on, there a bunch of times where I said "Wait... Haven't I been in this neighborhood before? In real life? There were a lot more cars, though".

As long as I get to kill that prick who has a better buisness card than me, I'm all for American Psycho: the Game.
Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #25 on: 7 March 2008, 13:23:14 »

"Look at that subtle off-white coloring... The tasteful thickness of it... Oh my God, it even has a watermark."

*drops*

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #26 on: 8 March 2008, 03:00:19 »

Agreed, and living in the city/state it was based on, there a bunch of times where I said "Wait... Haven't I been in this neighborhood before? In real life? There were a lot more cars, though".

I could tell from all the way over here. Knowing what a lot of the placed looked like before I played the game of course. Actually I found this funny, at the start of Ice Cube's video for "Why We Thugs" the camera moves down under a bridge and ##### but basically it looks exactly like the game's Grove Street. I'm a fan of LA so playing the game I was all "Oh yeah!" like the whole time.

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #27 on: 8 March 2008, 03:44:05 »

To be honest, I've never been a terribly big fan of the Grand Theft Auto games. With the exception of NMH, I'm not much for sandbox games.

Though I must say, the more I see of GTA IV, the more epic it looks. I may have to set aside my preconceptions of the series and give it a shot.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #28 on: 8 March 2008, 04:01:15 »

I have to set aside some preconceptions still too, as I hated GTA3 and I'm not really a Vice City fan.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #29 on: 8 March 2008, 13:55:57 »

All I did in GTA3 and VC was cheat like crazy, flying a tanks around for a good half hour with a 5 or 6 star felony (I forget which is max) is a good time.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #30 on: 8 March 2008, 16:26:31 »

I had some fun in GTA3 and VC, but in the end they were pretty crap.

GTA3 was just.. I dunno.

Vice City got really boring after having to get alot of money to buy all the companies just to get to the final mission.

The GTAs after that are pretty good though. And GTA IV looks sweet.
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #31 on: 8 March 2008, 16:30:16 »

San Andreas is my favourite GTA game, personally.

Spent many hours on that... I had the PC version and I rarely play PC games past an hour.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #32 on: 8 March 2008, 18:06:26 »

All I did in GTA3 and VC was cheat like crazy, flying a tanks around for a good half hour with a 5 or 6 star felony (I forget which is max) is a good time.

That's pretty much all I ever did, too.

I couldn't find a way to turn with the tank in midair. Moving the turret to the side made you spin out or something.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #33 on: 8 March 2008, 18:54:35 »

Well, with the turret backwards, you you get going pretty well, and a TINY lean to either side could steer you, but any real acrobatics are pointless.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #34 on: 8 March 2008, 19:50:12 »

I've had throwaway fun with every GTA, especially the first two, but San Andreas is the only one where I actually played the story and liked it.

Pages: 1 Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : Bully: Scholarship Edition
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string