MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
29 April 2024, 02:50:09
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : 'Kay, serious Video Game related question.
Pages: 1 Print
Author Topic: 'Kay, serious Video Game related question.  (Read 3146 times)
Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« on: 19 February 2008, 03:12:58 »

Has anyone here ever actually finished a game in the Harvest Moon series? I mean, jeeze, it's like the most repetitive game ever. I mean getting to the end is like an extreme test of patience. So yeah, anyone ever succeeded in finishing one?
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #1 on: 19 February 2008, 03:15:16 »

Never played one. I heard it plays like Animal Crossing.

I DO know you can download the SNES game on the VC now.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #2 on: 19 February 2008, 03:18:15 »

I got that one on the GBA.

I got to the third year in one day. Then I stopped playing.

Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #3 on: 19 February 2008, 03:19:44 »

Never played one. I heard it plays like Animal Crossing.

I DO know you can download the SNES game on the VC now.

No, I don't intend to ever attempt to play it again.
Yeah, it's kind of like Animal Crossing, just not fun. Too many responsibilities and such, not enough good fun.
Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #4 on: 19 February 2008, 23:50:07 »

My sister spent six hours an effing day on Harvest Moon all summer awhile back.

That was a painful summer, especially since I wanted to play Mega Man X for six hours an effing day all summer.
Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #5 on: 20 February 2008, 00:41:34 »

I've never even played any of them, despite thinking they look fun.

They just look too involved.

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #6 on: 20 February 2008, 00:42:48 »

I'm in the same boat as Abe, although I might break down and try one pretty soon.

Maybe after I finish Earthbound.
Most of what puts me off is the fact that it's a game where the basic objective is to work hard until you die.

Which is sort of the opposite of most games where you work hard on not dying.
Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #7 on: 20 February 2008, 01:39:28 »

Oh, you do have to work at the whole not dieing thing, you often have to leave work undone because your character gets too tired and will pass out if he works too hard or stays awake for too long, or goes too long without. But man, it's annoying when your character runs out of energy, especially when there's still work to be done.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #8 on: 20 February 2008, 02:28:17 »

I've never even played any of them, despite thinking they look fun.

They just look too involved.

dzx9
Sniper Joe

« Reply #9 on: 21 February 2008, 10:40:36 »

I've played a few. But all in all, I simply don't like games that don't have any sort of clear ending. And besides...you #####ing WORK! What the hell?!

I am.
Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #10 on: 21 February 2008, 15:37:44 »

Wow, every problem with the game was just summed up right there.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #11 on: 22 February 2008, 06:08:23 »

I like 2 Harvest Moon games. Harvest Moon 64 and the remake of the PlayStation version for GBA called Harvest Moon: Friends Of Mineral Town (gay name I know, but it's actually good).

I love the games but I can't ever get far per se. I bought that GBA one I like so I got around it long enough to get married and I might've knocked her up but I'm not sure. I don't know how far it goes after you get married because supposedly the point to the game, since credits roll after that even though you can keep playing and have kids.

Much like Animal Crossing, I love it but it always gets shelfed for a long time.

I have to say that I find it, at least on GBA so it's portable, a lot more fun than Animal Crossing. While AC has more to do, it goes no where at all. There's no relationships because that would be disgusting, so all you do is try to pay off a house by doing the chores that only the homeless would do in a small town. Picking up and selling garbage and ##### that washed up on shore? Spending a whole day shaking trees and digging around for the mere chance you might get money or a fossil? That's #####ing weird ass behaviour.

Also Animal Crossing's constant clock is the BIGGEST piss off with that damn game. I can't shelf the game and then pick it up later 'cause if I do the game is wrecked and there's further snorefactor chores to do. Pulling weeds for free is for bustas and cattle. And characters I like getting pissed off and leaving just because I live a REAL WORLD life that doesn't allow me to visit a digital penguin and say hi. I like the games a lot, but holy ##### does that clock piss me off. And I miss holidays? Come on. There is no way I'm gonna find the real time ON Christmas to go and participate in AC world holiday jargon.

With Harvest Moon you can save whenever you want and the clock stops. The days don't simulate real time so you can actually knock out a couple months in one sitting easily. There's actual relationship building with the women and townsfolk that actually affects the game and some storylines, there's some sort of planning and management with running the farm and organizing the [short] days while dealing with weather and other crud, the additions to the house aren't just spacial (you actually gain a sauna which helps you recuperate, a kitchen where you can cook, etc.), and there's competitions for how well you raise your animals, grow foods, cook foods, and for your skills like swimming and fishing.

I feel that Harvest Moon might get boring once you "finish" it, but there's a helluva LOT more direction than Animal Crossing. Hell, HM even has cutscenes.

However that first Gamecube Harvest Moon? Sucks.
« Last Edit: 22 February 2008, 06:21:21 by Mikero » Logged

Winged Warrior
Super Robot

« Reply #12 on: 22 February 2008, 06:12:52 »

My brother...

finished it...

He didn't say too much, after a long while (40th year or something) you get a vacation home for free. then it plays the credits, then you have free play like the GTA series.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #13 on: 22 February 2008, 06:22:50 »

It's always free play but OK. The credits first play after you get married, and then after you the vacation home. Vacation home doesn't take 40 years to get either (I'm pretty sure you just have to fulfill certain requirements which take a while but not that long in the game).

Pages: 1 Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : 'Kay, serious Video Game related question.
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string