MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
29 April 2024, 00:17:52
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Pages: 1 2 3 4 » Print
Author Topic: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann  (Read 65280 times)
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« on: 2 December 2007, 23:35:44 »

Best anime ever, it's overloaded with epic lulz. Has anyone seen this? I know CV has.

"WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE!? WE ARE MMM!"

LOL BANDWAGON
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #1 on: 2 December 2007, 23:37:25 »

Yuh. I'm watching Episode 19 right now. I've never been this excited since I started watching Haruhi.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #2 on: 2 December 2007, 23:43:15 »

Can't watch anime anymore. Can barely watch North American cartoons without getting angry at crap animation.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #3 on: 2 December 2007, 23:45:06 »

LET'S SEE YOU DO BETTER, MIKE

Aresian
Sniper Joe

« Reply #4 on: 2 December 2007, 23:46:54 »

Can't stand it or the hype that follows it, honestly. I can't wait till it's old news so everyone'll shut up about it finally. >_>

I AM DJSonic!
Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #5 on: 2 December 2007, 23:47:29 »

Never heard of it, but I could never watch anything called that.

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #6 on: 2 December 2007, 23:49:02 »

Never heard of it, but I could never watch anything called that.
I thought the same thing, especially when I saw that all the mechs have giant faces..

LOL BANDWAGON
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #7 on: 2 December 2007, 23:49:35 »

LET'S SEE YOU DO BETTER, MIKE

I do it daily, actually. You have no idea how crudly made shows are until you're in this. Except Avatar, which costs at least double each episode compared to a normal show, and wether you like it or not (I do) it is animated excellently.

Lunchebox
Super Robot

« Reply #8 on: 2 December 2007, 23:53:43 »

Avatar is a pretty damn good show. I stay away from Anime now, myself.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #9 on: 3 December 2007, 00:45:43 »

I was joking, Mike, and I'm sure you do. I know what you mean, though, or at least understand what you're saying. I'm sure you start seeing and nitpicking every little nuance or animation problem.

I've wanted to get into Avatar, but I don't have the time. All I hear about it is how good it is.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #10 on: 3 December 2007, 00:51:25 »

You all suck. Gurren Lagann is amazing, everybody that watches it will love it. As depicted in this picture.

LOL BANDWAGON
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #11 on: 3 December 2007, 00:55:07 »

I'm sure I'd laugh at that if I'd watched the show.

Aresian
Sniper Joe

« Reply #12 on: 3 December 2007, 01:06:29 »

And I'm sure I'd care if I actually... cared. No really. The show isn't great. It's not even that good.

The Super Robot shows of today are seriously lacking. That and Real Robot is superior.

I AM DJSonic!
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #13 on: 3 December 2007, 01:11:18 »

It's an amazingly huge step from the giant robot animes, especially G-Seed/Destiny. Well, it's all a matter of opinion, if you ever get the urge, go watch it on Youtube.

Get the urge.

LOL BANDWAGON
Aresian
Sniper Joe

« Reply #14 on: 3 December 2007, 03:38:39 »

It's an amazingly huge step from the giant robot animes, especially G-Seed/Destiny. Well, it's all a matter of opinion, if you ever get the urge, go watch it on Youtube.

Get the urge.

*cough* SEED/Destiny is uncompariable actually. You don't know much about Mecha do you?

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is a Super Robot show. SEED/Destiny is Real Robot. Totally different spectrums, that's why I don't care for it for the most part. Then I also found out it more or less betrays most Super Robot shows aswell, being some kinda weird thingiemajig.

I don't even like Super Robot shows, so I doubt I'll bother with a knock off of the genre too. >_>

I AM DJSonic!
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #15 on: 3 December 2007, 03:52:38 »

*cough* SEED/Destiny is uncompariable actually. You don't know much about Mecha do you?

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is a Super Robot show. SEED/Destiny is Real Robot. Totally different spectrums, that's why I don't care for it for the most part. Then I also found out it more or less betrays most Super Robot shows aswell, being some kinda weird thingiemajig.

I don't even like Super Robot shows, so I doubt I'll bother with a knock off of the genre too. >_>
It doesn't matter if it's a "real" robot show, it's a cartoon. So why should someone care if it's some kinda weird thingiemajig? If you don't expect something from a series, don't watch it. :\

The reason I thought Seed/Destiny was crap was because it was too damn touchy feely, I don't give a crap if they'res teenagers in war and they need affection, the only affection I want is something with a knife and gun.

LOL BANDWAGON
Slugkid
Robot Master

« Reply #16 on: 5 December 2007, 19:48:29 »

Is that "WHO DO YOU THINK I AM?!" thingy both you and chaos have below their pics at profile from this anime, WIND?
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #17 on: 5 December 2007, 19:50:56 »

Yup. Occasionally reworded to "Who the hell do you think I am!?" or "Who the ##### do you think I am!?"

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #18 on: 5 December 2007, 19:51:51 »

WHO DO YOU THINK I AM KIIIIIIIICK!!~

LOL BANDWAGON
Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #19 on: 5 December 2007, 23:17:02 »

Dude, nobody listen to Ares, I just got him to start watching it last night, he'll come around soon enough.
Aresian
Sniper Joe

« Reply #20 on: 6 December 2007, 02:50:33 »

Dude, nobody listen to Ares, I just got him to start watching it last night, he'll come around soon enough.

Nope. Not yet. I bet I'll end up not liking it. >_>

I AM DJSonic!
Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #21 on: 7 December 2007, 00:40:25 »

Well watch it... Or get on Skype... Or kick SB's booty off of WoW, friends don't let friends play WoW.
Aresian
Sniper Joe

« Reply #22 on: 8 December 2007, 14:41:38 »

It doesn't matter if it's a "real" robot show, it's a cartoon. So why should someone care if it's some kinda weird thingiemajig? If you don't expect something from a series, don't watch it. :\

The reason I thought Seed/Destiny was crap was because it was too damn touchy feely, I don't give a crap if they'res teenagers in war and they need affection, the only affection I want is something with a knife and gun.

You are officially an idiot. One, you don't even know the difference between Super and Real, do you? I like Real Robot because it's usually set in a form of warfare with technology and logical weapons. You watch things for action and overacting characters with over the top abilities I assume. You probably watch godawful ##### too, like DBZ.

Secondly, I'd like to see you get tossed into a war at a young age. Being someone who knows what it's like to have to fight for your life on a daily basis... I can atest "somewhat" to that myself. I've had enough near death experiences and being forced to defend myself countless times... sometimes with very very negative side-effects, especially on my psyche. So no, I doubt I'll ever respect your opinion ever again, since you are like every other dumbass who casually talks about actual serious subjects as if they are nothing, just the same, "people like you" also happen to have gone through next to ##### in their lives and amount to nothing, as the typical human trash that we are forced to associate with on a regular basis.

It's either people are overly emo these days, or utter jackasses you think it's "cool" to be insensitive.

Incidently, my son, I watched episode one. I regret to say, but I wanna see episode 2 and 3 atleast to see where this is going. It wasn't half bad. Not enough Loli though.

I AM DJSonic!
Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #23 on: 8 December 2007, 17:40:30 »

Don't worry, there's Loli when Nia shows up, or at least she's Loli till the time skip.
Aresian
Sniper Joe

« Reply #24 on: 8 December 2007, 17:44:02 »

Don't worry, there's Loli when Nia shows up, or at least she's Loli till the time skip.

Time skip makes Ares sad. Oh well.

Episode 6. Shows pretty damn decent, I may have been wrong about it. Still hate the fans though.

I AM DJSonic!
Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #25 on: 8 December 2007, 18:05:48 »

But, don't we all hate Anime fans?
It's okay to like something even if you don't like the other people who like it.
Aresian
Sniper Joe

« Reply #26 on: 8 December 2007, 20:13:37 »

Ares is even more sad now. Episode 8.

Yeah. ;_;

I AM DJSonic!
Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #27 on: 8 December 2007, 21:14:10 »

Yay! I made Ares like another show!
Aresian
Sniper Joe

« Reply #28 on: 8 December 2007, 21:20:32 »

Rejoice my son, it is a good show. I still don't say it's all the hype but it's good in it's own right.

It's just... episode 8 man... the series just won't be the same now. ;_;

I AM DJSonic!
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #29 on: 8 December 2007, 22:04:35 »

You are officially an idiot. One, you don't even know the difference between Super and Real, do you? I like Real Robot because it's usually set in a form of warfare with technology and logical weapons. You watch things for action and overacting characters with over the top abilities I assume. You probably watch godawful ##### too, like DBZ.

Actually in a way yes I do, I watch things that match my interest and Seed/Desitny did not, no I don't watch stupid things just because they have action and overacting characters, you're being biased just because I like this one show and don't like the other. I really don't see how all of this "technological warfare" and logical weapons etc. in the shows can really help me see. I'll stick with learning about what actually goes on in real life thank you.

Secondly, I'd like to see you get tossed into a war at a young age. Being someone who knows what it's like to have to fight for your life on a daily basis... I can atest "somewhat" to that myself. I've had enough near death experiences and being forced to defend myself countless times... sometimes with very very negative side-effects, especially on my psyche. So no, I doubt I'll ever respect your opinion ever again, since you are like every other dumbass who casually talks about actual serious subjects as if they are nothing, just the same, "people like you" also happen to have gone through next to ##### in their lives and amount to nothing, as the typical human trash that we are forced to associate with on a regular basis.

Once again you are being biased, thinking you know what I've gone through. I'm not saying I've gone through a lot, I've gone through just about as much as a regular teenage has. So, just because I don't like seeing the "wars" and "emotional" crap doesn't mean I don't care for the wars that are going on right now, infact my friend is about to go to war, I don't want him to go but if it helps him defend his country so be it. You're the dumbass for thinking all of this, stop being so #####ing over emotional.

LOL BANDWAGON
Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #30 on: 8 December 2007, 23:36:15 »

Rejoice my son, it is a good show. I still don't say it's all the hype but it's good in it's own right.

It's just... episode 8 man... the series just won't be the same now. ;_;

I know man, Kamina was so awesome, but don't worry, he appears again later, and not just in some lame flash back.
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #31 on: 9 December 2007, 03:58:47 »

Hawaiian-shirt-wuss Kamina FTL : (

And it's good to see you like the series Ares.

LOL BANDWAGON
Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #32 on: 9 December 2007, 04:32:38 »

Yeah, but the real one comes and kicks his ass.
Zenaku
Metall

« Reply #33 on: 9 December 2007, 04:37:42 »

GL = character development WITH super robot elements

You'll get over the constant boners for it.

I hope :(
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #34 on: 9 December 2007, 05:25:18 »

I remember when I first got into the anime. I said "Kamina is getting cooler by every episode!"

WIND replied: "You poor, poor fool..."

After watching episode 8, I paused the video and yelled: "GOD DAMN YOU WIIIIIIIIND!!"

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Aresian
Sniper Joe

« Reply #35 on: 9 December 2007, 05:56:25 »

Then you should act accordingly to what you really think. Over emotional, perhaps, but emotions are all humans really have going for them in the end. Emotions is what makes us interesting and I happen to have very strong ones.

As such, I take emotions very seriously. Where you see "just a cartoon" I see another world, a place of equal standing of our own. My mind works differently from yours, so just the same you cannot have assumptions that someone might not take offense to your words aswell.

Alas, I have no further reason to argue with you. You proved my point at more than one point and also equally called me on an error of mine, so I'll simply call this a draw, for your sake and the sake of this topic.

I AM DJSonic!
Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #36 on: 9 December 2007, 06:43:44 »

In other news, the worst part about Kamina dieing is that Simon turned into a whiny, little emo with a bizare obsession for making carvings of Kamina.
Has anyone noticed anyone Yoko kisses dies shortly after?
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #37 on: 9 December 2007, 07:52:05 »

Yeah, and just when Kittan was begining to seem as awesome as Kamina. Oh well, that one part was probably one of the most epic of them all.

[spoiler]His death scene[/spoiler]

Alas, I have no further reason to argue with you. You proved my point at more than one point and also equally called me on an error of mine, so I'll simply call this a draw, for your sake and the sake of this topic.

If you'd like we can go ahead and PM each other, because I'm not gonna let an arrogant jackass get away with thinking they're so much better than someone else just because he doesn't share the same lifestyle. Let me clear a few things up, I don't know much about mecha anime, I don't even see that as a bad thing because I could care less. I see anime and cartoons for what they are, cartoons, and while they do have some truth in them, they're still cartoons to me, they may be different for you, and that's cool, think what you want about it I'm not complaining, I don't like all of that drama in Seed/Destiny, plain and simple. You then say I'm an idiot for this and say I don't know the difference between "super and real", and biasedly say I care for stupid action and flashy lights, FYI theres plenty of things I like in a series that don't involve explosions and death, big surprise! You then tell me I have #####ty opinions and compare me to "human trash", like I said before, that's really biased because you can't really tell jack ##### about me from my posts. So please don't compare me to the humans out there that think that way, because that makes you yourself seem like human trash for having such prejudice thoughts. Which brings me to one major question Aresian..

WHO THE ##### DO YOU THINK I AM!?

Sorry, I'm being serious, but I just had to put that in because of this topic. So now that I cleared a few things up about myself, I'm sure we can manage to understand each others opinions and thoughts. If we can't, well then that's too bad.

And I'm sorry for ranting on like this, didn't want to spoil this topic with a random flame war.

LOL BANDWAGON
Aresian
Sniper Joe

« Reply #38 on: 9 December 2007, 13:52:36 »

Actually, that's the whole point of what I said in my previous post. None of that was necessary since I was done.

Alas, I suppose it is fair for someone to get in their last 2 cents on the matter, so I'll simply take what you said and leave it at that.

Though, truth of the matter, I started arguing with you on a day with no sleep, so I probably didn't even provide a decent arguement. XD

Oh well, never the less, arroganct jackass... interesting.

Do I think I'm better than everyone? Hardly, most, maybe... but then, I've been jaded to feel that way due to the scum around me. Oh well, life will continue to go on, with or without. *shrugs* I'll have to refrain from the rest of this topic however, to avoid spoilers. *glares at Sano*

I AM DJSonic!
Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #39 on: 10 December 2007, 03:15:53 »

Blah, whatever.
Just finish it.
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #40 on: 10 December 2007, 04:45:41 »

Anyways.

##### YEAH.

LOL BANDWAGON
Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #41 on: 10 December 2007, 05:18:38 »

Well, it's better than the Gurren Lagann PC game that killed entire computers.
Zenaku
Metall

« Reply #42 on: 11 December 2007, 05:50:46 »

literally fell asleep playing that game

LITERALLY.
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #43 on: 11 December 2007, 05:53:21 »

Yep. I just got it as well, it's quite repetitive, and hard to understand..

LOL BANDWAGON
MOX
Robot Master

« Reply #44 on: 11 December 2007, 07:06:45 »

I never seen the series but that robot reminds me a lot of Mazinger or the like. >______>
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #45 on: 30 December 2007, 16:26:43 »

I got the urge to watch the first episode, so I did.
It's neat.
This thread spoiled some major crap for me though.
I'll watch 2+ later.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #46 on: 30 December 2007, 17:22:36 »

I still haven't watched episodes 26 and 27. I'll get around to it.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #47 on: 30 December 2007, 20:34:53 »

Somebody said something about it being like FLCL is style, and as I watched the ending credits I noticed it was made by GAINEX, who also happened to do FLCL.
This anime just got even better by being made by them.

Posted on: December 30, 2007, 03:15:50 PM

WHO DO YOU THINK I AM KIIIIIIIICK!!~
Friggin lol.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #48 on: 31 December 2007, 00:23:48 »

Sorry I didn' catch a new reply man! JOHN WINS NAO!

All of you aren't as cool as JC here until you start watching. He's superior to y'all.

LOL BANDWAGON
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #49 on: 31 December 2007, 18:10:31 »

Episode 8 was beautiful. I'm almost crying right now.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 » Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string