MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
29 April 2024, 00:08:32
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : Best Zelda game
Pages: 1 2 3 » Print
Author Topic: Best Zelda game  (Read 24056 times)
yuri
Sniper Joe

« on: 5 January 2008, 06:49:58 »

People loved the metroid one so much I decided to make this one.
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #1 on: 5 January 2008, 07:06:23 »

UGH.

Try writing more when you make a topic..

Anyways, sadly I never got into any Zelda games,  a Link to the past was the only one I played enough...

*braces for attack*

LOL BANDWAGON
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #2 on: 5 January 2008, 07:28:08 »

So far, the best I've played is Ocarina of Time.

I'm playing Zelda 1, Zelda: A Link to the Past, and Twilight Princess currently. All on my Wii.

EDIT: I'm sensing an Elec Man deja vu.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #3 on: 5 January 2008, 07:52:56 »

My favourite is A Link to the Past followed by Ocarina of Time and then Wind Waker.

On the handhelds, though, Oracle of Ages automatically pwns the rest. When the file is a continuation of Seasons the game is just too awesome.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #4 on: 5 January 2008, 07:59:56 »

Have you given Phantom Hourglass a shot?

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #5 on: 5 January 2008, 08:03:19 »

Yeah, I've beaten it. It was too easy for my likings. The touch screen was implemented perfectly, however. If only it had some sort of challenge, though...

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #6 on: 5 January 2008, 09:11:44 »

It's Ocarina of Time vs. Twilight Princess for me.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #7 on: 5 January 2008, 09:23:28 »

Twilight Princess was also too easy for me... Wind Waker was also easy, but at least it had a wonderful artstyle and great game play that worked with the style.

Twilight Princess was still good though, and something it has over the other Zelda games? Length. It never took me 50 hours to beat a Zelda game before.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #8 on: 5 January 2008, 09:44:29 »

Okay well gameplay Twilight Princess isn't really a true winner. The game is never hard, not once. But story-wise I'd say it rivals OoT.

There are parts of WW that aren't easy. Finding all the Triforce pieces for example. Not that GETTING them was difficult, it was just tedious to FIND them. But yes the game wasn't very hard.

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #9 on: 5 January 2008, 11:08:56 »

As much as I liked OoT, I still prefer ALttP.

No more pencils, No more books
I built a city out' one brick, it had a Mayor and a Crook
I made the Crook stab the Mayor, then slay himself in the guilt
I stole the brick back and migrated east, now let's build.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #10 on: 5 January 2008, 11:12:26 »

A link tot he Past
OOT
Twilight Princess.
Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #11 on: 5 January 2008, 14:32:02 »

Twilight Princess.
I kind of want to say Majora's Mask, but I know saying that wouldn't be completely true in my opinion and would probably result in death.
Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #12 on: 5 January 2008, 15:19:53 »

Link's Awakening, for sheer replayability.

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
White Shadow
Matrix Marine

« Reply #13 on: 5 January 2008, 16:23:45 »

Link's Awakening, followed by A Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time. Majora's Mask had its moments though.

White Shadow
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #14 on: 5 January 2008, 16:32:05 »

Link's Awakening
Link to the Past
Oracle Games

Not played much of TP, but I just didn't care for it.  But it is the best of the 3D Zeldas by far. OoT is best described by my friend who said "I beat it, tried to play it again, and just lost all intrest".  He's played the first Zelda and LttP far too many times to be considered healthy.  MM was garbage.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #15 on: 5 January 2008, 16:39:18 »

OoT is best described by my friend who said "I beat it, tried to play it again, and just lost all intrest".

That could also be me. I had the Gamecube disk of it, which included the original and the Master Quest.

I beat the original. #####ing awesome game.

I played Master Quest. It's EXACTLY the same damn thing. The only thing they changed is where obstacles are placed in the dungeons. I wasn't going to do it.

I personally wouldn't say Twilight Princess is better than OoT, but it is a pretty awesome game nonetheless. I've yet to beat it to give my full opinion though anyway. I'd like to play Link's Awakening, and I'm playing ALttP and the first Zelda. I can't put either one down.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #16 on: 5 January 2008, 17:05:42 »

MM was garbage.

OBJECTION!

Majora's Mask was a good game, it just wasn't received well because it couldn't stand up to OoT. If Majora's Mask had been developed and released before OoT I'm sure everyone would have a different opinion of the game.
Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #17 on: 5 January 2008, 17:06:41 »

I wish they'd hurry up and put MM on Virtual Console because I've never played it.

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #18 on: 5 January 2008, 17:07:13 »

Likewise.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #19 on: 5 January 2008, 17:24:36 »

: Captain Sanoguchi link=topic=335.msg11923#msg11923
[b
OBJECTION![/b]

Majora's Mask was a good game, it just wasn't received well because it couldn't stand up to OoT. If Majora's Mask had been developed and released before OoT I'm sure everyone would have a different opinion of the game.

No, they wouldn't.  Mega Man 3 was a great game, and it came AFTER Mega Man 2, the best game in the series.  It wasn't well received because it was crap.

Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #20 on: 5 January 2008, 17:30:26 »

Yeah I guess, the only difference is Majora's Mask is a good game.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #21 on: 5 January 2008, 19:24:11 »

I found the 6th dungeon in Zelda1.

I AM SURROUNDED BY RAPISTS. ;.;

EDIT: I bought a blue ring. I'm now suddenly wearing a white tunic. What does it do?

EDIT2: OHHHHH. NVM, Damage is halved. :D

EDIT3: OK. I found a RED ring. What does THAT do?
« Last Edit: 5 January 2008, 19:48:56 by ChaosVortex » Logged

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #22 on: 5 January 2008, 23:25:13 »

Probably ups attack. That's usually how blue and red relate in Zelda; Blue is for defence and Red is for attack.

Majora's Mask is crap all day.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #23 on: 5 January 2008, 23:33:31 »

Majora's Mask is MAD fun when you have a Gameshark. Assign buttons to transform into whichever transformation you want at ANY time, even early in the game when you're supposed to be a Deku Scrub.

Kinda' like battling the Elite Four without getting any Pokemon.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #24 on: 5 January 2008, 23:36:35 »

That's not the actual game though.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #25 on: 5 January 2008, 23:41:12 »

I know, I was going more for the "on the bright side" approach.

Majora's Mask was a pretty crap GAME, not just a crappy ZELDA game. I hated the time travelling.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #26 on: 6 January 2008, 01:45:51 »

Yeah..

Oh no! Almost 3 days! Time to go back in time for the 3848th time!
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #27 on: 6 January 2008, 02:03:15 »

Not to mention trying to do the sidequests... ugh. I actually got every mask, and the Fierce Deity's mask as well. That little ending area was actually really cool, though, when you get the mask.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #28 on: 6 January 2008, 02:03:51 »

Ugh... I loved Majora's Mask... you guys are just making it look bad by pointing out its faults. MM is by far the hardest Zelda game I played.

EDIT3: OK. I found a RED ring. What does THAT do?

Halves damage. Again.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #29 on: 6 January 2008, 08:05:08 »

Ugh... I loved Majora's Mask... you guys are just making it look bad by pointing out its faults. MM is by far the hardest Zelda game I played.

It's faults are that it's horrible. It's hard because it's made wrong, not because they made it difficult.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #30 on: 6 January 2008, 08:06:27 »

There there Mikero... you can't reason with thier type.  Let it go.  Just like I let go of any hope we'll ever see another good Mega Man game.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #31 on: 6 January 2008, 09:43:23 »

It's faults are that it's horrible. It's hard because it's made wrong, not because they made it difficult.

No, no, and no. The faults didn't make the game difficult in the least. Here, let me resolve these faults.

The three days thing? Pretty moot once you play the song of time backwards. You then got five hours to beat one dungeon. It doesn't even take that long to do so! Each dungeon is an hour, maybe two for the last two dungeons to beats, long.

The things you do before each dungeon? Besides for the first dungeon (which takes an half an hour at the least), each questings before the actual dungeons take an hour to do. Seriously, if it takes more than five hours to get the dungeon and then beat it then you should seriously stop playing video games.

I myself only took six days to beat Majora's Mask (dungeon a day, side-quests for two, and the final battle was mixed with the sixth day for side-quests... about three hours a day, really). And guess what? I was eleven years old back then, and I wasn't very good at video games at the time, either (however I don't have the patience to play video games for more than an hour now-a-days...).

The side-quests? Why complain about them? The game was short enough in the first place, the side-quests are just there to make the game longer. Don't like it, don't do them. It's NOT necessary to have every mask in the game to beat it.

The amount of times I went back in time is countable. If I had to guess I would say around twelve times for the side-quests and once when I screwed up for the third dungeon (which I memorized and got back to in about five minutes).

When I was eleven, I COMPLAINED that the game was too short and it was a waste of my father's money. That was I thought playing three hours a day was nothing. If you don't want to play for more than an hour then you got those owl statues to save for you. You DID NOT have to go back in time to save. Not to mention, those owls act as teleporting spots to get back there if you wanted and those spots stayed when you went back in time.

Today, when I think back to it, Majora's Mask was a damn fine good game and not a bad Zelda game either. The game had new gameplay options thanks to the Deku Kid mask, the Goron mask, and the Zora mask. The game also had great back stories for characters that don't even matter. And also, Majora's Mask had the most unique and challenging dungeons of any Zelda game, EVER. The fact that it has a weak story, was short (even today, though it still takes me more days to beat it now), the exact same battle system for Link as Ocarina of Time and didn't have many new items is a reason why I didn't rank this in my top three, but it would still be up there.

White Shadow
Matrix Marine

« Reply #32 on: 6 January 2008, 13:05:04 »

Only hard thing in that game was the marriage sidequest which was impossible without a guide.

White Shadow
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #33 on: 6 January 2008, 18:52:44 »

Amen! Plus it was kinda' freaky, too. As the fairy said: "They look like a mother and her son."

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #34 on: 6 January 2008, 19:01:43 »

No, no, and no. The faults didn't make the game difficult in the least. Here, let me resolve these faults.

WALL OF TEXT

tldr; MM's is not generally high on most players lists because it's an awful game, especially compared to the win incarnate of the other games in the series.  It's nice that you like it, but learn to see a game is bad.  I mean, I like Bad Dudes, and it's an AWFUL game.  You don't see me trying to present it as a great game just because I like it.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #35 on: 6 January 2008, 19:25:18 »

I like the game because I haven't come across anything quite like it, atmosphere-wise. I mean, it's still Zelda, but it's different from Zelda games all the same. That may not redeem it for its supposed horrible gameplay in your eyes, but it certainly does in mine. I'd go back and play it just to re-enter that atmosphere, if nothing else.

Anyway I wouldn't put them in order, but Link's Awakening, Twilight Princess, and A Link to the Past would be my top three.

The Oracle games are way up there, though. I should go back and play those again sometime.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #36 on: 6 January 2008, 19:32:18 »

WALL OF TEXT
tldr;

Alright, I've always read your wall of textes in the past but if you're not going to take the time to read mine, then I'm not going to take the time to read yours.

And just for the record, I've seen many people who put MM high on their list. I even know a few people who think its the best Zelda game ever made. Your opinion on MM isn't a fact.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #37 on: 6 January 2008, 19:36:00 »

Neither is yours. I just more than skimmed the wall of text and fully read the stuff about the dungeons but I really never said anything about dungeons, or the song of time, or side quests myself so it didn't really pertain to why I don't like the game.

I didn't get very far since I rented it and hated it quickly. I just generally disliked most of what I played. If the three days thing becomes totally moot after a while then why even bother having it? It's a great idea, you have a limited amount of time to save this place because the man in the moon can't control his lust for the planet Earth (Or whatever the planet is called in the Zeldaverse)  enough to stay away so like you have to go back in time and do things all over the place. That's actually a really #####ing cool concept that I personally think was implemented horribly. There should be actual consequences to time travel, I'm not aware of the actual world changing that much in the game; I didn't play it long enough to find out. And I can forgive it not having drastic changes because it's time travel over three days so that's fine but maybe 3 days was a stupid amount of time.

Ocarina Of Time's time stuff was good because it was essentially the same world separated by 7 years. That makes for something interesting. Imagine skipping 7 years in which, essentially, the embodiment of evil rains havoc and ruin to your world.

And as cool as MM's time travel concept was and as cool as the idea of having to use that time travelling to stop the moon from crashing into the planet, it was introduced so plainly and poorly that it failed at any attempt to suck me into the plot. I was VERY aware that I was playing a video game and not enjoying a story in a way that Zelda games really don't do so often (Zelda II omitted).

I found the atmosphere lacking, actually. First off, like I said, it didn't grip me at all. I was definitely sitting in my room playing N64 drinking Lime Crush and not running around some world swordeding moblins for the sake of getting Princess cooch. Other than that, it kind of seemed like no one in the town even gave a ##### that they were near death. Like some people said stuff that you'd expect in that situation (I guess) but some said it with a smile, or it was just weird. But it's not even that. I just wasn't feeling it.

You want a Zelda game that brings you to a new world, with no Ganon, nothing about Hyrule, and no Zelda? But it's still awesome as hell even though it's different? You play Link's Awakening.

White Shadow
Matrix Marine

« Reply #38 on: 6 January 2008, 19:36:13 »

MM had some awful character and monster designs and I couldn't quite forgive them for reusing old models. The mask deal was like that stupid iron boots on/off thing in OoT squared. In the end the only thing it had going was an interesting atmosphere that may require an acquired taste.

White Shadow
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #39 on: 6 January 2008, 19:42:19 »

I definitely noticed that the designed were trashtown USA.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #40 on: 6 January 2008, 19:55:10 »

Alright, I've always read your wall of textes in the past but if you're not going to take the time to read mine, then I'm not going to take the time to read yours.

The internet is bad for sarcasm.  I read it, but that's all I felt compelled to respond with.  Just as well, since Mikero and White Shadow pretty much said what I thought anyway.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #41 on: 6 January 2008, 20:06:57 »

Thank you Mikero for giving me your valid reasons for disliking the game. I know you didn't point out the faults like the side-quests, that post wasn't directly for you only (and I'm sorry if it seemed that way). The dungeons and stuff was my own opinion of why the game is good.

But by the sound of your post, you didn't give the game enough time to even reach the first dungeon. Maybe because you couldn't stand it anymore and if so that's fine. However, I still stand by opinion that the dungeons are still the greatest in any Zelda game made. And although I didn't mention it in my other posts, the final boss battle was really epic too (though, not anywhere near Ganon epic in OoT).

Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #42 on: 6 January 2008, 20:10:16 »

The first dungeon was lame anyway, the dungeons were the low point for me, like most LoZ game, the dungeons always bore me, until the mini-boss or boss fights, those are fun, but I much more enjoy traveling around the overworld.
Enough about Majora's Mask. How about Tingle's Balloon Fight? I wish that game would localize in America.
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #43 on: 6 January 2008, 20:22:29 »

You mean Tingle's Freshly Picked: Rosy Coloured Rupee Land?

I gotta import that sometime.

And to Rez: Fine... I was probably going to read your WOTs anyway.

Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #44 on: 6 January 2008, 20:26:22 »

No, there's a remake of Balloon Fight with Tingle's face slapped on it. Seriously, look it up.
Kamon
Robot Master

« Reply #45 on: 6 January 2008, 20:27:05 »

Wait, that was never released there?

MMM's pet Tachikoma.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #46 on: 6 January 2008, 20:27:41 »

No, there's a remake of Balloon Fight with Tingle's face slapped on it. Seriously, look it up.

That's actually what I pictured when I read the name...
Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #47 on: 6 January 2008, 20:28:04 »

Great, want a cookie?

You mean Europe got it!?
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #48 on: 6 January 2008, 20:50:19 »

WHAT WHAT just looked online and they did!

Anyway, I've played Tingle's Balloon Fight. A Japanese friend of mine actually owns it. Great fun, but it's basically no different than Balloon Fight. It's just good to have it on the DS.

Kamon
Robot Master

« Reply #49 on: 6 January 2008, 20:52:54 »

Great, want a cookie?

You mean Europe got it!?
Yeah, we got it. We've had it for a few months now, I think.

MMM's pet Tachikoma.
Pages: 1 2 3 » Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : Best Zelda game
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string