MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
27 April 2024, 13:55:32
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  X Series  |  : Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 & 2
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » Print
Author Topic: Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 & 2  (Read 26012 times)
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #50 on: 16 April 2018, 10:10:47 »

I thought PS3 wasn't backwards compatible. 
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #51 on: 16 April 2018, 14:24:38 »

Remember I was banned for this once. 

Actually it was because no on likes you.

And I heard someone say it as the SNES version of X3.  If true, I'm really happy about that.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #52 on: 16 April 2018, 15:50:24 »

Remember I was banned for this once. 

Actually it was because no on likes you.

And I heard someone say it as the SNES version of X3.  If true, I'm really happy about that.

>_>

<_<

:'( :'( :'(

I perfer the X3 SNES version for the music, but it would be nice if we can at least have the cut scenes available for watch.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #53 on: 16 April 2018, 17:39:49 »

It would be REALLY great if they gave us the SNES, PS1, AND Saturn versions of the game.  Same with X4.  I'd much rather play the Saturn version on the PS4 than my Saturn.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #54 on: 17 April 2018, 17:30:02 »

I prefer some of the PS1 tracks for X3 because they sound like tracks from X4, but some of them are inferior due to them being slower than the originals, like the Vile Stage theme.

And yes, it seems to be confirmed it's the SNES version, CoJ posted a video of X3 with the SNES version of the opening theme playing over it.

Did the Saturn version of X4 have any differences from the PS1/PC versions? I never played it so I have no idea.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #55 on: 17 April 2018, 18:34:16 »

If it's like the other games there may have been some paralaxing and transparency differences.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #56 on: 18 April 2018, 16:10:21 »

The only track that I know of from the PS1/Sat I liked over the SNES was Blizzard Buffalo's theme.

Posted on: 17 April 2018, 22:41:53

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVU2WGEF4qQ

Here is 13 minutes of gameplay from Capcom of Japan

First off, the guy playing as X is #####.  Why do they always have people who play these suck.  The UI interface looks crappy for X challenge, but other than that seems neat

Dat flame mammmoth remix though.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #57 on: 18 April 2018, 19:30:32 »

I think I might just import both X collections from Japan on Switch.  The box art is amazing and it's mostly all English.  Then get a used X Collection on Switch later down the road.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #58 on: 18 April 2018, 19:49:24 »

Playing the Japan cart on a US Switch might even make the menus use the localized names as well. At least that's how it worked in BoTW.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #59 on: 18 April 2018, 20:55:59 »

They could even have a full option to use the US or Japanese version too for all we know right now.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #60 on: 18 April 2018, 20:59:58 »

In that case I may just import the Japanese version as well. 

While it's not perfect, Legacy Collection is what X collection should have been on the PS2.  It's a step in the right direction.  I just wish they'd have it on one cartridge/CD.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #61 on: 19 April 2018, 04:26:24 »

And added the GBC games and Command Mission.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #62 on: 19 April 2018, 13:03:54 »

Agreed.

I wonder if they'll have an option to allow PS4/Xbox1 users to purchase any of the goods seen in the museum.  Is that even legal to do something like that?
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #63 on: 19 April 2018, 14:23:05 »

I'm pretty sure most of those are decades old and not even in production anymore.  It's more of a museum of past merchandise that's been made for X.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #64 on: 19 April 2018, 16:31:16 »

I don't see why they can't do what was done for Chrono Trigger's DS release:

SNES gameplay with the PlayStation cutscenes added in.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #65 on: 20 April 2018, 12:54:11 »

Looks like there will also be a soundtrack release for all the new remixed tracks.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #66 on: 20 April 2018, 15:13:42 »

What new remixes does the game have?

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #67 on: 20 April 2018, 15:23:33 »

Dunno.

So far the only ones that we can surmise are Stage selected (X1) and Boss Battle (X1) if you watched the X challenge video.
Teelio
Sniper Joe

« Reply #68 on: 20 April 2018, 17:46:16 »

Axl has no right to be holding that microphone... He would be better off using that tambourine.

tlo
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #69 on: 25 April 2018, 01:25:49 »

But that Metool looks so cute with it!

And it should Have been Iris instead of Axl.

Posted on: 20 April 2018, 16:50:57

Speaking of that art, the art apparently shows X, Zero, & Axl in a slighly different design.  Is this like the Mega Man 11 Promo art from Legacy collection but for X9?

Could be cool if we get X9, but they need to #####ing fix the story #####.
Teelio
Sniper Joe

« Reply #70 on: 25 April 2018, 02:04:05 »

Here's to hoping. If there is a consistent trend here (Classic Legacy Collection released before Mega Man 11 announcement), then we'll probably hear an X9 announcement after a reveal a Mega Man Legends.... Legacy Collection.

The story is jacked, yes. X6 could have taken it in a better direction...

I still want to see an overall arc. It's not the best comparison, but I always compared the Maverick virus story similar to a "Salem Witch Trials" kind of thing. It was simply black & white for the first three games, but X4 started to blur those lines once Repliforce was deemed Mavericks, and then X5's Sigma Virus global spread made friends point and accuse each other (which made the X vs. Zero fight so impacting); hitting an all-time desperate and low point for the glorified good guys.

If that Sigma vs. Zero in X4 is really legit canon (the virus transferring hosts through that head gem?)....  Axl would have to contract the virus that way in X9, and thus, be taking the route of Ol' Yeller.

One can only dream at this point.

tlo
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #71 on: 25 April 2018, 14:15:43 »

But X9 would take place before Command Mission since all X games barring CM are in the year "21XX*

So Axl goes maverick, gets better, then Command Mission happens.

I don't #####ing know anymore.
LCrazy11
Sniper Joe

« Reply #72 on: 25 April 2018, 16:28:31 »

it can be a split timeline
1: the zero series happens

2: x6,7,8,9,happen and in x9 axel dies

3: axel gets better and lives so that command mission can happen

dun dun dun dun dun dun dun (mmx3 opening tune intensifies)
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #73 on: 25 April 2018, 18:18:20 »

Let's not turn this into a Zelda Timeline thing.  Rez might pop a blood vessel.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #74 on: 25 April 2018, 18:43:51 »

He shouldn't be the same colour as his guitar, this is bad design.

Anyway...

it can be a split timeline
1: the zero series happens

2: x6,7,8,9,happen and in x9 axel dies

3: axel gets better and lives so that command mission can happen

How are 2 and 3 a split timeline then? Also the Zero series would still happen after all of them.

I don't like the idea of a split timeline, and I don't even think X9 would really be a good idea at this point, but that's not a split timeline that you described. That's just a list of events in one timeline...

Let's not turn this into a Zelda Timeline thing.  Rez might pop a blood vessel.

Implying he had any left after X7.

Teelio
Sniper Joe

« Reply #75 on: 25 April 2018, 20:32:15 »

I'd like to believe the Zero series to be an "alternate reality" than an extension of sorts. In other words, non-canon whatsoever.

A return to 16-bit form would be much more welcomed than a state-of-the-art graphical upgrade, like, y'know..... What Capcom tried to accomplish with X7.

So Axl goes maverick, gets better, then Command Mission happens.

Axl turns Maverick, ends up totalled, then "hides himself while he tries to repair himself"... Quality storytelling!

tlo
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #76 on: 25 April 2018, 20:35:33 »

If I remember right, Command Mission is apparently non-canon so it can be seen as an alternate timeline, since apparently it takes place in 22XX, which I think is when Mega Man Zero takes place...

Really though, trying to branch MMX to make sense with any timeline is about as pointless as trying to make classic Mega Man link with Mega Man X. It was like how people wanted Mega Man 9 and 10 to "lead into the X series", even though there is no need for it. Just like there was no need for Legends to be part of the timeline. It doesn't add anything, just makes it more convoluted.

Also, I wouldn't be opposed to a 16-bit X9, but seeing how MM11 is, it'd probably be 2.5D like X8 and MHX. If they were to make the controls tighter it could work, probably... none of that floaty bull#####.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #77 on: 25 April 2018, 20:43:30 »

As long as it's not like "Better than nothing", then we should be good.  Given Sega's track record with Sonic (Barring Mania) I fear that Capcom won't fare any better with Mega Man.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #78 on: 26 April 2018, 03:13:06 »

At least Mega Man 11 looks like it might play decently. Sonic 4 always looked and seemed like hot garbage...
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #79 on: 26 April 2018, 04:08:03 »

I haven't had any blood left since X5.

And if Command Mission is "non canon" then we can just make MMZ non canon as well.  Command Mission timeline, even with that ##### Axl, is INFINITELY better than MMZ.  And Legends should not be connected to any of the rest of it.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #80 on: 26 April 2018, 15:34:59 »

If I remember right, Command Mission is apparently non-canon so it can be seen as an alternate timeline, since apparently it takes place in 22XX, which I think is when Mega Man Zero takes place...

If that's the case then, frankly, I consider MMZ to be the "alternate" timeline. I can live with Command Mission being the actual progression of the X series.

But ultimately I agree; Connect none of it.

As long as it's not like "Better than nothing", then we should be good.  Given Sega's track record with Sonic (Barring Mania) I fear that Capcom won't fare any better with Mega Man.

Thing is, Sonic Mania basically started from fans and Sega bought into it. It was clearly a passion project for Christian Whitehead and his team, and they knew exactly what made those early Sonic games great.

"Sonic Team" itself was meanwhile working on Forces... so basically Sonic Mania makes a huge case in favor of taking these properties away from big corporate teams and keeping it to a core of fan-developers. I think Sega got lucky in this regard, and that Capcom doesn't have the foresight to pick up on that.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #81 on: 26 April 2018, 15:58:04 »

Well maybe they need to pull a "Mania".  The guys working on Mega Man X Corrupted would be perfect for something like this.  From what I've seen them do with Corrupted is great (in my opinion at least) and would make great candidates for X9.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #82 on: 26 April 2018, 19:35:06 »

Corrupted is MMZ levels of bad character design wise and just as fanfiction tier awful as Zero Kills Everyone.  The sprite work and music does seem to capture the SNES feel quite well though.  But that's pointless if the rest of it is awful.  And it is.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #83 on: 26 April 2018, 19:39:24 »

I just don't want MM11 being #####, and by extension X9 being #####. 
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #84 on: 26 April 2018, 20:09:11 »

11 being 2.5D already hurts it a bit.  The game play will ABSOLUTELY suffer from it.  It always does when you use 3D to make a 2D game.

Any X9 will will automatically be ##### for the following reasons:
1) It will be 3D or 2.5D
2) It will have Axl
3) It will focus on the lore not the gameplay and the former will drown out and over shadow the latter.
4) And the lore is garbage at this point.

I expect it to play just like the last few games, awful stage design with a schizofrenic spread of gameplay "themes" (slow awful stealth level, ##### giant boss over and over for the whole level level, terrible ride armor/bike stage).  Basically ANYTHING but straight up fast paced challenging action platforming the first 3 games had and X4 began to move away from.

Add to that the fact with now 3 playable characters that you can't build any one stage well to work with character movement/ability because all 3 are so #####ing different.  And on top of THAT, now you've gotten to where you can swap players at any point on a stage (X8), not just when you choose the stage (X5), or the character to play the entire game as (X4).  That makes good stage design almost impossible.

Also Axl is ##### and should die on the way back to his home planet.

LCrazy11
Sniper Joe

« Reply #85 on: 26 April 2018, 20:39:49 »

well we should hope that if x9 happens it plays like x4 or x5 but with skiable cut scenes

and we should prepare for if it sucks by practising our negative review skills

dun dun dun dun dun dun dun (mmx3 opening tune intensifies)
Teelio
Sniper Joe

« Reply #86 on: 26 April 2018, 21:11:28 »

If Capcom is even remotely intelligent, they will learn from the negative feedback the latest few X entries have received and go back to what made that series so great to begin with.

I have faith mostly due to MM9, which was a much more solid game than MM7 or MM8.

tlo
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #87 on: 26 April 2018, 21:20:55 »

If Capcom is even remotely intelligent, they will learn from the negative feedback the latest few X entries have received and go back to what made that series so great to begin with.

I have faith mostly due to MM9, which was a much more solid game than MM7 or MM8.

AH HA HA HA HA AHAHAHAH HA HA HA HA HA.... HA.

Yes, I'm sure they'll do that right after they start releasing Ace Attorney retail again, and stop putting half the game on their "retail" Switch releases.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #88 on: 26 April 2018, 21:47:27 »

I'm giggling with you, Rez.

I'm just glad there are still a few reputable game companies out there, like CDProjektRed, Team Cherry, and Team Salvato to name a few. (yes, oxford comma)

Capcom hasn't done much right lately, except maybe Monster Hunter and Resident Evil VII, I think.

Hope to GOD we get an X4 style game with 3 different version of the game tweaked for all 3 characters. Maybe even a spiffed up X3 style.

BTW, see lots of talk, but has X9 actually been confirmed be cappucommu?

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Teelio
Sniper Joe

« Reply #89 on: 26 April 2018, 21:53:26 »

It's simply speculation at this point.

Hey, I'm a foolish optimist! I still had hopes for Konami after that whole ordeal... but then Metal Gear Survive happened.

tlo
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #90 on: 26 April 2018, 21:56:02 »

Konami is a completely different beast altogether.  It's corporate structure cares nothing for the consumers and have no qualms betraying them in the pursuit of profit.  Don't get the wrong idea, all companies are basically like this, Capcom included, but they took it to the very extreme.

Teelio
Sniper Joe

« Reply #91 on: 26 April 2018, 22:17:14 »

They are a many-headed beast. Seems to be a modern trend with lots of companies. EA took one of my favorite RPGs and turned it into a half-product, leaving much to be desired (Mass Effect)....

Then 2K pressuring Ken Levine to turn BioShock Infinite into a game more welcoming to casual gamers; the Call of Duty fanbase basically. Was a decent narrative, but lacked the isolation the first one did so well.

The list goes on and on....

There is room for at least -one- redemption for all... This is Capcom's ticket: If Mega Man 11 or even the fantasized X9 do turn into a heaping pile, I'll become a monk.

What a kick in the nuts that would be.

tlo
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #92 on: 27 April 2018, 05:48:35 »

Resident Evil 7 wasn't any better than 5 or 6.  It was bad and wrong in it's own way.  The first person view was #####ing AWFUL.  It has a tight super zoomed in view which is just unplayable in tight spaces like closets or dead ends.  It has a slight fish eye warp to the view which makes for severe motion sickness.  I got into the house at the start and literally got so sick I couldn't play any further.  I have no doubt this was due to wanting to do a VR release too.  7 is still not doing it right.

The original games style is what Resident Evil is and the style of game play it should have.  The Gamecube remake and Zero were where we need to go for the series style wise.

So yeah, Capcom hasn't done ##### right lately.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #93 on: 27 April 2018, 07:11:30 »

Everything about RE7 felt so... off. As bad as RE6 was, it at least looked like a Resident Evil game, or at least you could think it might be one.

I've got a bad feeling about the RE2 Remake...

Another Capcom series being crap now is Dead Rising. Picked up 4 the other day for 5 bucks and holy hell it is not very fun so far. Glad I didn't pay full price for it.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #94 on: 27 April 2018, 13:08:07 »

Resident Evil 7 wasn't any better than 5 or 6.  It was bad and wrong in it's own way.  The first person view was #####ing AWFUL.  It has a tight super zoomed in view which is just unplayable in tight spaces like closets or dead ends.  It has a slight fish eye warp to the view which makes for severe motion sickness.  I got into the house at the start and literally got so sick I couldn't play any further.  I have no doubt this was due to wanting to do a VR release too.  7 is still not doing it right.

The original games style is what Resident Evil is and the style of game play it should have.  The Gamecube remake and Zero were where we need to go for the series style wise.

So yeah, Capcom hasn't done ##### right lately.

Monster Hunter World?

Posted on: 27 April 2018, 10:50:47

On another note:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ErTjCH0xJ0

Promo theme sample.

It sounds....okay I guess.  Too much stuff going on though.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #95 on: 27 April 2018, 14:19:05 »

I've never played a Monster Hunter game so I can't say, but as some folks are saying RE7 is totally RE and was a home run, then I tend to be skeptical of folks who say the same of MHW.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #96 on: 30 April 2018, 21:13:07 »

Excellent use of laugh-no-jutsu, grasshopper. Your form is perfected.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #97 on: 1 May 2018, 13:45:16 »

Case in point:

Capcom has been #####
Now on path to redemption
Let's hope it goes on.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #98 on: 1 May 2018, 19:34:57 »

Excellent use of laugh-no-jutsu, grasshopper. Your form is perfected.

I was having a stroke...

Case in point:

Capcom has been #####
Now on path to redemption
Let's hope it goes on.

I think they've got a LONG way to go before I'd say they've even started down that parth.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #99 on: 2 May 2018, 12:10:01 »

At least they've made a start.  Baby steps mind you. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  X Series  |  : Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 & 2
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string