MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
27 April 2024, 10:51:24
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  X Series  |  : Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 & 2
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » Print
Author Topic: Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 & 2  (Read 25989 times)
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #300 on: 31 August 2018, 18:47:06 »

X7 and X8 are both awful 3D Mega Man games.  If you can play one, you can play the other.  Just because one is less awful than the other doesn't make it a good game.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #301 on: 31 August 2018, 19:01:08 »

So I got both Japanese collections off of play-asia and just opened them. The inserts I knew about, but there are these other ones with what look like download codes? I guess I'll look further into that...

Edit: they're registration codes. If you register one of these and MM11 using a code from each you're eligible for some kind of free distribution of, I guess, some limited edition stuff.
« Last Edit: 31 August 2018, 19:18:59 by Majikn » Logged

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #302 on: 31 August 2018, 19:34:51 »

I completely agree with X7 being an awful 3D Mega Man game, but at least X8 had some actual good points.  X7 had absolutely none.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #303 on: 31 August 2018, 19:48:56 »

X8 has no positive points.  Not on level design, music, or gameplay.  It's an entirely poorly designed mess of a game.  At least X5 and X6, poor games themselves, were 2D and had a few good tracks (and X5 at least had a shot of best girl Iris).  Both of those games, flaws and all, are infinitely more playable than X8.

LCrazy11
Sniper Joe

« Reply #304 on: 1 September 2018, 11:57:43 »

i think x fans saw x8 as so good because they compared it to x7 and x6, and when you think of it like that you can sort of see where they are coming from

dun dun dun dun dun dun dun (mmx3 opening tune intensifies)
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #305 on: 1 September 2018, 17:12:33 »

Even playing now I still enjoy it.  But I can see where Rez is coming from.  Nothing as of now will ever be better than X1-X4.  While I enjoyed X8, and tolerate X5 and X6, they are nothing compared to the SNES games and never will be. 
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #306 on: 5 September 2018, 20:13:56 »

I have yet to ever sully my hands with X7 or X8 and I don't plan to anytime soon.

so good

lel.

LCrazy11
Sniper Joe

« Reply #307 on: 5 September 2018, 23:08:12 »

but what about a battle network legacy collection?

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #308 on: 6 September 2018, 12:13:14 »

How about no.

Not really a big fan of Battle Network or Star Force.

Zero series can go jump off a cliff but I'll gladly take ZX collection.

Still need to play Legends....
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #309 on: 6 September 2018, 13:46:59 »

Eyy... A lot of people really liked BN, I think you're in a minority there Xero.

The first 3 games are great (or more specifically: Great, excellent, and good). They fell off big time after that, but I would easily buy a collection just to revisit those first three.

It really wouldn't be too different from the X collection in that respect, and it's pretty clear that Capcom isn't going to bother with a new BN game at this point anyway.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #310 on: 6 September 2018, 15:24:26 »

Being able to play BN1-3 on Switch would be great. If the collection happened it would be sweet if they kept the multiplayer in it as well. I doubt they would go through the trouble of adding online battles but at least local would be neat.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #311 on: 6 September 2018, 16:06:51 »

ZX is hot #####ing garbage.  Zero is awful.  Battle Network is a ton of fun and genuinely great games (overall), at least for the first trilogy.  BN 4-6 are just awful though.  Still, I'd buy a collection just to get the first 3 as well.  (Just like I imported X Collection 2 to get the not great but still playable X5 and X6 even though it had 7/8 on it as well, that and I can't say no to retail releases).

LCrazy11
Sniper Joe

« Reply #312 on: 6 September 2018, 21:13:56 »

i have to say that with how the second trilogy used tons of mini games it got annoying but i enjoyed 6 alot

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #313 on: 6 September 2018, 22:12:51 »

6 has better gameplay than 4 and 5, but it still has a lot of flaws kept from BN4 and 5 and overall the story itself really takes a nosedive to try to shoehorn in things that no one bothered to mention ever before...
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #314 on: 30 October 2018, 14:32:53 »

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/news/html/e181029b.html

WE DID IT BOYS!  WE'RE IN THE CLEAR!

X9 is on the #####ing table!  Now let's hope if it comes to pass they don't screw it up!
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #315 on: 30 October 2018, 18:30:25 »

We probably have to see how well 11 does before they consider a brand new game in a different series.

...personally, I would like Command Mission 2...
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #316 on: 30 October 2018, 18:39:43 »

OK, not to poop on another party but pump the brakes a bit here. This is good stuff but it's more indicative of the strength of digital sales rather than the Megaman franchise's viability. Aside from the prospect of X9 being mouth-dehydrating (to me), nothing here leads me to believe X9 is seriously on the table. YET.

In fact this line...

Mega Man X Legacy Collection, Mega Man X Legacy Collection 2 and Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1+2 (for PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and PC in all three cases) performed well thanks to a dedicated fan base and strong brand capabilities.

... is generally not enough for a company to go on. When judging the prospect of making a wholly new title, they don't care about seeing the niche group (us) return. They have to guarantee NEW users if they plan to make a profit. If anything, sales of Mega Man 11 would be a better gauge for them than MMXLC in terms of cost-benefit ratios of developing a whole new game.

It's even kind of funny because of course MMXLC 1 and 2 are in profit THIS year, those were already developed years ago and got a bump this year because they were ported to Switch (a minimal cost for Capcom).

SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #317 on: 1 November 2018, 11:33:40 »

X9 is the biggest monkey paw this side of a Konami game and pachinko, since the legacy collection showcased a very steady decline in quality starting with X3, continued with X4's playing it too safe in hindsight, and so on with the other titles. I don't think there's really hope to make a solid X game by this point in time without serious effort and manpower involvement, which I don't think they would see X9 as due to MM11 being touted so much as a budget title for the company. Even a spinoff game like Command Mission wouldn't be on the table due to how polarizing it can be at this point for the series, especially since the last real game was like 2005 or so.

I think we're a ways off from X9, as well as needing to temper expectations about how it will play out, since I forsee Balloon Man & Acid Man-tier level designs heading our way if we really consider Zero / ZX(A) to be the natural progression of the X series. Also, more highway, since it's Green Hill Zone without the name by this point in the X series.

Shape the world you live in, instead of letting others define it for you. Stop being reactive and become proactive, and leave a legacy worth remembering, since only you personally decide the limits of your greatness.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #318 on: 1 November 2018, 14:29:27 »

If anything it probably would make more business sense for them to launch an entirely new series under the MM banner, and I imagine even that wouldn't be on the table currently.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #319 on: 19 November 2018, 14:20:47 »

So I'm at stage 9 for X challenge...

##### DOUBLE.  ##### HIM HARD.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #320 on: 19 November 2018, 14:52:41 »

At least it's not Double AND Sigma, or you'd be double space #####ed!

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #321 on: 21 November 2018, 01:40:56 »

#####ING FINALLY. 

I completed X Challenge on Normal Mode.  That last fight though....Double is a #####ing bitch because his weakness actually makes him #####ING HARDER then it has to be.  Then Iris has her brother help her once Double is gone but at least she's manageable.

It's X6 levels of bull##### here, but I'm glad I finished it. 
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #322 on: 21 November 2018, 20:15:59 »

#####ing calm down

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #323 on: 22 November 2018, 09:27:04 »

Sorry, I'm just glad that I finally finished the damn thing. 

I don't think I even want to touch hard mode.  Completing it on Normal was hard enough. 
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #324 on: 22 November 2018, 23:32:04 »

I thought X Challenge would be a pretty good idea in theory but then I tried the first stage available on normal. I barely beat it, only having failed once, but it was such a painful experience through the first two fights that I didn't think much for trying the next stage.

For me, it was about as bad as some of the worse crap you can get into on Super Mario Maker. At least in Super Mario Maker, though, there's a "enemy's gate" sort of strategy to most of those types of levels where even if you're getting spammed to death, all you really have to do is touch the flagpole/axe at the end and you win.

I don't know how you got yourself through that, but congratulations on beating it.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #325 on: 23 November 2018, 18:32:00 »

Same here, I did the first stage on Normal and it took forever to beat and I died quite a bit. It isn't really fun. It would be less awful if you actually could deal decent damage without weakness weapons.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #326 on: 24 November 2018, 00:30:56 »

It's not balanced very well.  They bosses are sponges and you are unable to dodge attacks properly.  It's really about luck and survival. 
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #327 on: 15 January 2019, 16:46:39 »

So I bought the big #####-off Mega Man bundle at Christmas because I could score both Mega Man Legacy collections, both Mega Man X Legacy collections, and Mega Man 11 for like $40.

I fired up Mega Man X7 for the first time because I was like "Maybe I'll handle this better in a 3D environment," yeah I never got past that confusing door puzzle at the start because I couldn't figure out how to get all four switches to open at the same time, and the aiming controls are ass.

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #328 on: 16 January 2019, 03:32:55 »

Digital?  Please tell me it's not true.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #329 on: 16 January 2019, 17:26:05 »

Yeah, got them digitally for $40, also picked up the Crash + Spyro bundle for a little less.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #330 on: 16 January 2019, 19:26:03 »

This is why we can't have nice things.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #331 on: 17 January 2019, 12:31:17 »

I'm wondering if physical games get truly phased out in the future, how is Nintendo going to respond.  They never have enough space for games.

I don't have a problem with digital but I do prefer physical (because games with alot of data can take up a lot of space. 
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #332 on: 17 January 2019, 14:32:04 »

Digital is a complete disaster if you actually care about owning stuff or being able to acquire things you missed or didn't know about in the past.

A good current example is all the Wiiware games on Wii that are gone.  Just getting into games and like the Wii?  Castlevania fan?  You can't get Castlevania Adventure Rebirth.  Digital only on an online shop.  Now the shop is gone.  No retail release to buy used.  Of course you can't buy used digital games.  Don't care because you already bought it and can just redownload it if you need to?  Oh, the shop itself is gone and you literally can't redownload it.  Hope your Switch never breaks or is stolen or anything.

Assurances you can just "redownload it" if you need to once you buy it are meaningless because the shops will close at some point or rights will lapse or a company can just decide to pull something and not let it be redownloaded (Silent Hills PT anyone?).

Those are just 2 specific examples of a systemic problem.  It won't get better either.  The only solution to mitigate this and make digital only (or even just digital period) is to allow the sale of used digital content and the local back up of your digital games.  Companies will likely go out of business before they allow that though because of the possibility of piracy.  That's not a good enough excuse to deny basic consumer rights though.

This is without including a debate on weather or not you're actually "buying" your games (for digital, you're really not, just renting) and the black plague practice of releasing an unfinished game to retail and having a 100 gig day 1 patch to fix/finish/make it playable (which makes the "retail copy" literally unplayable so you don't really have a retail release), and the push for "games as services"/micro transactions/season pass/loot boxes/DLC.

TLDR digital is an abysmal format and does nothing but damage the hobby.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #333 on: 17 January 2019, 17:52:46 »

I'll start this with saying I don't particularly like the digital for games. With movies and television I don't mind at all, but for games it's a totally different ballpark. I buy 99% of my games as physical releases.

However, most analysts can see pretty clearly that we are moving towards a Netflix-style streaming service for gaming. So that's not just the lack of owning a physical copy, it's also not even owning the DIGITAL copy. And it's exactly what Microsoft is already working on. In countries with better internet (aka not North America) it's already perfectly viable to stream games; We saw it with RE7 (a relatively unpopular game in Asia) being released as a streaming game to Switch in Japan.

This is also a logical evolution path of things like Games With Gold, PSPlus, etc., where you have games ONLY on the condition that you are a member of a monthly service. For now though, those games do have to actually be downloaded to a drive--Moving forward that may not even be an issue.

What you will begin to see is the "XBox [iteration]" and "PlayStation [iteration]" being released, but basically they will simply be specialized PCs that run games better and better each year off of a proprietary streaming architecture (ex: "The PS store"). It's like upgrading your TV, once you get one that's 4k you can WATCH in 4k, without actually having to change your Netflix service. Similarly, if I went out and bought a PS4 Pro the games I already own would be enhanced.

I don't like it, but as console releases get increasingly iterative and streaming becomes simpler simpler I have no doubt we will hit a singularity and the concept of truly owning a game will be gone for good.

That is... until some new unpredictable technology comes in and shifts the paradigm so far this theory becomes outdated.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #334 on: 18 January 2019, 04:31:13 »

Or someone comes along and makes a normal console and sells you the physical games.  There will ALWAYS be a market for that.  If that means it doesn't have the "big name" games, so be it.  They can make their own.  That's where I'll be, and if no one steps up to fill that nich, I'll be done with games.

I'll have more than enough to go back and get though to keep me busy for the rest of my life though, so there's still that I guess.

LCrazy11
Sniper Joe

« Reply #335 on: 18 January 2019, 08:15:55 »

well one advantage of downloading games is that you get sales frequently and on xbox you have games with gold giving you free games every month, how can one do that with physical games

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #336 on: 18 January 2019, 09:24:56 »

Physical games get sales frequently as well, and usually they're even cheaper than buying digital. At least in my experience.

And the free games you get with Xbox Live Gold aren't really free since you'd need the subscription to be able to grab them, and even then the same issue with digital content is there. You could technically get a trial and snag the games of the month for free I guess...

It's even worse on PlayStation, where you actually lose access to the 'free' games you got from Plus if you unsubscribe.

Either way, it's crap. But probably inevitable.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #337 on: 18 January 2019, 13:59:18 »

It's definitely inevitable as much as I hate it.

Or someone comes along and makes a normal console and sells you the physical games.  There will ALWAYS be a market for that.  If that means it doesn't have the "big name" games, so be it. 

Obviously. But that's really neither here nor there since we weren't talking about the smaller markets in the first place.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #338 on: 18 January 2019, 15:01:30 »

well one advantage of downloading games is that you get sales frequently and on xbox you have games with gold giving you free games every month, how can one do that with physical games

Sales mean nothing in the broader terms of what I discussed because the end result is the same.  It just means you pay less to lose all your stuff in the future.   You still don't really own any of it.

I never said digital doesn't have some nice aspects or advantages.  But they absolutely pale compared to the negatives, rendering them pretty much moot.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #339 on: 18 January 2019, 16:04:05 »

If I could've afforded to pay for the physical releases, I probably would have. But I couldn't. At least I'm finally able to play these games.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #340 on: 22 January 2019, 02:20:18 »

The way technology is, there was always going to be some kind of a problem. Being able to keep your physical stuff is great as long as you can replace the equipment needed to play it.

I saw video about mentioning how light gun-type games are dying/have died because of technology just moving on and light guns/guns with built-in recoil and stuff like that stopped being viable.

I intend to hold on to physical games as long as possible.

If something is free but digital, it doesn't really matter so much to me if I don't technically own it. I can live with that. But yeah I practically NEVER buy anything digital at full or even near full price.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #341 on: 23 January 2019, 20:18:23 »

I usually only ever buy something digital if its like 5 or 10 bucks and its something I don't care if I own it physically. But yeah, paying full price for digital is garbage.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #342 on: 24 January 2019, 13:29:53 »

For me it's not about the price, if there's a game I really want that is digital-only like Hyper Light Drifter or Floor Kids, then that's it. I'll take physical over digital every time but I rarely just miss out completely on what I want just because of that.

If I'm being honest it's a small percentage of my physical games that I would actually boot up again years down the road, but it's still nice to have.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #343 on: 24 January 2019, 14:15:52 »

Hyper Light Drifter actually got a retail release, I know because I have it.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #344 on: 28 January 2019, 21:48:51 »

After moving multiple times and having to move my ##### myself, along with having kids and not being able to devote as much time to gaming, I'm willing to go digital for more stuff.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #345 on: 29 January 2019, 14:20:27 »

If you truly loved your children you would make sure you have reliable physical games to leave them for their future inheritance.  Think of the children!

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #346 on: 29 January 2019, 15:42:58 »

Hyper Light Drifter actually got a retail release, I know because I have it.

Not on Switch. Regardless, extremely limited runs don't help.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #347 on: 29 January 2019, 21:48:03 »

No, limited runs don't help, and make a bad precedent.  It just pushes prices up unnecessarily and encourages scalpers.  I will say of Limited Run Games specifiically, they're going the right direction with doing open preorders not specific number runs for their Switch stuff.  But ideally it would all be normal retail with numbers that make scalping unprofitable.

LCrazy11
Sniper Joe

« Reply #348 on: 30 January 2019, 14:30:28 »

when i'm fifty my grand kids are gonna be buying digital hologram versions of battlefield 23 and madden 67 or something while listening to neo funk punk jass rock made by their favourite musician
 lil skinny ##### 69 420

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #349 on: 30 January 2019, 16:34:48 »

You speak as if you believe EA will be around still.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  X Series  |  : Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 & 2
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string