MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
27 April 2024, 10:14:43
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  X Series  |  : Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 & 2
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » Print
Author Topic: Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 & 2  (Read 25983 times)
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #200 on: 25 July 2018, 01:29:51 »

*Playing on Easy*

Apply yourself!

But seriously, even normal mode is hard as #####.  I can't bear to imagine what Hard Mode is like

Also they dropped the ball with so many different mashup combos.

*No Gravity Beetle/Boomerang Kwuanger*
*No Launch Octopus/Volt Kraken*
*No Bit/Byte By themselves*
*No Chill Penguin/Blizzard Buffalo*  
« Last Edit: 25 July 2018, 01:35:17 by Xero » Logged
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #201 on: 25 July 2018, 01:49:11 »

X Challenge is nothing but bullet sponges that never die and weakness weapons don't do ##### damage to.  Played a bit on normal.  My hand was cramped after 3 minutes from non stop wall climbing and charging and dash jumping.  I won't be going back to it ever again.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #202 on: 25 July 2018, 02:12:12 »

Oh, when I said unbalanced I meant they go about their own business so they'll be on opposite sides of the screen doing their attacks and painfully missing.

The Neon Tiger and Magma Dragoon fight was particularly bad. Neon Tiger got stuck in the lava and kept wall jumping to the floor and then back down.

I'm playing on because I don't like fighting the X5 and X6 bosses at all.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #203 on: 25 July 2018, 02:34:38 »

The 3 wall papers are meh.  1 we've seen.  2 is ok, but has worst girl and is missing best girl.  3 is cool but is locked behind hard mode so no one will ever see it.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #204 on: 25 July 2018, 03:37:00 »

I beat Easy on Vol. 1, Iris has a new attack that involves summoning in Colonel for a bit.

I don't know what Mavericks are in Vol. 2, but I'll assume it'll have the ones that were missing in 1 since quite a few were missing.

Posted on: July 24, 2018, 10:07:18 PM

X5 definitely has the Maverick name changes throughout the script and menus.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #205 on: 25 July 2018, 14:14:19 »

They also changed "Ocotopardo" to "Launch Octopus".

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #206 on: 25 July 2018, 15:48:56 »

This is another instance of kind of being lazy.  Fixing some things and leaving other awful things untouched (most of X6).  If you're going to clean things up, clean things up.

This release really seems to be keeping in the tradition of these collections having some major issues that necessitate keeping the originals around.  It's only good enough if you don't have the originals or means to play them, but it's an inferior experience.

Posted on: 25 July 2018, 13:34:02

So it looks like the Japanese Switch versions ALSO have multi language modes on them, including English.  So I ordered both Collections from Play Asia.  Now I have English versions of all 8 games ON CARTRIDGE, and get 100x better cover art.  Also, the Japanese versions actually have all the Japanese openings/endings that were removed from the US versions Japan versions.  So IDEA will still be on X6 and what not.

It's a shame Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 didn't get a physical release on Switch anywhere though.  Oh well.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #207 on: 25 July 2018, 16:12:02 »

Playing X1 on the switch.  I'm using the directional buttons and not the control stick.  Thought it would be awkward at first, but it's actually pretty normal feeling. 

Also in X8 the control sticks work as the R3 and L3 buttons for the switch so the X8 cheats work. 
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #208 on: 25 July 2018, 16:35:01 »

Now I'm sorry they took out the infinite metals trick from X8 because if I ever play it again I can't bypass having to play it more to unlock #####.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #209 on: 25 July 2018, 16:41:39 »

Can still do the Metal Generator exploit.

*Play X8*
*Get Metal Generator*
*Play Noah's Park*
*Go Left*
*Wedge a book or tap the control stick*
*Go about your day as if going to work*
*Come home*
*? ? ? ?*
*PROFIT*
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #210 on: 25 July 2018, 17:43:49 »

You could also use the codes to unlock the more expensive stuff immediately, like the unlocks for Alia, Layer and Palette, and the Sigma Blade, saving you having to save up metals for them, I believe.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #211 on: 25 July 2018, 17:47:01 »

It only unlocks the ability to purchase them without doing the actual unlock requirements.  Still need to the metals.

Be thankful this isn't like microtransaction/lootbox or I'd would have taken my disc of X8 and broke it into a million pieces.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #212 on: 25 July 2018, 17:58:42 »

Huh. I thought they pre-unlocked them for you, but I guess they weren't that expensive.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #213 on: 25 July 2018, 18:12:15 »

40000 metals is pretty expensive.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #214 on: 25 July 2018, 19:17:16 »

So it looks like the Japanese Switch versions ALSO have multi language modes on them, including English.  So I ordered both Collections from Play Asia.  Now I have English versions of all 8 games ON CARTRIDGE, and get 100x better cover art.  Also, the Japanese versions actually have all the Japanese openings/endings that were removed from the US versions Japan versions.  So IDEA will still be on X6 and what not.

That's awesome, does that include english dubbed cut scenes too? Not that I mind subtitles.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #215 on: 25 July 2018, 20:33:58 »

I believe so, I guess due to licensing issues they can't put the Japanese songs in the overseas version, or they didn't want to spend the money on it.

And then you can change the Collection language from the main menu as well, so it should allow everything to be English.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #216 on: 25 July 2018, 22:28:53 »

The Japanese version has no subtitles on ANY version, but at least with the import version you get the original Japanese opening/endings and the bitch'n cover art!  And X Collection 2 on a cartridge (if you care about that) (you should).

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #217 on: 26 July 2018, 11:54:42 »

So just to be sure I understand this, when you select English on these imported copies, everything's in English except the animated scenes which are Japanese with no subtitles?

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #218 on: 26 July 2018, 14:41:29 »

No, the import Japanese version has the complete English version, dubbed cut scenes and English dialog/text/menus, just like they were released in the US.  The difference is the Import version's native Japanese version has all the original op/ed music.  Even the US release of MMXLC has all the Japanese op/ed removed now (like IDEA from X6), replaced with generic music like X4's/MM8's opening and ending was back in the day.  Even if you switch the US version to Japanese, the replaced US version op/ed music remains.

So you can at least flip to Japanese mode after you beat the games to get the music from the original US release back.  But it seems the X4 cut scene censorship and #####ing epilepsy protection are present in all regions sadly.

The collection has some major issues, enough that I'd never be satisfied with it replacing the original releases, but I guess it will do to have on one platform seeing as I have all the originals.

I'm still just mad MMLC2 never got a retail even in Japan.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #219 on: 26 July 2018, 18:32:15 »

I think also X4 and 5 have audio issues where some sound effects sound weird. Some sound longer or higher pitched. I'm not sure if its just the sounds from the old PC version or something because I never played them.

X4's intro stage also has a background issue too...

I'm hoping some of these issues are patched or something, at least the SFX and X4 BG bug.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #220 on: 26 July 2018, 22:20:13 »

I noticed the missing background in X4's intro stage.  I didn't notice any sound effects though.  I might if I go back and actually listen for it though.

As I said, the collection has some problems, they always do, and they're always enough to discount being able to accept them as a replacement for the originals.  Although I think MMXLC might be the best version of X5 available though (since it already had the intro/ending changed back on the ps1 and the ps4 fixed the horrid G&R names).

I AM glad we got the SNES X3 though.  Seriously, I hate the PS1/Saturn version.  The remixes are horrible and the animated intros really aren't anything to write home about.  Though in a perfect world we'd have gotten BOTH versions.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #221 on: 27 July 2018, 07:41:17 »

At the very least they should've had the cutscenes from the PS1/Saturn versions in the Gallery. Though the music player has the Opening and Ending themes for some reason...

The sound effects issue is pretty minor. Though X's voice also sounds a pitch too low also. If you remember his "Take this!" line from the original, in the Collection it sounds more monotone. I haven't played as Zero yet, so I don't know if he was affected too.

... I'm glad I own X4 and X6 for PS1, at least.

Posted on: July 26, 2018, 09:30:33 PM

Meanwhile, I failed at saving all the Reploids in X7, but I wasn't really expecting to succeed. ...though I am mad I failed by so little.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #222 on: 27 July 2018, 10:13:52 »

Playing X8 and enjoying it. 

I can't bring myself to play X7 because of just how bad it was.  I have to play with Japanese voice because the english voice is utter ##### (Though I must say the voice actors themselves have vastly improved if you played ZX Advent.  I'm impressed!)

Beat Gravity Antonion and now getting armor parts.  Alia a cute, Layer a hot, Pallete a #####.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #223 on: 27 July 2018, 14:28:13 »

#####ing epilepsy protection

I don't know, I don't really think that's something to complain about. It's pretty important. Working in animation we have to keep that stuff in mind, so we deal with the Harding test a lot. You'd be surprised how many people are affected.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #224 on: 27 July 2018, 15:55:02 »

I'm aware, but that doesn't make it look any more awful they they retroactively ##### up the picture on stuff to fix it.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #225 on: 27 July 2018, 18:46:58 »

As someone who has epilepsy, I do like when they have the option for less flashing, but I think it should be an option and not the only option. Especially since in some cases it actually isn't necessary.

I think my TV also auto adjusts brightness so the X4 Opening ends up getting super dim at times...

...and I beat X7. Strangely Final Sigma was way easier than I remember. Beat him on my first try.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #226 on: 27 July 2018, 19:29:18 »

Splash Laser wrecks him.  Just about any boss honestly in X7 when charged.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #227 on: 27 July 2018, 19:43:42 »

Huh, I didn't know that. Explosion is his weakness though, right? I used that and he usually would get stunned and then disappear.

Really that final battle is so odd since they have all those floating rocks around but if you get on one you're going to have a harder time. Just staying on the platform you start on is the easiest way to dodge his attacks.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #228 on: 27 July 2018, 21:48:10 »

I only bothered to kill him as Zero way way back in two thousand and whatever and I did so by deflecting his megalobarfs with m'lightsabre.

I remember it being quite difficult because I wasn't good at not being punched into the abyss.

Come to think of it, how many Mega Man final bosses even have a move (or a room) that can insta-kill you?

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #229 on: 27 July 2018, 21:52:28 »

DON'T GIVE THEM ANY IDEAS.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #230 on: 27 July 2018, 23:33:19 »

If I'm not mistaken, X4 had the 2nd Final Sigma (the head on the ground) summon spikes on the wall during his attacks. And some of the elemental head bots would also have spikes on them in some attacks.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #231 on: 28 July 2018, 01:27:20 »

Yes, but it would be impossible to get hit by them unless you didn't move at all.  Just dash away and you'll be safe.

On another note:  ##### DYNASTY!  I forgot how much #####ing hell that stage was and controlling the Sirius in Gigabolt Man-O-War's stage.  One of the biggest flaws of X8.  The only thing I hated from X8
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #232 on: 28 July 2018, 07:01:00 »

I also don't like Central White or whatever the snow level is... it's not as bad as Dynasty but ugh.

Posted on: July 27, 2018, 09:48:59 PM

I would also like to join Xero in saying ##### Dynasty.

So poorly designed.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #233 on: 28 July 2018, 07:47:38 »

Why don't we compromise and just say ##### X8?  Because it really is a piece of garbage.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #234 on: 28 July 2018, 16:51:23 »

I still have somewhat fond memories of X8 but I suspect I won't be as impressed by it once I play it again.

The last X Collection I had SOME problems with. I hated X1 to X3 pretty much for no other reason than how they handled music loops alone. I can't believe that kind of thing ether made it past quality assurance or was ignored when they brought it up.

But if this collection at least doesn't have any issues as bad as THAT, I'm comfortable enough buying it.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #235 on: 28 July 2018, 20:56:22 »

The X4 music loops seem different as well in MMXLC.  I noticed it on Zero's stage that the music loops perfectly smoothly now.  I need to check the other levels and see if they fixed that as well.  If so, I might have to do a new soundtrack for it.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #236 on: 28 July 2018, 21:25:02 »

That's cool. I think the Saturn version also had endless track looping but it probably sounded a bit different from the PS1 version.

I'd also assume X1-3 have endless looping as well like their SNES versions, and not the 5 minute mp3s the old X Collection had.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #237 on: 29 July 2018, 01:32:32 »

I also don't like Central White or whatever the snow level is... it's not as bad as Dynasty but ugh.

Central White is much easier and the controls are better.  It's still a bit annoying but nothing to the dumpster fire that is Dynasty. 
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #238 on: 29 July 2018, 04:18:45 »

After playing it, yeah its not so bad. Beat it on the first try. I just have bad memories of it...

Posted on: July 28, 2018, 09:36:16 PM

Also, because apparently I'm a masochist, I went and rescued all the Reploids in X7. Strangely, it didn't feel nearly as impossible as it did 15 years ago... in fact I only had to redo a level once, and it was Tornado Tonion's stage...
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #239 on: 29 July 2018, 16:55:18 »

X8 seems to take a page from X3 in the sense you have to return to the stage once you have stuff to get other stuff. 
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #240 on: 30 July 2018, 04:32:26 »

...yeah, though a lot of the hidden items are a bit more annoying to get since you sometimes need specific characters or character combinations. I have one last Rare Metal to find and its the Troia Base one, but not the one where you get top ranking everytime. So I'll have to intentionally do bad on some of them because apparently getting top ranking a 2nd time just gets you nothing. I learned that the hard way.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #241 on: 30 July 2018, 12:46:20 »

Once I get Metal Generator, I'm either taking a book or some tape and leaving my switch on (and plugged in of course) so I can rack up metals while I'm either at work or somewhere.  That's how I got all my metals on the PS2. 
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #242 on: 30 July 2018, 19:24:05 »

Probably gonna do that myself. I just beat the game last night and I got most of X's upgrades done, but I still have ome expensive one left at like 18000 Metals, so ##### that noise. I really miss the Metal glitch...

Posted on: July 30, 2018, 01:02:35 PM

Welp, exploiting Metal Generator was helpful, got 35,000 Metals in 30 minutes and now I have X's Ultimate Recolor Armor, yay.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #243 on: 30 July 2018, 21:29:50 »

Got in my import MMXLC 1 and 2 today.  They are NICE!   Both come with some inserts about the mavericks.  Both boot right up to an all English title screen (except the logo is Rockman and the voice says Rockman X Legacy Collection).  The menus are on English by default!  Then you just left click the dpad and all the games are Mega Man X!  Super cool and easy!!  Plus, the Japanese versions do indeed have the original Japanese op/ed music that was cut out of the US release's "Japanese" version.

If you want these on the Switch, IMPORT!  This is by far the superior version of the games, plus you get them ALL on cartridge and the box art is 1000x better!

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #244 on: 30 July 2018, 21:49:14 »

I'm definitely importing it at some point, especially since I do want a cartridge version of both collections.

I started playing more X5 and got to the "Octopardo" line, which we already know was fixed, but here's a screenshot of it anyway.

...also, since Shining Firefly is longer than Izzy Glow, they just call him Dr. Firefly during curscenes.

Posted on: July 30, 2018, 04:35:39 PM

And "Reploid Air Forces" was fixed to Repliforce's air wing.

...considering the amount of fixes in X5, I wonder if this was the version MMXC was supposed to get before theyvpulled everything because of MHX? It just seems odd for them to focus on just X5 in this Collection.
« Last Edit: 30 July 2018, 22:01:57 by NovaMan XP » Logged
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #245 on: 31 July 2018, 02:11:03 »

X6 really could have used a translation overhaul.  Though they need to keep the ZELLLLLLLLOOOOOO JUSDIE that Sigma spouts.  It's too funny.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #246 on: 31 July 2018, 03:56:07 »

I mean, it probably would've been way too much work since X6 is literally full of bad grammar, spelling, or poor translation choices...

The least they could've done was localize Maverick names for X6. Instead of Commander Yammark it should have been Commander Dragonfly, and Blaze Heatnix is obviously Blaze Phoenix, etc.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #247 on: 31 July 2018, 12:59:52 »

It's not that difficult.  Just make something up but keep it relevant to the story.

Example:  (Made up conversation between Zero and Ground Scaravich

Zero:  Ground Scaravich.  Can't say I'm surprised to see a low level crook like you here taking advantage of a dire situation...

Ground Scaravich:  No wait!  I'm on the level Zero!  I'm here investigating the nightmare crisis!  Really!

Zero:  Give me a break!  You expect me to believe a maverick slime ball like you!?

Ground Scaravich:  Guess I can't get anything pass by you huh Zero.  Looks like I'll have to FIGHT my way out!

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #248 on: 31 July 2018, 15:21:32 »

I'm fine with leaving X6 as it is. It's a tableau of how hard a developer can fail at something they'd previously been known for being good at. One could argue it's no longer a game meant to be played for fun, but to study as some kind of a historical piece.

If you want these on the Switch, IMPORT!  This is by far the superior version of the games, plus you get them ALL on cartridge and the box art is 1000x better!

If you're still this happy after having played more of it, absolutely.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #249 on: 31 July 2018, 15:27:22 »

Well, as happy as I can be with MMXLC.  It's far from a perfect release and the ports all pretty much have SOME kind of issues that I'll take the original release over, but yeah, for "this is what you get" it's probably the best release over all so far (and actually, I think X5 might just be better than the original release given it has almost no load times and a fixed translation with no known other issues/changes/cuts vs the original release).

X6 is not a good game, but by god it's better than X7 and X8 by a mile.  I will never play X7 or X8 again because they're such #####ty games.  I'd begrudgingly play X6 again if only because it's still an X game, just a bad one.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  X Series  |  : Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 & 2
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string