MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
29 April 2024, 06:12:07
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : Console Wars
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 » Print
Author Topic: Console Wars  (Read 42001 times)
White Shadow
Matrix Marine

« Reply #100 on: 23 December 2007, 16:14:15 »

That's the text field doing the underlining? I thought that's Firefox' doing.

White Shadow
Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #101 on: 23 December 2007, 16:25:04 »

It is.

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #102 on: 23 December 2007, 16:34:34 »

*laughs* You get what I'm going for.

No more pencils, No more books
I built a city out' one brick, it had a Mayor and a Crook
I made the Crook stab the Mayor, then slay himself in the guilt
I stole the brick back and migrated east, now let's build.
KPL
Sniper Joe

« Reply #103 on: 23 December 2007, 16:58:06 »

*Omnious aura makes KPL shiver from behind his IE*

GOOD GOD OKAY I WILL DOWNLOD FIRFOX

*goes download firefox*

kaPOW
Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #104 on: 23 December 2007, 17:16:40 »

Firefox is still for jessies.

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #105 on: 23 December 2007, 17:24:54 »

That's not the first time I've heard you say that.

That's also not the first time you've completely skipped out on explaining why.

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #106 on: 23 December 2007, 17:46:45 »

Pfft, FireFox. Opera's the way to go.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #107 on: 23 December 2007, 18:12:03 »

Another Fun Fact: It's sad that we aren't above ignoring occasional mistakes. Typing like Chimera is one thing, but a simple, single typo...

We all know trolls are "above" common sense.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #108 on: 23 December 2007, 18:12:46 »

Pfft, FireFox. Opera's the way to go.

Okay, but why?

KPL
Sniper Joe

« Reply #109 on: 23 December 2007, 22:38:30 »

Well, the reason I didn't like firefox all that much, was because it couldn't do all of the plugins that I used back in the day. I'm guessing they all fixed those kinds of things, but still i'm too lazy to download.

Even when it's common knowledge it's a much more secure browser.

kaPOW
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #110 on: 24 December 2007, 01:55:07 »

Laziness is about the lamest excuse for bad typing etiquette ever. But whatever.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #111 on: 24 December 2007, 03:55:07 »

It has nothing to do with the fact that I'm making the errors. It has nothing to do with wether I'm pissed or not. It has to do with the fact that he thinks he's being cute and it's his job to point out minor misspellings and grammar errors. I don't come here to get an english lecture every time I post a stupid comment. I'm here to amuse and abuse. Not to be dulled down like a Nun with a ruler. And the only reason I'm continuing this argument is not because I'm pissed off. It's because I like to argue and won't stop untill I'm right, or the topic gets locked. Deal with it.

You're taking things way too seriously. Why should you even care? Sano could be just messing with you. Deal with it.

... Oh. By the way, you mispelled mispellings.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #112 on: 24 December 2007, 04:21:58 »

*goes download firefox*

Yeah, downlod, right.
See Cutie Misses, I have fun with everyone.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #113 on: 24 December 2007, 04:40:00 »

misspellings

... Oh. By the way, you mispelled mispellings.

Are you serious? Is he serious?

Spell check it, bitch.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #114 on: 24 December 2007, 05:12:15 »

]
Are you serious? Is he serious?

:-)

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #115 on: 24 December 2007, 05:28:35 »

MIMIC'D

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #116 on: 24 December 2007, 05:32:42 »

God damnit, I'm a retard.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

KPL
Sniper Joe

« Reply #117 on: 24 December 2007, 08:56:49 »

*goes download firefox*

Yeah, downlod, right.
See Cutie Misses, I have fun with everyone.

Aaaaand you're welcome.

kaPOW
Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #118 on: 24 December 2007, 14:40:19 »

No problem Kootie Pantie Lily.
KPL
Sniper Joe

« Reply #119 on: 24 December 2007, 16:22:50 »

No problem Kootie Pantie Lily.

<.<

>.>

*throws smokebomb*

YOINK!

*runs*

kaPOW
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #120 on: 24 December 2007, 17:53:18 »

So.. Wii, then.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw

Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #121 on: 24 December 2007, 18:02:38 »

Johnny Chung Lee, we should remember that name, this kid is going to definitely get snatched up by Nintendo for this.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #122 on: 24 December 2007, 18:06:37 »

Doubt it.

Kamon
Robot Master

« Reply #123 on: 24 December 2007, 18:13:23 »

That was awesome. I wanna see that used fully in future Wii games.

MMM's pet Tachikoma.
Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #124 on: 24 December 2007, 18:14:06 »

Doubt it.

Oh come on, this kids got potential.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #125 on: 24 December 2007, 18:18:34 »

That's not the point. That just doesn't happen to people, Nintendo comes and scoops them up. He didn't make any new tech or anything, he just did something different with it and they probably already new the capabilities of what they built. The aftershock of the video will just be that now that the layman knows that can happen software using it will be in some sort of demand.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #126 on: 24 December 2007, 21:01:00 »

SICK!

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #127 on: 24 December 2007, 22:57:05 »

That's not the point. That just doesn't happen to people, Nintendo comes and scoops them up. He didn't make any new tech or anything, he just did something different with it and they probably already new the capabilities of what they built. The aftershock of the video will just be that now that the layman knows that can happen software using it will be in some sort of demand.

Wha? I no understand what you say!
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #128 on: 25 December 2007, 01:59:27 »

Sano, THAT is overkill.
u r so banzordz nao lol

Anyways, Boooo to PS3 until another pricedrop.

CM
Metall

« Reply #129 on: 25 December 2007, 04:31:20 »

I still don't care.

And back on topic, every #####ing retard with half a brain comes into my work expecting for us to have wii's. It's the first little annoyance. No one has them, you want one come in on sunday morning when it's in the store add.

I might get a PS3 in the near future seeing as I have a 360 already and my brother has a wii. But for right now I'm gonna get an ipod or a zune. (Got my Christmas stuffs already. Mostly clothes and 100 bucks.)
Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #130 on: 25 December 2007, 04:57:41 »

I still don't care.

And back on topic, every #####ing retard with half a brain comes into my work expecting for us to have wii's. It's the first little annoyance. No one has them, you want one come in on sunday morning when it's in the store add.

I might get a PS3 in the near future seeing as I have a 360 already and my brother has a wii. But for right now I'm gonna get an ipod or a zune. (Got my Christmas stuffs already. Mostly clothes and 100 bucks.)

Wiis, not wii's.
iPod, not ipod.
Also, don't get a PS3, wait till the price drops or till it actually has good games.
CM
Metall

« Reply #131 on: 25 December 2007, 05:25:44 »

Oh just shut up already.
Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #132 on: 25 December 2007, 06:30:20 »

lern engish good
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #133 on: 25 December 2007, 07:33:40 »

Wha? I no understand what you say!

Not funny.

CM
Metall

« Reply #134 on: 25 December 2007, 10:51:03 »

lern engish good

Learn to not be such a perfectionist douche.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #135 on: 25 December 2007, 14:46:12 »

Not funny.

Mike's exactly right. Now shut it already. It's getting irritating.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

White Shadow
Matrix Marine

« Reply #136 on: 25 December 2007, 16:00:56 »

Yes, or I will drop the first hammer of the new board.

White Shadow
Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #137 on: 25 December 2007, 20:49:50 »

If it lands on someone's toe, we can all sue Home Depot and become millionares.
Now in all seriousness, I guess I can cut it out now. I've had my fun.
Mournson
Noob

« Reply #138 on: 2 January 2008, 11:01:24 »

for me, it's not the games even with some games being for one console and not another, I still don't care. to me, it's all in the the controller. the wii mote is retarded, and that's a gentle opinion from me, I just don't like it. no matter the generation, the playstation controller is the most annoying uncomfortable thing I've ever held, I just hate it. now the 360, they got it all right. everything is easy to access, and it feels like you're holding something, not just air, it fits in my hand like a good knife handle should, and that my friends, is a good fit.

I believe someone was talking about microsoft and alto of buttons? yeah, you're not good at counting are you. 360: 8 buttons, 2 thumbsticks(with buttons underneath), back and start, doped, center button thing. PS3: same deal. and it's been that way from the start. but Nintendo, they're just dumb, the N64 controller was Shiite, duh to the fact that the whole 3 handles thing was crap, the GC controller, well, it was good, I have to admit, it was alright, but still, the nature of the buttons, seemed to, idk, they were meant to look good, not feel good.

but even though I love the 360, Wii is winning, due to the fact that it's cheap, and everybody thinks it's fun, old people, young people, teenagers, everyone.

I think it takes a big man to admit his console. isn't winning.

(spellcheck wanted to turn "gentle" into "genital")

stale bread
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #139 on: 2 January 2008, 15:35:20 »

:: puts on rain coat and galoshes ::

to me, it's all in the the controller. the wii mote is retarded,

:: golf clap ::

Congratulations, that statement has made whatever you would have said after it irrelevant by the shear stupidity of your opening.  The Wiimote, while not optimal for all types of games, especially for traditional type games (I'm looking at you Zelda) has insane potential and is the single best thing to come out of controllers since the Dpad.  Nintendo's ONLY vice on it is that they need to learn when to use the wiimote and when not to.  They had/have the same problem with the DS touch screen.

and that's a gentle opinion from me, I just don't like it.

I don't have gentle opinions, I don't like "gamers" like you.

no matter the generation, the playstation controller is the most annoying uncomfortable thing I've ever held, I just hate it.

The Dual Shock Playstation controller is the single best controller ever made.  It took the Dpad and button configuration from the SNES pad, added more comfortable grip and added an extra set of shoulder buttons (which the new "trigger" style L2/R2 buttons being fantastic) as well as the analog sticks.

The Dpad on the Playstation controller is nice and big and in the right place.  Your thumb lays naturally over that spot the most comfortably at that level.  Reaching down to where the analog stick is would be  (and is) most uncomfortable on both the Gamecube and Xbox controller or ANY controller that puts the Dpad there.

The reason the analog stick ISN'T uncomfortable to use there is because it's raised up quite a bit because it's a stick.  So instead of moving over AND down, which is quite uncomfortable, you just reach over a bit.  The only thing that's ever been bad about Sony's Dpad is the diagonals are sometimes tricky.  But any Dpad outside of Nintendo is like that.

now the 360, they got it all right.

There is so much wrong with your statement here I can't begin to cover it all, so I'll move on.

everything is easy to access,

See my above post on the Playstation controller for the main points, but the Dpad and Left Analog stick are reversed and most uncomfortable.  The Dpad isn't even a Dpad.  It's a molded Dpad looking button.  The rest of the buttons are exactly like an SNES/Playstation except they feel like they're on baked potato.  The Xbox controller holds slightly less awkwardly than the Dreamcast controller, which was terribly designed.  And that's the Small one, not the old original HUGE controller Microsoft had.

and it feels like you're holding something, not just air,

As I said, baked potato.  It's big and round and just has a very awkward feel to it.  Even the Dreamcast and N64 controller didn't feel like "air", no controller does.

it fits in my hand like a good knife handle should, and that my friends, is a good fit.

I imagine your hands must be quite odd.

I believe someone was talking about microsoft and alto of buttons?

I don't believe any non troll or idiot ever said such a thing.  And is an Alto of Buttons like a Symphony of the Night?  If so it sounds pretty cool!

yeah, you're not good at counting are you.

About as good as you seem to be at making intelligent arguments.

360: 8 buttons, 2 thumbsticks(with buttons underneath), back and start, doped, center button thing. PS3: same deal. and it's been that way from the start.

What is a "doped"?  Maybe that's what all these "people" are complaining about there being too many of on the Xbox controller.

but Nintendo, they're just dumb,

I'm sure Nintendo feels the same about you son.  Naw, don't worry, they're too busy actually making games for a gaming system to concern themselves with people like you.

the N64 controller was Shiite, duh to the fact that the whole 3 handles thing was crap,

The N64 controller wasn't actually THAT bad.  The 3 handle thing worked very well from switching form holding it to use the analog stick for 3D and holding it like a Playstation controller for the Dpad.  It's main vice was the C buttons, which were almost as bad as the old Sega pads 3/6 button layout.  It's analog stick was also very unNintendo like flimsy.

the GC controller, well, it was good, I have to admit, it was alright, but still, the nature of the buttons, seemed to, idk, they were meant to look good, not feel good.

The Gamecube controller is awful.  Not only does it suffer from misplaced left analog stick/dpad but it's buttons are horridly placed.  The dpad is also microscopic.  It is beyond uncomfortable to use it at all.  The button layout on the face is just plain bad.  The classic SNES configuration/size/shape for A B X and Y is perfect.  The Gamecubes warping, resizing/shaping, moving of them is far from optimal.  Also, the Z button should have a counterpart to make 4 shoulder buttons.  There is no reason why there should only be 3.  Apart from that it holds a lot like a Playstation controller and is also generally comfortable to hold, like the Playstation controller.

but even though I love the 360, Wii is winning, due to the fact that it's cheap, and everybody thinks it's fun, old people, young people, teenagers, everyone.

... I can't really say anything to make you look stupider than you already have with that one son.

I think it takes a big man to admit his console. isn't winning.

It takes a bigger man to finish 2nd grade English to learn how to make sentences.  The 360 is doing fine.  There are plenty of "gamers" like you to keep it going and kill the hobby for the rest of us.  So don't feel bad chumpo.

And there we have it.  Another in the ilk of the cancer that is slowly but surely killing the hobby of video gaming.  What a pity.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #140 on: 2 January 2008, 16:45:06 »

You just made my day.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #141 on: 2 January 2008, 18:14:31 »

That was lovely. I'm glad Rez got to this one first.

The Dual Shock Playstation controller is the single best controller ever made.  It took the Dpad and button configuration from the SNES pad, added more comfortable grip and added an extra set of shoulder buttons (which the new "trigger" style L2/R2 buttons being fantastic) as well as the analog sticks.

And rumble, don't forget rumbly fun.

and it feels like you're holding something, not just air,

I don't know what that means considering;

A] It's utterly impossible to hold air in your hands.
B] I've never felt like I was "holding air" when I was, oh, holding anything at all.

but Nintendo, they're just dumb,

Yes they must be dumb. They only created the SNES controller pad which is the quintessential bare bones for every decent pad there is. You even said you liked the Dual Shock from PlayStation, which is just a SNES pad with some updated design.

The 360 pad is even just a take on that design, albeit a bad one. The only thing that makes the 360 pad better than the GC pad is that the D-Pad is bigger--but wait! The 360 D-Pad is also a big piece-of-##### button with arrows on it. I don't really know which is worse, a tiny little first gen GBA D-pad or a bad throwback to the Sega Genesis D-pad (barf). The 360 pad beats the GC pad by having the buttons decently shaped, and having 4 shoulder buttons, but that's not much. I don't mind the GC controller but it's not good, and neither is the 360 pad.

##### even the DS uses the SNES configuration.

Anyway, at the end of day it's just plain stupid to buy a console JUST because you like the controller. I can't even think of comparison that's as stupid.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #142 on: 2 January 2008, 21:41:03 »

"I don't care what kind of music I listen to as long as the lead singer wears a kilt!" is the best I can do.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Voulnet
Sniper Joe

« Reply #143 on: 3 January 2008, 00:13:41 »

I have a comparison that works but it's R-rated >.>

Make mistakes. It's fun.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #144 on: 3 January 2008, 02:45:47 »

When that sort of reasoning is applied to movies, we get 8+ sequels to Land Before Time.

I wanted to make a comparison with that, but I couldn't get it to really work.

Voulnet
Sniper Joe

« Reply #145 on: 3 January 2008, 03:13:08 »

Land Before Time.... No, man. I hated it, don't remind me >.>

Make mistakes. It's fun.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #146 on: 3 January 2008, 03:38:58 »

First one was alright.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #147 on: 3 January 2008, 04:43:08 »

First one was great.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #148 on: 4 January 2008, 00:27:04 »

Big Tooth, Long Neck, Adjective Bodypart.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #149 on: 4 January 2008, 01:27:49 »

Yes, I too remember when the Long Necks were attacked in the night by the Silent Anuses.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 » Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : Console Wars
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string