MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
30 April 2024, 21:33:34
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Miscellaneous MegaMan Games  |  : Mega Man Universe
Pages: 1 2 » Print
Author Topic: Mega Man Universe  (Read 22667 times)
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« on: 31 August 2010, 21:34:53 »

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6269312.html?tag=latestheadlines%3Btitle%3B1

There. Discuss.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #1 on: 31 August 2010, 21:37:38 »

this game sucks it doesnt have zero
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #2 on: 31 August 2010, 21:48:27 »

and it has continuity errors so it sucks.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3 on: 31 August 2010, 22:11:19 »

Best animation outside of a Mega Mix anime.  Garbage otherwise.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #4 on: 31 August 2010, 23:08:02 »

I read this comment:''Legends 3 would kick so much more arse. Also Legend 3 should have Zero in it.''

I started rolling on the floor.

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #5 on: 2 September 2010, 21:36:09 »

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/31233

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #6 on: 2 September 2010, 22:10:04 »

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/megamanuniverse/video/6274925?tag=topslot;img;2

And MAYBE, we might get even more at PAX this weekend...

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #7 on: 2 September 2010, 22:11:32 »

Hello LittleBIGMegaMan. I welcome you wholeheartedly.

Alternatively, there's another trailer of the same levels with a... slightly different MegaMan.

Also, MegaMan as opposed to RockMan.

If the level editor is anything like MegaMan: Powered Up then this is win. Hopefully you can share levels between the PS3 and 360. If not, you bitches better get the PS3 version. >:(

TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #8 on: 2 September 2010, 22:24:20 »

Hahahahahaha!!!!! Funny, I have the 3 current gen systems so yea. XD

Signature:
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #9 on: 3 September 2010, 04:56:05 »

Not gonna lie, I'm rather excited for this.
TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #10 on: 3 September 2010, 05:49:22 »

Finally saw it, the game still doesn't convince me yet, maybe PAX will change my opinion on it.

Signature:
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #11 on: 3 September 2010, 14:30:04 »

It's pretty much Powered Up mixed with Little Big Planet and horrid 2D/3D sprite/model mixing and awful character design.

I won't lie, I'm really NOT impressed.  Sure it looks like it might be kind of fun, and it looks like it fixes a lot of problems I had with Powered Up as far as physics and gameplay, but I can't say I'm really excited about this at all.

TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #12 on: 3 September 2010, 14:46:15 »

MMU has MM2 cast

http://bit.ly/97YgVp

Signature:
DeMatador
Noob

« Reply #13 on: 3 September 2010, 16:08:32 »

I'm surprised noone mentioned Super Mario Crossover til now.

If this really is Capcom's reply to Crossover, it can't be that bad, huh? As long as they have as awesome a roster as SMC has, then I'm all for it.

Too bad it's never coming out on Wii.

And hey, another game for us Ace Attorney fans to yell "we want Phoenix innit", right?

(Talkin' bout Ace Attorney, unless the Court-Records forums lie, today's Rez' birthday. Happy bday?, Rez!)

SIGNATURE.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #14 on: 3 September 2010, 18:44:28 »

You don't lie in court.  It is indeed my birthday.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #15 on: 3 September 2010, 18:48:56 »

Happy Birthday you old coot.

TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #16 on: 3 September 2010, 19:11:55 »

Its like birthday week this week. XD . More yrs, more wrinkles, happy B-Day. XD

Signature:
Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #17 on: 3 September 2010, 20:21:54 »

Has rez officially become older than dirt yet or is he just creeping up on it still

Happy birthday though :D
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #18 on: 3 September 2010, 22:41:07 »

I think the art style looks pretty bad but holy hell am I all for this.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #19 on: 4 September 2010, 01:21:45 »

The art style is pretty crap, but it looks like it'd be extremely fun.

Though the whole MM2 focus seems odd. I'd almost say it's a Powered Up 2 in a way, but it's not.
TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #20 on: 4 September 2010, 03:24:24 »

MMU will maybe show at TGS.

http://www.themmnetwork.com/2010/09/03/mega-man-universe-at-tokyo-game-show/

Personally I think its a givin that it should be shown since MegaMan WAS born in the Land of The Rising Sun.

Signature:
Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #21 on: 4 September 2010, 06:15:40 »

Not a given at all. If they feel they don't have enough to show, for example, they won't. But if they have enough for video promotion they might have enough for a show
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #22 on: 4 September 2010, 17:00:45 »

Obviously, Arthur is going to be in it.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #23 on: 5 September 2010, 08:42:57 »

More MMU Info:

: Protodude
A handful of Mega Man Universe info just hit the web thanks to PAX attendees from The Mega Man Network. Mainfinger and Gelg had some time to chat in up with a Capcom rep about the game, exposing several details in the process. A quick summary of the info below:

* Subtle implication that there's more than one type of play style; trailers only showed the "tip of the iceberg."
    * Customization is a big part of the game. Capcom rep. strongly hinted at a stage editor of sorts.
    * Ryu, as well as the three Mega Man variants, are confirmed as playable characters. Hints of a large roster of playable characters.
    * Not only do the three Mega Men differ in appearance (Mega Man, Bad Box Art Mega Man and Rockman), they each have their own play styles and abilities. Bad Box Art Mega Man, for instance, can fire two shots at a time.
    * The "angry" Mega Man was designed by Masafumi Kimoto. Why is he so angry? That's just Kimoto's style, apparently.
    * Although the trailers made it seem like MMU is largely influenced by Mega Man 2, there's a "very good possibility" we'll be seeing content from other Mega Man games.
    * Mega Man Universe not making it to Wii has to do with the file size limitations of Nintendo's WiiWare service. Capcom noted they would like to be able to support a Wii version, but couldn't at this time.
    * Target release date of Spring 2011.
    * "Everything we've shown will make more sense" come Tokyo Game Show, according to the rep.

Interesting, to say the least. Stage customization seems to be a given based off of what we've seen so far, and if it's anything like that of Mega Man Powered Up, it's sure to be quite neat. The tidbit about Mega Men having different play styles leads me to believe we might even be seeing someone like Mega Man X down the line, whose abilities will surely mix up the gameplay quite a bit (wall climbing, dashing, etc.). Can't say I'm surprised about the lack of Wii support but I'm curious if Capcom will consider the possibility of a disc release where file size shouldn't be too bad of a problem. Of course, that's only if they're really adamant on getting the game on the system.

As stated above, we can expect a lot more details about the game to come from TGS, which is just around the corner -- two weeks from now. Coverage coming soon!

Full Mega Man Universe PAX info available at The Mega Man Network.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #24 on: 5 September 2010, 15:24:24 »

IF X MAKES IT IN THE GAME IS A SURE BUY FROM ME.

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #25 on: 5 September 2010, 18:35:18 »

Too bad Inafune hates X.
TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #26 on: 6 September 2010, 03:35:41 »

IF X MAKES IT IN THE GAME IS A SURE BUY FROM ME.

Ditto.

Signature:
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #27 on: 6 September 2010, 05:33:04 »

Inafune is horrible for hating X. Best gameplay of any Megaman, in my opinion.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #28 on: 6 September 2010, 07:26:04 »

I think Classic MegaMan has the better gameplay, if only because it's the most simple and elegant. X can sometimes get too complicated for its own good, especially as the series progressed.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #29 on: 6 September 2010, 07:51:34 »

The main thing that bothers me about Classic Megaman are instances of cheap level design. I'm not saying the whole thing is cheap, but all it takes is one or two really bad spots in high stakes areas. Just one area that you can't get past 90% of the time you try because you can't time a jump absolutely perfectly and is very punishable really hinders one's enjoyment of a game. I've yet to finish MegaMan 9 because I've yet to put aside hours of my time to master multiple jumps, going through the same area so many times that it drove me nuts. I've only gotten past that stage once, and then died after that and I was like "Okay I gotta go now."

I'm not saying they're bad games, I'm saying that the difficulty was too much for me. I could navigate plenty of instant-death areas but then it started to ask just a little too much. X had it good for a little while, and then just lost it. And while I've beaten EVERY X game, I have only beaten MM3.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #30 on: 6 September 2010, 08:07:54 »

I rly never liked classic for that same reason, the jumping, reason why I like X a lot more, but everyone has the right to they own opinion.

Signature:
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #31 on: 6 September 2010, 08:32:45 »

That's strange, I found MM9 to be extremely easy.

Of course, if this is Super Hard mode, then I agree. Some of the spots in it are really brutal.
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #32 on: 6 September 2010, 13:29:50 »

I beat MM9 within a few hours of getting it.  It's all down to patterns and item abuse.
A LOT of those disgusting jumps are actually really easy to make with the right items being used.  This goes for every Classic Megaman game.  Heck, the first game is the easiest in this respect after you get the Magnet Beam.

The one that gets me in 9 is the second room with lava beams in it in Wily's stage.  Possibly the worst room in the whole game.  I have it down with Rush now though.
TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #33 on: 6 September 2010, 18:43:16 »

Now they are hinting that it might be CO-OP

http://bit.ly/c1JUAK

Signature:
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #34 on: 6 September 2010, 23:23:51 »

A LOT of those disgusting jumps are actually really easy to make with the right items being used.

A LOT, but not all, is the problem... like I said I make almost all the jumps without trouble, without assistance from items. There's just one or two jumps (you know which ones I'm talking about) where you either have to take damage and use invincibility to make it, or let go of the jump button within what must be like two hundredths of a second, and that's really annoying. And there's no enemies in the area to take damage from, you have to refresh the ones that fly across the screen.

No item will help you get past that.

I love how I edited to correct a horrible math error.
« Last Edit: 6 September 2010, 23:30:57 by Majikn » Logged

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #35 on: 7 September 2010, 00:43:47 »

... there are no jumps like that.
Maybe if you're going weaponless there are some really tough ones, but there are no jumps where you have to abuse damage.  A couple of tight timing jumps (like in Magma Man's stage, with the ladder above the spikes or something), but nothing super-precise.

But I do agree that it is cheap game design.  If I want instant death traps and repetition I'll play IWTBTG.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #36 on: 7 September 2010, 02:20:23 »

Yeah. I mean, you CAN take damage in those spots to make it easier but it's not really necessary. Plus you have Rush coil and later Rush Jet to make it across those gaps. It's not that hard.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #37 on: 7 September 2010, 02:43:58 »

I was gonna show you a video of what I was talking about but then I saw the guy do a C shot in a spot I don't believe I had thought of. I used C shot on the jump AFTER, but not the other one. So... my bad.

I was talking about the spike-filled underwater part in Wily Stage 2.

I don't believe anything gave me pause in Magma Man's stage.

It's funny, some of the "harder" bosses in that game I have no trouble with, like Concrete Man, but... Splash Woman? I need her weakness to beat her, and she's supposed to be easy.

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #38 on: 7 September 2010, 03:07:29 »

Holy crap dude, her pattern is so easy.  SING, FISH, SPEARS, DIVE, REPEAT.

And that underwater stage wasn't much of a challenge to me.  I actually tend to use the jet there I think.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #39 on: 7 September 2010, 03:16:03 »

I know right? I mean, Really? She even takes DOUBLE DAMAGE from a buster shot.

If I could grade them all, Splash Woman is definitely the easiest. Just move left and right, jump and shoot at her when she dives down, jump in a swift motion dodging fishes and shoot her. She goes down in 14 shots.

Concrete Man is annoying, but he's kinda average in difficulty. Just avoid concrete and jump over his charge attacks.

Galaxy Man, just run away, and shoot at him when he lands. Easy.

Jewel Man is tricky and I can't really describe how to beat him. You just shoot and jump repetitively until you luckily either land a hit or you hit a jewel, and if you do hit a jewel, you need to jump quickly to dodge it. (Black Hole Bomb makes this fight a joke though)

Plug Man is ANNOYING. Definitely a hard boss. I just shoot and dodge attacks until he corners me. Then I bust out Jewel Satelite for defense until he jumps so I can hit him with it and run away.

Tornado Man is also average. Just move left and right to dodge tornadoes, or if you're really good, dodge through them by jumping in between them. Shoot him when you can.

Magma Man is an easy pattern. Just stay fairly close and jump to avoid, while shooting him. While his pattern is fairly easy though, he's still pretty hard.

Hornet Man is average, but kinda difficult if you let the hornets overwhelm you with grenades and tommy guns. Just shoot them rapidly until at least one or none are left. Then unload on Hornet Man until he shoots more hornets. Don't forget to dodge the one hornet while shooting Hornet Man as he runs around like an idiot.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #40 on: 7 September 2010, 03:44:33 »

Yup, that's pretty much how I do them.
Jewel Man actually has a trigger to jump when you jump (or is it when you fire? I think it's jump, been a while); if you do this right you can manipulate him into an incredibly easy to dodge loop, save for those few times you're too close to a wall when he flings the jewels.

Magma man is usually the toughest for me, at least if I'm not using tornados.

Concrete Man was the first one I killed, so I have his pattern down well enough I don't even need the tridents (they really do speed it up).
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #41 on: 7 September 2010, 05:11:24 »

I can't dodge Splash Woman's attacks. I don't know if it's because of the way I'm positioned or what, but while I CAN read the attacks, I can't coordinate perfectly to dodge the fish AND Splash Woman flying around, and the tridents always hit me. The fact that she's up in the air makes it rare for me to actually hit her, so the double damage probably wouldn't have mattered.
I can DO it with a regular buster, just not 9 times out of 10. I use her weakness and she's gone.
I'm aware that I'm in the minority with this one, I'm just saying, I find it interesting that everyone else finds her easy.

So yeah, that, while Concrete Man and Galaxy Man are the first two robot masters I've ever defeated without being killed once. I used the buster on these guys.
Galaxy Man had the added bonus of I did the whole stage through and then the boss without being killed. That's a first for me.

Did Concrete Man have a pattern? I mean, I knew his moveset, but I think he played randomly.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #42 on: 7 September 2010, 06:04:48 »

He basically has a set of attacks.

1) Charge at you.
2) Jump above you, and slam down, creating a shock.
3) Concrete shot.

He selects one of those attacks and uses it. After it's finished, he selects another one, even if it's the same one, and uses it. It's a "random" pattern, but a pattern still. You know what attack is coming obviously the second you notice he's leaning forward, bracing to jump, or pointing his buster though.

Kinda like playing Rock, Paper, Scissors.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #43 on: 7 September 2010, 13:55:49 »

With someone really slow.  His tells are pretty easy to figure out.

My THAT ONE BOSS is probably the Wily Egg Machine.  I've got the whole rest of his stuff down well, but that one?  Holy crap.
TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #44 on: 7 September 2010, 21:32:34 »

http://www.themmnetwork.com/2010/09/06/so-how-did-bad-box-art-mega-man-wind-up-in-universe/

In the video they briefly talk about a pissed off MegaMan.

EDIT:Check this sucker out.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/tgs2010/mmu.html

- Now that I look at it, maybe it might need its own topic since it's Capcom's TGS page.

- MMU is also going to be in its ''playable form''
         http://www.themmnetwork.com/2010/09/08/tgs-attendees-get-equipped-with-metowel/
« Last Edit: 9 September 2010, 04:07:17 by TheOnly » Logged

Signature:
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #45 on: 10 September 2010, 01:03:47 »

...wait, what needs its own topic?
TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #46 on: 10 September 2010, 02:21:04 »

http://www.capcom.co.jp/tgs2010/mmu.htmlIts Capcoms TGS page that happens to have MMU on it.

Signature:
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #47 on: 10 September 2010, 03:12:56 »

I don't think it needs its own topic...

In other news:

YESSSSS

TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #48 on: 10 September 2010, 04:17:14 »

something similar.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/snow_infernus/blog/2010/09/09/mega_man_universe_gameplay_overview

Signature:
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #49 on: 10 September 2010, 07:55:04 »

YESSSSS

This makes me very happy and I've never been so excited for a MegaMan game before.

Pages: 1 2 » Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Miscellaneous MegaMan Games  |  : Mega Man Universe
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string