MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
28 April 2024, 16:26:34
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Classic Series  |  : The Official Mega Man 10 Topic.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » Print
Author Topic: The Official Mega Man 10 Topic.  (Read 153836 times)
Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #300 on: 3 March 2010, 20:05:56 »

Anybody else tried some single-stage Time Attacking yet? I pounded away at Sheep Man's stage for about three hours and produced a 2:23 before taking a look at the scoreboard and finding I was fully thirteen seconds slower than andrewg (aka #####ING FAST AT MEGAMAN, he has a couple of Classic series runs on SDA last I checked). A look at his replay convinced me that I could pull off what he'd done, though, since most of the time was saved with clever use of Blade.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #301 on: 3 March 2010, 20:41:09 »

I think Rez is trying to say that YOU are mindless, Chaos.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #302 on: 3 March 2010, 20:51:26 »

somebody stop all this mindless chaos

Posted on:  3 March 2010, 15:50:40

And yeah, Chaos, I've been doing the Time Attacks. I hate how you can only upload your data/video for ONE stage. That sucks.

I have my video up for CommandoMan, though. I was 1st place for a while but then, last I checked, someone bumped me down by a second.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #303 on: 3 March 2010, 21:27:56 »

Apparently not, because I have good reason to hate it. Again, I don't get how that's mindless at all.

Your complaints are hollow, as the weapon works fine if you use it right.  You apparently are not happy it's not a pew pew shooty weapon so it sucks.  Your analysis on why the weapon "sucks" is completely flawed because of your expectations of how it should work.  The only thing you have any credibility on in your argument is it eats energy way too fast, but that's not a new problem.  Long story short, the weapon works just fine, isn't bad, you can't seem to use it properly so you hate it.  Looks pretty unjustified to me.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #304 on: 3 March 2010, 21:33:34 »

pew pew shooty weapon

Megaman.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #305 on: 3 March 2010, 21:36:07 »

Mega Man.

TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #306 on: 3 March 2010, 21:44:55 »

Proto Man.

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #307 on: 3 March 2010, 22:09:18 »

Bass
TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #308 on: 3 March 2010, 22:13:08 »

I have always wondered why Bass is "Bass" and not "Bass Man"...

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #309 on: 4 March 2010, 01:24:17 »

Just missed third place on the Sheep Man boards by 20 frames. Goddammit.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #310 on: 4 March 2010, 03:18:40 »

I think Rez is trying to say that YOU are mindless, Chaos.

Exactly. That's why I keep asking how it was mindless when I explain why I find it terrible. It's not mindless in that sense, there's a given reason.

Your complaints are hollow, as the weapon blah blah blah.  You blah blah not happy it's not a pew pew shooty weapon blah blah blah blah analysis blah blah completely flawed blah blah blah blah blah credibility blah blah blah eats energy way too fast blah blah blah.  Long story short, the weapon works just fine, isn't bad, you can't seem to use it properly so you hate it.  Looks pretty unjustified to me.

That's you. I'm trying to relate to balanced weaponry. MM9's weapons were balanced. MM10's are not. I'm not upset that it's not spammable, that's retarded. Even if it didn't suck so much energy, you can shoot at least (to my knowledge) two at a time. That's fairly decent unlike Solar Blaze. Solar Blaze however is much easier to work with. I know how to use the weapon, there's practically a tutorial in the game explaining how. It's still disappointing.

At the very least, I can understand Alec's point that Chill Spike is worse (because it's also just as terrible). I just have a preference to it rather than T. Wool.

And yeah, Chaos, I've been doing the Time Attacks. I hate how you can only upload your data/video for ONE stage. That sucks.

Yeah, I had a pretty humorous run on Strike Man's stage. But then I did another with a better time and it overwrote it. Even though it's a better time, I'm disappointed with it. The one previously was more lighthearted and fun to watch.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #311 on: 4 March 2010, 03:34:04 »

My Strike Man run's ending on the rankings was just painful. Strike Man perfectly dodged my Triple Blades like it was nothing...
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #312 on: 4 March 2010, 05:22:21 »

I saw. All it needed was an extreme close-up to Strike Man, a little slow down, and you've got a scene from The Matrix right there.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #313 on: 4 March 2010, 07:27:56 »

More Time Attacking fun stuff: fourth on the Pump Man board with a 1:43:76 I barely tried at. I literally copied the third-place run move for move, #####ed up a couple of times and said "oh well, I'll submit anyway". Without the bad boss fight I might have actually beaten the run I was copying.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #314 on: 4 March 2010, 21:05:52 »

I'm doing challenges right now.  Mostly the boss battles on hard mode. 

For the bosses I was ABLE to get too, I pretty much got their attack patterns down to a science.  They can't even touch me.
Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #315 on: 5 March 2010, 00:32:21 »

megaman 10?  ??? ???
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #316 on: 5 March 2010, 01:05:45 »

Where have you been?
Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #317 on: 5 March 2010, 01:14:58 »

Over there!
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #318 on: 5 March 2010, 03:06:38 »

I still find Solar Man annoying. Magma Man I could handle, but this sucker jumps everywhere and usually tosses two shots of unavoidable Solar Blaze.

Just need practice I guess.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #319 on: 5 March 2010, 13:18:55 »

I'm up to the Wily stages in Hard Mode.  I'm somewhat dissapointed at the Weapons Archive Boss in Hard.  It pretty much has the same attacks and no change in patterns.

You know what would have been an epic idea?   If in hard mode Weapons Archive gets a massive upgrade and in each room you fight 4 of them.  Not only that but each thing can use attacks from every boss from each game.  Also in the middle would be a special eye that can change the layout of the room (For specific bosses)

Room 1: 

1:  Bomb Man, Guts Man, Cut Man, Elec Man, Ice Man, Fire Man, Time Man, Oil Man
2:  Air Man, Crash Man, Flash Man, Quick Man, Metal Man, Bubble Man*, Heat Man, Wood Man
3:  Top Man, Shadow Man, Spark Man, Magnet Man, Hard Man, Snake Man, Gemini Man, Needle Man
V:  Mercury, Venus, Mars, Saturn, Jupiter, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto

Room 2:

4:  Toad Man, Bright Man, Pharoah Man, Ring Man, Dust Man, Skull Man, Dive Man*, Drill Man*
5:  Star Man*, Gravity Man*, Gyro Man, Stone Man, Crystal Man, Napalm Man, Charge Man, Wave Man
6:  Knight Man, Centaur Man, Wind Man, Flame Man, Blizzard Man, Plant Man, Tomahawk Man, Yamato Man
MM&B:  Pirate Man, Cold Man, Burner Man*, Magic Man, Dynamo Man, Ground Man*

Room 3:
7:  Cloud Man*, Junk Man*, Freeze Man*, Burst Man*, Slash Man, Turbo Man, Shade Man, Spring Man
8:  Grenade Man, Frost Man, Tengu Man*, Clown Man, Sword Man, Aqua Man, Search Man, Astro Man
9:  Splash Woman*, Concrete Man, Galaxy Man, Jewel Man, Plug Man, Tornado Man*, Magma Man, Hornet Man
Extra:  Enker, Quint, Punk, Ballade, Terra, Sunstar, Bass, King

* Utilizes the holographic changer.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #320 on: 5 March 2010, 14:46:30 »

I think it would have been better if they'd just changed the Robot Masters for each difficulty setting.  Also, a Doc Robot would have been cooler than the spike block things.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #321 on: 5 March 2010, 16:52:02 »

I also did Easy Mode just to unlock challenges.  Wow.  Just wow.  It's an insult and a slap in the face to Mega Man players everywhere.  This isn't Easy Mode.  It's "##### it, here is everything go nuts" mode.

Posted on:  5 March 2010, 16:31:24

As far as Hard Mode goes.  I love it.  In mostly every level I'm down to 1 to 2 pixels of life and have to think really hard.  In Strike Man's stage, I was up to the boss door and the only thing standing in my way was one of those bin enemies that shoot footballs at you.  I couldn't exactly reach him without fear of getting hit causing me to go back to the midpoint.  So I went with Wheel Cutter.  I scaled the wall and hit him and killed it.  Felt great.  Then I got to the boss and died.  Of course I had multiple lives so I went back in and pelted him with Triple Blade.  But I love how the game makes you think. 
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #322 on: 5 March 2010, 17:25:20 »

I think it would have been better if they'd just changed the Robot Masters for each difficulty setting.  Also, a Doc Robot would have been cooler than the spike block things.

Yeah, seeing Doc Robots as bosses would have been more exciting. I think they were just aiming for the fact that they were bragging about this being the "10th" game though, thus with 9 Robots from each game.

I also did Easy Mode just to unlock challenges.  Wow.  Just wow.  It's an insult and a slap in the face to Mega Man players everywhere.  This isn't Easy Mode.  It's "##### it, here is everything go nuts" mode.

Nova Man put it best by calling it "Baby mode".

PINWHEEEEELS.

Posted on:  5 March 2010, 16:52:53

Have some official Bass footage. This time, from someone who actually knows how to play

YESSSSS. (And I still ♥ Solar Man's theme.)

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #323 on: 5 March 2010, 17:29:10 »

OMG BASS DKJFBNK:SADBSK:BV
I want.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #324 on: 5 March 2010, 17:39:38 »

Jesus... Bass is easy mode on his own.  Imagine playing Bass on Easy mode...

And I wouldn't exactly call easy mode "an insult to Mega Man players".  There are people who can't beat a level even if it was just an empty hall with no enemies.  Easy mode lets them play the game.  So what?  It's not like they built the game IN easy mode and the normal (or hard) difficulty got nerfed because of it.  They just took the normal levels, and added (or subtracted) things so the talentless can enjoy the game.  I don't get the anger toward it all.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #325 on: 5 March 2010, 17:40:10 »

#####ING AWESOME

The beginning sounded like Bass' theme.. I hope they have an 8bit version of it in 10!

LOL BANDWAGON
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #326 on: 5 March 2010, 17:43:01 »

If this trend continues...

Bass will be a playable character from the start of MM11, and will be sort-of important to the story.

And then Roll will be a playable character! And then Auto! AND THEN DOCTOR LIGHT

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #327 on: 5 March 2010, 17:43:35 »

I think that was the 8-bit version.

I thought the same thing. Proto Man on hard would be incredibly difficult. Bass on easy... geeze.

Does this mean I can hope to see some Duo DLC for MM11?

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #328 on: 5 March 2010, 17:44:39 »

Duo is GONE. NO MORE DUO.

Bass also may have a bit of a part in the story as well. There's sprites of him getting KO'd and falling on the ground, so he may have an ending if anything.

LOL BANDWAGON
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #329 on: 5 March 2010, 17:46:10 »

Uh, Bass makes it play like MMX though, with the dashing.
I will get this game and play it ONLY with Bass (maybe).

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #330 on: 5 March 2010, 17:47:34 »

He plays just like he did in MM&B, minus the double jump. I wonder if he takes more damage though...

As far as I know, Bass just gets as much as an ending as Proto Man does according to hacked footage. Hopefully I'm wrong though, I'd like to see more.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #331 on: 5 March 2010, 17:50:42 »

I am with the lumberjack on this one, I haven't bought the game yet, and I probably will later once Bass comes out.

LOL BANDWAGON
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #332 on: 5 March 2010, 17:56:30 »

That's lame. You're paying $12 for only the $2 content?

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #333 on: 5 March 2010, 18:05:18 »

YES.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #334 on: 5 March 2010, 18:17:33 »

So I know Bass can't shoot through walls, like MM&B, but does he still have to stand still when shooting?

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #335 on: 5 March 2010, 18:17:49 »

It's not like ALL we get is the $2 content. It's just what REALLY appeals to me.

LOL BANDWAGON
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #336 on: 5 March 2010, 19:10:10 »

Jesus... Bass is easy mode on his own.  Imagine playing Bass on Easy mode...

And I wouldn't exactly call easy mode "an insult to Mega Man players".  There are people who can't beat a level even if it was just an empty hall with no enemies.  Easy mode lets them play the game.  So what?  It's not like they built the game IN easy mode and the normal (or hard) difficulty got nerfed because of it.  They just took the normal levels, and added (or subtracted) things so the talentless can enjoy the game.  I don't get the anger toward it all.

It's more of the fact that any form of challenge is gone.  Easy mode should be easier than normal, but still have some degree of challenge in the game.  It doesn't give new players any real chance to improve their skills since the mode practically holds your hand.  A better idea would have been to keep everything as it is, but have Mega Man take less damage from enemies.  Also maybe change the stage layouts a little (Narrow pits and slightly less spikes).  Not throw in hovering platforms and Yaschichis every 5 screens. 
TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #337 on: 5 March 2010, 19:13:54 »

Since I REALLY SUCK with these games, amma give it a stab and see just how easy the game is, since I couldn't even pass the 1st stage in MM9, yea, that much.

Signature:
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #338 on: 5 March 2010, 20:19:38 »

It's more of the fact that any form of challenge is gone.

It's not meant for people who could beat it on normal.  And normal isn't THAT hard.  It's also not necessarily a tool to make them better.  It's there so they can beat the game.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #339 on: 5 March 2010, 22:33:10 »

I guess.  But still.  It feels boring to play Easy Mode. 

I just completed the Weapon Archive Challenge on Hard.  It's surprisingly quite easy. 

The only boss challange to do on hard THAT I HAVE GOTTEN UP TO is Solar Man.  Holy balls how the ##### do you not get hit?
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #340 on: 5 March 2010, 22:58:57 »

I just starting playing Mega Man 9 and I changed my mind about possibly not getting another MM game. I'm definitely getting 10, just maybe not anytime soon.

EDIT:

I just blew my bolts
« Last Edit: 5 March 2010, 23:18:32 by Majikn » Logged

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #341 on: 6 March 2010, 11:49:21 »

##### YEAR!  I JUST BEAT SOLAR MAN'S CHALLENGE ON HARD!  HOLY HELL was it hard.  I got lucky and He didn't do his raining solar blaze attack until he was low health.  It was all I needed to score free hits and finish him without taking damage.  Now I need to complete the rest of hard mode so I can unlock Crab Puncher H, Block Devil H, Wily Machine H, and Wily Capsule H.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #342 on: 6 March 2010, 20:13:17 »

MEGA MAN 10 COMMERCIAL

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #343 on: 6 March 2010, 20:33:40 »

And I completed all of the Boss Challenges on Hard. 

Honestly, the Wily bosses are much easier than the Robot masters as they all don't really change attack patterns.  Not only that, but they all have sure-fire tatics to use so you never get hit.  Especially Wily Machine.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #344 on: 6 March 2010, 22:12:24 »

Awesome commercial.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #345 on: 7 March 2010, 01:08:26 »

I heard what they did there.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #346 on: 7 March 2010, 01:53:36 »

Mega awesome gaiz

Also MMX Intro Stage theme lololol
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #347 on: 7 March 2010, 01:57:07 »

I noticed that too! After the fact though.

Morgan Guyer
Sniper Joe

« Reply #348 on: 7 March 2010, 06:02:12 »

I would only attempt the challenges if getting a certain percentage meant unlocking something ::cough::Duo::cough::.

I don't much care for bragging rights.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #349 on: 7 March 2010, 06:06:04 »

Bragging rights for me are just a side-effect of having had the fun of doing the challenge. Provided the challenge was actually fun, which would be the main reason for me doing it.

Unlockables are nice too, though.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Classic Series  |  : The Official Mega Man 10 Topic.
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string