MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
27 April 2024, 18:19:36
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Classic Series  |  : The Official Mega Man 10 Topic.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » Print
Author Topic: The Official Mega Man 10 Topic.  (Read 153829 times)
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #250 on: 1 March 2010, 23:43:28 »

NEW PAGE WOO HOW ABOUT THAT MEGAMAN 10!

Wall of text. I'd prolly read all of it if I actually had the game.

Posted on: March 01, 2010, 06:42:32 PM

HOLY CRAP ASR! Post it on the next page, this is last one on this page.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #251 on: 1 March 2010, 23:45:02 »

OKAY HERE IT IS AGAIN

And I know I can do it faster because I spent some time dilly-dallying to get extra 1Ups and E-Tanks and screws to buy 1-Ups E-Tanks. And I barely needed them so I shouldn't have done that.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #252 on: 2 March 2010, 00:12:52 »

I just saw that in-game, I got bumped off.

You're 3rd now. Chaos is 11th.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #253 on: 2 March 2010, 00:13:02 »

I can probably do it faster too, but I'm too proud of the fact that I beat all you suckas on my first try. So there.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #254 on: 2 March 2010, 00:13:46 »

Yeah, well, you smell. :<
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #255 on: 2 March 2010, 00:19:42 »

CHAOS I WAS TOO BUSY TAKING IN ALL THE SIGHTS

I played Solar Man's level twice because I loved the music.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #256 on: 2 March 2010, 00:36:12 »

I played alot of levels twice to get bolts.

And yet I still got 22nd for a while. Huh.

AND NOW I'M GONE. WAAAAH.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #257 on: 2 March 2010, 02:07:02 »

I'm 1st place for CommandoMan and you can watch the replay of me playing it, which is awesome. Enjoy!

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #258 on: 2 March 2010, 02:55:33 »

I don't really do Time Attacks. But wow, there's not that many on the board. ANYBODY could be on the top 10

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #259 on: 2 March 2010, 03:08:16 »

Yeah, but I cut it pretty close on the CommandoMan one. Until I find a faster way past the Big Jumper guy, I don't think I can shave any more time off. Oh, and I could always stand to beat CommandoMan faster.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #260 on: 2 March 2010, 03:35:29 »

My Strike Man Time Attack is up. I wasn't really doing it for 100% seriousness. It was mainly just for fun. You can tell by the way I'm firing to the music. Check it out.

Posted on:  2 March 2010, 03:26:11

I missed this.

You don't KNOW that, haha. Maybe it was their first try.

But yeah, good job holmes!

OBJECTION!

I DO know that. Check out my posted screen. Their name is listed under me. Which means...

*slams desk*

They tried a run previously!!

Posted on:  2 March 2010, 03:31:24

Interestingly enough, I'm in 2nd with that Strike Man run.

And even moreso, I beat that Sonik guy again.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #261 on: 2 March 2010, 04:29:43 »

[spoiler]

Enker, Ballade and Punk confirmed to be the bosses for the 3 downloadable special stages.[/spoiler]

LOL BANDWAGON
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #262 on: 2 March 2010, 04:39:11 »

Well, I can safely say that MM9 is better than MM10. It's still a good game, but these weapons suck real bad, and this music isn't great like it was in 9. That's just a few reasons why.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #263 on: 2 March 2010, 14:26:17 »

Well, I can safely say that MM9 is better than MM10. It's still a good game, but these weapons suck real bad, and this music isn't great like it was in 9. That's just a few reasons why.

INCORRECT.  10 is better by about every strech of the word.  While overall 9's music was better, 10's isn't bad, and I think we can ALL agree Solar Man's theme is God Tier.  Jewel Shield and Black Hole Bomb were tops, but other than that, 9s weapons weren't any better than 10s.  And while I didn't really care for the music for Wily's castle as much as 9s, the Castle itself was INFINATELY better than 9's.  The bosses were #####ing epic.  The new Block Devil was #####ing evil.  Fighting new "Doc Robots" was awesome.  The Robo Wily pod fight at the end IN SPACE was one of my favorite final Wily fights.

9 was good, yes, and better than 10 in some areas, but 10 is a much better game OVERALL.

Oh, and I'm still rather rusty, as I took about 4 hours to beat it.  But it was a damn good 4 hours.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #264 on: 2 March 2010, 15:10:34 »

Normal mode wasn't too hard.  Yeah there were parts that were fusterating, but still managable.

DURR HURR EASY MODE.  Didn't play it yet, planning not to.  Gonna try hard mode.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #265 on: 2 March 2010, 15:52:53 »

I started an easy mode game just to grind through with Proto to see if the cinemas are different.  My god the game pretty much just turns into "push right on d pad, win stage".  It's kind of funny.

I do love Auto's shop for Protoman though.  It's like he's skimming ##### off of Light's lab and selling them with a mark up in a back alley black market.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #266 on: 2 March 2010, 18:25:40 »

You have to play easy mode to unlock all the challenges in the game... which is stupid. You'd think they auto unlock when you beat normal.

I'm still not decided on whether I think MM10 is better than MM9 yet. All I gotta say is MM10 kicked the crap outta me on the first Wily stages and on a few robot masters at first.

Final Wily was too easy though, even using only the buster.
Morgan Guyer
Sniper Joe

« Reply #267 on: 2 March 2010, 18:35:19 »

Bass Playable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0spJ3PKWvsI

Special Weapons via Special Stages:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcicyXNduiw&feature=channel
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #268 on: 2 March 2010, 19:02:59 »

Awesome stuff, but the guy is SO annoying..

LOL BANDWAGON
Morgan Guyer
Sniper Joe

« Reply #269 on: 2 March 2010, 19:16:22 »

Awesome stuff, but the guy is SO annoying..

I know, right? I hate it when people pronounce bass like the fish.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #270 on: 2 March 2010, 19:25:31 »

I....I pronounce it like a fish ;_;

Posted on:  2 March 2010, 19:22:25

HA HA.  Hard Mode is amazing.  The levels are brutal and the bosses all have new or upgraded attacks.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #271 on: 2 March 2010, 19:29:33 »

You also pronounce Xero like X-Row and not Zero.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #272 on: 2 March 2010, 19:31:11 »

Rez, where is your avatar?
I miss it...

Morgan Guyer
Sniper Joe

« Reply #273 on: 2 March 2010, 19:39:54 »

I....I pronounce it like a fish ;_;

Posted on:  2 March 2010, 19:22:25

HA HA.  Hard Mode is amazing.  The levels are brutal and the bosses all have new or upgraded attacks.

But... But why? D:

His dog is named Treble-- Treble and Bass? It's a reference to music LIKE EVERY OTHER CHARACTER in the series.

Who else is happy to see Reggae, by the way?
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #274 on: 2 March 2010, 19:43:22 »

Rez, where is your avatar?
I miss it...

...what are you talking about?  My avatar is right where it's always been.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #275 on: 2 March 2010, 20:06:21 »

And it works fine after I dump my Cache.
Neeevermind.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #276 on: 2 March 2010, 21:40:18 »

INCORRECT.  10 is better by about every strech of the word.  While overall 9's music was better, 10's isn't bad, and I think we can ALL agree Solar Man's theme is God Tier.  Jewel Shield and Black Hole Bomb were tops, but other than that, 9s weapons weren't any better than 10s.  And while I didn't really care for the music for Wily's castle as much as 9s, the Castle itself was INFINATELY better than 9's.  The bosses were #####ing epic.  The new Block Devil was #####ing evil.  Fighting new "Doc Robots" was awesome.  The Robo Wily pod fight at the end IN SPACE was one of my favorite final Wily fights.

9 was good, yes, and better than 10 in some areas, but 10 is a much better game OVERALL.

Oh, and I'm still rather rusty, as I took about 4 hours to beat it.  But it was a damn good 4 hours.

I disagree. These Wily stages seemed like there could have been more done to them, but it was interesting to play at first attempt. I'm not saying 10 is bad, it's still good... but are you kidding me about the weapons? I can use every single weapon in MM9 in nearly every aspect of the game without fail and I can rely on it. In MM10, you have Chill Spike where if you miss it's like Oil Slider and you have to switch off and back to it to reshoot it. Commando Bomb is incredibly hard to fire if you're also trying to run away from being hit, and that way can annoyingly miss the target. Water Shield is decent by blocking certain attacks and doing close range damage, but it's almost like Power Stone at the same time (which sucked). Thunder Wool is terrible, and is the worst weapon in this game. Solar Blaze is decent, but I wish it would detonate on command rather than wait for it to finish. The only really great weapons are Triple Blade and Rebound Striker. Wheel Cutter is also good, and I have no complaints for the weapon, but I wish it could have been utilized a bit more.

Wheel Cutter can climb walls really easily. The Wily Stages in MM9 made you utilize those weapons to good use and solve puzzles. I didn't see that in MM10, and I wish I did, because Wheel Cutter is fun to use.

And while I like some of the improvements to Time Attack, like watching replays, I like MM9's better. I personally find it annoying that you're rushed nonstop with no time to think. You can't rely on the Start/+ button at all, because you'll be wasting time if you do.

But I must say, they did an excellent job with the difficulty. Some of these bosses are just plain evil, but not impossible. I love that challenge. Fighting Blade Man on hard with a buster only? It's hard, but I can do it and it's satisfying when you do.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #277 on: 2 March 2010, 21:51:26 »

So in terms of placement, how would you rank MM10?

Me?  I say it ranks up with Mega Man 3 in greatness. 
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #278 on: 2 March 2010, 22:04:45 »

Chaos, you can press Select or the Wii Home button during Time Attack to pause. The timer going during the Start Menu was a necessary evil in order to have replay videos work.

Chill Spike is the worst weapon. Thunder Wool is actually really great, it just sucks that it costs so much ammo. Only 7 uses.

The weapons in this game are crap compared to MM9, but each game has their pros and cons. I'd say they're about equal.

In this game, the Wily Castles absolutely trumped MM9 in every way. The Archive boss and the Block Devil boss are both ace! Even the Crab Puncher is fun.

Oh, and Solar Man's theme is among the greatest videogame music I've ever heard.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #279 on: 2 March 2010, 22:20:05 »

I know about the minus button and home button. I'm talking about pressing start, looking for the weapon you want to use, selecting it, and resuming the game. MM9 did that without wasting your time.

I find Chill Spike more useful than Thunder Wool. If it actually hits something, it can freeze or destroy those annoying floor spring enemies.

And I'm unsure where I'd put MM10. It's not better than MM2, 9, or 4. Those are my favorites. I'd say it's pretty close to 4 though. I have some beefs with it, but it's still a great game and nothing to get worked up about.

Unless you're playing a frustrating game of Time Attack.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #280 on: 2 March 2010, 22:30:53 »

I don't think it's possible to have a #####ty Classic Mega Man game.

6 was the worst, but even then, it's a great Megaman game. 
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #281 on: 2 March 2010, 22:33:25 »

So, um... people hacked the game... and found this.

"lolwut" came to mind.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #282 on: 2 March 2010, 22:38:03 »

The prize for beating the game without touching any buttons.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #283 on: 2 March 2010, 23:20:15 »

Chill Spike is good for those Springer/Gaboyall enemies.  Kills them in one shot.

Triple Blade is very useful for huge enemies like the Jumper enemy.  Kills them in 3 hits if you manage to get all 3 blades on it each time.

Water Shield is an amazing miniboss killer.  Tears through the Keeper, Tricastle, and Surak/Fenix with ease.  Never tested it with Octobulb.

Thunder Wool is #####.  I think we can all agree on that.

Wheel cutter is actually pretty cool.  Especially with climbing up walls.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #284 on: 2 March 2010, 23:37:16 »

WHY ALL THE THUNDER WOOL HATE

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #285 on: 3 March 2010, 01:25:43 »

BECAUSE IT SUCKS. Seriously, it consumes too much weapon energy, gets awkwardly placed, moves too slow, and it hits only the column under it twice. Not to mention with all that damage it causes, you were probably better off with your buster. It's only useful if you can hit a boss and that is it's weakness. I say it should have less energy consumption, and fired more like Sheep Man's.

Speaking of which, I tested out the weaknesses and I'll list them (as well as other hints I've noticed such as my suggested order).

[spoiler]
Nova Man says he Sheep Man is the easiest way to go, but I say Chill Man is just about as easy and is more worth it. MM9 had 1 boss in particular that was somewhat weak against the buster: Splash Woman. All bosses would go down in 28 hits, but Splash Woman only needs 14. In MM10 however, every boss needs 28 shots.

This order aims for an easy take down on all bosses, and grab of essential weapons for exploration and battle. If you can go for Solar Man first instead of Chill Man, you get Rush Jet faster (which is good for Blade Man's stage), but Solar Man is definitely harder to take on than Chill Man.

I do not know how to handle all the mini-bosses. Check around for suggestions. I know Water Shield and Triple Blade work wonders on The Keeper.

Mega Buster > Chill Man = Chill Spikes
Chill Spikes > Nitro Man = Wheel Cutter
Wheel Cutter > Commando Man = Commando Bomb
Commando Bomb > Blade Man = Triple Blade and Rush Jet
Triple Blade > Strike Man = Rebound Striker
Rebound Striker > Sheep Man = Thunder Wool
Thunder Wool > Pump Man = Water Shield
Water Shield > Solar Man = Solar Blaze

Weapon Archive 1
Wheel Cutter > Elec Man
Wheel Cutter > Gemini Man
Triple Blade > Wood Man

Weapon Archive 2
Solar Blaze > Ring Man (Hit him with the main shot)
Rebound Striker > Napalm Man
Water Shield > Flame Man

Weapon Archive 3
Chill Spikes > Slash Man (Get him to land in the spikes)
Commando Bomb > Frost Man (Let the bomb impact the floor and hit him with the shock)
Thunder Wool > Tornado Man (The lightning bolt makes quick work of him)

Thunder Wool > Crab Puncher
(If you're playing through the normal game, I suggest using your Mega Buster and Triple Blade instead. You will need Thunder Wool later, so don't waste it on this easy boss just yet.)

Thunder Wool > Block Devil (This is his primary weakness)
Rebound Striker > Block Devil (This is his secondary weakness)
(Place Thunder Wool carefully when he appears to inflict the most damage. Use Rebound Striker if Thunder Wool isn't working. Use Triple Blade when he appears under the flooring)

Solar Blaze > Wily Machine #10
Water Shield > Wily Machine #10 V2

Chill Spikes > Wily Capsule

Interestingly enough, some of the weapons like Thunder Wool and Wheel Cutter give Mega Man the same color as Thunder Beam and Rolling Cutter. I think this was intentional.[/spoiler]

"lolwut" came to mind.

Where did you find that out?

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #286 on: 3 March 2010, 01:26:39 »

"lolwut" came to mind.

That's.. Rez's department.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #287 on: 3 March 2010, 01:55:03 »

Commando Bomb does wonders on the Keeper
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #288 on: 3 March 2010, 01:58:45 »

That's what I was originally using in a Time Attack (but with frustration for said reasons), and it turns out Triple Blade is much faster though.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #289 on: 3 March 2010, 02:16:30 »

"lolwut" came to mind.

GameFAQs. Where else? Everything game related turns up there.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #290 on: 3 March 2010, 02:26:51 »

And it's always 100% accurate.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #291 on: 3 March 2010, 03:00:21 »

SOUNDS TRUSTWORTHY TO MEnot

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #292 on: 3 March 2010, 03:08:34 »

BECAUSE IT SUCKS. Seriously, it consumes too much weapon energy, gets awkwardly placed, moves too slow, and it hits only the column under it twice. Not to mention with all that damage it causes, you were probably better off with your buster. It's only useful if you can hit a boss and that is it's weakness. I say it should have less energy consumption, and fired more like Sheep Man's.

You can use it to hit things above you, you can use it as a defensive wall, you can use it to kill hard-to-reach stationary enemies... you're being too hard on it. It'd be one of my favorite weapons if it didn't eat so much ammo.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #293 on: 3 March 2010, 03:45:56 »

You can use it to hit things above you, you can use it as a defensive wall, you can use it to kill hard-to-reach stationary enemies... you're being too hard on it. It'd be one of my favorite weapons if it didn't eat so much ammo.

It's only somewhat useful to kill weak enemies in that cloud form, and even then it's lame. I'm not being hard on it, it just plain stinks.

Also, I'm #6 now with clear ranking at 00:37:29

#1 is now Nobu and his time is currently at 00:15:13. WTFHAX

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #294 on: 3 March 2010, 04:43:09 »

Better than 00:00:00!

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #295 on: 3 March 2010, 05:33:46 »

"lolwut" came to mind.

GameFAQs. Where else? Everything game related turns up there.

It's from MvC though.. can't be from MM10

LOL BANDWAGON
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #296 on: 3 March 2010, 16:55:09 »

I thought it was a rather crappy weapon myself, but you have to use it with some finesse.  It's actually quite useful, just tricky to use.  That does not make it a bad weapon.  Leave the mindless hating to people who know how to do it son.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #297 on: 3 March 2010, 18:43:06 »

I know how to use it. I still hate it. It's useful in some areas, but that doesn't make it good. I find Chill Spike is much quicker to use when you need it, and if you ever miss and need to refire, L/R (Classic) or A/B (Wii Remote) let's you do a quick shot. Thunder Wool just takes too long and too much energy for that kind of weapon. I don't get how that's mindless logic.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #298 on: 3 March 2010, 19:18:38 »

Learn to read.  I said mindless hate.  And I know it when I see it.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #299 on: 3 March 2010, 19:41:34 »

Apparently not, because I have good reason to hate it. Again, I don't get how that's mindless at all.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Classic Series  |  : The Official Mega Man 10 Topic.
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string