MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
29 April 2024, 03:41:12
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Legends Series  |  : Rabble if you want Legends 3
Pages: 1 Print
Author Topic: Rabble if you want Legends 3  (Read 5395 times)
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« on: 28 November 2009, 18:48:07 »

Yeah, Capcomunity is doing something to let everyone's opinion be heard. Whatever, just read this.

http://www.themmnetwork.com/2009/11/28/get-ready-to-make-your-voices-heard-for-legends-3/

Legends 3 could happen, they just want us to show some support when they make that new addition.

LOL BANDWAGON
TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #1 on: 28 November 2009, 19:03:09 »

If this happens, I will have a good reason to get me a PS3.

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #2 on: 28 November 2009, 19:41:09 »

Ooooh, Powerstone 3.....
It's a tough choice for me between Legends 3 and Powerstone 3.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #3 on: 28 November 2009, 19:54:05 »

It isn't for me.

I haven't even played any of the Legends games and I'd go for Legends 3.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #4 on: 29 November 2009, 03:35:25 »

Unfortunately, I only have a Wii and can't afford another console at the moment. Unless it's possibly for the Wii, I'll get it in a heartbeat. If it's for the 360, I'll be wanting a 360 until I get it. If it's for the PS3, chances are, I won't be getting it anytime soon.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #5 on: 29 November 2009, 05:18:12 »

If it's on either the 360 or PS3, chances are it's gonna be on both.

I'd hope it's for the Wii, but at the same time I don't want the game to be full of Wii remote swinging to do EVERYTHING.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #6 on: 29 November 2009, 06:25:06 »

Well, look at the history of things. Konami devoted their MGS series to Playstation, and look at the trouble it's causing me. I can't play the darn thing.

Legends so far is a Playstation only game (Mega Man 64 doesn't count). While it would make MORE sense to put it on both platforms, which I hope they do, I just know that putting it on the PS3 will create a similar situation to MMPU and MHX.

I can't afford a 360 at the moment, but I do want one, since it does have some promising games and is working out better than the Wii.

If they somehow figure out how to work it with the Wii though, by all means, go for it. Just give me some Legends goodness.

EDIT: Naturally Nova, that's more of a Nintendo gimmick. I doubt Capcom will be making that their foundation.

Posted on: 29 November 2009, 05:50:55

This quote from Phillip makes me happy and brings good reason as to why Capcom should make MML3 for the Wii:

As Legends is a series that has been largely ignored by Capcom in recent years, Capcom needs to make people who are unaware of it and those who may have forgotten about it remember it again.

With "Trigger" in TvC, the Wii is an obviously place to start.  Building on his appearance in that, Capcom would be wise to bring Mega Man Legends (Or Mega Man 64 if legal reasons are in the way of that) to Nintendo's Wiiware.

Mega Man Legends and Mega Man Legends 2 should also be brought to the Xbox Live Arcade and PSN Store, as well. And while a PSP version of Mega Man Legends was appreciated it, the PSP should not have been the only system to receive this.  The Nintendo DS, which has a significantly larger marketplace than the PSP, should also receive at least one of the games.

This etablishment (which is easy on both the clock and Capcom's wallet), would pave the way for the long-awaited third installement of the series. While TvC would raise brand awareness of Mega Man Legends on the Wii, it should not necessarily be on the Wii or exclusive.

Capcom could create it as a Xbox 360/PlayStation 3 game using the Lost Planet 2 engine (or Dead Rising engine) to speed development time along.  If the company does not see that as a logical proposition, a smaller in budget Wii version should be made. The graphics in this version would recall the simplier styles of Legends 1 and 2, and would likely be cell-shaded.

However, it should not be a rail shooter. Under no circumstances should Legends 3 be a rail shooter. It would go against the heart of the series (exploration). The Wii is over saturated with rail shooters as it is, and Legends 3 as one would be simply superflorous.  If anything, it should take its predecssors and RE4: Wii Edition as a building block as inspiration for it's controls.

And once Capcom decides to create a Legends 3, they should create pre-release hype through an official site, as Capcom is curently doing with Super Street Fighter IV and Nintendo did with Super Smash Bros Brawl. It is easy, cheap, and highly effective.

And I would like to mention I consider it an honor to be having this discussion with you, Seth.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
TheOnly
Robot Master

« Reply #7 on: 29 November 2009, 14:58:28 »

Dang, he's good.

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
Pages: 1 Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Legends Series  |  : Rabble if you want Legends 3
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string