MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
28 April 2024, 01:11:40
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  X Series  |  : Maverick Hunter X
Pages: 1 2 3 » Print
Author Topic: Maverick Hunter X  (Read 41953 times)
Blitzkrieg
Metall

« on: 5 December 2007, 05:11:12 »

I finally managed to get a copy of this game while Matrix was down. I have a story to tell you, my friends.
I waited for months and months for this game to come back into stock. I said to myself "Once i get this game, my entire life will turn around."

I got the game, and I must say, I was sorrily disappointed. MegaMan Powered Up was MUCH better than this game. There was just so much more in it, and I really felt like I had the game finished by the time I was done. The only problem was there really wasn't much story in it besides MegaMan's.

I get this game, and I unlock Vile and Day of Sigma. That's about it. Even at hard mode, it was barely a challenge for me. The game had a lot of potential, and it was entertaining, but I must say, it just felt like it depended too much on the nostalgia that it brought about, rather than a brand new game.

Anyways, so what do you guys think? Was the game fun? You think Inafune should continue making more of the remakes?
Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #1 on: 5 December 2007, 05:20:38 »

I really enjoyed playing as Vile. The fact that I had to plan ahead before going into the stage to make sure I was going to be properly equipped was wonderful. The voice acting didn't exactly thrill me, but it almost never does, so no grudges held there. I guess the only thing I could really complain about was what they did to some of the robot masters' characters.

No more pencils, No more books
I built a city out' one brick, it had a Mayor and a Crook
I made the Crook stab the Mayor, then slay himself in the guilt
I stole the brick back and migrated east, now let's build.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #2 on: 5 December 2007, 05:27:17 »

There were robot masters in MHX?  Were they hidden bosses?

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #3 on: 5 December 2007, 05:31:39 »

Shut the ##### up Charles.

You know what I meant.

No more pencils, No more books
I built a city out' one brick, it had a Mayor and a Crook
I made the Crook stab the Mayor, then slay himself in the guilt
I stole the brick back and migrated east, now let's build.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #4 on: 5 December 2007, 14:08:05 »

DO I?

Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #5 on: 5 December 2007, 17:24:21 »

I love my site :D

Anyway, I never got round to playing MHX yet, but it just looks pointless to me.

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #6 on: 5 December 2007, 19:09:54 »

I finally managed to get a copy of this game while Matrix was down. I have a story to tell you, my friends.
I waited for months and months for this game to come back into stock. I said to myself "Once i get this game, my entire life will turn around."

I got the game, and I must say, I was sorrily disappointed. MegaMan Powered Up was MUCH better than this game. There was just so much more in it, and I really felt like I had the game finished by the time I was done. The only problem was there really wasn't much story in it besides MegaMan's.

I get this game, and I unlock Vile and Day of Sigma. That's about it. Even at hard mode, it was barely a challenge for me. The game had a lot of potential, and it was entertaining, but I must say, it just felt like it depended too much on the nostalgia that it brought about, rather than a brand new game.

Anyways, so what do you guys think? Was the game fun? You think Inafune should continue making more of the remakes?

Sounds to me that you overhyped it for yourself, and expected a remake to be a completely brand new game.

Though, from my experience, this was the better of the PSP ports, and gave me the most satisfaction. When it came to MHX, though... They didn't bother to change the proportions of the characters, making it where we have to relearn the hit detections from enemies and obstacles,  and we wouldn't feel cramped due to all the on screen objects with no way to navigate them properly, and Capcom also tried to start fleshing out the X series in a way that we previously have never seen before. Capcom realized that with X1, they got it right the first time, and didn't want to stray from the factors that made it a quality game, so X's campaign was left completely as it once was, with a bit of changes to mix things up, like the Armor Locations. Vile's inclusion as a playable character was actually a great suprise to vets, given most of us figured we'd get a bland Zero unlock, but instead we got to try out a completely different game style in a sense.

As far as the Day of Sigma feature went, it did a great job of providing some core backstory that the regular game would not have told otherwise. SURE, they could have tossed in bits here and there about why Sigma was at war during the regular game, or even during Vile's mode, but it honestly would have made too much dialog for people to sit through nowadays, and people would have complained or lost interest like they usually do. Plus, it was a nice throwback to X4, before the overly zealous parents that mindlessly bought the game for their children went nutso over the content of some of the scenes, not to mention the fans lost their mind over the voice quality of the game.

As far as the deal with Inafune making more of these games go, I've got mixed feelings on that one. What initially began as a war against humanity based on a machine's decision was twisted into a decision to go to war to bring out another machine's true potential, and for the evolution of their kind. Toss in the fact that not long after this game was made, it was determined that Light was the creator of the Maverick Virus, due to the chip that constantly made X question his thoughts and actions being used in Reploids, and it makes it a bit hard as a fan to say yes for more of this kind of stuff. It'd be INTERESTING to see where he was going with it all, but after his MASTERFUL storytelling in the Source Books that followed this game, given he deduced he'd never make the rest of the series, I think I'll pass and enjoy the original games like they were intended to be interepted. But hey, if he pumps the rest of them out on the PSP, I'll buy them without question, since I can always benefit from quality platformer games on the go :P

Shape the world you live in, instead of letting others define it for you. Stop being reactive and become proactive, and leave a legacy worth remembering, since only you personally decide the limits of your greatness.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #7 on: 6 December 2007, 00:15:15 »

Getting MMPU, and then later getting MHX isn't a good idea. xD

I told you MMPU was better. ...like a million times.
Lunchebox
Super Robot

« Reply #8 on: 6 December 2007, 01:21:21 »

Am I the only one who enjoyed MHX?
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #9 on: 6 December 2007, 02:36:33 »

I enjoyed it.

Sure it's not near as awesome as MMPU, but it's still good.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #10 on: 6 December 2007, 02:39:56 »

Hell no, man, I loved it. I wasn't a huge fan of Vile Mode, though.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #11 on: 6 December 2007, 02:46:19 »

Vile's game was interesting to play. He sucked at first but his upgrades were quite useful.

All the secret items were relocated and harder to find, but I hated how they implemented the armored carrier.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #12 on: 6 December 2007, 03:02:23 »

My only problem with it was this: I love hard games. I live for them. However, Vile Mode wasn't hard because of the difficulty, it was hard because he was uncomfortable to play as. Not unomfortable like King Arthur in G'n'G, but uncomfortable as in just... unnatural. I mean, I got used to it, and cleared his game, but it just wasn't well-thought-out.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #13 on: 6 December 2007, 16:39:34 »

Oh, I enjoyed it enough overall.  The graphics upgrades looked gorgeous.  The cut scenes and stuff were also a good idea.  But unfortunately, said cut scenes were all based on the canon rewrite MHX pulled, and thus sucked.  The remixes were, frankly, not good overall.  Some were down right WRONG (Armored Armadillo) Moving the Light capsules was completely unnecessary, and changing Light's first message was akin to blaspheme.  Vile mode was meh.  Very meh.

A for effort, D for execution.  Though I'd still reccomend people give it a play.  It will make you wish for a REAL X1 update.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #14 on: 7 December 2007, 01:48:05 »

This is as close as we're going to get.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #15 on: 7 December 2007, 11:26:41 »

I really enjoyed Maverick Hunter X.  The only issue is that the game is way too easy.  Especially with Storm Tornado being a broken weapon.
SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #16 on: 7 December 2007, 11:32:49 »

What are you talking about? Storm Tornado has been broken since Day 1, even on the SNES X1.

Shape the world you live in, instead of letting others define it for you. Stop being reactive and become proactive, and leave a legacy worth remembering, since only you personally decide the limits of your greatness.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #17 on: 7 December 2007, 11:37:25 »

Well it's even MORE broken.

It destroys every enemy with one hit even Hognamers and Anglere's.

The only enemy that it's weak to is Thunder Slimer. 
SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #18 on: 7 December 2007, 11:39:17 »

Considering how worthless the other weapons generally were, that's more of a gift from the heavens than a real complaint to me. Storm Tornado is the Metal Blade of 21XX.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #19 on: 7 December 2007, 11:40:05 »

Agreed.
SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #20 on: 7 December 2007, 11:46:11 »

Wait, I just had an interesting thought...

Whenever Storm Eagle uses Storm Tornado against X, it merely pushes him back, but whenever X uses it, it tears the enemies to shreds. What's up with that?

Kamon
Robot Master

« Reply #21 on: 7 December 2007, 12:41:32 »

Since when has X's version of boss attacks been an exact copy? There's quite often a difference between the original and X's version when it comes to function.

MMM's pet Tachikoma.
Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #22 on: 7 December 2007, 17:00:44 »

Well it's even MORE broken.

It destroys every enemy with one hit even Hognamers and Anglere's.

The only enemy that it's weak to is Thunder Slimer. 
Hoganmer and Anglerge ALWAYS fell to one Storm Tornado (except, in the case of Anglerge, when you were stuck inside it, so the Tornado couldn't get more than one hit off).

Off the top of my head, the only enemy it could not destroy in one hit on SNES X1 was the Spark Mandrill miniboss (is that what you were talking about anyway? I forget what it was called).
Kamon
Robot Master

« Reply #23 on: 7 December 2007, 17:02:28 »

The Spark Mandrill mini-boss is called Thunder Slime.

MMM's pet Tachikoma.
Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #24 on: 7 December 2007, 17:05:49 »

(Now armed with this knowledge, Fatso embarks to drive in the final nail of his point)

And it is still more effective than any other weapon in the lineup (F. Wave takes second place, followed by someone just button-mashing).
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #25 on: 7 December 2007, 17:26:11 »

Well Hognamer Shields would block the attack in the original X1.  Not in MHX.  Pretty much anything is pwned by Storm Tornado.
Kamon
Robot Master

« Reply #26 on: 7 December 2007, 17:36:54 »

Except for ther Serpent in Launch Octopus's stage.

MMM's pet Tachikoma.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #27 on: 7 December 2007, 17:51:40 »

Yeah....a good placed hakouken can kill that thing.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #28 on: 7 December 2007, 18:35:49 »

My only problem with it was this: I love hard games. I live for them. However, Vile Mode wasn't hard because of the difficulty, it was hard because he was uncomfortable to play as. Not unomfortable like King Arthur in G'n'G, but uncomfortable as in just... unnatural. I mean, I got used to it, and cleared his game, but it just wasn't well-thought-out.

Vile mode wasn't hard at all for me. The bosses were a bit more of a struggle at first but that's about it.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #29 on: 7 December 2007, 21:09:33 »

It wasn't HARD, it was just annoying to play.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #30 on: 7 December 2007, 23:20:56 »

After beating Chill Penguin, you get a buster weapon that pwns everything in the game.

Vile mode becomes easy after beating Chill Penguin.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #31 on: 8 December 2007, 03:46:40 »

One again, I said that difficulty was not the problem.

It was just annoying to play.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #32 on: 8 December 2007, 04:04:05 »

I never said anyone said it was hard. ;_;

I just said I thought it was easy too...
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #33 on: 8 December 2007, 04:32:53 »

Difficulty doesn't always refer to "hard." It also encompasses the word "easy."

I'll just say "difficulty level" from now on.

Blitzkrieg
Metall

« Reply #34 on: 8 December 2007, 15:37:04 »

Speaking of Vile, I think his ending was my favorite part in the whole game.

I really liked how he just died, with Sigma leaving him there to rot. It was pretty interesting for me to see.

But we all know that he comes back.....twice.
Kamon
Robot Master

« Reply #35 on: 8 December 2007, 17:16:27 »

Sigma didn't leave him to rot, he issued a command for someone to retrieve Vile.

MMM's pet Tachikoma.
Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #36 on: 10 December 2007, 16:49:52 »

Except for ther Serpent in Launch Octopus's stage.

If you time the shot right (in SNES) it will kill in one shot.
KPL
Sniper Joe

« Reply #37 on: 10 December 2007, 21:06:58 »

I liked the game only to a certain extend.

The fact that it contained a short movie about X was nice to watch, but the fact that it was english totally ruined it for me.

The fact that you could play as Vile was a good plus. I didn't like the way he aimed, though. But he could use a whole bunch of different weapons, so that was good.

If I had to grade it, i'd give it a 7.

kaPOW
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #38 on: 11 December 2007, 05:40:04 »

What's wrong with the movie being in English?

The voice acting featured in this game and MHX was phenomenal.

KPL
Sniper Joe

« Reply #39 on: 11 December 2007, 08:53:33 »

I always hate that they tend to talk a little too fast for the good of making the lips sync properly.

Sure, there's worse. MUCH worse. It's just that I always prefer subbed over dubbed.

kaPOW
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #40 on: 11 December 2007, 21:16:02 »

Some people hate dubs no matter how good they are.  I ignore them.

DJSonic
Noob

« Reply #41 on: 11 December 2007, 21:38:13 »

Truer words have not been spoken. :)

I AM Aresian!
Laucorn
Metall

« Reply #42 on: 11 December 2007, 21:56:22 »

It's a very sad but true fact. LOL.

LOL is awesome. Fail is forever.
KPL
Sniper Joe

« Reply #43 on: 12 December 2007, 15:57:35 »

Dubbed scenes, or the dub-haters?

kaPOW
Kamon
Robot Master

« Reply #44 on: 12 December 2007, 16:02:43 »

Same thing isn't it?

MMM's pet Tachikoma.
Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #45 on: 12 December 2007, 17:51:19 »

No.

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
Kamon
Robot Master

« Reply #46 on: 12 December 2007, 17:53:36 »

That's what I get for mis-reading something...

MMM's pet Tachikoma.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #47 on: 12 December 2007, 21:03:00 »

Dubbed scenes, or the dub-haters?

Quite clearly dub haters.

Aeon
Noob

« Reply #48 on: 13 December 2007, 06:37:47 »

Speaking of Vile, I think his ending was my favorite part in the whole game.

I liked to play as Vile, but to be honest I hated the ending, it makes no sense how Megaman is able to defeat you with a charge shot after that battle, in which you ended with no damage at all.

The game's really easy and gets boring after you beat it with everyone, and I really didn't expect much from the movie, considering how I already watched it on YouTube.
KPL
Sniper Joe

« Reply #49 on: 13 December 2007, 10:09:28 »

With some dubbed scenes, it just looks like they aren't taking a break to inhale.
But I have to say, after checking out the movie on MHX, they are done pretty good. The only thing that annoyed me wasn't really the dub thing, but that Zero keeps on kicking in open doors.

kaPOW
Pages: 1 2 3 » Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  X Series  |  : Maverick Hunter X
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string