MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
29 April 2024, 15:23:00
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Matrix  |  MMM General Forum  |  : HAY GUYZ!!! INAFUNE ANSWERS EVERYONE'S QUESTIONS (But your own!)
Pages: 1 Print
Author Topic: HAY GUYZ!!! INAFUNE ANSWERS EVERYONE'S QUESTIONS (But your own!)  (Read 10122 times)
SB
Sniper Joe

« on: 7 September 2008, 10:40:50 »

Link is here

So... How's about that Zero NOT killing the Classic characters out?

Or even better! How about that Question 6, where the virus actually REVIVED Dr. Wily in the X series, and Inafune publically shown that he's so very, very special at pulling whatever ideas out of thin air he wants, and dubbing it plot?

Decent read, outside of that 6th one, since... Yeah... Anywho, does this mean Rez is going to recreate the "Shot heard around the world" with that kind of bomb dropped?

Shape the world you live in, instead of letting others define it for you. Stop being reactive and become proactive, and leave a legacy worth remembering, since only you personally decide the limits of your greatness.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #1 on: 7 September 2008, 11:15:20 »

Rez is probably smiling at this.

But pissed as hell about Inafune saying the virius "revived" him. (Wily)
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #2 on: 7 September 2008, 15:44:09 »

People seriously think that's what he meant in question 6?

He clearly means that the plot element of the virus brought him back into the storyline, not literally brought him back to life.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3 on: 7 September 2008, 16:11:38 »

Rez is probably smiling at this.
Correct.
But pissed as hell about Inafune saying the virius "revived" him. (Wily)
Correct.

He ALMOST came up with a concept/plot point more retarded than Cyber Elfs.  Almost.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #4 on: 7 September 2008, 17:16:38 »

I'm going to assume there's some mistranslation going on in here for my own sanity's sake.

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #5 on: 7 September 2008, 17:20:28 »

The virus didn't revive him, it just continued his legacy of world domination, in this case, Sigma trying to create a world of Mavericks.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #6 on: 7 September 2008, 17:39:44 »

Exactly. It didn't bring him back to lfe. It brought him back into the spotlight, in a plot sense.

People seriously think that's what he meant in question 6?

He clearly means that the plot element of the virus brought him back into the storyline, not literally brought him back to life.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #7 on: 7 September 2008, 22:47:23 »

Well some of this was already posted in another thread, but yeah, I'm very certain he didn't mean that the virus brought Wily back to life, but just brought him back into contention.

SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #8 on: 7 September 2008, 23:02:30 »

I dunno... Considering how Light's Hologram basically pulled a Jesus and somehow repaired X... Then the way Sigma was talking about things, and just the general storytelling in X5, I'm more inclined to really believe he meant it as the virus really brought Wily himself back somehow outside of just a few old notes and things.  I mean, Sigma basically flat out said that his "Partner" built his new body and all that, and he actually talked with Zero's father, though maybe for mind trip purpose.

Shape the world you live in, instead of letting others define it for you. Stop being reactive and become proactive, and leave a legacy worth remembering, since only you personally decide the limits of your greatness.
preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #9 on: 7 September 2008, 23:06:02 »

MAYBE WILY IS THE VIRUS

LOL BANDWAGON
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #10 on: 7 September 2008, 23:10:47 »

OR WILLY IS.

I dunno... Considering how Light's Hologram basically pulled a Jesus and somehow repaired X... Then the way Sigma was talking about things, and just the general storytelling in X5, I'm more inclined to really believe he meant it as the virus really brought Wily himself back somehow outside of just a few old notes and things.  I mean, Sigma basically flat out said that his "Partner" built his new body and all that, and he actually talked with Zero's father, though maybe for mind trip purpose.

Maybe it's like Dune or something and Sigmar went through spice agony and learned a bunch of ancestor crap. Except for robots.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #11 on: 7 September 2008, 23:14:55 »

WILLY AND SIGMAR IN CAHOOTS

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #12 on: 7 September 2008, 23:16:10 »

I personally think Sigmar and Magmar are best fwiends.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #13 on: 7 September 2008, 23:18:20 »

Willy feews so weft out.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #14 on: 7 September 2008, 23:23:10 »

It's Cigma you chumps, watch TAS. Cigma is the equivalent of Willy or Wiley.

GAWD!

But really, what if he actually is the Virus? He never made a flesh appearance, only in data form. He could have had someone else build his alias bodies much like Sigma had his bitches build bodies for him.

LOL BANDWAGON
SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #15 on: 7 September 2008, 23:35:32 »

Yeah, but if Wily himself is actually the virus, then that means he's most likely Issoc as well, and basically Sigma X2 onwards, and POSSIBLY Serges, the only robot next to Chill Penguin and Medi/Techno made short enough to look up skirts >>

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #16 on: 7 September 2008, 23:39:34 »

He could have had someone else build his alias bodies much like Sigma had his bitches build bodies for him.

Alias bodies being Serges and Isoc.

LOL BANDWAGON
Morgan Guyer
Sniper Joe

« Reply #17 on: 8 September 2008, 01:49:19 »

Personally, I always thought Zero's virus was the conscience of Dr. Wily. I believe it's hinted at in X5.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #18 on: 8 September 2008, 04:23:17 »

ALIA HAS MORE THAN ONE BODY?!!!!

I think Wily is just plain dead, but Zero would naturally have memories of him in broken data fragments.

What always intrigued me was the weird supernatural element to the games. Like how Nightmare Phenomena can float/shoot through walls (I always took that literally for some reason, considering the really weird things that happen in X6) AND come back to life after being completely destroyed, and how they were supposedly made with data from Zero. What the hell is he MADE of, that pieces of him can be studied and used to create such messed up things? So weird.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #19 on: 8 September 2008, 23:11:05 »

Well, it's X6, I'm pretty sure Inafune had nothing to do with that BS.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #20 on: 9 September 2008, 01:34:51 »

Okay well X6 is a major example, but stuff like that has happened in other games. For example the very fact that what is supposedly a computer virus that only affects Reploids can be an airborn entity, and not even via radio signals, it just flies around as it pleases. Sigma's X2 form could create mechaniloids at will and shoot laser beams... stuff like that doesn't make sense.

Like, obviously I don't care enough to go into majorly researching it because it probably HAS no actual explanation, but you can't deny that it doesn't make sense. And even I am willing to believe that a robot could potentially be given free will in the first place, but... you know. The rest of it looks like a long shot.

Probably better that I think of it even less.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #21 on: 9 September 2008, 01:55:24 »

Of course. Stuff in the X series isn't really explainable, but hey it's cool! Who DOESN'T want to be able to spawn robots and shoot laser beamz?!
Xzeemo
Sniper Joe

« Reply #22 on: 9 September 2008, 15:44:30 »

Me. For liability reasons.

In the end we are naught but shadows and dust...
Winged Warrior
Super Robot

« Reply #23 on: 9 September 2008, 22:39:24 »

KI:  I would love to do more games in the Mega Man Legends and X series, but the business of these games must be considered.  Passion and creativity are great, but the reality is that they must be balanced with profitability.

In the case of Mega Man 9, the chance to create it as a down loadable title made this great idea a financial possibility and we did it.  We must always search for ways to minimize our risks while also creating great games.

Yes, we have learned that #####ty games sell better in the western world. I did not want to create #####ty games, however we really must look at the profitability of these games. We had our doubts with the zero series, so we made it kinda-#####ty, but still playable. It wasn't until that masterpiece, Battlenetwork 4, That we realized that we need not create good games, but games people believe are great. It creates less work for our design team while maintaining the cash flow we've come know and love.

When #####ty games go out of style, Sure, we'll make more X and Legends games.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #24 on: 10 September 2008, 23:22:50 »

Eh, I'd say his original answer was just fine.

Pages: 1 Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Matrix  |  MMM General Forum  |  : HAY GUYZ!!! INAFUNE ANSWERS EVERYONE'S QUESTIONS (But your own!)
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string