MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
29 April 2024, 08:07:20
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : Fable II
Pages: « 1 2 Print
Author Topic: Fable II  (Read 20468 times)
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #50 on: 12 December 2008, 01:20:27 »

Mmmnot so much, that's not really the issue. See, like just now, I spent a bunch of time blacksmithing, to get the job up to max. I had it down to like 300 gold needed, and it froze. Which means now, I have to go back to 16000+ gold needed again, and work at it for another long time. Stuff like THAT is the problem.

Posted on: 10 December 2008, 19:04:52

Got the money. Got the job maxed. Got the gun I wanted which was the whole reason I was getting the money. Then I had to return the game.

Right now, I just want to shoot that damn gun once!

Anyway, how do you guys play it? I make choices based on me, which the game seems to think is pretty good so I think my character is right now at "the purist" or something, which is like half-way between neutral and fully good.

Also, I've decided to only use katanas as my melee weapon for now. They're not as strong as like hammers and stuff, but they're speed is great. I cut through ##### like nobody's business.

Gun-wise, I keep buying rifles even though I really just want a good pistol. Like with the melee weapons, I don't mind a dip in power for a jump in speed but the new pistols I can get are usually do SO much less damage than whatever current gun I have that I can't really deal with it.

Clothing wise nothing on my guy matches yet, because I don't really have what I want to have forever and I don't buy dyes since I seem to find enough of them for free (but like, white and black are awful; They're so harsh) and I haven't totally decided on a colour scheme anyway. The main look I'm on is sporting the ranger cloak thing. I wanted a hood since day one, but for the infinitely cool monk's one you need to wear all the robes (no thanks). It's great because I don't have to worry about looking at the character's ugly face or ugly hair (all the haircuts look horrible) and I don't have to see his head tattoo even though it's the Lionhead one (extremely cool, and I put it on his body too but you can't see it). I hate that the part that's supposed to look like metal armor which actually morph like cloth when you're doing something like blacksmithing. I want some big metal arm things and boot things like Nightmare from Soul Calibur or something, though they'd probably frighten people.

Got the name Lionheart once it was free, but it's exactly the sort of name I wanted compared to the rest, plus Sparrow makes me sound like I'm still a little apprentice or something. They need one like "Eagleface". My friend goes by that for his handles, he'd use it, and it would be a lot cooler than "Blade" or whatever.
« Last Edit: 12 December 2008, 01:31:05 by Mikero » Logged

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #51 on: 13 December 2008, 22:23:42 »

I usually play the game based on my choices the first time through, then I like to develop personalities in advance for the characters, although, I have a hard time fighting my own choices sometimes.

It's just not in me to be evil!

I also like to put restrictions on my leveling too.

OHOHOH ANYWAY the first guy I made was really fat but for some reason, fat people on Fable have abs growing on the outside of their tummies, which...makes no sense at all.

And then I was a tall, elegant lady, who's main weapon was copious amounts of gold. I never upgraded her health once, instead, she had oodles of potions and stuff. That was a fun playthrough.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #52 on: 13 December 2008, 23:08:40 »

I think next I'll play as what my friend pretends to be, she's not at all as evil as she'd like I guess.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #53 on: 13 December 2008, 23:10:28 »

Every time I play a game where you have to make choices on a good/evil scale, I start off taking the game really seriously and trying to be super-heroic.

After a while, I give in to the fun in being evil instead because it tends to make me laugh more.

Like, nothing was better than knocking around the Chao in Sonic Adventure 2. Sorry, Xero.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #54 on: 15 December 2008, 01:54:47 »

FFFFFFFFFFFFF
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #55 on: 15 December 2008, 01:55:26 »

Heh.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #56 on: 15 December 2008, 02:01:33 »

I never do it if I can, but everytime I play the Chao Garden in Sonic Adventure DX, it corrupts my memory card and I have to ERASE EVERYTHING. After I learned from my mistakes of saving the dumb file, I decided not to save any Chao Garden data.

Instead, I realized that everytime I'd play as Amy and I went to go pick up a Chao, I'd accidentally smash it with the hammer.

So that's what I did.

Whack-a-Chao.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #57 on: 15 December 2008, 02:03:17 »

That's not evil.

That's just sad.

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #58 on: 15 December 2008, 02:30:36 »

Fable II won G4's GOTY.

No more pencils, No more books
I built a city out' one brick, it had a Mayor and a Crook
I made the Crook stab the Mayor, then slay himself in the guilt
I stole the brick back and migrated east, now let's build.
Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #59 on: 15 December 2008, 04:30:27 »

IT WAS GOOD BUT NOT THAT GOOD?

I forgot to watch it even though I like JB. :[
Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #60 on: 15 December 2008, 05:02:04 »

Uh... Did we all forget that G4's retarded?
Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #61 on: 15 December 2008, 13:36:18 »

BUT SESSLER KNOWS EVERYTHING!

AND MORGAN WEB IS A DUMB BITCH!

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #62 on: 15 December 2008, 16:07:36 »

That's not evil.

That's just sad.

is not stfu

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #63 on: 15 December 2008, 22:46:48 »

Fable II won G4's GOTY.

That's really awful. Like I knew they were bad, but... wow. The game is not that good, it's just very good for me.

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #64 on: 16 December 2008, 01:11:40 »

Which, if you watch "Sessler's Soapbox", is exactly why they gave it that award.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #65 on: 16 December 2008, 02:28:21 »

I watched the interview on my Mega Man Anniversary Collection and saw G4 on the last bit. I don't get it, and I thought, "It'd be cool to have that channel."

Then I heard this crap about it.

And I was in a hotel during a trip a few years back. They had G4 on the list of TV channels.

I was surprised it was hardly a video game channel...

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #66 on: 16 December 2008, 04:25:25 »

I've had G4 since the beginning, I guess. It never really offerred me any sort of entertainment, so I never watched it. I guess they air Lost now or something?

Likewise, the only time I ever watched SciFi Channel was for Doctor Who. I was flipping through channels and stopped because it was British. Yeah. I know. And then I realized it was Doctor Who, which I'd been meaning to watch for ages. And then I realized it was only the second episode of the 2005 series. So I started watching weekly.

After that season, I stopped watching SciFi and thus never knew when the second series started and didn't realize I had missed it until it was done. And the DVD sets were $100 each so I really just never caught up until a month or two ago, haha.

That had nothing to do with anything, looking at it now.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #67 on: 30 December 2008, 00:49:47 »

Now that I own Fable II, the game froze once when I played with the brand new disc before I put the game on my harddrive and it hasn't frozen since.

I got to the end of the main story with my first run through. And... I don't know what I want to pick. It's between the sacrifice and love. And normally I'd sacrifice but it has almost zero lasting effects since I'm already maximum Good and almost max Pure. And I want my #####ing dog. He turned golden!

I hate that I have glowing eyes and ##### because I was selfless and gave up my youth instead of having a girl lose hers. But I have a halo so I guess it's all good.

Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #68 on: 1 February 2009, 23:14:48 »

Hey guys!
I bought Fable 2, and I enjoy it.
Does anyone else actually not hate it?
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #69 on: 2 February 2009, 17:40:40 »

Since Sano has clearly ignored the rest of the thread, yeah I liked it a bunch.

Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #70 on: 7 February 2009, 21:01:12 »

Sorry, I partially tl;dr'd it so from what I gathered it seemed as if you didn't like it.
Would you ever be interested in playing with me?
I'm totally unclear on how at the moment, but I might just go read the manual right now and look through the options a bit later and find out.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #71 on: 8 February 2009, 01:04:49 »

I don't think Mike has Xbox Live Gold anymore, and if he did I don't think he'd want to play with anyone online...
MOX
Robot Master

« Reply #72 on: 8 February 2009, 01:12:00 »

I would play this game with you guys and never talk.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #73 on: 8 February 2009, 01:43:44 »

Yeah, but Mike's also said:

I'm a complete doo-doo face and I smell and also I am bad at being cool.

So, I mean, who wants to play with him anyway, right? Right?

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #74 on: 8 February 2009, 21:45:34 »

I've never met a COMPLETE doo-doo face to be honest.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #75 on: 8 February 2009, 22:10:02 »

Here, meet Michael Collymore.

Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #76 on: 8 February 2009, 23:35:13 »

You can learn more about him on his website at http://michaelcollymore.com/
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #77 on: 8 February 2009, 23:47:09 »

QUICK MIKE WHAT'S YOUR MIDDLE NAME

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #78 on: 9 February 2009, 00:24:23 »

Albatross.

LOL BANDWAGON
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #79 on: 9 February 2009, 00:30:27 »

MIKE IF YOUR MIDDLE NAME IS ALBATROSS THIS IS HILARIOUS

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #80 on: 9 February 2009, 00:31:11 »

No, the A stands for #####ing.

Method Man
Noob

« Reply #81 on: 11 February 2009, 01:42:14 »

It was alright, but I have been lazy and been buying a lot of twenty dollar specials.
So I have yet to find the time to complete the main story. Plus my Fable II Character looks like.. well something I never wish to aspire to, but shot gunning guards gives me a good feeling deep down inside...

Plus GoW2 is pretty distracting these days for some reason.
In conclusion, I will probably buy a Fable III if that comes to be, II was enjoyable.

-Method
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #82 on: 11 February 2009, 18:05:31 »

So I'm gone for a few days and you all go lame.

I'll just back peddle to where the thread wasn't hilarious and say that I'd play Fable II with anyone here, Sano, but I don't have Gold anymore plus I've got too much to do to play anything that isn't a demo.

Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #83 on: 11 April 2009, 05:41:42 »

Anyboo, there's going to be more DLC.
Somethin' about some new quests, some new areas, somethin' about some arena to battle other dudes online or somethin', and somethin' about makin' the dog transform or somethin'.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #84 on: 12 April 2009, 01:12:11 »

Well there's Knothole Island, which is old. I thought I downloaded it actually, and then made the last story decision based on that, and then it turns out I only downloaded the OPTION to buy the Knothole Island expansion. That pissed me off because I took the good choice and need Knothole Island to replace what that made me lose. So I'm thinking about buying that when I'm done classes.

Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #85 on: 12 April 2009, 05:42:07 »

Well there's Knothole Island, which is old.

Yeah, but there's some newer new stuff on the way.
Pages: « 1 2 Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : Fable II
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string