MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
29 April 2024, 08:41:36
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : I NEED HELP NOW!!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 » Print
Author Topic: I NEED HELP NOW!!!  (Read 22748 times)
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #50 on: 23 July 2008, 20:37:12 »

I'm 18 and personally going off to college when the school year starts, but more than a few of my friends are going to the community college around here and will still be living out of their house.

I both feel bad for them and envy them, because I both want to leave and want to stay.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #51 on: 23 July 2008, 20:41:51 »

The only benefit I get from my parents right now are financial ones: No bills to pay and no food to buy.

I just have insurance, school, and gas.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #52 on: 23 July 2008, 21:15:32 »

I bet you still have a bedtime!

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #53 on: 23 July 2008, 22:39:54 »

I live at home because my campus is only an hour bus ride away and I don't have a career yet so I can't afford my own place (and I do mean my own, as I don't want a roommate at all but will have to have at least one).

Tell that to everyone in a G-Unit t-shirt. They are pretty much all over 14-15, and clearly stupid enough to like 50 Cent.

There are people who still like 50 Cent? Jesus, Mike, get Canada under control. I think the epidemic is more or less over across the border.

You must be dreaming.

(c)rap

That is seriously the most annoying rap commentary I keep seeing. As if one could categorize a whole genre as being crap that easily. I realize you weren't really saying all rap is bad (you'd be wrong), but still... Uhf!

XJ
Sniper Joe

« Reply #54 on: 23 July 2008, 22:43:15 »

I'll just stick with my classic rock kthx.

Ramen Noodles!
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #55 on: 23 July 2008, 22:45:27 »

I like classic rock too, actually I love classic rock. We listen to the classic rock radio station at the CIC all day. But anyone who likes only one type of music and thinks no other genre is any good or has any good songs is either a total #####ing tool-moron, or a teenager. Probably both.

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #56 on: 23 July 2008, 22:48:37 »

I'll stick with actual music, kthx.

Joking aside, there is decent rap, but it generally must be old; pretty much everything out this century is all about defamation, defecation, and derivation. Nearly all of the content, or at least all of the immediately apparent content is filled with vulgarities, racial slurs and all varieties of naughty words linked incoherently in a horrid mockery of beat poetry.

But there is some nice stuff, and that's fine by me.
I use (c)rap to refer to Christian rap, though, because it definitely is.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #57 on: 23 July 2008, 22:55:06 »

I'll listen to generally anything if I like it. I don't care what genre it is, it just depends if I like it or not.

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #58 on: 23 July 2008, 23:06:58 »

You need another high five.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #59 on: 23 July 2008, 23:14:58 »

I wasn't always that way, though. I used to listen to strictly classic rock. I didn't really like current popular music much.

And then suddenly I realized I liked way too much to decide WHAT I like by just saying "I like [genre] and [genre]."

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #60 on: 23 July 2008, 23:23:50 »

Joking aside, there is decent rap, but it generally must be old; pretty much everything out this century is all about defamation, defecation, and derivation. Nearly all of the content, or at least all of the immediately apparent content is filled with vulgarities, racial slurs and all varieties of naughty words linked incoherently in a horrid mockery of beat poetry.

There is a LOT of that, yes. But there's also a lot of awesome stuff if you know where to look. Atmosphere and Shad K are wicked examples of awesome no-nonsense stuff. I mean, you're right to say MOST of it all that garbage, but it's not like there's only finite amount of great stuff from today.

And still, some of the stuff with questionable content can be good, but generally only if viewed from a certain perspective (i.e. the artist rhymes well, or has a good beat, etc.)

I'll listen to generally anything if I like it. I don't care what genre it is, it just depends if I like it or not.

Exactly.

Lunchebox
Super Robot

« Reply #61 on: 24 July 2008, 18:05:56 »

I'm 18 and I'm still living with parents.

Xero (last I checked) is 21 and he's still living with parents.

Xero is a LOSER.

I'm nineteen and live in a different state than my parents.
AlexThePenguin
Super Robot

« Reply #62 on: 24 July 2008, 18:13:16 »

I moved out a few months after 20.

My reason wasn't relevant to my mom at all.

Well, technically, it was because she couldn't afford to support me AND Ray, but that's hardly her fault.

That's nice, dear.
Lunchebox
Super Robot

« Reply #63 on: 25 July 2008, 01:05:23 »

Hey! I Just found out how to listen to my music!! All I have to do is go to youtube on yahoo and look up anything I want! Hahahahahahaha.!

Wow, you're a mother loving genius.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #64 on: 25 July 2008, 01:35:36 »

Such a king of tricks.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #65 on: 25 July 2008, 01:37:29 »

You've evolved from "misnomer" to "pathetic."

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #66 on: 25 July 2008, 01:59:35 »

It's actually just wrong, because the name of whatever you watch on youtube should show up in the history anyway, as it is part of the page title.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #67 on: 25 July 2008, 02:01:07 »

Well, "misnomer" is still on his permanent record.

Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #68 on: 25 July 2008, 14:29:19 »

I'm 18 and I'm still living with parents.

Xero (last I checked) is 21 and he's still living with parents.

Xero is a LOSER.

I'm nineteen and live in a different state than my parents.

Whoah, whoah, whoah, whoah, WHOAH.
Xero's only 21?
How did that happen? I'm not older than Xero. No, he's 23.

... that means he's just as pathetic as I am.
Lunchebox
Super Robot

« Reply #69 on: 25 July 2008, 17:11:42 »

You're cooler though, so it evens out that you're like as cool as me.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #70 on: 25 July 2008, 17:15:36 »

I said last I checked. Obviously two years ago.

23 huh? Wow.

I'd shoot myself. (Sorry Xero. D:)

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

AlexThePenguin
Super Robot

« Reply #71 on: 25 July 2008, 17:26:11 »

Chaos, what's wrong with being 23?

That's nice, dear.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #72 on: 25 July 2008, 17:30:05 »

Nothing.

It's where you are when you're 23 is all. I do NOT want to be living with my parents when I hit 23.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

AlexThePenguin
Super Robot

« Reply #73 on: 25 July 2008, 17:33:43 »

Oh, I see.

That's nice, dear.
Yubi Shines
Robot Master

« Reply #74 on: 25 July 2008, 18:54:19 »

Eh. I don't think there's any inherent shame in living with your parents, so long as you're not just sitting around picking your butt.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #75 on: 25 July 2008, 18:57:34 »

Well, there are certain circumstances where I don't feel shame applies.

If you own the house and YOU are taking care of your parent(s), then it's a totally different. I do believe around that age, you should be out of the house.

Unless, you're in need of money and shelter.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #76 on: 25 July 2008, 23:48:20 »

What if the person who still lives with their parents at that age does so because it's the wisest decision financially?

My brother is a full time college student, 21, and still lives in my parents basement. He works full time at Menards (##### that place, btw) and saves his paychecks to help pay off his student loans as he goes, rather than wait till he graduates and has a career.

We should all be so lucky.

No more pencils, No more books
I built a city out' one brick, it had a Mayor and a Crook
I made the Crook stab the Mayor, then slay himself in the guilt
I stole the brick back and migrated east, now let's build.
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #77 on: 26 July 2008, 00:09:30 »

I basically just graduated from university, and apparently times are tough for the computer scientist with little work experience in this area (tri-state, even) and particular time.

So currently I don't have any means of supporting myself, but I want out like mad.
So I know how your brother feels, Edge.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #78 on: 26 July 2008, 00:11:54 »

Edge is right, it's not as if Xero is choosing to stay there just for the heck of it, it's probably just the smartest thing for him to do at the moment.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #79 on: 26 July 2008, 01:53:46 »

Nothing.

It's where you are when you're 23 is all. I do NOT want to be living with my parents when I hit 23.

That is completely a matter of situation/predicament, and has nothing to do with age. It doesn't mean Xero is a loser or is even poor or unsuccessful. There's an infinite number of reasons he could still be at home.

Maybe his college/uni is close enough, and he can save money this way.
Maybe he wants to save up so he can live alone in a NICE place instead of with two random roommates in #####in' dingetown like most early 20-somethings still-in-school/careerless(for now) people.

Statements like that are why I can't stand teenagers. Everything about them is so... limited... I mean not you specifically, Chaos, but cut the ##### man. It really shows your age, and I think it makes you look rather ignorant about how much it actually takes to live on your own.

I'm about to be 22 in early August. I live at home. I work two jobs that are full days (and sometimes pick up extra days). I've been going to college full time for 3 years and am hopefully going into a fourth, which won't even be my final year, and the workload of my program has been compared to LAW SCHOOL by people IN law school. My family has never been a family of "means", so to speak, and I'm pretty much the first, second, or MAYBE third person to go to college in both sides of my family or to keep an actual career focus for this long at this age. I paid my first and third year in college myself, and got a loan for the second year that I still have to pay off. I haven't gone on a real vacation since I was 12 and I've been working since I was 14.

I think it's alright that I live at home, thanks.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #80 on: 26 July 2008, 02:23:05 »

A ton of my friends are still living at home for at least the first year of college and god help me if I'd hang out with LOSERS. Pssh!

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #81 on: 26 July 2008, 02:37:52 »

Most people my age that don't live at home is because they CAN'T. It's rare to be stable enough in your early 20's to really afford what you want as your own life, nothing wrong with saving where you can.

WE DON'T ALL JUST GET CARS FOR FREE LIKE YOU SMARTALEC!

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #82 on: 26 July 2008, 04:27:59 »

I HAVE SUPPORTING PARENTS AND I RECOGNIZE THAT

Which made the whole "angsty hate-my-parents teen" phase a bit harder, because they paid for everything I owned.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #83 on: 26 July 2008, 05:03:40 »

Like I said about the money bit. I'm aware of finances. At the same time, it depends on the parents too.

My parents aren't always supportive. They want me out. I want out. I'm sorry if this ticked anyone off, it's just my personal feelings is all.

I don't think I've been 100% serious/logical in my posts anyway.

EDIT: Read Mike's post fully. I wasn't calling you a loser at all man. I was even joking a bit about Xero. Chill.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #84 on: 26 July 2008, 06:02:05 »

Chill? I know you weren't calling me a loser, man. I specifically said I didn't mean you were like that. I really wasn't offended, just saying. I swear a lot.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #85 on: 26 July 2008, 15:20:32 »

Cool. Sorry, I just didn't mention some of the details listed the above. I know about financial reasons and the other junk, but I know that the majority don't want to live (or don't believe they should live) with their parents around 21.

My parents (I'd say) are about half-way supportive. They still want me out. I want out. I wouldn't be surprised if we both had parties the day I left. It all depends on way people view it too. Some people would say "Ew, you live with your parents?" but I don't care about that.

Anyway, I don't want you to think I'm a jackass or anything. I do realize that when I say somethings like "You should be gone when you're 23", I'm possibly talking about myself and not mentioning that. Sorry if I was somehow targeting "you" as in you're part of the audience.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

MOX
Robot Master

« Reply #86 on: 27 July 2008, 07:39:13 »

If it makes you feel any better if someone asks if you live with your parents, just say THEY live with you.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #87 on: 27 July 2008, 07:51:52 »

No that's really lame.

And never thought you were talking to me personally, Chaos.

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #88 on: 27 July 2008, 18:33:22 »

So far.

Voulnet
Sniper Joe

« Reply #89 on: 28 July 2008, 00:12:09 »

I'll tell you this one thing, king of lousy tricks: If you don't want this parental control, then you should give your parents an image of a responsible guy who respects his parents' wishes. Emphasis on respect.
If they find out you were evading their parental control then they'd be disappointed in the kid they wished to see mature into a man, this could lead you into more parental control or even something a little bit more extreme.

Know this, your parents did not do this to harm you, so even if you don't agree with it; just accept it (it's not a life-death matter) and respect their wishes. This is the best way for you to gain their respect as a mature teenager who isn't lost in the middle of real life like all other emo teenagers are.
You're in the house of those who love you most... Respecting their wishes or orders is not a shame.

Teenagers are actually allowed to think wisely, after all. So keep that in mind.
If all fails, the just kill them.

Make mistakes. It's fun.
Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #90 on: 28 July 2008, 00:18:07 »

Teenagers are actually allowed to think wisely, after all.

I see three words that don't belong in the same sentence; particularly in that order.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #91 on: 28 July 2008, 00:19:52 »

They're ALLOWED to, they just don't, or have the capacity for it.

Winged Warrior
Super Robot

« Reply #92 on: 28 July 2008, 00:42:47 »

I wouldn't know.

I went from being a kid to being an old woman with a cane that I wave at the teenagers on my lawn.
AlexThePenguin
Super Robot

« Reply #93 on: 28 July 2008, 01:05:20 »

^ Uh, that was me. It was on Wing's account for some reason.

That's nice, dear.
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #94 on: 28 July 2008, 01:07:32 »

Thats what I thought.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #95 on: 28 July 2008, 01:08:39 »

I don't see a difference.

LOL BANDWAGON
AlexThePenguin
Super Robot

« Reply #96 on: 28 July 2008, 01:10:25 »

I agr--

I mean, you must be mistaken, Wind. >_>

That's nice, dear.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #97 on: 28 July 2008, 01:56:30 »

Every few years, I look back and think how stupid I used to be and how much wiser I am now. I promise you that in a few years I'll look back at myself right now and think how stupid I was, in much the same fashion.

Winged Warrior
Super Robot

« Reply #98 on: 28 July 2008, 05:51:24 »

... #####ING* TEENAGERS

*note, any and all "Wing" posts must involve one peice of vulgar language, or misspelling**.

**May contain both.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #99 on: 28 July 2008, 06:00:46 »

(Parental discretion is advised.)

Pages: « 1 2 3 » Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Any Other Business?  |  : I NEED HELP NOW!!!
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string