MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
28 April 2024, 14:42:47
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Matrix  |  The Creation Station  |  : AyEsArt
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » Print
Author Topic: AyEsArt  (Read 180788 times)
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #200 on: 16 September 2008, 00:33:57 »

: ASR
He’s the same as that guy you hang out with who falls down some stairs and then gets up, laughing, and says “Haha, I just fell down some stairs!” and then tells the same story to someone else later in the day.

Hey I know that guy!

And.. I just read through all of that. Heh.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #201 on: 16 September 2008, 00:34:55 »

My teacher LOVED it. Might as well repost it on this page to make things easier.

This was my first college essay, an argumentative paper. It is exactly as I turned it in. It contains crude language, which MMM censors anyway. But yeah.
I don't REALLY hate Dane Cook this much, and I don't mind watching him that much. But all my points remain the same.

Enjoy.

------------------------------------------------

Why Dane Cook Isn’t Funny.
By Alec Robbins, just telling it like it is.

##### Dane Cook. How’s that for a thesis statement? I mean, come on. The lame bastard does nothing but shout a lot and laugh at his own jokes on stage. He steals jokes from fellow comics (who all hate him) like Louis C.K. and Demetri Martin. His routines are devoid of any real humor and rarely do you ever see a genuine joke. Now, since I seem to be on my own here when compared to the rest of today’s youth, I’m gonna’ go ahead let you all know that I was once a fan. It’s true – I once thought Dane Cook was the bee’s knees. He’s famous for a reason: he does his job and he makes people laugh. The problem here is that there are so many people doing his job better and making people laugh harder on a daily basis.

It’s really just an issue of taste. You just outgrow this asshole. If you watch enough stand-up (you know, real comics like George Carlin and Dave Chappelle and Richard Pryor) you’ll see your taste in stand-up expand. You’ll suddenly see just how much of a failure Dane Cook is. You’ll just have a moment where you’re sitting there on the couch, watching Vicious Circle on HBO as the loser runs around on his odd stage shouting to the crowd about how fun it is to lie, when you’ll blink once, maybe twice, look up at the ceiling, and say to no one but yourself, “Oh, dear god. What have I been doing with my life?”

It’s going to happen. My job is to just help you get there faster.

So, his act. Really. His act. I’ve seen all of Mr. Cook’s specials. I’ve listened to all of his CD’s. I regret treating both my eyes and my ears so badly. The poor fellow just spends his time running around his stage telling dumb stories, or rather yelling dumb stories, all of which are coated with a thin veil of false insight. As in, they really are just stories where very little happens, and any humor one may find in them (as rare as that may be) comes from the way he tells them. Which is just him saying the same thing over and over again. “Oh, look, dear! Dane said someone ##### on the coats! Now he said someone ##### on or around them! Oh, look at this! Now he’s saying someone ##### on the coats again!”

That really happens. That’s really one of his most famous bits. Just him screaming about how someone ##### on the coats.

Yes. Really.

Dane Cook’s act can be summed up as follows: “man screams the same thing over and over again while he flails around on stage smiling like a madman!”

Ugh. The smiling. The giggles. When he makes a crack that really gets the crowd laughing, he giggles. The ego-driven bastard giggles. And then he’ll repeat the joke again. Because it worked. Somehow, he got the crowd to laugh. So of course the same joke is going to make them laugh again!

The man has no talents. He’s a real hack. He’s the same as that guy you hang out with who falls down some stairs and then gets up, laughing, and says “Haha, I just fell down some stairs!” and then tells the same story to someone else later in the day.

And sure, that’s funny. But really not. You can’t pull that sort of ##### and call yourself a comic.

I hope I’m getting through to you guys. I mean, #####ing Dane Cook. If I wanted to prove why he wasn’t funny, I’d just hand you some DVD’s with Demetri Martin and Katt Williams and Patton Oswalt and Mitch Hedberg and Ron White on them.

Every person has their own taste. New Yorkers love Jerry Seinfeld, black people love Chris Rock, rednecks love Jeff Foxworthy. But no one should ever think Dane Cook is funny… and yet some people do.

So, if I haven’t gotten through to you yet, how about I bring up the next big issue? Dane Cook steals jokes. Demetri Martin told a joke about how he walked into a shoe store and the clerk kept giving him the wrong shoe size. And then Dane Cook told the same joke.

Louis C.K. told three jokes, one about an itchy asshole, one more about someone getting hit by a car, and a third about giving your kids silly names. And then Dane Cook told three jokes, one about an itchy asshole, one more about someone getting hit by a car, and a third about giving your kids silly names.

Joe Rogan has spoken many times about how Dane Cook has performed a bit that Joe once did at a club where Dane was present.

The worst part is, it really wouldn’t matter if Dane Cook was better at telling the jokes, because at least then you might forgive him. But they’re all so much better when told by the people that wrote them themselves. And speaking of writing…

I have never witnessed Dane Cook tell a real joke. He tells long stories that have no real substance; talks of absurd situations that might be called funny; he stretches out certain words or uses odd ones that one maybe wouldn’t use on a normal basis instead of one that would be.

That’s not humor.

The man doesn’t put an ounce of effort into his act. A lot of it is just him laughing with self love because he made some guy in the crowd laugh. More of it is just him running around making dumb faces. Most of it is just plain not funny at all. And sure, “to each his own,” but if I haven’t gotten through to you by now, maybe I never will.

I’m on your side, buddy.

I want you to love stand-up.

I want you to see what else there is out there.

Dane Cook isn’t funny.

You can do so much better.

I figure that at this point, I’m only talking to the most hardcore of Dane Cook fans, because every one else should have left by now and started watching some classic George Carlin.

I’ll recap for you. To make it all very clear. Dane Cook just shouts and laughs at himself. Dane Cook steals jokes from people that are actually funny. And then he makes those jokes NOT funny. Dane Cook doesn’t tell any real jokes or write any solid work.

If you’re still thinking in the back of your head that I’m an asshole and Dane Cook is THE ##### and he’s the greatest thing ever, then I’m just going to give up. If I’ve convinced you, then great. I’ve just unlocked a whole new world of stand-up for you.

Just to make sure I was speaking to all whom I could be, including many of the morons who love Dane Cook for whatever twisted reasons, I haven’t used a single word in this paper that has more than two syllables. Well, #####, I just did now. Odd that “syllable” is the word that kills it. But yeah, go ahead. Look up. Re-read it all. Aside from names of other comics, or things like “DVD” and “HBO,” I’m clean.

I couldn’t even #####ing use the word “comedian,” but it’s not like it should ever be used in the same context as “Dane Cook” anyway.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #202 on: 16 September 2008, 01:11:51 »

AHEM.

His routines are devoid of any real humor and rarely do you ever see a genuine joke.

I read the whole thing.
Not too shabby, but it seems a little redundant.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #203 on: 16 September 2008, 01:33:24 »

I repeat myself a lot, which doesn't really help my case about Dane repeating himself a lot.

But man, that ending. If essays could have firework-finales...

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #204 on: 16 September 2008, 01:43:42 »

Those last two paragraphs were perfect.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #205 on: 16 September 2008, 02:10:53 »

AHEM.

His routines are devoid of any real humor and rarely do you ever see a genuine joke.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #206 on: 16 September 2008, 02:16:30 »

What?

Slugkid
Robot Master

« Reply #207 on: 16 September 2008, 02:25:56 »

JC may pronounce it as a three syllablled(Is that typed out correctly...?) word.
I say it like Ge-nuine...
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #208 on: 16 September 2008, 02:29:02 »

Gen-Wine, John. Gen-wine.

C'mon.

It's Gen-you-wine. He said involving and whatever in there too. Doesn't matter though, the paper's still good.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #209 on: 16 September 2008, 03:14:00 »

I actually do pronounce it with three syllables but as Chaos said, many people count it as a bothy.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #210 on: 16 September 2008, 04:39:39 »

I'm sorry, why aren't we allowed to use three syllable words again? Does it confuse your president or something?

Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #211 on: 16 September 2008, 05:14:52 »

He pointed it out in the second-to-last paragraph as part of his final attack.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #212 on: 16 September 2008, 05:16:27 »

OK well that I'm gonna have to read another time anyway.

But it still confuses your president! (Not yours Fatso, we all know the prez of BC is a sea cow with a boobjob anyway.)

Edgecrusher
Super Robot

« Reply #213 on: 16 September 2008, 05:31:38 »

For the Record: Genuine is a three syllable word.

Genuine -> gen.u.ine -> jen-yə-wən

No more pencils, No more books
I built a city out' one brick, it had a Mayor and a Crook
I made the Crook stab the Mayor, then slay himself in the guilt
I stole the brick back and migrated east, now let's build.
Fatso
Super Robot

« Reply #214 on: 16 September 2008, 05:36:54 »

OK well that I'm gonna have to read another time anyway.

But it still confuses your president! (Not yours Fatso, we all know the prez of BC is a sea cow with a boobjob anyway.)

He prefers the title 'delicate man'.

:D
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #215 on: 16 September 2008, 06:52:51 »

Ugh. The smiling. The giggles. When he makes a crack that really gets the crowd laughing, he giggles. The ego-driven bastard giggles. And then he’ll repeat the joke again. Because it worked. Somehow, he got the crowd to laugh. So of course the same joke is going to make them laugh again!

It's not ego. I don't try to be a comedian or anything, but I like making people laugh. Part of it's probably a self-esteem thing, but it works and people seem to find me funny, so whatever.

But anyway we were in the break room at work, everyone was making fun of this girl who, for some reason, smelled like gasoline. She ended up saying, "You guys are assholes."

And of course I rarely say anything because I'm the shy type so everyone was surprised to hear me say "I'm sorry, did you say GAS-hole?"

HONESTLY didn't think it was very funny at all. I still don't. But I blurted it out all the same, and EVERYONE in the room was laughing. I was so caught off guard by that that I wanted to laugh, as well. I ended up just hiding behind a big smile.

So... yeah. Think of all that, plus the fact that laughter's contagious. He shouldn't be laughing at his own jokes if he's into this as a professional career, but it's not necessarily an ego thing.

Not that I care for Dane Cook. In my experience, though, I like making people laugh. I don't try to be a professional, I don't try to make money out of it, I just like making people laugh. In the end it's not about making me look good; it's (at worst) about making me feel better about myself, and if people are laughing, it's a good thing. But I'm just saying that so that you don't include non-comedians in your little hate list.

And who the hell says 'JEN-you-whine'? For me it's always been 'JEN-you-win'.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #216 on: 16 September 2008, 13:41:29 »

More like "JEN-you-GO-girl!"

And yeah, I'd personally LOVE to be a stand-up comedian, I literally LIVE to make people laugh, and I'm sure I'd get giddy and smile when I do.

But Dane does it... in his own way. I'm sure somebody here knows what I mean.

And regardless, the paper is all an exaggeration. I don't hate Dane Cook this much, if he's on TV I'll usually watch him, and I can't lie and say I won't laugh maybe once or twice.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #217 on: 16 September 2008, 16:36:44 »

I watched one of his stand-ups. I had to change the channel.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #218 on: 17 September 2008, 02:05:52 »

When I make a funny joke and everyone laughs I can't help laughing too. It's not an ego thing, it's just when everyone else is laughing I tend to laugh, or if I realize I said something funny it makes me laugh. A lot of stand-up comedians are like that, it's not them necessarily being like "Huzzah! I'm so hilar!"

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #219 on: 17 September 2008, 02:34:22 »

I KNOW, MIKE. I WAS MAKING AN ARGUMENT. I KNOW.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #220 on: 17 September 2008, 02:39:42 »

JUST CHECKING POOBUM!

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #221 on: 17 September 2008, 02:49:49 »

Jen-You-Wine and Jen-You-In.

I pronounce it as both.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #222 on: 17 September 2008, 02:57:32 »

Depends on the scenario but I sure as ##### never pronounce it with two syllables and rarely a "wine" ending. Maybe I'm taking the piss or something.

"That there's a jin-yew-ine bone-a-fied electric moh-beel there, sir" in some old southerner/cajun gen-teel voice or some nonsense.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #223 on: 11 October 2008, 22:22:19 »

Ta-dah!

I'm going to draw MegaMan using the weapons he gets from everybody, and then the Castle Bosses.

Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #224 on: 12 October 2008, 00:04:28 »

Dr.Abominator has a nice ring to it!

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #225 on: 12 October 2008, 03:34:24 »

Iiiiiiii like it!

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #226 on: 12 October 2008, 03:47:54 »

I would have been better than Sano. D:

But I guess I perceive my character as a serious type guy...
Actually, most of the stories I create in my head that involves anyone here is usually serious.
« Last Edit: 12 October 2008, 04:46:49 by Vinchenz Rock » Logged

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #227 on: 12 October 2008, 04:00:20 »

But I guess I perceive my character as a serious type guy...
Actually, most of the stories I create in my that involves anyone here is usually serious.

LOL BANDWAGON
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #228 on: 12 October 2008, 04:47:04 »

He doesn't look so serious in that picture.

Orange Devil
Super Robot

« Reply #229 on: 12 October 2008, 05:54:44 »

You're thinking too seriously to get the joke.

<3 Your friendly neighboorhood hippie
Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #230 on: 12 October 2008, 12:13:52 »

There's really no point in trying to be serious here.

Except of course for all those great fanfics we get.

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #231 on: 12 October 2008, 15:40:00 »

Sarcasm plz.
Orange Devil
Super Robot

« Reply #232 on: 12 October 2008, 15:47:22 »

The only one that I ever read completely through was about 5 paragraphs. I'll give you the recap-

Bass is riding on Trebel.

Trebel falls on some spikes.

Bass cries. (literally)

<3 Your friendly neighboorhood hippie
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #233 on: 22 October 2008, 05:16:07 »

Back to MegaMan comics.

This time, I'm tackling MegaMan 9.

Without any further ado, I present unto you, page one of this fantastic view:

The Adventures of MegaMan 9 Comic

PAGE ONE

Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #234 on: 22 October 2008, 05:19:48 »

Awesome.

preventerWIND
Super Robot

« Reply #235 on: 22 October 2008, 05:31:59 »

DUH ITS AWESOME I GOT THE FIRST VIEW CUZ I'M SPECIAL HURRDURRHURRDURRDRR

Awesome ASR, you better see this one to the end.

LOL BANDWAGON
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #236 on: 22 October 2008, 05:34:51 »

You know me. Always seeing things to the end.

von Teelio
Sniper Joe

« Reply #237 on: 22 October 2008, 05:35:44 »

Neat.

Lets just hope so.

Macher; the Absolute

R.I.P. MMM... You are missed.
Chron
Super Robot

« Reply #238 on: 22 October 2008, 13:38:40 »

Hahaha, that was fun.
I can only imagine what may happen next.
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #239 on: 22 October 2008, 14:22:09 »

Thumbs.

Moar.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #240 on: 22 October 2008, 23:56:51 »

That was epic.

I DEMAND TO SEE MOAR!
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #241 on: 1 November 2008, 03:50:01 »

I've started drawing page 2, but I'm really busy all the end of this week until Sunday.

So, uh, don't expect anything 'till Monday.

Posted on: 23 October 2008, 00:02:49

I've been meaning to do this for a while. It won't mean anything to any of you, but it's still pretty cool. When we changed the bass drum heads waaaaaaaaaay back in the beginning of the season, I had the idea to take one home and draw everyone on it.

It's been more than a few months now.

But today, for some reason, I got off my ass and did it. It turned out great, if you know what the people look like. I don't expect you guys to care, but I felt like posting it anyway.

The numbers represent what number bass drum they play, for the record.

Bass 3's name isn't really Taneshia, it's Mason. But Taneshia was the person who played Bass 3 before him and she quit, Mason replaced her. So we call him Taneshia to push his buttons and it's hilarious.

So at the last second, I wrote Taneshia instead of his real name. He is not amused.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #242 on: 1 November 2008, 03:54:42 »

You gave yourself a ridiculous jaw.

I need to see pictures of these people so I know how representative they are.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #243 on: 1 November 2008, 04:01:23 »

For myself, I used a picture where I was looking upwards.

And I'm too lazy to scrounge up pics for everybody. Investigate on Facebook if you feel the need.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #244 on: 1 November 2008, 19:21:49 »

Haha I imagine that'd be pretty fun for anyone in there or who knew them. That's cool man.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #245 on: 2 November 2008, 01:38:55 »

Yeah. The snare-line just has a drum head that they all signed hanging up! Big whoop! Man, when they see this on Monday they're all gonna' be soooooo jealoussssssssssss.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #246 on: 2 November 2008, 01:57:25 »

Pfft. SNARES.

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #247 on: 11 December 2008, 01:43:34 »

THOSE guysssssss.

Anyway, it bugs me that everyone's head is a different size. I totally fudged that up badly. I mean, trust me, none of them will care at all, but it bugs ME.

Posted on:  2 November 2008, 02:05:19

Heh.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #248 on: 11 December 2008, 02:28:19 »

Totalitarian!

ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #249 on: 11 December 2008, 02:30:00 »

Like Mikeropia's any better.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Matrix  |  The Creation Station  |  : AyEsArt