MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
29 April 2024, 19:14:55
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : Contra 4
Pages: 1 Print
Author Topic: Contra 4  (Read 4920 times)
Blasphemy Scarab
Noob

« on: 5 January 2008, 00:41:31 »

It seems like a great deal of people have not bought this game yet.

READ MY LIPS

BUY CONTRA 4

YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO

*ahem*

It has a main game, and just TONS of extras. Unlockable Characters, promotional comics, and best of all, Classic Contra games. Of course, you're going to have to play HARD for these goodies- but hey, it's a labor of love if you're into Contra!

The only thing truly lacking is an online co-op mode, but you're nuts if you passover this game for solely that reason.

Join us for general gaming discussions, as well as Friday night StarCraft!
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #1 on: 5 January 2008, 00:54:25 »

It is indeed an amazing game, definitely one of the best of the year. I also reccomend it.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #2 on: 5 January 2008, 16:37:44 »

I'm not FANTASTIC at Contra, and while Contra 4 IS solid Contra goodness, the two screens are just a bit much.   I just can't watch both screens at once to watch for bullets.  And from what I have played they seem to design it so that the screen you're on keeps your attention busy while the one you're not/can't watch guns you down.  The fact you can't access any of the really good stuff w/o beating HARD is ridiclous.

It just means I'll never get to play the ports of the older games.  But seeing as how they didn't bother to add 2 player to them, it kind of defeats the purpose.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
ASR
Super Robot

« Reply #3 on: 5 January 2008, 20:05:42 »

No, you can access it by beating Easy. No way in HELL can I beat Hard. I can manage on Normal, though, and got to the last level. So far I've only really beaten Easy. However, I've unlocked both the original and Super Contra, some characters, etc., and I'm well on my way to most other content.
If you beat Easy, you unlock Challenge Mode, which is how you get the bonus stuff. Hard is not necessary.

Anyway, I like the 2 screens but I do know what you mean by how hard it is to watch for all the bullets. In comparison to other platformers that used both screens, like Sonic Rush and Yoshi's Island DS, it does a much better job.

yuri
Sniper Joe

« Reply #4 on: 27 January 2008, 06:21:38 »

Theyt still make Contra?
Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #5 on: 27 January 2008, 06:23:47 »

Yeah, theyt do, theyt just made a new game for the DS.
Also, it's Konami, not theyt.
yuri
Sniper Joe

« Reply #6 on: 27 January 2008, 06:24:22 »

I must go to the mall in the morning.
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #7 on: 27 January 2008, 06:25:39 »

I LOL'd.

Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #8 on: 27 January 2008, 06:28:20 »

y?
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #9 on: 27 January 2008, 06:28:54 »

dunno lol

yuri
Sniper Joe

« Reply #10 on: 27 January 2008, 06:30:28 »

When do we ever know why we lol'd.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #11 on: 27 January 2008, 07:14:14 »

When it's worth it.

ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #12 on: 27 January 2008, 18:15:47 »

L'OLréal.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Mega Man and Yu-Gi-Oh! fanatic!
https://www.lulladin.weebly.com
yuri
Sniper Joe

« Reply #13 on: 27 January 2008, 18:49:21 »

When it's worth it.

How very right you are.
The Otaku
Robot Master

« Reply #14 on: 9 March 2008, 04:35:01 »

I'm one of the many, or maybe few, that haven't bought it yet. I want to, though. It looks pretty awesome, and if it's anything like the originals, then I'm all up for it.

Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #15 on: 10 March 2008, 05:34:03 »

Stop necroing.
Especially since you never have anything of value to say.
Orange Devil
Super Robot

« Reply #16 on: 11 March 2008, 02:07:57 »

Give him a break, it was like ten days. Is it possible that he doesn't know what "Necroing" is?

Necroposting is when you revive an old topic, by the way.

<3 Your friendly neighboorhood hippie
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #17 on: 11 March 2008, 02:14:46 »

Late January to early March is more than ten days...

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #18 on: 11 March 2008, 02:40:42 »

I'd give him a break if he hadn't necro'd every damn topic in this forum with the stupidest comments I've ever seen!
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #19 on: 11 March 2008, 05:06:52 »

That's a really a stupid thing to get upset about. Especially since it's the moderators' problem, not yours.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Captain Sanoguchi
Super Robot

« Reply #20 on: 11 March 2008, 05:14:09 »

So, I guess I'm the only one who thinks he's really annoying, right?
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #21 on: 11 March 2008, 06:33:39 »

Well, maybe I'd find it annoying if I was 16, but now I don't care, especially when I consider this: If you ignore the fact that it's a necro-post (which isn't really a big deal in my eyes, especially if the person contributes in some way and it isn't overdone), it's about as useless as a lot of posts by average users here, me included. If nothing else, it shows that the person doing it is trying to get involved in our community. You might be suspicious that everyone and their dog is out to raise their post count, but that's just not the case with some people. If you're going to judge someone, you should at least judge them by their individual personality compared to their situation, and even then your conclusion will be inaccurate if you've known the person for all of three or so days unless you've spent 100% of that time getting to know them.

Also, profile says female. Even if she's male, just give her the benefit of the doubt on that front. It's not like she's going to be hitting on you, or vice-versa. It's just a matter of typing she instead of he.
I'm not going to say that it hasn't happened before; I've known someone who turned out to be a male. It's just that it's very troll-like to insist someone is lying even though they repeatedly assert something and neither side has any solid proof. If you're the one making the allegation, you're the one who needs to prove it. If you can't, shutting the hell up or apologizing are your best options, lest you enjoy pissing people off.

Anyway she's fairly intelligent for a 13 year old, so from what I've seen I'm 100% sure she'll learn from her mistakes, i.e. even if she WAS just trying to raise her post count, she'll likely read this and realize it's not a good idea.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Orange Devil
Super Robot

« Reply #22 on: 11 March 2008, 13:09:42 »

Late January to early March is more than ten days...

NO U!

<3 Your friendly neighboorhood hippie
ChaosVortex
Super Robot

« Reply #23 on: 11 March 2008, 14:07:08 »

I agree with Maj. Sure, necroposting is bad, but you should probably get back in the backseat Sano before someone stuffs you in the trunk.

[ N ][ M ][ C ]
[ S ][ - ][ E ]
[ J ][ V ][ W ]

Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #24 on: 11 March 2008, 17:08:06 »

Right, as I've said many many times, no threads have been locked due to their age since MMM came back, so no-one has any right to pounce on people who post perfectly relevant messages in open threads.

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
Pages: 1 Print 
The MBoard  |  Non-MegaMan  |  Non-MegaMan Games  |  : Contra 4
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string