MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
28 April 2024, 07:15:14
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  X Series  |  : Mega Man X8 SNES Demake
Pages: 1 Print
Author Topic: Mega Man X8 SNES Demake  (Read 1560 times)
Xero
Matrix Marine

« on: 20 January 2024, 14:47:06 »

I'm surprised no one is talking about this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWWEKjiFLAM

Looks really good.   I hope they replace the music with X1-X3 style versions of the X8 tracks. 
SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #1 on: 22 January 2024, 00:38:08 »

It looks amazing and I hope they keep Zero as well as Axl and the navigators out of it as one of the biggest X fangame pitfalls tends to be balancing around a larger cast. Demake the music like you said and I think they have a real winner on their hands here.

Shape the world you live in, instead of letting others define it for you. Stop being reactive and become proactive, and leave a legacy worth remembering, since only you personally decide the limits of your greatness.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #2 on: 22 January 2024, 18:40:39 »

Being X8 goes a long way to kill interest in a project.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3 on: 22 January 2024, 23:22:39 »

But it's not X7....
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #4 on: 22 January 2024, 23:30:05 »

Not being X7 doesn't make something not bad.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #5 on: 24 January 2024, 03:44:36 »

The perception of X8 (and of demakes in general) might affect how people look at this, but imagine if X8 HAD looked like this... imagine if they all did. I'm not sure I'd complain.

But if this is a 1:1 remake of the level design (I say IF because I couldn't say I played X8 enough to know them in the way that I know X or X2) then perhaps its value is the light that it sheds on that level design when you take away the things that were masking it.

I don't know if I'm just particular or if I tend to be more appreciative of little details in music more than other people are, but for the projects like this that I've come across, demaking the music tends to be the worst aspect for me. People tend to just take the tracks and remake them with older soundfonts, emulating the notes but none of the emotion or passion that went into the original work. To me it would be like tracing someone else's drawing onto a cardboard box using a paintbrush dipped in piss. You couldn't say that it didn't involve some amount of effort, but would you say it was worth it?

« Last Edit: 24 January 2024, 03:50:20 by Majikn » Logged

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #6 on: 25 January 2024, 00:28:50 »

Some levels are 1:1, but others are retooled differently such as Earthrock Trilobyte and Gigabolt Manowar. 

I've been playing the demo and I've defeated 4 bosses so far.  Got the full Icarus Armor set and 4 Heart tanks + 1 Sub tank.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #7 on: 19 February 2024, 02:36:46 »

I played it a bit but it was not really fun. There's really bad level design in the new stuff and it definitely didn't help that I don't like X8 very much.

It also doesn't look 16 bit at all. X looks completely out of place in the game's graphics.

I recorded me dying horribly in a boss fight, I feel like the desperation moves should not be 2 shotting me especially when there's no partner switch in this version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbtXW-1wYz8
« Last Edit: 19 February 2024, 02:45:51 by NovaMan XP » Logged
Pages: 1 Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  X Series  |  : Mega Man X8 SNES Demake
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string