MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
29 April 2024, 19:32:57
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Matrix  |  MMM General Forum  |  : Ongoing Issues
Pages: 1 Print
Author Topic: Ongoing Issues  (Read 1461 times)
Mikero
Super Robot

« on: 17 August 2023, 18:57:19 »

I couldn't really find a good thread for this. I know these things aren't the priority, especially since MMM is more a place for us old heads to hang out and pretend there's anything Mega Man left to talk about, but just in terms of making the board run decently again it makes sense we have to place to mention when things go awry.

One thing I'd like personally is to be able to edit my profile again. For instance I don't really want my old personal e-mail attached to it anymore but I can't get rid of that.

I'm sure there's a few other things people have noticed that are still bugging out. I'm not expecting every QoL feature to return like the quick reply or anything, just wanted to mention the profile thing since it's a little more important for some users.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1 on: 17 August 2023, 20:34:06 »

Oh of course!

Can't edit my profile either.

Quick reply appears on my phone but the script that pushes the quotes to quick reply don't work. On my older PC, quick reply doesn't show up at all, just the error message "Cannot access offset of type string on string"

And the spoiler tags don't work.

The important one for me though is that I outright just can't log in to my account on any other device that I haven't already logged in from. It just refreshes the login screen when I try without giving me a reason why.

I have a feeling none of these are easy fixes at this point. Still glad the forum is still here and works!

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #2 on: 18 August 2023, 01:29:09 »

I feel like when it came back we could edit. Huh. How long has that been an issue?

Also, I was able to log in a new device recently, got a new laptop for work and logged in without issue. Maybe Chrome's cookies synced and treated the browser the same?

I haven't tried to edit my profile since Snare made my glorious new picture and gave me my signature quote.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #3 on: 18 August 2023, 02:35:13 »

I haven't tried logging in on a new device, or at least I haven't encountered that issue? I also think you're right John, we were able to edit and at some point I guess things degraded a bit.

Like I said, I know this can't be Abe's priority or anything so it's not a judgement. Just wanted to make sure this stuff was known.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #4 on: 18 August 2023, 15:49:09 »

Most things are broken, I think that's part of the version of the board that Abe got back up.  Things just don't work on modern platforms.  It really needs to be completely redone in modern software I believe, which is a project of magnitude Abe isn't able to do.  This is kind of a shoestring stopgap to keep things up.  Hopefully this doesn't become completely unrunnable as I'd hate for Matrix to go away all together.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #5 on: 9 September 2023, 06:25:24 »

Yeah... I wanted to update my avatar ages ago but I can't. It seems like after the last time MMM came back a lot of little things stopped functioning.
Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #6 on: 10 September 2023, 22:56:36 »

Yeah well, my avatar is still perfect so this is a you problem Nova. Sorry. Ticket closed.
Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #7 on: 10 September 2023, 23:01:02 »

this is a very interesting error message
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #8 on: 11 September 2023, 00:06:29 »

I'm clicking but nothing is happening

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #9 on: 11 September 2023, 00:16:03 »

Yeah it's because each time you click, one of them spawns in my apartment and I don't have enough hors d'oeuvres for everyone. Stressful situation all around.
Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #10 on: 12 September 2023, 00:25:16 »

Yeah, I mean who has enough hors d'oeuvres for 10,000 pictures of anime women? Even if 2D waifus only take 1/1000 the food of regular waifus....

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #11 on: 12 September 2023, 01:54:31 »

Where do you think those pictures come from John? Thin air? The internet? Some sort of "EH AYE" nonsensory? No. These are real people and they will not stop having a pillow fight.
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #12 on: 17 September 2023, 00:18:31 »

Oh god, that just sounds horrid. You should set up a webcam so we can view such depravity.

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #13 on: 18 September 2023, 15:04:42 »

The site isn't rated for that.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #14 on: 19 September 2023, 00:52:47 »

You act like you're the law 'round here.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #15 on: 19 September 2023, 14:21:04 »

*checks title*
I am the law here, yes.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #16 on: 19 September 2023, 22:16:09 »

🫡🫡

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #17 on: 20 September 2023, 14:17:14 »

Where's my canned ham?

SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #18 on: 22 September 2023, 19:08:03 »

What's that? You want Steamed Ham?

Shape the world you live in, instead of letting others define it for you. Stop being reactive and become proactive, and leave a legacy worth remembering, since only you personally decide the limits of your greatness.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #19 on: 22 September 2023, 22:06:58 »

That is one of the better Steamed Hams bits.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #20 on: 5 November 2023, 09:28:03 »

: SPOILER (highlight to read)
Here's my attempt at a fix for the spoiler button. Not really the best thing ever but it's just javascript that converts your text into BBCode that will remain unreadable on any post unless it's highlighted. Thought it would work as a temporary solution that would still function with the existing layout of the forum.

: END OF SPOILER

Here's the code that can be saved into a .html file and opened, it creates a userform that converts your text into the above BBCode monstrosity.

edit: Just in case this probably wasn't clear, this code can be copied into notepad, saved as .html, opened, and then used to generate the bbcode on each of your PCs.

:
<script language="JavaScript">
<!--
function spoilerText(str)
{
    document.write( '[quote author=SPOILER (highlight to read)][/quote]');
for (var i = 0; i < str.length+1; i+=2)
  {
     document.write( '[color=#0000FF]' + str.substr(i,1) + '[/color]');
     document.write( '[color=#0080FF]' + str.substr(i+1,1) + '[/color]');
  }
    document.write( '<br><br>[quote author=END OF SPOILER][/quote]' );
}

// -->
</script>
<form method="get">
<textarea rows="20" cols="50" id="usrform" style="font-family:Century Gothic;">
Inserttexthere
</textarea>
<br>
<input type="button" value="Submit" onClick="pr()">
</form>
<span id="result" style="font-family:Century Gothic;"></span>

<script language="JavaScript">
function pr() {
           document.getElementById("result").innerHTML = document.getElementById('usrform').value;
           spoilerText(document.getElementById("result").innerHTML,0);
           }
</script>
« Last Edit: 5 November 2023, 15:09:57 by Majikn » Logged

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #21 on: 7 November 2023, 17:12:14 »

I'm not sure posting code is a good thing.  Seems like something that could go malicious.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #22 on: 8 November 2023, 00:11:09 »

Well, I mean, that's just what the [ code ] bbcode is for.

I'm not particularly worried someone can get a hold of my account and change the post to contain something malicious, as even I can't seem to get into my own account except on my phone and this PC. It just loops through each character within the text box and surrounds each character with BBCode to change the colour and effectively hide half of the text. I'm not even sure what could be hidden into a code this simple that most modern computers wouldn't just detect automatically, but perhaps I'm just naive.

If it makes you more comfortable, I can add comment lines explaining each part of the process to make it more clear what each part is doing, but of course it's your call if you want to remove it. I just thought it was a cool idea.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #23 on: 8 November 2023, 16:11:27 »

I mean, do we even NEED spoiler tags these days?

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #24 on: 8 November 2023, 18:50:11 »

Maybe not. I just like it and miss it enough and I like to take a crack at solving silly problems sometimes. It's a hobby.

I thought of just matching the text to whatever background the post has, but that causes issues when a post is deleted.

Then I thought of using the quote post feature and changing the text to purple, but I realized the purple quote text box doesn't show anymore. (I'm not crazy, right? The quote box used to be purple, right?

The alternative is typing out all the bbcode manually for alternating colours but that's a pain and takes forever.

This is the only other option I could think of that doesn't require the reader to paste it into some dumb al bhed or binary translator website. The conversion is something you do offsite and online but at least it doesn't have to be pasted offsite to read.

Maybe there's a better solution I haven't thought of.

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #25 on: 16 November 2023, 22:13:54 »

I mean, do we even NEED spoiler tags these days?

yeah so no one is forced to see pictures of YOUR BUTT. Hahaha.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #26 on: 17 November 2023, 14:10:38 »

Those words were hurtful.  But not as hurtful as the mauling tent.  Which you will be visiting.

Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #27 on: 30 December 2023, 19:06:24 »

Hi all, sorry that I haven't been here, I think the issues came after the server was automatically upgraded to a new version of PHP.  I will try and sort things soon.

Hope you are all doing alright.

I might be ugly... At least I ain't got no money!
Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #28 on: 31 December 2023, 00:06:46 »

Oh, hello Abe. I'm doing okay. Remember when I was ten years old? That was wacky. I'm thirty-three now. We're all currently embarking on a journey to hell in order to find you.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #29 on: 31 December 2023, 18:06:45 »

I'm just happy the place is still running at all, to be honest!

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #30 on: 31 December 2023, 21:03:31 »

Hi all, sorry that I haven't been here, I think the issues came after the server was automatically upgraded to a new version of PHP.  I will try and sort things soon.

Hope you are all doing alright.

Thanks Abe! Hope things are good on your end, too!

Oh, hello Abe. I'm doing okay. Remember when I was ten years old? That was wacky. I'm thirty-three now. We're all currently embarking on a journey to hell in order to find you.

See MChat v2.0

We're so close to hell. Snare, was your drawing of the next issue in progress when he came back? Did you actually open the portal?

Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #31 on: 4 January 2024, 14:32:15 »

I am not going to have a PC for the next couple of weeks but once I do I'll try and sort this mess.

Snare
Super Robot

« Reply #32 on: 4 January 2024, 16:02:23 »

We love you. Please hold us like you used to.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #33 on: 4 January 2024, 21:32:44 »

I am not going to have a PC for the next couple of weeks but once I do I'll try and sort this mess.

Hope things are going well for you, Abe.  This is all a labor of love, after all.

Abominator
Creator of MMM

« Reply #34 on: 21 January 2024, 21:28:57 »

Hi again, I finally got my new PC but now they are gonna upgrade PHP again in early Feb so I might as well wait til that's done before I mess with anything.

Will report back here when things are done.

Pages: 1 Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Matrix  |  MMM General Forum  |  : Ongoing Issues
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string