MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
27 April 2024, 16:53:52
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Battle Network Series  |  : Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection Announced
Pages: 1 Print
Author Topic: Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection Announced  (Read 2107 times)
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« on: 28 June 2022, 14:19:54 »

They announced a BN Collection during the Nintendo Direct Mini. From the small amount of footage it seems like some text and such are updated visually. So far only announced for Switch but probably will be for the other consoles and PC as well.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #1 on: 28 June 2022, 17:11:56 »

It will be on PS4 and Steam as well, but it is not known if all of it will be physical or half cart half code like the others.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #2 on: 28 June 2022, 21:41:08 »

I think it's all physical, and digital is split in half.

With that said, I never played the Battle Network games.  I didn't like how it looked.  Should I give it a shot? 
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3 on: 28 June 2022, 22:18:37 »

1-3 are pretty good games.  4-6 have a very different feel to them and I hated them.  Very gimmick heavy.  If you play 1-3, do 1, 2, and 3 Blue.

Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #4 on: 8 July 2022, 02:37:49 »

Battle Network is hard to recommend because it plays and is written like some silly kids tv show.

It worked for me when I was a kid.

Put that aside and you get a pretty unique game with an interesting challenge.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #5 on: 16 September 2022, 14:39:45 »

Onliine Battles and Trading are confirmed for all the games in the Collection.

TGS Video here.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #6 on: 27 April 2023, 23:27:26 »

So I decided to buy the collection.  This is the first time I am actually playing the Battle Network Collection.

WHAT IN THE ABSOLUTE ##### AM I PLAYING?

Don't get the wrong idea.  I'm actually enjoying it so far, but how the ##### are you supposed to keep track of everything with the different battle chips and styles/souls.  I just basically went ##### it and turned on Buster Max and I'm just having fun destroying everything in my sights.  With that said, I find the setting and story really cute.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #7 on: 28 April 2023, 14:12:18 »

You've never played BN before now?  Wow...  I quite liked it back in the day.  I almost made a website around it.  I didn't care for Capcom trying to Pokemon it by splitting into two releases so 3 was nerfed, and I hated 4.  It was the last one I played.  5 was just awful and 6 tried to correct but just couldn't fix what was wrong.  But I love the first three.  They also changed all the overworld sprites in 4-6.  Didn't like em.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #8 on: 2 May 2023, 16:46:27 »

We got a review copy of the MMBN collection for my buddy's podcast. I've been playing the first one and I feel like I'm back in high school. Also, navigating the online world while baked is hell.

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #9 on: 2 May 2023, 23:39:37 »

In the first game even sober it's kind of hell.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #10 on: 3 May 2023, 00:26:37 »

BN2 is still far and above the best one.

BN1 is dated as hell and janky but the main game is fine. Getting 100% is incredibly tedious though.
Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #11 on: 4 May 2023, 15:14:00 »

Holy ##### my oldest son, who never even played MMBN, figured out where the hell I was supposed to be going last night in the online world, and I'm pretty #####ing sure I got stuck in the exact same spot WHEN THE GAME WAS FIRST OUT.

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #12 on: 4 May 2023, 15:24:19 »

In fairness, the internet was but fiction when we were kids, kids today live in a reality where the internet is real.  No wonder they're so good at it.

Pages: 1 Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  Battle Network Series  |  : Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection Announced
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string