MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
29 April 2024, 11:30:14
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Matrix  |  MMM General Forum  |  : Just got an awesome flashback!
Pages: 1 Print
Author Topic: Just got an awesome flashback!  (Read 601 times)
Pokito
Noob

« on: 20 April 2022, 04:57:22 »

Hi everyone! I just recalled something that happened quite some time ago here in the MMM:

Back in the days of AIM and noisy modems, there was this countdown going on at the title of the site. I clearly remember that I was checking the forums, and when I refreshed the page, the title changed into a big announcement with yellow letters, and "The Final Countdown" started playing. That was pretty awesome!! I always have that very cool memory from here as a kid. I think that I asked Abe or Xero about it, and one of them told me that I'd found early on about something in the site, and I felt really happy about that back then! Does anybody have any recollection of this?
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #1 on: 20 April 2022, 20:13:09 »

I don't recall that at all.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Pokito
Noob

« Reply #2 on: 21 April 2022, 04:17:45 »

Yes, it's super odd, because I do remember the music playing and all, and the logo changed to yellow or red, but I just don't remember what the event was about. I think there was going to be a new feature in the board, and Abe held a countdown until the big reveal. Or there was going to be a new version of it-- something along that. But overall it's a really fun thing that I remember, the forum was very vibrant and those were really nice times.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3 on: 25 April 2022, 10:50:29 »

Maybe it was for Mchat or something?  Was very long ago.
Pokito
Noob

« Reply #4 on: 26 April 2022, 04:52:06 »

That must be it, and yes, it goes waaay back. I feel glad that I can still revisit this place every now and then, it's like travelling back in time.
Pages: 1 Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Matrix  |  MMM General Forum  |  : Just got an awesome flashback!
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string