MegaMan Matrix

Welcome, Guest. Please Log In or Register. Did you miss your activation email?
28 April 2024, 14:09:19
RadioGallery (OFFLINE)MBoard + MChatRegisterLog In
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  ZX Series  |  : Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection announced!
Pages: 1 Print
Author Topic: Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection announced!  (Read 11747 times)
Xero
Matrix Marine

« on: 29 August 2019, 14:41:08 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P3RQFWfW64

Not sure if want.  I'll play the ZX games again, but ##### the zero series (Unless they fix the ranking system, then I might give it a shot)

Anyway discuss, rant, whatever.  (Feels good to see the board back :D)
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #1 on: 29 August 2019, 20:41:00 »

If the price is right, maybe.

I don't think I ever really gave these games a chance. I gave each series about half an hour of my time and it wasn't enough to click with me.
It certainly doesn't help that this site ##### talks it to death.

Everyone also hates MN9, and I at least found that game enjoyable enough to finish it. If I like MN9, is there anything I actually SHOULD like about Zero and ZX?

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Teelio
Sniper Joe

« Reply #2 on: 29 August 2019, 21:29:59 »

I only have 20 minutes out of a lifetime invested in any of the Zero/ZX games. May not be worth the initial release price, but I'll scoop it up when it inevitably goes on sale.

tlo
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #3 on: 29 August 2019, 21:34:15 »

My issue with the Zero series is that it's too hardcore for hardcore's sake.  A game can be difficult, but without any accessibility options that DON'T PUNISH YOU FOR ACTUALLY USING THEM, doesn't help your game much.
Vinchenz Rock
Super Robot

« Reply #4 on: 30 August 2019, 02:09:40 »

Looking forward to this. I don't care much for the games but I want to give 'em another shot.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #5 on: 30 August 2019, 06:22:35 »

While I'm not a fan of Zero/ZX, more Mega Man games on my Switch is always nice.

Hoping we get a Legends or BN Collection next year.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #6 on: 30 August 2019, 16:37:46 »

If it's retail I'll get it, but it remain to be seen how retail the "retail" release will be.  Capcom loves to make between 50 to 66% of their "retail" releases digital, at least on Switch.  But I'm a bit of a completionist so I'll get it, if it's all on cart/disc.  Even though I hate Zero/ZX a fair amount.

Doctor Mario is not a real doctor.  Do NOT let him touch your genitals.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #7 on: 30 August 2019, 17:48:20 »

I'm surprised you of all people would even """"""consider""""" to even purchase it.

If it's cheap, I'll get it for ZX/ZXA alone.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #8 on: 30 August 2019, 17:54:44 »

I'm a collector.  I have lots of stuff I hate.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #9 on: 1 September 2019, 08:27:39 »

In addition to the Zero/ZX Collections, Capcom also announced a 5 in 1 box of all the previous Legacy Collections + Mega Man 11... apparently it has a physical copy of Classic Legacy Collection 2 for the Switch. Though it'll cost you a bit.

Link here.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #10 on: 1 September 2019, 18:48:15 »

Well, now I have to buy that JUST to get a physical copy of MMLC2 for Switch.

Johncarllos
Super Robot

« Reply #11 on: 1 September 2019, 23:06:17 »

I didn't hate playing the zero series, I did get all of them and ZX but I was also just a kid on his GBA/DS. I remember lots of grinding.

I don't think I'd play them again.

I can skin anything smaller than a bobcat in 30 seconds.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #12 on: 3 September 2019, 14:48:23 »

If I like MN9, is there anything I actually SHOULD like about Zero and ZX?

For what it's worth, MMZ and ZX have tight gameplay. The story is hit and miss (at times huge MISS), and as Xero said MMZ can be "hardcore for hardcore's sake" but it's not like it's unfair. It's just that the rating system can get annoying.

That said... I played MMZ1-3 and ZX, my favourite part in all that is the little bit at the beginning of ZX where you play as ONLY Model-X. You never realize how much you missed playings as X until that moment, only to have it taken away (and thus I just go back to playing MMX instead).

SB
Sniper Joe

« Reply #13 on: 4 September 2019, 05:48:01 »

As long as I can swap to Rockman ZX and play it like I've always done, I'll be happy. That feature is underplayed in the previous collections, so I'm hoping it comes back for this edition. I also wouldn't mind replaying the Zero games with some uncensored blood splatters for the sheer novelty of it.

Shape the world you live in, instead of letting others define it for you. Stop being reactive and become proactive, and leave a legacy worth remembering, since only you personally decide the limits of your greatness.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #14 on: 4 September 2019, 17:02:40 »

Don't forget collectable eechi posters of all the sexy reploid womenz now hidden in each stage!  Can you get an SS+ rank to get them?  No.  No one can.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #15 on: 14 September 2019, 01:26:35 »

Good news, they've confirmed all 6 games are on the cart/disc for the Collection.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #16 on: 14 September 2019, 02:04:13 »

About time they finally did an actual retail release on Switch.  They need to rerelease MMLC and MMXLC all on 1 or 2 carts on Switch.  No f-ing downloads.

Now we wait for Battle Network and Legends collection.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #17 on: 16 September 2019, 14:52:45 »

Bummer that they made the actual physical release for the collection I'm LEAST likely to buy though.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #18 on: 16 September 2019, 21:38:11 »

Ha!  Yeah.  The worst one is the complete one.  That stings.

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #19 on: 17 September 2019, 05:59:56 »

They even have uncompressed cutscenes and audio. Wish we could've gotten uncompressed cutscenes for MM8 and X4.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #20 on: 17 September 2019, 19:37:52 »

That might have just been the quality that stuff exists in for those.  I could believe the only footage they have are the compressed low quality PS4 versions of it.  It wouldn't be the first time original high quality masters were lost or just not kept.

Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #21 on: 18 September 2019, 18:40:09 »

Yeah exactly. It's also possible it wasn't even made at significantly higher quality than what there is there. If anything, give me the current MM8 cutscenes, the visuals are fine, but redo all the audio and voice acting.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #22 on: 20 September 2019, 13:51:09 »

I might actually give the Zero games a try with the casual scenario mode and use it to train myself.  Hopefully I'll be able to "git gud" and not have to use it after awhile.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #23 on: 20 September 2019, 18:16:46 »

Theres some flatly bad stage and game design in those games.  It's not just "get gud".

NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #24 on: 27 September 2019, 20:13:15 »

And don't forget having to find Cyber Elves in order to get Sub Tanks and Life Ups. Oh, also you have to feed them crystals too. And once you use them you'll get a penalty to your ranking so you miss out on other stuff too!
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #25 on: 30 September 2019, 19:39:52 »

The ranking penalty was such bull##### with that.

As is ranking in general tbh

Winged Warrior
Super Robot

« Reply #26 on: 19 November 2019, 03:16:19 »

Now on PC: pay to play games that are over a decade old, with all the stretched resolution and save-states of the "computer program of dubious legality"s of the day!

Good on Capcom for, you know, adding this to consoles and PCs and #####, but y'all know the price is going to be like, 20-30$.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #27 on: 23 March 2020, 16:10:59 »

Finally we are #####ing back!!!!

Ok.  So I have gotten ZX/Zero collection for the Switch.  Here are my thoughts.

Being able to map the controls & save assist turns the Zero series from a piece of hot garbage to some of the best mega man games ever played.  I actually had fun playing them.  S-ranked Zero 1-3 and are about to S-rank Zero 4.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be getting viciously eviscerated by Nibbles in the mauling tent.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #28 on: 23 March 2020, 21:59:24 »

Where do you map buttons from?  I must have missed that, but buttons as assigned for the GBA games make them all but unplayable for me.  I detest not being able to disable the 2nd screen on the DS games.  None of the options they give you are good.  But that's just a problem of porting DS/3DS games to one screen platforms.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #29 on: 23 March 2020, 23:29:15 »

There's a custom control you can use for each game.  I used X series controls with Y being Attack, B being Jump, A being Dash, and X being sub weapon.  Then change attack type to B so you can use Y for main weapon and X for sub weapon.
Majikn
Super Robot

« Reply #30 on: 24 March 2020, 00:01:56 »

Good on Capcom for, you know, adding this to consoles and PCs and #####, but y'all know the price is going to be like, 20-30$.

The guilty pay the price.

Anyway it's 40 bucks in Canada for the Switch.

iShrug.

The Exorcist has taught me that when I'm losing an argument I may save face by vomiting on the opposition.
Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #31 on: 24 March 2020, 13:50:57 »

I s-ranked all 4 zero games (The junk armor in z4 is broken as ##### but I love it)  Thanks to save assist.  The feature is a godsend and makes a crap game actually good to play.

Will do ZX/Advent but without Save assist since there is no ranking system and I can finally play at my own leisure.
TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #32 on: 24 March 2020, 19:51:25 »

I might have to look back into it if you can remap the buttons.  I haven't played any of them since they were originally released.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #33 on: 2 April 2020, 10:07:04 »

Playing ZX now.  Getting the level 4 victories are a lot harder then I remembered.  Well that's not true.  Most are easy but Fistleo is a pain in the ass since he's so small and his head is there the biometal is.
NovaMan XP
Super Robot

« Reply #34 on: 3 April 2020, 01:05:26 »

Most are easy but some have wonky hit detection. I missed a shot on Purprill and somehow it hit his arms and counted against me...

Fistleo and Flammole are absolute trash for getting Lv. 4 Victories.

The Collection's Save Assist feature definitely makes the Zero games less frustrating since you don't have to worry about a cheap death making you lose lives, and you can actually keep fighting a boss repeatedly until you finally win, something I couldn't really do in the original games because I'd get a game over and just get tired of playing.

Really wish they would've fixed Zero 1-3's ranking BS though. Would love to know who thought it was a great idea to punish you for not playing a certain way.

Xero
Matrix Marine

« Reply #35 on: 23 April 2020, 01:31:21 »

Flammole was surprisingly simple.  Just hit his head once he does that flamethrower attack.  You won't touch his arms.

Posted on: 12 April 2020, 05:12:36

Playing through ZX Advent right now.  Have to say one of the side missions hit me right in the feels

*Little girl and her father are looking for flowers for her mother*
*Says her mother loves flowers*
*It's for her grave right next to them*

Holy #####.  That hit hard.
Mikero
Super Robot

« Reply #36 on: 29 April 2020, 17:08:59 »

Really wish they would've fixed Zero 1-3's ranking BS though. Would love to know who thought it was a great idea to punish you for not playing a certain way.

To me that's the most egregrious part of the Zero series. Completely robs the fun out of a lot of it for me when a game gives you options but you're not "allowed" to use them.

TheRedPriest
Matrix Marine

« Reply #37 on: 29 April 2020, 21:09:03 »

The Zero/ZX series are a good example of bad ways to do things.

Speed Racer
Super Robot

« Reply #38 on: 19 July 2020, 16:24:29 »

I only have 20 minutes out of a lifetime invested in any of the Zero/ZX games. May not be worth the initial release price, but I'll scoop it up when it inevitably goes on sale.

It's currently 20% off; I'm waiting to see if they knock it down any more around Christmas.

Never insult seven people when you only have a six-shooter.
Pages: 1 Print 
The MBoard  |  MegaMan Series  |  ZX Series  |  : Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection announced!
Jump to:
Cannot access offset of type string on string